Was This The Worst Winning QB Performance?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Was This The Worst Winning QB Performance?

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

9 for 21, 123 yards, 2 picks, no passing TDs, 1 sack for an 8 yard loss.

Is there a worse performance by a Super Bowl winning QB?

I'm honestly asking.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

I think Roethlisberger has the lowest QB rating by a winning SB QB , somewhere around 22.5 .

Which means he sucked overall . But he made the big plays when it counted .

Rack him . The Steelers have something special on thier hands .
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

drummer wrote:I think Roethlisberger has the lowest QB rating by a winning SB QB , somewhere around 22.5 .

He didn't make the big play- it was Randel El
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BBMarley wrote:
drummer wrote:I think Roethlisberger has the lowest QB rating by a winning SB QB , somewhere around 22.5 .

He made some plays with his feet in the 4th , and that scramble pass to Ward was nails , even though they called the wrong play IMO on 3rd and goal that turned into an INT . They should have stayed on the ground , and at least kicked a FG .
Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

He beat Elway's record for lowest QB Rating for a winner.

UN-RACK the two players who booted Raiders out of the record book! Tony Parker edged out Marcus Allen's 74-yard rush against the 'Skins and damn that Kelly Herndon for his 76-yard interception which broke Willie Brown's record 75-yard return in Super Bowl XI. I've seen that return by Brown a million times on NFL Films presentations. Hate to see it broken but that's the way it goes.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

drummer wrote:
BBMarley wrote:

He made some plays with his feet in the 4th , and that scramble pass to Ward was nails , even though they called the wrong play IMO on 3rd and goal that turned into an INT . They should have stayed on the ground , and at least kicked a FG .
Bullshit. It was a good call. Dude was wide open. Big Ben just made the worst throw since Neil O'Donnell's brilliant SB appearance. If Ben lobs that throw, it's 6 points.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

smackaholic wrote:
drummer wrote:
BBMarley wrote: He didn't make the big play- it was Randel El
Bullshit. It was a good call. Dude was wide open. Big Ben just made the worst throw since Neil O'Donnell's brilliant SB appearance. If Ben lobs that throw, it's 6 points.
From what I saw , the defender was a lot bigger than the intended reciever , so the matchup didn't favor the offense , and those kind of patterns are ripe for a defensive return for a TD ( see Brady vs. Denver in the playoffs ) . Now , figure in your second year QB who was shaky and not moving the offense well , and you call that play ?

Well , it didn't work , did it ?
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Roethlisberger looked god awful throwing the ball. Even Trent Dilfer outplayed him, and badly too. I've seen losing QBs (Jake Delhomme comes to mind) completely annihilate Big Ben in losing efforts. So yes, this is the worst QB performance by a winning QB ever. His runs saved his ass, as did Hines Ward on Ben's Plummeresque hail mary.

Jake is out. Jay is in. Finally.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Ben did just enough to win the game. Would I have liked to seen him play even better? Hell yea. But the end result worked out just fine.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:Ben did just enough to win the game. Would I have liked to seen him play even better? Hell yea. But the end result worked out just fine.

Jesus B- can't you admit he sucked donkey dick in this game? The TEAM did enough to win.. other than completion to Ward- he was attorcious throwing the ball. He was going against the 25th ranked secondary in the league without their starting saftey for more than half the game and he mustered a whole 22 for a passer rating. And lets be honest- Wistrom doesn't slip chasing him, Ben doesn't have forever to set up for that throw- and he finishes with a below 15 passer rating.

I was a little off in the other thread calling him an all the time big game choker- not enough evidence of that yet. But he did choke in this one- big time. Seattle's fuck ups, as well as other things, saved Pitt.

Rack your boys for getting it done- but come on man....
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

My point about Roth is this :

He gets thrown in as a starter as a rookie his first year , doesn't lose a game until the AFC Championship , promises Bettis to get him to the Big Dance if Bettis stays , and helps get them to the Big Dance through the playoffs on the road 3 straight . Now he has a ring , even though he had a shaky game .

Roth is just getting started IMO .
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

drummer wrote:My point about Roth is this :

He gets thrown in as a starter as a rookie his first year , doesn't lose a game until the AFC Championship , .
He was also lucky enough to start on a team with a solid running game and one hell of a defense. Put him as starting for the Niners last year- and no one is really talking about Big Ben that much....

Kid has talent- don't get me wrong. But he had a huge advantage over most QB asked to start their rookie year
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

BBMarley wrote:
drummer wrote:My point about Roth is this :

He gets thrown in as a starter as a rookie his first year , doesn't lose a game until the AFC Championship , .
He was also lucky enough to start on a team with a solid running game and one hell of a defense. Put him as starting for the Niners last year- and no one is really talking about Big Ben that much....
True , but like the saying goes , " as long as doesn't lose games for the team[/i] " ....

