bloc party - silent alarm

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Screw_Michigan

bloc party - silent alarm

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i am becoming very attached to this album since spun it for the first time over a week ago on my way to ann arbor for the wmu/scu-m hockey game. there is nothing like listening to a new album while on a long drive. just you, the music, the road, and all the other asshole drivers.

i'm really impressed with the drummer and how the album is so up tempo, it's a nice change of pace from what i have been listening to lately (pavement, decemberists, etc). it's a classic british sound, my friend is obsessed with british rock, which is good but can be too much for me (see: the smiths. good, but i can't hang), but i am really enjoying bloc party.

the final song is in epic indie tradition: a stark contrast from the rest of the album that is mellow and epic.
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

Yes... I first listened to them about 6 months ago, then the disc got lost in the shuffle. I "rediscovered" the disc tucked in behind another CD in my case, and now have been listening to them quite a bit.

If you fancy Brit rock, but only a bit you should try a band called "The Arctic Monkey's". I am not sure if their disc is out in NA yet, but i know that they are well-talked about here in Europe. I like it because it has rather raw production... much like the Libertines first album.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Billdong wrote:but i know that they are well-talked about here in Europe.

Where in Europe are you (assuming you are based on your post)?
Billdong
Elwood

Post by Billdong »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Billdong wrote:but i know that they are well-talked about here in Europe.

Where in Europe are you (assuming you are based on your post)?
Temporarily in Stockholm doing a work term. Swedish music sucks... lots of idol crap.

Overall, i have been very dissapointed by music in Europe... most of it is garbage. Lots of crappy manufactured pop music. It is however funny seeing white Swedish kids trying to Rap... Swedish is not a language to rap to.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I tried really, really hard to get into the Artic Monkeys this past week but gave up due to the numerous headaches they gave the PrimeX.
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

Speaking of British bands, is the singer of British Sea Power the same guy from Kitchens of Distinction? They sound exactly the same. And I LOVED KoD.

I feel like I asked this before. :?
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i just got the artic monkeys album the other day, i'll have to listen to it again.

one of the best songs i have heard in a long time is BP's "this modern love." epic shit.