Rock Documentary: Dig!

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Rock Documentary: Dig!

Post by King Crimson »

http://www.digthemovie.com/

saw this last night: definitely worth checking out. anybody know anything/listen to Brian Jonestown Massacre? had heard the name, but didn't know anything until seeing the flick last night.

Post by Guest »

i heard they opened for John Cougar Concentration Camp
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

bump: i'm tellin' ya.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm tellin ya:

Brian Jonestown Massacre is one of the best bands of tha 90's.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dig! DVD --> Netflix queue. Release date Apr 12.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Samurai G wrote:i heard they opened for John Cougar Concentration Camp

:lol:

Excellent.

I'll add it to my Netflix queue sho nuff.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Well, finally watched the flick. Pretty entertaining. Didn't get a full on listen to the songs until later in the movie...thought some of the BJM stuff was good.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i may have overstated my case before. but, they put out 3-4 pretty solid records, IMHO.
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

About the Dandy Warhols...my wife was like, "what does that girl do beside stand there and shake her tits?"

I don't know that she has to do much else...
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

1st Dandy Warhols record came out in the mid-90's. I had a contact try to push it on the college music station where I was Music Director with "c'mon, the girl is showing off her tits in the CD booklet."

There's your answer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Did I mention(more than 400 times, anyway) that I went to school with Courtney Taylor?

Haven't seen him in a couple years. He's become too high-and-mighty to show up for the 20-year reunion, I'm sure. That, or he's probably touring. I'm certainly not the biggest Dandy's fan, but me and the Homies used to just laugh and laugh every time that Ford commercial came on.

And I wanna be bohemian like you..... They milked that bitch for years.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i laughed when i saw that in the more *mature* phase of the Dandies artistic evolution she was playing keyboards.

(her gushing "this is my first band and i'm in the coolest band ever..." soliloquy was kind of pitiful too.)
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hmmmm.....maybe I'll DIG! up some old yearbook pics, scan and post them. I'm not positive, but there may be a dandy freaking mullet in there somewhere.

I'll check.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

when she turned around and shook her ass at the camera...it moved.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

PSUFAN wrote:when she turned around and shook her ass at the camera...it moved.
HA!

I still have friends telling me to get that movie because an old college radio associate is seen handing out fliers in it. PSU, you get the extra bonus disc? What's on that? Worthwhile?

There's some Flaming Lips documentary on Netflix that has a "very long wait." First time I've seen that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I still have friends telling me to get that movie because an old college radio associate is seen handing out fliers in it.
Wait.....I'm possibly offering up pics of me and the subject of the film together, with said film star possibly sporting a mullet.....and you think you're cool because you worked with a guy who had a one-second JTR-like role?

Ponderous.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Dinsdale wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:I still have friends telling me to get that movie because an old college radio associate is seen handing out fliers in it.
Wait.....I'm possibly offering up pics of me and the subject of the film together, with said film star possibly sporting a mullet.....and you think you're cool because you worked with a guy who had a one-second JTR-like role?

Ponderous.
Don't worry, Zysdale. I'm not trying to trump your connections with the movie. I'm just saying that people want me to get the movie. Not trying to out hip you or out-U&L you or whatsuch.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK. Just so's long as we're clear on that.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Hmmmm.....maybe I'll DIG! up some old yearbook pics, scan and post them.
Don't sweat it. Just PM your pic to Roach, and he'll handle it from there.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the Lips doc is called Fearless Freaks. my sister saw it in OKC, she loved it.

it's made by the same guy, Bradley Beasley, who did the Okie Noodling documentary....which i'm proud to say i showed to my Contemporay Mass Media class last semester (can't remember the exact justification). Beasley is an Oklahoman who lived down the street from Wayne Coyne in the early 90's--supposedly.
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

didn't know I was talking to marshall mcluhan on this site.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, couldn't find pics of Dins and Courtney together. But I did find some absolutely choice pics of Courtney. Dude was really longing to be "new wave"....badly. Dorky suits, skinny ties...the whole bit.

I'll eventually get them scanned for your amusement, and possibly to blackmail homeboy. I might have done this earlier, but while DIGging for those pics, I also came across a few pics of some of my old homegirls from the dance team in their leotards and stuff, and......

Let's just say I have some business to take care of.