I WAS going to golf today...

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Dinsdale
Lord Google

I WAS going to golf today...

Post by Dinsdale »

But I guess I'm going to go watch the final round of a Geriatric Major, instead.

Free VIP passes don't suck. But, they ain't in my hand yet, so I ain't counting chickens.

Gonna be crankin-hot in the western burbs today. Maybe one of the old dudes will drop from a heatstroke...that would be epic.

I'm pretty tanked by noon-btw. Must have been the whiskey and Bailey's in the coffee. None of those old guys better get lippy withn the Dinsinator today.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WOOOHOOO!!!!

If any of you watch the Jeld-Wen Tradition, keep an eye out for me. I'll be the guy in the brown Ashworth shirt, white Yankee hat, who is beating up some over-the-hill loudmouthed pro golfer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Awesome...totally awesome. Eduardo Romero is the man.

Dude started out a few back, and he was just absolutely GOING for it the whole time. Some nasty, nasty pins, and he wasn't afraid of any of them.

Sucker swung like...like...like a Dinsdale or something. He launch some monsters off the tee.

Loren Roberts was at like -11 when I walked in the place, about the time he was making the turn. Finished -6. OUCH.

Jay Haas and Fuzzy were probably the most personable guys there, or that I sawte. Bob Gilder is always a favorite in front of the home fans. Jake withdrew friday.

On 15, Andy Bean jerked a drive right, over our heads, and into a bunker. As we said "oooh, that's not what he wanted to do," an official came by, laughed, and said "and he's in a reeeallly bad mood, too...hehehe." Hit the next one a long way, for a sand lie...right into another bunker(there's like 147 bunkers on the South Course, but it's not 100% South Course they're playing). Jackass then throws his club. But, it got better -- his caddie grabs a rake, fixes one freaking foorprint, leaving the divot and mark the ball made rolling in, and then...freaking caddie then freaking throws the rake, in between the tee and the bunker. A couple of freaking clowns. Man, the official just glared them down and scowled as they walked off (isn't failing to rake a bunker a penalty? He wasn't assessed one, but I watched that go down with my own two eyeballs, saw the marks he left). THIS on a hole he made PAR. Jackass.

Tom Kite is even uglier in person, if that's even possible.

Wasn't too bad...in the shade. Was purt-near 100 degrees, but a little breeze, not too uncomfortable. Greens weren't holding for a poo after baking in the sun all day...nobody seemed to figure this out, and just about everyone played 18 too hot...looked easy, hitting past the hole into a backslope, but nothing drew back. And I didn't see one player make the downhiller...not one.

All in all, a good time, and saw some great shots and some great meltdowns. All one can ask.

Oh, and I can cross "Burn some weed on the fairway at a Major" off my "things to do before I die" list.