Eternal Scobode

Well, well, well..... Look at my Leafs.

Post by Hapday »

They are trying their best to win the Phil Kessel sweapstakes. :x
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
BrantfordBudFan
Crack Whore

Post by BrantfordBudFan »

It's a bad time when Aki Berg gets hurt and I was actually upset.
Last edited by BrantfordBudFan on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

A big loss against Montreal might just get Quinn run out of town.

Peddie has to go... He botched the Raptors and has let the Leafs become a power struggle.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Leafs firing Quinn on the eve of the Olympics, highly unlikely.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Leafs fans calling for trades and firings crack me up. Listen up you crying women.....YOU ARE IN A SLUMP. Big fucking deal. Its not like your team was hot shit before this or a dynasty in the previous seasons. Ups and downs my friends, ups and downs. Deal with the tough times and recall that even on a less eqaul playing field your guys still couldn't get it done.

Don't go bitching about bad seasons and bad players and bad coaching when there are Oil and Flames fans around.

Grow a pair you fucking pansies.
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Cicatrix wrote:Don't go bitching about bad seasons and bad players and bad coaching when there are Oil and Flames fans around.
Rack the rant, but I gotta think Leaf fan's greatest fear is to go back to the perpetuitous sack of shit the Leaf franchise was in the 80's. The quivering Leaf fan you see today is merely a manifestation of that fear.

At least us Albertans have seen our teams experience REAL success in our lifetimes!!
Still a FlameFan
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

JD wrote:......but I gotta think Leaf fan's greatest fear is to go back to the perpetuitous sack of shit the Leaf franchise was in the 80's.
Make up words much?

Gold star for effort, though.

:lol:
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

al? wrote:
JD wrote:......but I gotta think Leaf fan's greatest fear is to go back to the perpetuitous sack of shit the Leaf franchise was in the 80's.
Make up words much?
:lol:
Nice catch... in my morning hangover stupor, "perpetuous" just didn't seem to have the ring I was looking for... :lol:
Still a FlameFan
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Nah dude......that should be a word.

Don King-esque.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

How bad are the Leafs going to be embarassed on national TV again?
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

I said before the season even started that the biggest problem with the Leafs was that they had an idiot for a GM.

It's not Quinn's fault that Junior went out and signed Fergie Khavanov Junior to a contract.
Junior signed Czerkawski
It's not Quinn's fault that Junior went out and resined Aki Berg, Antropov, Belak

Fergie makes Larry Pleau look like Sam Pollock.

Rat's right though, Peddie has to go or be told in no simple terms, keep your fucking nose out of the day to day operations and personell of the hockey and basketball teams.

That said, the Leafs were well above .500 before McCabe went down with the groin injury and Sundin hasn't really recovered and adjusted to wearing the visor from the eye injury.
Write this season off, unload what you can, bring in a capable GM or let Quinn resume the role, promote Mo to coach and start with the youth movement in earnest next year
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

Quinn is a buffoon. I can't believe how badly he botched the overtime last night.

A must win game for both teams...and he starts OT with two rookie d-men. Good lord! Of course, that led to one of the ugliest OT goals of this season.

Things are getting desperate for TO. If they lose the next two games to Florida & Washington...you can 100% see him fired.

Burns was run out of town for an 8 game streak.
Pierre McGuire: "The Washington Capitals are the sleeping giants of the East. Exciting times in Washington are coming."
Joey Moss
2005 SNC Champion

Post by Joey Moss »

I can't blame Quinn. You can't make duck soup out of duck shit. Sums up the leafs.

Leafs picked up some injury prone guys who had talent. Surprisingly they started off hot when they were healthy, but half a season later, those risks they took are biting them in the ass.
GET-ZKY!!!!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Hmmmm, reminds me of a certain team on the West Coast. Aren't going to win too many games when you have shit defensemen like Nathan Dempsey and Mike Weaver logging a ton of ice time.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

The Leafs losing to the Habs- that's more than just one loss on the schedule.
The Toronto-Montreal rivalry is as close to Red Sox-Yankees as you can get in Canada.

FYI- here's the scoreboard page from ESPN.com-

Saturday, Jan. 28
Canadiens 4, Maple Leafs 3 (OT).
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

Joey Moss wrote:I can't blame Quinn. You can't make duck soup out of duck shit. Sums up the leafs.

Leafs picked up some injury prone guys who had talent. Surprisingly they started off hot when they were healthy, but half a season later, those risks they took are biting them in the ass.
The Rat Pack
live at The Sands

Post by The Rat Pack »

The classless leafs did all they could to injure ATG.

McCabe, Belfour & Domi all took their cheapshots.

McCabe was schooled by ATG. He sucker punches ATG, draws a penalty...and then gets flattened by the kid. McCabe looked like Charlie Brown when a pitch blows by him on the pitcher's mound.

Caps are now 2-1 in the season series.

Anyway..The proof is in the pictures:

ATG lays out McGrab

ATG getting gooned
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

RACK the Crapitals! :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)