hockey season....DEAD

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

Otis, should the families of former slaves get special considerations too. Move on and grow up along the way.

That shit is ancient history.

Fucking liberal democrat.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote:Otis, should the families of former slaves get special considerations too. Move on and grow up along the way.

That shit is ancient history.

Fucking liberal democrat.
You consider 13 years ancient history?

If you're as much of a hockey fan as you're in here claiming to be, then you should have no problem with telling us exactly what happened in 92.

Listen troll, if you had even half a clue about the history of this game you'd know that that shit isn't so ancient. The mistrust between players and owners still lives.

Now bitch, either answer the questions or take your shit baiting ass back to ESPN chat.

Why is the NHL afraid to put the players last proposal to a majority vote?
How come Betteman caters to the bottom feeders?
And why is the NHL so deadset against revenue sharing?
The New Yorks and Toronto's of the league make more than enough to help out their piss poor cousins in markets that only Gary thinks deserve to have franchises.. but yet, that's unacceptable to the league heiarchy.
Why is that?

Time is ticking tard..
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

Listen, you are the bitch that has been used several times over in this forum. Bitch-slapped over and over. Since I am sure you are a minor I wonder what social services is going to do.

I will ask again....what do you do for a living? How old are you? Come on, stop being a little bitch....
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Bzzzt.

Wrong answer tard.

Once again you fail to answer the hockey related questions.
Take your baiting troll act elsewhere.
tao
Crack Whore

Post by tao »

Otis wrote:Try telling that to Doug Harvey and Busher Jackson.

It's because of the owners greed that they both were left homeless.
Are you the same guy railing on about free markets and capitalism ... what now ... cradle to grave care for hockey players ... :roll:
Otis wrote:Why is the NHL afraid to put the players last proposal to a majority vote?
How do you know they didn't?
Otis wrote:How come Betteman caters to the bottom feeders?
So that all teams regardless of market size can consistently compete for a championship.
Otis wrote:And why is the NHL so deadset against revenue sharing?
They are not. They have gone on record and said they have a revenue sharing strategy. They did not want to disclose the revenue sharing plan while negotiating a CBA with the NHLPA.
Any idiot can see that if they offered the players a league wide % of revenue (55%), a salary cap and a salary floor (earlier proposals) that there must be some revenue sharing.
Otis wrote:The New Yorks and Toronto's of the league make more than enough to help out their piss poor cousins in markets that only Gary thinks deserve to have franchises.. but yet, that's unacceptable to the league heiarchy.
Why is that?
Well I would think that it is more unacceptable to NY or Toronto than any of the piss poor cousins.

On one hand you think Bettman caters to the "Have Not" franchises (see your bottom feeders comment above)... then you state the league hierarchy caters to NY and Toronto when it comes to revenue sharing.

You really don't seem very bright.

Otis wrote:A former great living in a boxcar because of his being an outcast by helping to form the players union sums up why Harvey was forced to live like that.
Are all the players that helped form the players union living in boxcars?

Harvey was not forced to live in a boxcar. He was grown man able to make decisions and earn a living anyway he could. Seems to me ultimately he chose to live the way he did.
The Anomaly
Jake

Post by The Anomaly »

tao wrote: He was grown man able to make decisions and earn a living anyway he could. Seems to me ultimately he chose to live the way he did.
Tao: That is the crux of living. I am accountable for everything that happens to me. If I am in a bad situation it is up to me to change it. I fucking hate liberal demos that want to help everyone. Hell, if every single person did what they were supposed to do we wouldn't need 1 million gov't programs.

otis: You are one fucking bitch. You are definitely the NHL board bitch. I am begging you to tell me YOUR situation in this world. You refuse which can only tell me that you are A) mentally retarded on some level, 2) a kid, 3) a fucking complete loser.

Let me know which one fits you.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

tao wrote:
Otis wrote:Try telling that to Doug Harvey and Busher Jackson.

It's because of the owners greed that they both were left homeless.
Are you the same guy railing on about free markets and capitalism ... what now ... cradle to grave care for hockey players ... :roll:
Beautiful, a 3 post troll shows up.
Alright troll,
Yes, I agree with Ted Lindsay and the players.
I'm on the players' side," Lindsay said. "But both are wrong. This is about stubbornness or egos, or whatever it is. The players gave back 24 percent of their salaries. That should have been enough.

"I hope the players stand firm. They're getting crucified a little bit in Canada for being greedy, but if a guy offers you that money, what are you supposed to do, say no?"

Lindsay doesn't believe the owners' message, delivered by commissioner Gary Bettman, is just about salaries and finances.

"I think he's got another motive," Lindsay said of Bettman. "He might be trying to break the union. I don't know all the legal ramifications of that, but I think that's what they want: A whole new league with new players -- maybe that's what he's thinking."

That rubs Lindsay the wrong way for several reasons, but mostly this:

"The owners have nobody to blame but themselves, and now they want the players to correct it for them."

Otis wrote:Why is the NHL afraid to put the players last proposal to a majority vote?
How do you know they didn't?
:roll:
Dodge..
Prove to me that they did..
They won't put it to a majority vote because that's what Betteman is afraid of. Hence, his 8 owners vote veto clause.
Otis wrote:How come Betteman caters to the bottom feeders?
So that all teams regardless of market size can consistently compete for a championship.
Really eh.. so fuck everyone else if there's one or 3 franchises that lack fan support and financial backing and should be contracted. Nice logic.
Otis wrote:And why is the NHL so deadset against revenue sharing?
They are not. They have gone on record and said they have a revenue sharing strategy. They did not want to disclose the revenue sharing plan while negotiating a CBA with the NHLPA.
Any idiot can see that if they offered the players a league wide % of revenue (55%), a salary cap and a salary floor (earlier proposals) that there must be some revenue sharing.
Wrong, that's not revenue sharing that's linkage to player contracts but not revenue sharing amongst the teams themselves.
Even Betteman has said they're not interested in that.

Otis wrote:The New Yorks and Toronto's of the league make more than enough to help out their piss poor cousins in markets that only Gary thinks deserve to have franchises.. but yet, that's unacceptable to the league heiarchy.
Why is that?
Well I would think that it is more unacceptable to NY or Toronto than any of the piss poor cousins.
But if they're the ones making more than anyone else and they support Betteman, then why wouldn't they want to help their fellow owners.

On one hand you think Bettman caters to the "Have Not" franchises (see your bottom feeders comment above)... then you state the league hierarchy caters to NY and Toronto when it comes to revenue sharing.
Read it again tard, the league IS catering to the have nots, the Nashvilles, Floridas, Columbus's hence the reason why Betteman is so insistent on getting his precious linkage and hard cap.
The Detroits, Torontos and other top revenue producing teams are being held back by the owners of the have not teams.

Otis wrote:A former great living in a boxcar because of his being an outcast by helping to form the players union sums up why Harvey was forced to live like that.
Are all the players that helped form the players union living in boxcars?

Harvey was not forced to live in a boxcar. He was grown man able to make decisions and earn a living anyway he could. Seems to me ultimately he chose to live the way he did.
No, but from those that formed the players union to begin with, the history of owners fucking the players over at any opportunity continues to this day.
You don't turn your backs on those who fought for you.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Anomaly wrote:otis: You are one fucking bitch. You are definitely the NHL board bitch. I am begging you to tell me YOUR situation in this world. You refuse which can only tell me that you are A) mentally retarded on some level, 2) a kid, 3) a fucking complete loser.

Let me know which one fits you.
Why can't you answer the hockey related questions tard?

1) Because you can't
2) You're nothing but a shit baiting troll
3) You're a personal info hound..

I'm going to go with all 3.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I have seen enough of "The Anomaly". He will hereafter be anomalous to this message board.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

A perfect example of when trolls go bad.

Entertaining Trolls are great, and can be a lot a laughs.
Trolls used just to argue their master Nic's side, are chicken shit.

BtW...anyone who is fun troll inclined, give me a whisper.
I have an idea which I doubt I could pull off.

Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Otis wrote:
Hapday wrote:Harvey is also a bad example. He chose to drown himself in alcohol as well.
Have you seen Net Worth?

A former great living in a boxcar because of his being an outcast by helping to form the players union sums up why Harvey was forced to live like that.
And the NHLPA never did squat for him, gottcha.

An yes, I saw 'Net Worth'. You can't even begin to campare what those poorly paid players to our current millionaires cry babies.

Why hasn't the NHLPA put any offer to a vote, especially the last one the owners tabled?
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Hapday wrote:
Otis wrote:
Hapday wrote:Harvey is also a bad example. He chose to drown himself in alcohol as well.
Have you seen Net Worth?

A former great living in a boxcar because of his being an outcast by helping to form the players union sums up why Harvey was forced to live like that.
And the NHLPA never did squat for him, gottcha.

An yes, I saw 'Net Worth'. You can't even begin to campare what those poorly paid players to our current millionaires cry babies.

Why hasn't the NHLPA put any offer to a vote, especially the last one the owners tabled?
Because it's in their charter that the executive committe decides on behalf of the association whether or not to put a proposal to a vote.
If they didn't, then obviously the last owners proposal sucked.

Now,

Why does the NHL refuse to open the last players proposal up to a majority vote?

Even Bill Watters (he's pro-owner) was saying that the players proposal of $45 million was more than reasonable.
Why is the NHL so unwilling to accept revenue sharing amongst the teams.

Quid pro quo Hap... Quid pro quo...