Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

you can thank King Carl for us. :twisted:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:I'm not even BULLSHITTING here, Assassin- NO WAY IN HELL do I want Al to end up THERE.

and Im not bullshitting. I HOPE HE ENDS UP IN OAKLAND!! :twisted: :twisted:
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Maybe you guys can trade for a coach......
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Look on the bright side, Paul.

At least we're keeping Gun.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

War Wagon wrote:Look on the bright side, Paul.

At least we're keeping Gun.
I knew there was a reason!

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I don't see Al Saunders as much of an improvement over Norv Turner in the leadership department.

A big mistake if Oaktown hires him IMO.

The new RaiDuh's coach needs to have a huge pair, so he doesn't get tired putting his foot up all those lazy undisciplined primer & soot asses. But just as importantly he needs to put Al in his place. As in off the practice field and back into his office duct taping his Depends.

The new coach needs to have a similar demeanor to Romeo Crenell, like Mike Singletary or Maurice Carthon.

Jim Fassell would be better too, although I'm not sure he has the youth & energy like Gruden to keep his foot up all those asses.

But Al won't hire a HC with a defensive background or a hard ass disciplinarian.

The more things change....the more things stay the same.

End of story.......
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

T REX wrote:Maybe you guys can trade for a coach......
and maybe you guys can trade for a reciever that can catch a football.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

My first choice for the Chiefs new HC was Al. That was purely based on my opinion that I thought he had done enough here, put in his time, and deserved a shot. If he had done a shitty job as some of the OC's or assistants have done here, I would not share that opinion. I simply think he was the right guy, for the situation that Vermiel left.

However........

Alot of things have changed since then. I would have been much less comfortable with Al leaving and going anywhere else, with the old coaching staff in place. Fuck, seeing Al go to Oaktown, would have totally sucked. Not so much now though.

Al, along with all the other coaching wannabee's keep interviewing for jobs, but they keep getting turned down. If Al, is all that, why hasnt one of the teams he has interviewed with, snagged him already? He is doing something wrong, or not saying the right things. Along with that, Herm is cleaning house here, bringing in a new philosophy, and while I would really like to see Al stay here, as it appears Gunny will, I dont not in any way fear him going to Oakland at this point. If anything, it may be a blessing for Chief fan.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The Assassin wrote:
T REX wrote:Maybe you guys can trade for a coach......
and maybe you guys can trade for a reciever that can catch a football.
And maybe you will make the playoffs again.......this century....

Or not.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Oakland Raiders will interview their first candidate to replace fired coach Norv Turner when they meet with Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders on Jan. 12.

My understanding is that Mike Lombardi went to Chicago a few days ago to 'speak' with Bear Defensive Coordinator Ron Rivera.

Al Saunders...?

Dunno, but Joe's take is pretty much on the mark.

Al's history shows that he'll favor an offensive-minded coach who is a non-'disciplinarian.'

Naaah, not like this current team needs any discipline or defensive help or anything, no.... :?

Whatever.

Wait and see.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Al getting a chance to screw a division rival? Bank on him hiring Saunders.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Unreal.

The griefs hire Herm and all of the sudden 'its ok if saunders goes'?

Laughable.

All he's done is turn an offense of sup par skill position players (save for holmes, johnson, and gonzales) into a top 5 fucking offense every year he's been there.

RACK Paul for being the only one who gets it.

How the fuck do any of us know how that hire would turn out UNTIL he's in that position? And didnt dude give Al the fucking finger last year to his face? Personally, I think he'd have the right attitude for this team if he was hired.

I wasnt aware that 'defensive coordinators' are the only ones that can have aggressive attitudes. :meds:

The rest of you can go fuck yourselves.

Greiffan-Lets see how life is without saunders running your offense-and lets see how long it takes Herm to get that shit defense straight.

Bolttard-Hows that marty situation turning out? Nice playoff run there, bitches.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

mvscal wrote:On track to sweep your sad collection of punks, bitches, whiners, cry babies and generally worthless sacks of overrated shit for the third year in a row.

Thanks for asking.
I remember the days when I used to be able to say these words.

:oops:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Raydah James wrote:Bolttard-Hows that marty situation turning out?
On track to sweep your sad collection of punks, bitches, whiners, cry babies and generally worthless sacks of overrated shit for the third year in a row.

Thanks for asking.
How about those Houston Oilers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking useless tard.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

mvscal wrote:Speaking of worthless...how is that second consecutive last place finish treating you?
An even better question is........how are the Chargers, Broncos and Chiefs treating the Raiders recently?

Answer: Like the little fucking whores they are. Smacked, bent over, raped and owned! :lol:
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Re: Raydahs to interview AL SAUNDERS on Jan. 12

Post by frodo_biguns »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/9159293

FUCK. :cry:
What will this do to Larry Johnson's fantasy value next year? With Herm Edwards at the helm Larry could be the big loser.
UCant Unretires Again

