sigh...I fugging hate pre-season games.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I'm having a good time.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Def still cant stop the bootleg or an end around.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

Casey Printers sucks. Badly. Can they return him to the CFL?
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Current 2006 Houston Texans bitches-

1. KC Chiefs.

:lol:
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

Yeah, THAT'S certainly something to hang their hats on.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

PrimeX wrote:Current 2006 Houston Texans bitches-

1. KC Chiefs.

So how's Mario Williams doing for you guys?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

1. KC Chiefs.

Not to read too much into a freaking pre-season game, but as for two first year coaches with new teams, Kubiaks squad looked like much more of the professionally prepared squad. Herm needs to wipe that silly ass smile off his face. That effort was a freaking embarrassment for the entire organization.

I hope that I'm over-reacting, but...

This fuck scares me to death. I just don't trust him to be an effective leader. Dude has a finely tuned machine of an offense, but I'm scared silly that'll he'll somehow fuck it up trying to insert his "brand" of football into it.

I'm not "down" with any of the "Hermisms"... chest pounding false bravado bullshit I've been reading and hearing come from this guys mouth.

Herm, buddy...you've been handed the keys to a freaking Ferrari, your JOB is to NOT drive it off a cliff.

DO NOT FUCK UP MY RIDE!
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

TenTallBen wrote:

1. KC Chiefs.

I was at the game and I can tell you that he ws pretty quiet. Granted, he was double and even tripled teamed a few times. He got in on 11 plays and had an assist. He was also going up against Kyle Turley. Not bad.

The guy that looked the best on the Texans "D" was Demeco Ryans. He was all over the field. I think he had 6 tackles. On offense it was the Wali Lundy show. He had 59 yards on 9 carries. He broke a 25 yarder against the Chiefs first D. Derrick Johnson was solid and Kawika MItchell made a really nice play in pass defense. Carr had Andre Johnson wide open and Kawika back pedeled like 30 yards to get a hand on the ball. Great play.

The Chiefs offense was very bland. No passes over 10 yards by TG. Johnson looked good. It was pre-season.

I think the Chiefs will be 10-6 or 11-5. I think the Texans will be 8-8
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

TenTallBen wrote:

1. KC Chiefs.

Yeah, he's a bust. It's a pretty easy call, especially after eleven plays. Besides, Wali Lundy outperformed your boy yesterday so don't get too giddy.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

War Wagon wrote:

1. KC Chiefs.

Not to read too much into a freaking pre-season game, but as for two first year coaches with new teams, Kubiaks squad looked like much more of the professionally prepared squad. Herm needs to wipe that silly ass smile off his face. That effort was a freaking embarrassment for the entire organization.

I hope that I'm over-reacting, but...

This fuck scares me to death. I just don't trust him to be an effective leader. Dude has a finely tuned machine of an offense, but I'm scared silly that'll he'll somehow fuck it up trying to insert his "brand" of football into it.

I'm not "down" with any of the "Hermisms"... chest pounding false bravado bullshit I've been reading and hearing come from this guys mouth.

Herm, buddy...you've been handed the keys to a freaking Ferrari, your JOB is to NOT drive it off a cliff.

DO NOT FUCK UP MY RIDE!
Herm’s already stripped out a couple of gears on your sled and replaced it with bling bling. Rejoice Wags – Herm is here to pimp yo ride.

Remember the Buddy Ryan "you've got a winner in town" boast? Fucker rolled out of town on his unicycle in a clown suit.

Cheers
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

GAWD I hope that isn't the case.... :oops:
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

The inability to stop the bootleg was ugly, but it can be easily fixed - all about weakside containment.

I watched parts of the Panthers / Bills game and Buffalo tried the same thing. Carolina stuffed it every time Losman tried to boot.

More concerning on defense is the lack of pass rush up the middle, and from anyone other than Jared Allen.

--------------------------------------------------

On offense, one thing that stood out was Green did not take any shots downfield.

That's scary as much of the running games success in the Vermy era was due to spreading the field.

If the safeties are playing up 80% of the game, then LJ is not gonna find open lanes like he did last season.

--------------------------------------------------
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bwa...Rack Toos. But dude? You wanna' resize that pic to fit the fucking page? TIA.

Well, there was one other positive. After some time to get over the sheer embarrasment of a squad obviously not prepared or playing "to win the game" (a fav Hermism)... Kyle Turley looked pretty damned good, punking the #1 Draft Pick on several occasions. Losing Big Willie was my main worry, and it looks like Turley may be an adequate replacement. Trent may survive the season, afterall.

As for the D yeah, it looked like the same old shit, different day, but I'll put some of that down to just not having it all together yet. Tamba Hali wasn't even present. The jury will be out for a while, but I simply find it hard to believe that they won't be able to improve at least a bit over the sad sack squads of the past few years.

As long as the offense can continue clicking and pretty much scoring at will like they have in the past, they'll be fine. And I have know doubt that they still have that ability, as long as Herm doesn't shackle it with conservative play calling.

And as for the Texans, I doubt they'll be threat to make the playoffs this year or next, but nobody should make the mistake of overlooking them on the schedule and counting that game as an automatic W. Give them a few years under Kubiak, and they most certainly will no longer be the doormat of the NFL.

David Carr isn't going to take that team anywhere, though. At some point, they'll have to get a proven winner in there to take the reins.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

War Wagon wrote: And as for the Texans, I doubt they'll be threat to make the playoffs this year or next, but nobody should make the mistake of overlooking them on the schedule and counting that game as an automatic W. Give them a few years under Kubiak, and they most certainly will no longer be the doormat of the NFL.

David Carr isn't going to take that team anywhere, though. At some point, they'll have to get a proven winner in there to take the reins.
The Texans had 1 bad season, that hardly makes them a doormat. They got rid of the problems, Dom Capers and Charley Casserly. They made some of the dumbest calls I have ever witnessed. Everyone knew that the Texans were going to come out in a 2 or 3 TE set and run off tackle. Carr had no chance and had no real coaching. Kubiak is changing this. Carr has 2 years to make an impact. I think we will know by week 10 if he is a player or not. In 2004 everyone thought5 he was ready to go to the next step and then the Texans sucked. It wasn't all David Carr. If he had the Chiefs line, he would be an all-pro. No one could have been sucessful behind last years Texans o-line. The line looked good last night. No sacks. :lol:
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

War Wagon wrote:David Carr isn't going to take that team anywhere, though. At some point, they'll have to get a proven winner in there to take the reins.
I disagree- in the FEW games in his career that the Texan's piss-poor excuse of an offensive line actually DID keep Carr upright he played pretty well, like last night. If their line can keep him upright and healthy over the course of a full season, and with the weapons he now has at WR then I think we'll see the REAL David Carr. He has NO excuses if those hold true.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

But dude? You wanna' resize that pic to fit the fucking page? TIA.
Ease up, 640x480 Wagon.

How did Tamba Hali look?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tamba wasn't even in Houston for the game. He was attending graduation ceremonies and getting his citizenship, so I heard.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Dumbass wrote:Image
Rack
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Loganfan wrote:
Dumbass wrote:Image
Rack