Foley to leave Chargers for Vikings job

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Foley to leave Chargers for Vikings job

Post by frodo_biguns »

I gotta believe this is almost a coup for the Vikings and a hint things aren't rosie in Charger land.
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

San Diego Chargers director of pro scouting Fran Foley has agreed in principle to become the new director of player personnel for the Minnesota Vikings, and a deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Foley would become the third "point" in what new Vikings owner Zygi Wilf has described as a "triangle of authority" in the franchise's revamped football operation. In the front office model described by Wilf last week, vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski and the club's personnel director will work with new head coach Brad Childress in a committee approach.

The highly respected Brzezinski signed a three-year contract extension during the final weekend of the regular season. Childress, former offensive coordinator for the Eagles, was hired two weeks ago to replace the deposed Mike Tice. Wilf has been clear for some time about the need to hire a top personnel executive.

After the Vikings interviewed at least seven candidates, Foley was offered the job earlier this week. The two sides are working toward finalizing his contract.

Foley, 44, joined the Chargers' scouting staff in 2003 after spending the previous nine seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. A former college coach, Foley was hired in 1994 as assistant director of pro personnel, and then promoted in 1998 to the position of director of pro scouting.

The addition of Foley, when it becomes official, further strengthens a front office that Wilf has worked hard to bolster since purchasing the Vikings last spring. Under former owner Red McCombs, the Vikings had one of the league's smallest support staffs.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

other than P Rox---> R.I.P. ....

who gives a FUCK?

he was scouting for Marty? and you are HAPPY about this hire...You Simple Bastard?

fvck you for trying to TROLL like m2.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Fran Foley
Director of Pro Scouting
12th NFL Season,
3rd with Chargers

Fran Foley is responsible for the scouting and evaluation of NFL, NFL Europe, Canadian Football League and Arena League players. He monitors NFL transactions, handles tryouts and assists General Manager A.J. Smith in the procurement of players during free agency.
Name a significant free agent the Chargers have signed from the NFL, NFL Europe, CFL, or AFL the last 2 years. Hummmmmmm, yea real Coup the Queens pulled off.

My question, did or did not his ass make contact with the door on the way out?
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

thanx DP!

ready for baseball? :mrgreen:
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Bhawoh Jue?, or Hey AJ I think we really need to bring this Feely kid in from Miami.

Ok about Godfrey and Foley, but how much do you think this guy was involved in "finding" these players. Do you think AJ, Marty or the late Butler didn't already know about these guys.

It's an administrative job that can easily be replaced. Not something to bust a nut about, and I doubt will make a difference in team performance or operations.

Q, fuck yea i'm ready, already have my tixs for the WBC finals at Petco.
Last edited by atomicdad on Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Re: Foley to leave Chargers for Vikings job

Post by Cueball »

mvscal wrote:
frodo_biguns wrote:I gotta believe this is almost a coup for the Vikings and a hint things aren't rosie in Charger land.
Of course you do. You're a myopic tool.

Guys leave for promotions with other clubs all the time. It isn't an indicator of turmoil within the club.

Ask Buffalo about that.
Is that why most of the newly hired head coaches every year come from teams that were in the playoffs? Nice work fraudo