Not blaming the refs.

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Not blaming the refs.

Post by OUMO »

Just reiterating the point that Skull and other Sooners made after the loss to Iowa St when the free throws were ISU 39 OU 10.

OU gets no such advantage at home.

In Norman the last 2 games, free throws Texas A&M 22 OU 30, Texas Tech 34 OU 17.

This is why Billy Tubbs did what he did against Missouri about 15 years ago when the refs told him to keep the fans from throwing things on the floor and he responded with the whole "No matter how bad the reffing is please do not throw things on the court" statement that drew a technical.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

To be fair, if the refs were worth a shit OU would not have been behind so much that they had to fould more. As soon as I see free throw stats on games from another top 25 team at home against 2 unranked teams that is worse, then I will stop bitching.

I am not normally like this, OU is overrated and can easily win just 2 more games.

Frozen, I will go so far as this, if OU gets more free throw attempts than any team on the road from here on out you can pick my sig and I will wear it until the final game is over.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

First off, I didn't see the game, so I no nothing about the officiating.

That said, you really only notice foul shot disparity when you lose. "You" in this case being any fan. Case in point is the Kansas/Texas game from last week, a game dominated by Kansas on the court and the scoreboard. As I watched the game I remember laughingly telling my brother that KU seemed to be on the short end of a number of calls. In a blowout win in Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas was outshot at the free throw line by over 10 foul shots.......I'm not saying you all didn't get screwed, but you noticed because you lost, that's all.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

I was in OKC tonight and listened to it on the radio on my way back to Tulsa. Bob Barry Senile didn't offer much as to why the hell they were getting their asses kicked (I know big surprise there ... he only got the score wrong about 5 times). The color commentator was reiterating Bookout's lack of production and OU's "lack of defensive intensity." I'll be watching on Monday night.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

What a load of shit MO, and you know it. The only thing your post was missing was the but in the title. Clearly you ARE blaming the refs, as further evidenced by this gem you drop in your second post:
if the refs were worth a shit OU would not have been behind so much that they had to fould more.
Don't hide from your true meaning MO. If pissing and moaning about the refs is inevitiable, just lay back and enjoy it.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

To tell the truth Shine, I did not get to see the first 10 minutes of the game because the local station decided that the end of the Baylor at Okie St game blowout and post game was more important than live action in Norman, by that time OU was already down double digits.

The OU basketball fan base sucks ass, Kelvin Sampson deserves better, ohhh probably somewhere like Indiana, that is the truth.

I almost got kicked out of an OU football game just for standing up and cheering, I quit going to the basketball games because I just don't quite fit in with the sit on your hands crowd.

I really think that crowd involvement can sway the calls, the OU crowd sucks for all but about 3 to 4 home games a year, that is why we don't get calls, that and Ed Hightower.

Bobby Knight does not coach Indiana anymore quit sucking his cock, he won't ever do better than 3rd place in the Big 12 south great coach or not.

In a 3 week span OU will have gone from almost top 10 to on the bubble.

Vile enough? :twisted:

edit. Man don't break the shit I am sending you from the pick 'em, by the rules it had to be OU stuff :wink:
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

I'm just striving for some unification on this board MO. Any and all ref bitching should be reserved for Dook games.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Didn't see the game either and don't know OU's style of play. Are they a Kentucky/Florida 3 pt shooting type?

Shot chart says maybe

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Field Goal Selection
Layups: 12-16
Jumpers: 15-32
Dunks: 1-1

Scoring Breakdown
FGs: 28-49
3FG: 3-6
FT: 29-34

Oklahoma Sooners

Field Goal Selection
Layups: 14-17
Jumpers: 16-46
Dunks: 1-1

Scoring Breakdown
FGs: 31-65
3FG: 8-19
FT: 11-17
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Fouls- OU 16 TT 7

7 of the 16 fouls against OU came at the end of the game... I don't see any sculdugery here

3:53 TV Timeout
3:53 TXTECH Devonne Giles made 1st of 2 Free Throws
3:53 TXTECH Martin Zeno made Free Throw
3:40 TXTECH Personal foul on Devonne Giles
3:40 OK Taj Gray made 1st of 2 Free Throws
3:40 OK Taj Gray missed 2nd of 2 Free Throws
3:40 TXTECH Defensive Rebound by Jarrius Jackson
3:40 OK Loose ball foul on Jaison Williams
3:40 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made 1st of 2 Free Throws
3:40 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
3:27 OK Taj Gray missed Jump Shot
3:23 OK Offensive Rebound by Terrell Everett
3:22 OK Terrell Everett made Layup
3:02 TXTECH Out of bounds turnover on Darryl Dora
3:00 OK Taj Gray made Layup
2:51 TXTECH Joey Hawkins made Layup, Assist Ronald Ross
2:32 OK Jumpball turnover on Taj Gray
2:30 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made Floating Jump Shot
2:13 OK Johnnie Gilbert missed Layup
2:09 OK Offensive Rebound by Taj Gray
2:08 OK Taj Gray made Layup
2:05 OK 30-second Timeout
1:40 OK Personal foul on Drew Lavender
1:40 TXTECH Drew Coffman made 1st of 2 Free Throws
1:40 TXTECH Drew Coffman made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
1:33 OK Drew Lavender made Jump Shot
1:33 TXTECH Shooting foul on Ronald Ross
1:33 OK Drew Lavender made Free Throw
1:32 TXTECH Lost ball turnover on Jarrius Jackson, Stolen by Johnnie Gilbert
1:22 OK Taj Gray missed Jump Shot, Blocked by Darryl Dora
1:22 OK Offensive Rebound by Terrell Everett
1:22 OK Lost ball turnover on Terrell Everett, Stolen by Ronald Ross
1:17 OK Personal foul on David Godbold
1:17 TXTECH Ronald Ross made 1st of 2 Free Throws
1:17 TXTECH Ronald Ross made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
1:14 OK Lawrence McKenzie made 3-pt. Jump Shot, Assist Drew Lavender
1:03 OK Personal foul on Jaison Williams
1:03 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made 1st of 2 Free Throws
1:03 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
1:02 OK Jaison Williams missed Jump Shot, Blocked by Joey Hawkins
53.0 OK Lawrence McKenzie made 3-pt. Jump Shot
48.0 OK Shooting foul on Lawrence McKenzie
48.0 TXTECH Darryl Dora missed 1st of 2 Free Throws
48.0 TXTECH Darryl Dora made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
46.0 OK Drew Lavender made Jump Shot
31.0 OK Shooting foul on Johnnie Gilbert
31.0 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made 1st of 2 Free Throws
31.0 TXTECH Jarrius Jackson made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
28.0 OK Drew Lavender missed 3-pt. Jump Shot
24.0 TXTECH Defensive Rebound by Martin Zeno
22.0 OK Personal foul on Lawrence McKenzie
22.0 TXTECH Martin Zeno made 1st of 2 Free Throws
22.0 TXTECH Martin Zeno made 2nd of 2 Free Throws
20.0 OK Lawrence McKenzie made 3-pt. Jump Shot, Assist Drew Lavender
10.0 TXTECH Lost ball turnover on Darryl Dora, Stolen by Drew Lavender
9.0 OK Drew Lavender missed Jump Shot
4.0 TXTECH Defensive Rebound by Jarrius Jackson
0.0 End of period.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

It wasn't just a foul disparity last night. We got screwed on two seperate occasions, one involving a no-call on a charge and another on a BLATANT over and back.

Both of these happened during our big run to cut it from 18 to 9. We could have gotten it as low as 5 or better, but they scored on both of those possessions that shouldn't have even happened...

Cest la vie.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i had the game on the Net and it sounded like the game at Tech in 2001 where RMK simply controlled the pace of the game (right around Tech's scoring avg, 82 or so), got ALOT of good/close looks at the hoop created out of the offense, rebound well on both ends...and Kelvin didn't really have a clue how to stop it. nor open up the interior once Tech was sagging on Bookout.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I noticed alot of traveling during the Iowa State game that went uncalled. Just thought I would toss that out there. Haven't had as much time time to surf the net here recently. Hopefully I'll have freed some time up before March madness to talk some shit in here.