[edit] Michigan on cusp of losing Nine straight.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

[edit] Michigan on cusp of losing Nine straight.

Post by Buried_Nick »

And if they don't get it done at Pur., and the homer vs. Minny, they very likely will lose a full NINE straight. Possibly lose out the season?! :shock:

Too many Wisc. Ill. and Mi. St. and Ohio St.'s coming during this stretch.

I see Michigan flirting with the .500 mark, or [edit] - SUB .500 by the end of the reg. season. And they need at LEAST 6 - 7 more wins to get invited, imho.
I just don't see it. [edit] I KNOW I don't see it. Not with the way OSU and Wisc. are playing. Even Minny.!
Last edited by Buried_Nick on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

You do know that they play IU next, right???
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Yeah, I do. You were sayin?!
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

I was so busy looking at how crappy of a coach Mike Davis is, I forgot that he's John Wooden, Adoph Rupp, and Henry Iba compared to Tommy Amaker.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Shine wrote:I was so busy looking at how crappy of a coach Mike Davis is, I forgot that he's John Wooden, Adoph Rupp, and Henry Iba compared to Tommy Amaker.
Sweeeeeet! ^ ^ ^ :mrgreen:

One more for the tri-fecta, UM fans!

Where are they, anyway?

Blind?

Shoalz?

I think my nine in a row prediction on michiganrivals.com just may come true! Wow! :lol:

Thursday night!!!!! ESPN!!!
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I have nothing to say except that these have been a discouraging set of games. I have no doubt they'lllose to State at the Breslin.

Tommy better turn this shit around.
Those who stay will be champions.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:Shoalz?

Michigan hoops is irrelevant to me...I just like watching the Spartans fail. I care more about football and hockey.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Oh, and we all know how HUGE college hockey is nationwide. But, if your a scUM fan, I guess you need something to sink your teeth into every winter.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:Oh, and we all know how HUGE college hockey is nationwide. But, if your a scUM fan, I guess you need something to sink your teeth into every winter.

Michigan has won as many national titles in hoops as State has in the last 25 years so get over yourself. Considering hoops is the only major sport SpartanFan can take pride in, they've had as much success as the lonely Wolverines in the last quarter-century. Any good WolverineFan knows that they aren't on par with Izzo's program up the road but seeing the Spartans fail to meet its loftly goals is probably the equivalent to SpartanFan enjoying the sight of Michigan not winning a national title in football.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:Oh, and we all know how HUGE college hockey is nationwide. But, if your a scUM fan, I guess you need something to sink your teeth into every winter.

This is coming from a bitch who tried to call me out on bitch hoops.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Killian wrote:

Yeah, and YOU changed that sucky assed Obi-Wan Kanobi av of yours;

Ass.

Oh, and shoalz. This is a HOOPS forum. Bringin FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY into it shows your ass.

And watching us "fail to meet our goals", is nothing compared to Carr not reaching his goals. He hasn't even began to challenge for a BCS yet! Since the Series began! Too many 3 and 4 loss seasons sprinkled in there the last 6 seasons. (Mediocrity by CF standards)
And who won that GLI just a few weeks ago?!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:And watching us "fail to meet our goals", is nothing compared to Carr not reaching his goals. He hasn't even began to challenge for a BCS yet! Since the Series began! Too many 3 and 4 loss seasons sprinkled in there the last 6 seasons. (Mediocrity by CF standards)
I'd rather have that than suffering through sub-.500 seasons and changing coaches every other year. Michigan may not have THE best program but they're consistently in the top 10-15 in every year. State hasn't been legitimate since Saban left for Baton Rogue. If the Wolverines can ever figure out how to win their first road game of each season, maybe they can make a run at another undefeated season.
MSUFAN wrote:And who won that GLI just a few weeks ago?!
Apparently you didn't notice that 5 Wolverines were over in North Dakota defending the WJC for Team USA...and you had to beat them in OT to do it.

I'm going to see Michigan-Michigan State at the Joe next weekend. We'll see if State's better than Big Blue when they have to face their full roster.

I bet your at home right now yucking it up that you're beating up a Michigan team you're supposed to beat so save your smack and worry about a real team like Illinois next week. Beat the #1 Illini and then you'll have something to crow about.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:
Killian wrote:

Yeah, and YOU changed that sucky assed Obi-Wan Kanobi av of yours;

Ass.

Oh, and shoalz. This is a HOOPS forum. Bringin FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY into it shows your ass.

And watching us "fail to meet our goals", is nothing compared to Carr not reaching his goals. He hasn't even began to challenge for a BCS yet! Since the Series began! Too many 3 and 4 loss seasons sprinkled in there the last 6 seasons. (Mediocrity by CF standards)
And who won that GLI just a few weeks ago?!
I thought he was Darth Vader? Either way, give him his respect when he ass rapes MSU this year.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Naw. Can't. Skull forbids ANY revelry by anyone but he and his OU sluts. It oversteps the bounds of HIS forum. Didn't you know that? I think beating ILl. in front of the biggest National TV audience yet this year, will stand on it's own. Hey, maybe I'll just pop in and post one of them, "A-Hem!" threads.
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

you are such a sad angry person.

Nice win last night. If horton isn't in jail I like our chances at Crisler.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

I don't. State always seems to play to it's competition. It's winning the tough ones, that this group of seniors hasn't really done since the Maryland game two years ago. (Did I just type that?!)

This year, they seem to "ramp" up, whenever they need.

(The dook game we had a very solid chance. The wisc. game we LED by 8 on the road with only 1:50 to go!)

If somehow, this group EVER learns how to FINISH, they might go a ways. Illinois would be an excellent start this Tues. night!!!
Buried_Nick

Re: [edit] Michigan on cusp of losing Nine straight.

Post by Buried_Nick »

MSUFAN wrote:And if they don't get it done at Pur., and the homer vs. Minny, they very likely will lose a full NINE straight. Possibly lose out the season?! :shock:

Too many Wisc. Ill. and Mi. St. and Ohio St.'s coming during this stretch.

I see Michigan flirting with the .500 mark, or [edit] - SUB .500 by the end of the reg. season. And they need at LEAST 6 - 7 more wins to get invited, imho.
I just don't see it. [edit] I KNOW I don't see it. Not with the way OSU and Wisc. are playing. Even Minny.!
Shameless self bump. :mrgreen:
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

Has Michigan made an NCAA tournament since the last of the fab Five left? Have they put anyone into the NBA since Tractor Traylor? Not a good last decade for UM.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

I wanna say yes.
They went once, about 8 years ago. I think.
They had Trailor and Louis Bullock, I believe.
I think it was right before Ellerbe showed up as coach.
I DO know Tractor won the NIT one year, too.

Oh, and Jamal Crawford, of the Bulls. He was at UM for a year, I think. Trailor has been riding the splinters his whole career. Hasn't done much better than my man Cleaves. :oops:
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:Has Michigan made an NCAA tournament since the last of the fab Five left? Have they put anyone into the NBA since Tractor Traylor? Not a good last decade for UM.
Technically no because every tournament year has been whiped off the books.

Lets focus on NEXT year.

Is it August yet?
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

MSUFAN wrote:I think beating ILl. in front of the biggest National TV audience yet this year, will stand on it's own. Hey, maybe I'll just pop in and post one of them, "A-Hem!" threads.
Or not.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:Has Michigan made an NCAA tournament since the last of the fab Five left? Have they put anyone into the NBA since Tractor Traylor? Not a good last decade for UM.

Maurice Taylor is still with Houston...he's the only other Wolverine of note in the league. You're right though...the program has gone downhill pretty much since Fisher left. Ellerbe started the ball rolling downhill and it's only picked up speed with Amaker.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Shine wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:I think beating ILl. in front of the biggest National TV audience yet this year, will stand on it's own. Hey, maybe I'll just pop in and post one of them, "A-Hem!" threads.
Or not.
shut up, little man.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MSUFAN wrote:
Shine wrote:
Or not.
shut up, little man.

as i recall that was the biggest game EVER at Crisler, was it not?

how did it turn out?
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Michigan plays at Chrisler. MSU plays at.....some other place I can't think of right now, but the students aren't filling their seats there.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

The Jack Breslin Student Events Center.
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

helmet wrote:Michigan plays at Chrisler. MSU plays at.....some other place I can't think of right now, but the students aren't filling their seats there.
Well, that was before they implemented double secret probation.