Congratulations Carolina!

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Congratulations Carolina!

Post by Cross Traffic »

What a game and what a series! The best we have seen in years, great effort by both sides in Game 7.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Kudos to both sides...congratulations to the first-time champs!

Life it up, AQ...you've earned it. 8)
RSoxFan
Elwood

Post by RSoxFan »

Congrats Hurricane fans.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Nice to see some dude on the ice in a Whalers jersey.

Props to the Hurricanes.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Congrats to the Hurricanes. It's great to see Commodore hoist the Cup.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

NBC left the air way too early...didn't get to see all of the guys skate the cup. Would it have killed them to keep the celebration on the air until 11:30? God forbid they have to move back Leno and Conan 30 minutes.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

No kidding, that was bad...at least I got to see ex-King Frank Kaberle hold it up.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

They barely showed Doug Weight holding the cup...the guy has an f'd up shoulder and he gets to lift the cup for the first time ever. That deserved some attention. Everyone but three guys had never won the title before...should be an exciting celebration ahead.
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

I hated this series becauese Carolina didn't have many players to hate.

Doug Weight: Ex-oiler but he's class, we boo you but we love you.
Cam Ward: Sherwood Park Boy
Commodore: Ft Sask guy who worked is butt off after not being good enough to play in calgary.
Brind'Amour: I've loved Rod since he played for St Louis. My father talked me out of buying a jersy way back when.
Glenn Wesly and the rest of the plumbers. How can you hate that.

The only guys who I don't like are Eric Cole who whines and bitches everytime theirs a mic in front of him. Eric be a man and accept the appology already. The other guy I didn't want to win the cup was Recchi. Apparently he was a cancer in Pittsburg and he get rewarded with a trade and now the cup.

Congrats Carolina!!!

We came out flat and it cost us.
GET-ZKY!!!!
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

I think NBC decided to kill the rest of the party after Ray Whitney dropped a "FUCKIN' RIGHT!" on live TV before the censortron could blip it.

I'm just...well hell, I'm in shock right now. I never, never ever in a million years, thought that I'd see this day. Ever.

Wow. Just...wow.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

AcidQueen wrote:I think NBC decided to kill the rest of the party after Ray Whitney dropped a "FUCKIN' RIGHT!" on live TV before the censortron could blip it.

RACK him for not biting his tongue. Congrats to him after the Wings kicked him to the curb. Props to Wardo on his third title.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Enjoying the post game interviews on nhl.com

Wesley with his family describing the leadership he learned from Neely, Bourque, and Middleton.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Shoalzie wrote:NBC left the air way too early...
You're lucky. They're showing Kid Rock's ugly mug on CBC right now.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Donovan wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:NBC left the air way too early...
You're lucky. They're showing Kid Rock's ugly mug on CBC right now.

That bandwagon-jumping bastard. I know Karmanos is from Detroit but you can't celebrate with them when he hangs out some of the guys on the Wings.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Carolina won because they played 40 minutes more hockey than we did.

Plain and simple they deserved it more in the game that mattered the most.

Props to you and your team AQ.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Man, what a difference from how the Canes looked in game 6.

Wish I was still in Raleigh to experience it.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Shoalzie wrote:NBC left the air way too early...didn't get to see all of the guys skate the cup. Would it have killed them to keep the celebration on the air until 11:30? God forbid they have to move back Leno and Conan 30 minutes.
They do that every freaking year.

Hockey has traditionally been a second class citizen here in the states, now it's more like a third class citizen.
Defense wins championships.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

Well it was close and a good game but Edmonton did not quite have enough. The Canes came out a blazing and never stopped.

I wonder how it would of turned out if the Oilers never blew the 3-0 lead in game 1 and would of won it instead.

I do not think they could of done any better with Rolonson, as Jussi Markkanen played top notch.

