the intro to this forum

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

the intro to this forum

Post by Guest »

the "ONE, TWO, ONE TWO THREE FOUR" on the index page is the shit.

for those who don't know, it's the intro to the song, "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love," featured in what is the most EPIC musical comedy of all time, The Blues Brothers, otherwise known as, "The Good Ol' Blues Brothers Boys Band." :lol:

Check out the original of that song by Solomon Burke.

"I'm so happy to be here tonight. So glad to be in your wonderful city. And I have a little message for you. And I wanna tell every woman and every man tonight that's ever needed someone to love. That's ever had somebody to love them. That's ever had somebody to understand them. That's ever had someone that needs their love all the time. Someone who's with 'em when they're up. Somebody who's with 'em when they're down. If you had yourself somebody like this you better hold on to 'em because let me tell you something: Sometimes you get what you want and you lose what you had. And there's a song I sing. And I believe that if everybody was to sing this song, it'd save the whole world."

RACK x infinty

Fucking one of the greatest soul songs of all time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

It is also the intro to about 1000 other songs done in 4/4 time.

The Beatles early material comes to mind.

That being said, I killed a shitload of useless brain cells watching the Blues Brothers at after hours parties. Rack that shit.

"Orange whip?...orange whip?...Three orange whips!"
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown

Post by Guest »

BSmack wrote:It is also the intro to about 1000 other songs done in 4/4 time.

The Beatles early material comes to mind.

That being said, I killed a shitload of useless brain cells watching the Blues Brothers at after hours parties. Rack that shit.

"Orange whip?...orange whip?...Three orange whips!"
It's in reference to the Blues Brothers.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Samurai G wrote:It's in reference to the Blues Brothers.
No shit? Really?

:roll:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown

Post by Guest »

BSmack wrote:
No shit? Really?

yes, really. No go back to getting your ass plungered in the gay mod forum

It figures I write an epic tribute to the Blues Brothers and Solomon Burke and you come in with "The Beatles blah blah blah..."

I said it was in reference to the Blues Brothers because perhaps you didn't know and.....

then you melt down.

Brilliant. You're the Spice Girls of smack
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Samurai G wrote:
BSmack wrote:
No shit? Really?

yes, really. No go back to getting your ass plungered in the gay mod forum

It figures I write an epic tribute to the Blues Brothers and Solomon Burke and you come in with "The Beatles blah blah blah..."

I said it was in reference to the Blues Brothers because perhaps you didn't know and.....

then you melt down.

Brilliant. You're the Spice Girls of smack
^^^^^^^^^ Is easier to detonate than nitroglycerin.

:P

That whole Blues Brothers reference is so off the wall for this board.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown

Post by Guest »

I never assume that a tard knows the obvious so I was trying to help you.

it also doesn't surprise me that you are tyring to bring smack in the music forum. This forum is for music, brah.

If you had any real balls, you'd either get over your little grudge because I called you out or you'd start a callout thread for me in the main forum.

Either way you slice it, it all adds up to MAD BODE for me.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Samurai G wrote:I never assume that a tard knows the obvious so I was trying to help you.

it also doesn't surprise me that you are tyring to bring smack in the music forum. This forum is for music, brah.

If you had any real balls, you'd either get over your little grudge because I called you out or you'd start a callout thread for me in the main forum.

Either way you slice it, it all adds up to MAD BODE for me.

Confucius say: He who call Bode looking for something he have not.

one two one two three four!

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

SG,

You gots to chill.

Love,
EPMD

WGF
WAR EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!!!
why is my neighborhood on fire
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Hey, did you guys also notice that this forum is titled "Jake and Elwood's Music Forum"? For those that don't know, Jake and Elwood are characters in the the Blues Brothers! That is so epic.

Sin,
SG=MA
"Keys, woman!"

Post by Guest »

and the MAD CRAZY BODE continues...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

blues brothers is a great film, but i'm taking the Beatles side of this one.

and pretty much every R&B band ever.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"

Post by Guest »

solomon burke won a fookin grammy a few years ago
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Samurai G wrote:solomon burke won a fookin grammy a few years ago
Britney Spears won a Grammy. What's yer point?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown

Post by Guest »

just relaying a fact to tards like you.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

What happened to your avitar? :wink:

Music take: The early Beatles albums are horribly underrated by most music critics, who prefer to dwell on the post touring phase of the Beatles career. In doing so, they are missing out on some great music. From Meet the Beatles through Rubber Soul, these albums reveal the soul of a band struggling to break the bonds imposed on them by a system that wanted them to remain locked in 2 minute long, 4/4 time pop songs. it was only through their fortitude, personality and sheer brilliance that they were able to evolve and transcend these petty constraints. In the process The Beatles created music that was both timeless and very danceable. Which is very important if you want to win a Grammy. Just ask Britney Spears, who now has more Grammys than Jimi Hendrix.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Samurai G wrote:and the MAD CRAZY BODE continues...
So far your major contirbutions to this forum have been a thread about how you think Kelly Clarkson is good and a thread explaining something that everyone already understood. Yeah dude, you've got bode like a motherfucker. Please continue to enlighten us with your vast knowledge of music & film.
"Keys, woman!"
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

BSmack wrote:What happened to your avitar? :wink:

Music take: Just ask Britney Spears, who now has more Grammys than Jimi Hendrix.
sad that....
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

BSmack wrote:What happened to your avitar? :wink:

Music take: The early Beatles albums are horribly underrated by most music critics, who prefer to dwell on the post touring phase of the Beatles career. In doing so, they are missing out on some great music. From Meet the Beatles through Rubber Soul, these albums reveal the soul of a band struggling to break the bonds imposed on them by a system that wanted them to remain locked in 2 minute long, 4/4 time pop songs. it was only through their fortitude, personality and sheer brilliance that they were able to evolve and transcend these petty constraints. In the process The Beatles created music that was both timeless and very danceable. Which is very important if you want to win a Grammy. Just ask Britney Spears, who now has more Grammys than Jimi Hendrix.

You had me until you mentioned "timeless and very danceable" in the same thought frame as the Beatles and Britney Spears.

Britney spears music is forgettable fad music. I couldn't mention more than one or two titles of her songs (maybe, if I thought real hard), and she broke no new ground, ever. The Beatles still draw new fans 40 years after. Two years after Britney peaked no one cares.

The difference between the beatles early compositions and their later ones can really be summed up (in composition, not musicality) rather easily by contemplating the carefree simplicity of "I want to hold your hand" versus the more personal and mature "Long and winding road"

Musically, they broke new territory with catchy pop licks and phrases, and soaring harmonies early on. Later, they were certainly better musicians, but their writing dealt less with the instant pop culture hit and more with the social conditions of the times and what they themselves were experiencing in their own lives.

The later beatles work also benefited from better recording equipment, open ended recording dates and times (with no touring or money limitations), so experimentation (herbal, chemical, technical, and musical) could take the forefront.

And never underestimate the power Beatle #5 had shaping their sound.

IMO, the Grammies are a "who's hot now" suck fest.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

Bushice gets a rack...i mean,will they remember Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady or Britney's Toxic in 20 years time?

my guess is they'll remember Jimi in 20 years time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

scritti wrote:Bushice gets a rack...i mean,will they remember Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady or Britney's Toxic in 20 years time?

Maybe if you saw the 4x4 Hendrix tapestry currently towering over my computer desk, you would have figured out that I was being QUITE sarcastic.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

ah...gotcha.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

BSmack wrote:
scritti wrote:Bushice gets a rack...i mean,will they remember Jimi Hendrix's Foxy Lady or Britney's Toxic in 20 years time?

Maybe if you saw the 4x4 Hendrix tapestry currently towering over my computer desk, you would have figured out that I was being QUITE sarcastic.
Without the tapestry visual, your sarcasm was not as evident. :)
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:
BSmack wrote:

I also had this little exchange with SG earlier in the thread.

SG- solomon burke won a fookin grammy a few years ago

Me- Britney Spears won a Grammy. What's yer point?

That was kinda the inspiration for the whole Grammy blast. Well, that and the oportunity to further kick a Kelly Clarkson fan in the nuts. :twisted:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

BSmack wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:
BSmack wrote: Maybe if you saw the 4x4 Hendrix tapestry currently towering over my computer desk, you would have figured out that I was being QUITE sarcastic.
I also had this little exchange with SG earlier in the thread.
I don't read entire freaking threads ;)
SG- solomon burke won a fookin grammy a few years ago

Me- Britney Spears won a Grammy. What's yer point?

That was kinda the inspiration for the whole Grammy blast. Well, that and the oportunity to further kick a Kelly Clarkson fan in the nuts. :twisted:
Clarkson has an awesome voice, but she will not amount to shit, because she is a manufactured artist.
scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

and you see,that's why no one from American Idol will never get a grammy....