Pittsburgh

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Pittsburgh

Post by Adelpiero »

ok, have some relatives going to PNC park for series against Pirates(cards vs pirates). anyone have any good places to eat, drink, and party before and after games??? they are going to wheeling downs to bet dogs and play slots, is this place a dive???

also, they mentioned they were going to a bar/pub in an old church, they make the local brew there or some shit???

ps also, where not to go is always good info to have
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Gone are the dirty, smoky days of Pittsburgh. Too bad those same people that lived through those days are still the greater % of Pittsburgh residents. Just one of the reasons I can't wait to move out of this place, the same place I've virtually spent my whole life. But, with that said, I'm especially hard on this city... so take my comments w/a grain of salt.

Okay... Wheeling Downs: Never been there, but I do know it is not a dive, but a pretty nice place. 'sbout 1 - 1.5 hrs away in, well... Wheeling, WV.

Are your relatives looking for good places to eat right next to PNC Park? Somewhere downtown? Suburbs? Where are they staying (not specifically, but what part of the city), then I can recommend a place or two.

PSUfan of course, would be able to supply a few places to eat too.

Don't know about the church w/a brewpub in it. Not discounting the story.... just not aware of it.

PNC Park is very nice though. Great for taking in a game. Actually, one of my favorite things in the whole wide world to do is sit in the peanut section with a newspaper and take in the game and read up on current events.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Oh, and dont' worry about places NOT to go. Not too many of those places in the 'burgh. Would be pretty tough to happen upon these bad parts... unless you were specifically looking for the seedy parts, you're all good.
Jesus H. Christ
Jake

Post by Jesus H. Christ »

Any inside tips on where I might get some easy pussy?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

a bar/pub in an old church
http://www.churchbrew.com

not too far from my house. Good food and brew.

Wheeling Downs isn't a dump, nothing spectacular, though.

PNC is nice, I agree with Ken. I was there on Memorial Day, great seats.

Primanti Bros. sandwiches are definitely a must.

Also, there are a few good restarants not far from the ballpark. Have them check out Sonoma Grille in the Cultural District on Penn Avenue, for really kickass Cali-style food.
Any inside tips on where I might get some easy pussy?
http://girlsofcluberotica.com

easy, but not cheap.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Is Wheeling Downs that area right next to the Ohio River before I-70 goes through the tunnel? It looked pretty nice even from the bridge and I wished I took that off-ramp even though finding the civil war battleground was a nice accidental stop while looking for a place to rest and Breakfast.
Wish I had more time to explore Wheeling, it seemed there was some good historical areas to enjoy.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

That'd be the one, Jack.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The only thing I think of when related to "Pittsburgh"

Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

The old brick waterfront buildings caught my eye, I remember one with a Handmade Cigars sign.......

Rack the Road Warriors........ :lol:
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Visit the Monroeville Mall if you are a fan of the original Dawn of the Dead.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
T1B Nic
Elwood

Post by T1B Nic »

http://incline.pghfree.net/

Last time we were there, there was a decent little shot & beer bar across the street at the top.
"I'll be right back..." ~ Godot.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

psu,ken

they heard there was a major homeless roaming the streets and begging problem???

is it ok to walk the streets after the game, or before to bar hop???

bars close at 12pm on weekdays? 130 on weekends???
Ken

Post by Ken »

Adelpiero wrote:psu,ken

they heard there was a major homeless roaming the streets and begging problem???

is it ok to walk the streets after the game, or before to bar hop???

bars close at 12pm on weekdays? 130 on weekends???
Absolutely no problem wandering the streets of the North Shore (where PNC Park is) before and after gametime. Pittsburgh ain't Detroit. Sure there are some panhandlers, but what major city doesn't have 'em. The 'burgh has no more or less than the average. They're harmless... that is unless yer name is 88.

Someone else mentioned The Incline. That is actually pretty cool.

Great view of the city from the top. At the bottom is Station Square which has a nice little mall, some good bars, and a few restaurants. On weekends, there's usually a band or two playing also (Pepsi Amphitheatre, PSU?). You can get to Station Square from PNC Park via one of the clippers. Nice l'il boatride across the river in front of The Point.

You see... I can say a few nice things about the 'burgh if prodded. I'm not ENTIRELY down on the 'burgh... but darned close.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You might get panhandled occasionally, but less often than in any other (reputedly major) city.