Edmonton was #8 seed in west and Carolina#2 in East so Edmonton has nothing to be ashamed of, they did real good and played their hearts out. They still had an amazing season.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

props to carolina fan. solid team, to say the least. rack mark recchi and rod brind'amour, two of my favorite flyers growing up and brind'amour played college at msu, at least for a year. props to them.

cam ward is sick.
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

Congrats AQ at least you did not have to wait until your 40 but I was 2 when the Leafs last won :? Does that count?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

shout out to Acid Queen and all 'Canes fans.

Congrats from a Caps fan. Looking forward to next year.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Congrats AQ..

Too bad that Ron Francis couldn't have stuck around for one last season to hoist that cup...

And is the construction in downtown Raleigh really that bad that the Canes have to hold their victory parade/celebration in the freak'n parking lot of the arena? :lol:
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

JaysFan wrote:Congrats AQ..

Too bad that Ron Francis couldn't have stuck around for one last season to hoist that cup...

And is the construction in downtown Raleigh really that bad that the Canes have to hold their victory parade/celebration in the freak'n parking lot of the arena? :lol:
We've done that 3 times.

Signed,
New Jersey Devils
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

JaysFan wrote:And is the construction in downtown Raleigh really that bad that the Canes have to hold their victory parade/celebration in the freak'n parking lot of the arena? :lol:
Yep, it certainly is. Downtown is all kinds of torn up right now, it's nearly impossible to navigate with all the detours as it is. The only open streets are 1) two-lane and 2) one-way (with the exception of McDowell Street, which opens to four lanes just after you get past the State Capitol). I wanted to go to today's celebration at the State Capitol, but I had to work.

But last night was good. I got heatsick, but it was good.

I'm still in awe of it all. It finally hit me Tuesday morning at work. I turned to my boss and said "Did they really win last night?" When she said "Yeah, they won the Stanley Cup", I cried and laughed because this is a team that everyone said would be fighting it out for the basement with the Crapitals.

Just wish they'd won it in 5, so they'd have 'bode on the rest of the Division again. ;)
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

AcidQueen wrote:
I got heatsick, I cried
Pussy
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

The Rat Pack wrote:
AcidQueen wrote:
I got heatsick, I cried
Pussy
Yes, I do have one.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Congratulations, Raleigh. Congratulations Hurricanes. Congrats AQ.

I take back every bad thing I ever said about Carolina. Welcome to the big league.

Rod Brind'amour's face when he finally got to raise the Cup.....awesome....epic.

A series for the ages. Congrats Champs.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Through a flukey working schedule, I was in the Raleigh area on business the night Carolina skated the Cup. Thought about going to the game to try and find a single seat but was wiped out from flying/working/driving and didn't want to miss anything. I've said it before but it's very cool to see a non-traditional hockey market to warm to the game. I lived it in Dallas and saw it firsthand in, of all places.....North Carolina. Everyone I came in contact with there was stoked for the 'Canes. I grew up in down the road in Durham and became a hockey fan after the Olympics in '80 but never in a million years did I think hockey would come to the Triangle area, much less pro, much less a freakin' Stanley Cup. If you'd have told me 20 years ago that the first pro sports championship won in the state would be hockey......I'd have said something about monkeys and my butt. Monkeys flew Monday night.

I watched all the news reports and got the local newspapers and both were effusive in their praise of the Oilers. They said the many Oiler fans that made the roadie were awesome and very classy. Much better than their counterparts from Buffalo. But Edmonton was awesome. I don't like them but had they won, I would've been very happy for them....if that makes any sense. Yeah, the Marchant goal from '97 still haunts me.

So congrats Canes and AQ. Enjoy the Stanley Cup this summer. It'll probably make appearances in and out of Raleigh. I got my picture taken with it a few weeks after the Stars won in in '99 (didn't touch it, though). Unless you live in Detroit, Stanley Cup runs are rare, so savor every minute of it. At this point, I'd be satisfied if my team could get out of the 1st round.