Hell , Brady had a great team around him too when he won his first one , and he had a whole year behind Bledsoe before he became the starter .

All I can say is , Roth has a whole lot of football left in front of him .

You can put a lot of Vet QB's behind the Niners now , and they would play better than Smith , but they won't go to the playoffs either . It wasn't like the old days , where backups like Bono and Grbac looked great running the offense .
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:Jesus B- can't you admit he sucked donkey dick in this game?
He won the Super Bowl. I'll leave it to Peyton Manning to tell the world if he sucked.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
UCant Unretires Again

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

BSmack wrote:He won the Super Bowl.
Did you see Letterman last night where dude flat out admitted he didn't break the plane on the controversial TD?

RACK the Steelers for beating Indy in a game that looked like it was fixed. UNRACK their horrible performance Sunday where they won despite having a shit QB, a shit game plan, and a shit defense. The fix was in. It was the Soviets beating the U.S. in the 72 Olympics all over again. It was Barry Bonds' HR record. It was Palomalu's INT being overturned. It was Samuel's interference call. It was worse than your best post ever. It was shit. It was despicable.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

UCant Unretires Again wrote:Did you see Letterman last night where dude flat out admitted he didn't break the plane on the controversial TD?
I don't watch Letterman. I leave that to homos like you.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Flawed Logic wrote:UN-RACK the two players who booted Raiders out of the record book! Tony Parker edged out Marcus Allen's 74-yard rush against the 'Skins and damn that Kelly Herndon for his 76-yard interception which broke Willie Brown's record 75-yard return in Super Bowl XI.

Best 2 way player since Bo.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BSmack wrote:
He won the Super Bowl.
He did our his team did?

He turned the ball over twice, one that led to eventually led to a TD by seattle. His stat line included a TD that may or may not have even happened.

The 2 big plays in the game came on on run by Parker who ran through a whole the size of Cinder's gash and a pass play by Randal El.

The play that enabled the Roeth to even attempt the run for the td was on a cross field pass play that was extremely dangerous in which Ward made a better catch (positioning) than Roeth did a throw.

Had the Pitt defense not put the clamps down on the Seattle offense whenever they crossed the 50, there was a good chance the Seahawks would have won this game.

No one is taking anything away from the Steelers team when they say Roeth had a terrible game. He didn't do enough for the Steelers to win, he just didn't enough to make it harder for the Steelers to win.
Last edited by jiminphilly on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Cicero wrote:
Flawed Logic wrote:UN-RACK the two players who booted Raiders out of the record book! Tony Parker edged out Marcus Allen's 74-yard rush against the 'Skins and damn that Kelly Herndon for his 76-yard interception which broke Willie Brown's record 75-yard return in Super Bowl XI.

Best 2 way player since Bo.
I must be getting punchy as this did make me laugh.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
UCant Unretires Again

BSmack wrote:I don't watch Letterman. I leave that to homos like you.
I see... so... neither of us witnessed it... so it didn't happen?

Btw -- I agree about Letterman being a faggoty show. I mean, faggots getting a shave from another man? Very, very gay....
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

UCant Unretires Again wrote:

Btw -- I agree about Letterman being a faggoty show. I mean, faggots getting a shave from another man? Very, very gay....
I can't stand Letterman.. so I didn't see it. What exactly did he say?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:

I can't stand Letterman.. so I didn't see it. What exactly did he say?
Nobody saw it.

sin

Google

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
UCant Unretires Again

BBMarley wrote:I can't stand Letterman.. so I didn't see it. What exactly did he say?

You must have a very short commute to work, or you're jobless like BitchSmacked. It's been all over sports talk radio this morning.

He said he didn't get in... he told Cowher he didn't get in, and while it was being reviewed, he was begging Cowher to go for it on 4th down.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BBMarley wrote:I can't stand Letterman.. so I didn't see it. What exactly did he say?
You must have a very short commute to work, or you're jobless like BitchSmacked. It's been all over sports talk radio this morning.

He said he didn't get in... he told Cowher he didn't get in, and while it was being reviewed, he was begging Cowher to go for it on 4th down.
I don't work Tuesday's.... been home with my daughter all morning.

I guess that's why he pointed to the sky Ah-La James Thrash- thanking God for the refs.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A win is a win...I'd take an ugly title over a pretty defeat.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

UCant Unretires Again wrote:You must have a very short commute to work
I listened to Mike and Mike for 30 minutes this morning (my entire commute) and they didn't say a word about it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown