I made a substantial bet

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

I made a substantial bet

Post by The Rat Pack »

With my workout buddy.

I bet him that Ottawa wouldn't make it past the second round.

He's a fool who still believes that they are destined for the cup.

Don't get me wrong...I think Ottawa is a great team. The way they have overcome injuries this season has been astounding. But I have no reason to believe they're going to finish up #1 in the east. I actually expect them to be around #3 when it's all said and done. I believe they'll tank the rest of the season based on their injuries.

Going into the playoffs...they'll all be tender (I'm talking about the D-corps) I have no reason not to believe that Chara broke his hand in that fight with Cairns.

Mildly put, no one ever became rich by betting on Senators playoff hockey.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

I think that's a fairly safe bet for just about any team, seeing as how only 4 make it that far anyway.

But with the Sens, I think it's money in the bank that they'll make it TO the 2nd round, but after that, things get hazy. Depends strongly on the matchup. There are a lot of teams in the East I wouldn't give a chance to beat the Sens regardless of injuries.

Philly, NYR, NJD, and Buf are teams I could see beating Ottawa. All are good possibilities for 2nd round partners.
Still a FlameFan
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JD wrote:
But with the Sens, I think it's money in the bank that they'll make it TO the 2nd round,
Not if they play Montreal in the first round.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Hapday wrote:
JD wrote:
But with the Sens, I think it's money in the bank that they'll make it TO the 2nd round,
Not if they play Montreal in the first round.
One can hope.
Still a FlameFan
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Ho ho ho

Hasek has a press coference and announces he'll be out for the rest of the season & playoffs.

Ho ho ho
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

The Rat Pack wrote:Ho ho ho

Hasek has a press coference and announces he'll be out for the rest of the season & playoffs.

Ho ho ho
Well it is spring time afterall..

Redden's left the team to be with his gravely ill mother..
Chara is hurt..
Phillips is out..

Leaf fan does have a reason to celebrate this season afterall.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think the Sens can still contend with Emery in net but losing their top 3 defensemen is another story. When you consider the goalies in the East that'll be in their first playoff as a starter...Lundqvist, Gerber, Grahame, Miller and Huet...Ottawa isn't in any worse shape with Emery in goal and he's done well since he's had to step in for Hasek. However, losing Chara or Redden for an extended period of time will hurt them big time. I like them to get out of the East...that's only if Chara and Redden are healthy. I think they can win the cup with Emery in goal and a healthy lineup.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Redden is healthy. It's his mother who is not.
Still a FlameFan
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

They're proving me right. They're tanking the rest of the season.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Right on schedule.

They'll never recover from this gruesome loss.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Sabres have been nothing short of impressive so far. Hopefully Connolly will be okay after that huge hit early in the game. He's had a brilliant playoff so far.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Collect your cash, Ratso...nice play on your part.
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

Is it just me or do the Sens look alot like the 80s Caps lots of 100 point seasons but nothing to show for it.1997 they did make the finals but were more of an underdog then.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

They remind me of the Leafs in the late '90s. Lots of 100 point seasons but nothing to show for it. They did make a couple of conference finals...but who are we kidding? They never had a shot.

Oh by the way, Leaffan.. Happy 40th!
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

The Rat Pack wrote:
Stanley Cup smack.....from a Crapitola fans?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way, Crapitolfan.. Happy Neverith!

I love it when fans of teams like the Crapitols and Senators run cup smack against Leaf fans. Until your team has won a cup, or you switch bandwagons again and cheer for a team who has won a cup, you are simply KYOA.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Hap, the Leafs haven't won a Cup in longer than the Crapitals have been in existence.

I really think that, at this point, it's a wash.

As for the Sens, officially they're the resurrection of the franchise that was the first NHL casualty of the Great Depression--therefore, according to the official record, the team has 11 Cups....

.....and a longer drought than the Leafs have. :oops:
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
ESRB NOTICE: Online Experience May Change During Game Play
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

AcidQueen wrote:Hap, the Leafs haven't won a Cup in longer than the Crapitals have been in existence.
Sorry, that means squat. If your team has never won a Stanley Cup you can run that smack. Well you can, but like Rat Pack you then look like an even bigger moron than everyone already thinks you are.
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Hapday wrote:
AcidQueen wrote:Hap, the Leafs haven't won a Cup in longer than the Crapitals have been in existence.
Sorry, that means squat. If your team has never won a Stanley Cup you can run that smack. Well you can, but like Rat Pack you then look like an even bigger moron than everyone already thinks you are.
Hap, don't make me come over there to beat some sense into you.

You running smack on the Capitals for not winning a Cup in the whole of their existence is a little foolish considering that the Leafs haven't won a Cup since before either of us (or, for that matter, the Capitals) were born. Like I said, it's a wash--either way, the smack is pointless and just makes you both look foolish.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Sorry AQ, but you are defending the wrong side of the argument.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Hapless, I can run all the cup 'smack' I want. It's a hilarious thing that the Leafs have going. I have no doubt we'll all be dead before they even get another sniff.

You can pile on the Caps all you want. It doesn't bother me....but I'm not a thin skinned jellyfish like some people.

There is no 'argument'. Everyone on this board, regardless of who they cheer for, thinks it's just great that the leafs are a lesson in mediocrity. It's only you that's upset. I understand why, they've been a beacon of failure for your entire life!
AcidQueen
Pit-Fighter

Post by AcidQueen »

Hapday wrote:Sorry AQ, but you are defending the wrong side of the argument.
No I'm not. I'm speaking tr00f, and you just can't handle it.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

The Rat Pack wrote:
You can pile on the Caps all you want. It doesn't bother me...
I forgot for a minute that you were a Penguins fan. My bad.
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

The Rat Pack wrote:They remind me of the Leafs in the late '90s. Lots of 100 point seasons but nothing to show for it. They did make a couple of conference finals...but who are we kidding? They never had a shot.

It always comes back to the Leafs huh Rat?I was simply comparing 2 Teams who never fullfilled the promise they both had.Hell who knows the Sens might go 1997 Wings and win it next year after years of falling short.But that is why they play the games(Ask Rasheed Wallace)there are no sure things in sports that is why we all watch.Does anyone in here post more about the Leafs then you Rat it's like you are the board Leafophobe with a Mats Sundin jersey hanging in your closet just waiting to come out.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

So let me keep it straight what the resident leaffans think:

I'm a Poseur Capsfan who cheers for the Pens...but I really want to cheer for the Leafs. Is that about right?

Gee I wish I'd pick a team in the playoffs.

If one was to do a search of yours and Hapless, I think you'd find you two talk about the Cappies far more than I talk about TO. How does this thread, about Ottawa, fit into your theory? I guess I secretly cheer for Ottawa. :lol:

I thought I was a Rangers fan?!