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

Is it any coincidence that the two biggest Board Bitch candidates have to bold their posts, use different colors, and capitalize WORDS in order to get their points across?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Raydah James wrote:
All he's done is turn an offense of sup par skill position players (save for holmes, johnson, and gonzales) into a top 5 fucking offense every year he's been there.
All you needed to add was.....one of the best Olines the last few years and sign it Marcus Allen.
How the fuck do any of us know how that hire would turn out UNTIL he's in that position? And didnt dude give Al the fucking finger last year to his face? Personally, I think he'd have the right attitude for this team if he was hired.
If that's true it’s a guarantee he won't be hired.
I wasnt aware that 'defensive coordinators' are the only ones that can have aggressive attitudes.
Maurice Carthon and Jim Fassell coach defense? I also referenced Gruden as a disciplinarian who demanded the team get it right in practice. That's the problem isn't it; the Raiduh's played like they practiced? A coach who demands that it has to be his way....or it’s the highway is what is needed. Not another offensive genius. Norv knows X's & O's as does Saunders, my only question is will Saunders demand the team stay on the practice field unit they get it right? In KC I think that job was Vermeils.
Greiffan-Lets see how life is without saunders running your offense-and lets see how long it takes Herm to get that shit defense straight.
Herm like Marty is a great leader, with the right staff he'll be successful, and he also would have been a better choice for Oaktown.
Bolttard-Hows that marty situation turning out?
I always questioned Marty's hiring, not because he wouldn't improve the team, but because once he did that would be it, no championship. Although getting used to whacking the primer & soot 9 out of 10 times never sucks. :wink:
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Who gives a shit what the Raiders/Chiefs do. I'm more worried about the Chargers. That Chiefs defense will nullify anything the Chiefs OL does on offense.

BTW, it's nice to know Priest Holmes was a product of the system now. It's obvious why he was dumped by the Ravens, after seeing what LJ did this year.
WhatsMyName
Elwood

Post by WhatsMyName »

Chiefs OL: 90%
Insert random running back: 10%

Nuff said.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raiders, Lofton meets about coaching vacancyAssociated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Hall of Fame receiver James Lofton interviewed with the Oakland Raiders on Thursday, the second person in as many days brought in to discuss the team's head coaching vacancy.

The Raiders also were working to set up a meeting with Fresno State coach Pat Hill, who on Wednesday issued a statement through the school giving NFL teams a 10-day window in which to interview him but didn't specify when it began or would end.

Lofton, who has been the San Diego Chargers' receivers coach for four seasons, is the first minority candidate to meet with owner Al Davis and his top personnel man, Michael Lombardi.

Oakland officials interviewed Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders at team headquarters on Wednesday as a potential successor to Norv Turner, fired Jan. 3 after consecutive losing seasons. The Raiders lost their final six games this season and failed to beat an AFC West opponent for the first time since Davis came aboard in 1963 to coach and eventually own the team.

The 49-year-old Lofton, a native Californian, was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2003.

Lofton played 17 NFL seasons, including 1987-88 for the Los Angeles Raiders. He was an eight-time Pro Bowl selection and caught 764 passes for 14,004 yards and 75 touchdowns in his career.

Under NFL rules, teams must interview at least one minority candidate.

Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney, chairman of the NFL's diversity committee, was critical when the Detroit Lions hired coach Steve Mariucci before the 2003 season without interviewing any minority candidates. Lions president Matt Millen was subsequently fined $200,000 by the league.

The interviews must be face-to-face, not by telephone.

Hill, a former assistant under Bill Belichick in Cleveland, was interviewed by the Houston Texans on Monday and the New Orleans Saints and St. Louis Rams reportedly have also contacted him. He wouldn't say which teams are courting him.

"Because of the success we've had at Fresno State, I have been contacted by several NFL teams regarding their head coaching openings," he said. "I'm not going to name the teams, out of respect, but only to say there is genuine interest."

The 54-year-old Hill, who just finished his ninth season leading the Bulldogs, worked with Lombardi in Cleveland. Hill joined the Browns in 1992 and stayed five seasons, coaching tight ends and offensive line along with working in the personnel department evaluating players.

Hill has gone 72-43 with seven bowl berths during his tenure at Fresno State. The Bulldogs (8-5) lost their final four games this season, blowing the chance for Hill's first outright WAC championship and later losing to underdog Tulsa in the Liberty Bowl.

James Lofton eh??????Interesting. I did not know he was on the radar,nor was he on any other teams radar.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

The Assassin wrote: James Lofton eh??????Interesting. I did not know he was on the radar,nor was he on any other teams radar.

He isnt. He was the token balck Al needed to bring in to keep the NFL committee cunts off his nutsack when he hires a real coach.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:He isnt. He was the token balck Al needed to bring in to keep the NFL committee cunts off his nutsack when he hires a real coach.
As opposed to the token coach Al had with Norv? I wouldn't be surprised at all if Al hired Lofton. Why not? It's obvious that Al wants to run the team. How better to do it than hiring a coach with minimal experience, a former player and presumably easily controlled by Davis? On top of that, Davis would get some nice free pub for being the only team to have TWO black head coaches.

You have to admit it makes as much sense as drafting a kicker in the first round.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

BSmack wrote:
You have to admit it makes as much sense as drafting a kicker in the first round.

:x :x :x :x :x :x
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Just as I predicted Herm would be the Chiefs new Coach a month ago, I also called Saunders ending up in Oakland.

How will he do there? That's another question entirely. I think the Raiders need discipline a hell of a lot more than a new offensive system. And by the way, the Offensive system Norv ran is pretty damn close to the same offensive system the Chiefs run.

So why are the results so different? Personnel first and foremost. Coaching and discipline a close second. In the 3 Raider games I watched, I can't count how many false start & illegal formation penalties I saw on the Raider offense. That's nothing but keeping your head in the game.

Here's prediction # 3.

Norv Turner will end up in KC as the QB coach.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:I think the Raiders need discipline a hell of a lot more than a new offensive system.

in
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Rod Marinelli is like Kiffin Jr. If you can get him, take him.

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

T REX wrote:Rod Marinelli is like Kiffin Jr. If you can get him, take him.
Is he a disciplinarian? If so he has no chance.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro