Viking hire Eagles O-Coord Brad Childress

Post by frodo_biguns »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I like this move a lot! 8)
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Link yet?

That is definitely good news for you guys...
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

BBMarley wrote:Link yet?

That is definitely good news for you guys...
Just on the local news in Milwukee. But here you go!
Vikings close to naming Eagles' Childress coach
Story Tools: XML
Print Email Blog This
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 10 minutes ago
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5223876

After all the coach firings in the NFL this week, we're actually very close to a hiring.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Minnesota Vikings have chosen former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress to become the team's new head coach. The two sides have begun negotiations and as long as they can work out contract terms, the team is expected to make it official Friday at an 11 a.m. press conference.
Childress flew into Minnesota on Monday night for his first interview, then had a second interview Wednesday evening after the Vikings brass returned from interviewing Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell.

Childress would replace Mike Tice, who was fired Sunday night following the team's season finale. Childress was scheduled to interview in Houston on Friday for the Texans opening, and then Green Bay on Tuesday and possibly the Saints.

Childress was one of the hottest candidates on the open market, and the Vikings like what he brings to their offense, particularly the quarterback position. In Philadelphia, Childress was credited with turning Donovan McNabb into the elite quarterback he is now and crafting a strong, ball-control philosophy.

He has been the Eagles' offensive coordinator the past four seasons and helped guide the Eagles to four consecutive NFC championships and last season's Super Bowl, a run that ended with a disappointing, injury-ravaged season in 2005.

The 49-year-old Childress joined the Eagles as the team's quarterback coach in 1999 and served as the offensive coordinator at the University of Wisconsin before that.

Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

BBMarley wrote:Link yet?
Here's another one.
Confirming the earlier report. Can't be too careful these days. :wink:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Speaking of (ex-)Viking Co-ordinaters...

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has hired Gary Zauner (ZAW-ner) as special teams coordinator.

A 25-year coaching veteran, Zauner recently completed his 12th season as an NFL assistant. He spent the last four campaigns as special teams coordinator with Baltimore. During his time with the Ravens, Zauner assisted in sending linebacker Adalius Thomas to the Pro Bowl as a special teamer in 2003 and kicker Matt Stover was a first alternate to the Pro Bowl in 2004. Returner B.J. Sams set a franchise record in 2004 with 1,826 combined return yards and finished second in the NFL (Reno Mahe, Philadelphia, 12.8) in 2005 with a 12.2-yard punt return average.

Zauner, 55, is reunited with Cardinals head coach Dennis Green, for whom he served as special teams coach with the Minnesota Vikings from 1994-2001. During that time, the Vikings sent two players (punter Mitch Berger, 1999 and kicker Fuad Reveiz, 1994) to the Pro Bowl. In addition, Zauner guided kicker Gary Anderson to the first perfect kicking season in NFL history in 1998 (35-of-35 on FG’s and 59-59 on PAT’s) as Anderson set the NFL record for most kicking points in a season with 164.

His coaching resume also includes stints at the collegiate level with Long Beach State (1990-91), University of New Mexico (1987-88), San Diego State (1981-85), and his first job at Brigham Young University (1979-80) where he became the first full-time special teams coach in the NCAA under BYU head coach LaVelle Edwards.

Now if they can just get a solid OLine coach, and try not to lead the lead in players on the IR again next year.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The worst part about this hiring is that Marty Morneingwig (sp?) becomes the Eagles offensive coordinator. :meds:
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Viking hire Eagles O-Coord Brad Childress

Post by Goober McTuber »

frodo_biguns wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Me too. Childress totally sucked at Wisconsin. I look for him to continue the Vikings rich tradition of under-achieving.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote:
frodo_biguns wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Me too. Childress totally sucked at Wisconsin. I look for him to continue the Vikings rich tradition of under-achieving.

Really?
During his eight-year tenure at Wisconsin, the team played in five bowl games, including Rose Bowl victories over UCLA in 1994 and in 1998. In 93, the Badgers set a school record and ranked fourth in Big Ten Conference history with 455.2 yards per game. QB Darrell Bevell (QBs coach at Green Bay), RB Ron Dayne, and WR Lee DeRamus all flourished under Childress.
Sounds more like he's a bit of an offensive guru.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

They had a lot of offensive talent during those years. There were a lot of Badger fans glad to see him go.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

jiminphilly wrote:The worst part about this hiring is that Marty Morneingwig (sp?) becomes the Eagles offensive coordinator. :meds:
Actually , he was great as the Niners OC .

At least the Eagles would get a ground game back .

I'd take him back as Niners OC .
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

At least Minnesota is finally bowing down and recognizing the inate superiority of all things Wisconsin.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

jiminphilly wrote:The worst part about this hiring is that Marty Morneingwig (sp?) becomes the Eagles offensive coordinator. :meds:
Morhinweg.
As a 'Skins fan my bad self, I don't have a problem with that! :P
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:So the Vi-Queens pick a guy for their head coach whose offenses the last 3 years ranked like this:

2005: 19th
2004: 9th
2003: 18th

....over Al Saunders, whose STELLAR offenses the last 3 years ranked like this:

2005: #1
2004: #1
2003: #2

Sorry QueenFan, but Ziggy isn't a smart man. :lol:
It might have more to do with the fact that Childress is coming from a franchise that's had a lot more success making the playoffs and stuff.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Goober McTuber wrote:They had a lot of offensive talent during those years. There were a lot of Badger fans glad to see him go.
You are a MORON! If I had wanted to talk to somebody with your personality, I would be at the damn pet store talking to the lizards.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

fraudo_biguns wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Did you come prematurely over him?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

frodo_biguns wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:They had a lot of offensive talent during those years. There were a lot of Badger fans glad to see him go.
You are a MORON! If I had wanted to talk to somebody with your personality, I would be at the damn pet store talking to the lizards.
I may have the PERSONALITY of a lizard, but I have a hell of a lot more BRAINS than you. Moron.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Man, Childress didnt waste a lot of time cleaning house. Dude just fired 8 coaches including Ted Cottrell. Looks like 33 year-old Tampa DB's coach, Tomlin, is the fav to replace Cottrell as D-Coord.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Dennis is on a role now...

Cardinals Hire Steve Loney As Offensive Line Coach

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has hired Steve Loney as offensive line coach.

A 29-year veteran of coaching in the collegiate and pro levels, Loney spent the last four seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. Loney was promoted to offensive coordinator last season after three years as the team’s offensive line coach.

Loney, 53, tutored the 2003 Vikings offensive line featuring a starting five that opened all 16 games as a unit, marking only the fourth time in Vikings history that all five linemen started every game. Although Loney used six different combinations on the offensive line in 2004, the offense finished 4th overall and QB Daunte Culpepper posted the 4th-best passer rating in NFL history.

It marks Loney’s second stint with the Arizona Cardinals. In 1993, Loney served as an offensive line assistant for the team. Loney’s coaching resume also includes stints at Iowa State (1974, 1995-97, 2000-01), Minnesota (1998-99) and Colorado State (1989-92). Loney’s first coaching job came in 1974 as a graduate assistant at Iowa State following a four-year career there as an offensive lineman.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/news_de ... l?iid=3384

Now the shocker-A non-Viking hire?

Cardinals Hire Larry Brooks As Defensive Line Coach

The Arizona Cardinals Football Club today announced that the team has hired Larry Brooks as defensive line coach.

A 20-year coaching veteran, Brooks spent the last two years as the defensive line coach for the Detroit Lions. Under Brooks tutelage, Lions DT Shaun Rogers earned his first career Pro Bowl invitation and the Lions defensive line nearly doubled their sack output from 2003 (17.5) to 2004 (30.5).

Prior to joining the Lions, Brooks coached the Chicago Bears defensive line in 2003 after serving nine years as the defensive line coach for Mike Holmgren with the Green Bay Packers (1994-98) and Seattle Seahawks (1999-02).

From 1972-82, Brooks was a standout defensive tackle for the Los Angeles Rams and was named to five consecutive Pro Bowls (1976-80) and was named All-Pro from 1977-79. His first coaching job came with the Rams, where he served as the assistant defensive line coach from 1983-90.

frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Goober McTuber wrote:
frodo_biguns wrote:
I may have the PERSONALITY of a lizard, but I have a hell of a lot more BRAINS than you. Moron.
Right... When you find them, let me know!
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Don't you love when Goober? Especially when his usernsme is so befitting? What a fucking retard!!!!!!

Even more Badgers on the way too. Ohhhh... as a BAdger fan I couldn't be more proud! I remember the Dave McClain days when he "NEVER" used to look at talent from Wisconsin, that's why his teams sucked. Barry came in and said, "Wait a minute Hartland Arrowhead, Fox River Valley, you've got some boys I'd like to look at." Since then it's been smooth sailing.
Bevell Headlines Six New Vikings CoachesBy Viking Update Staff

Date: Jan 12, 2006

The Vikings named six new coaches Thursday, introducing Darrell Bevell as their offensive coordinator, along with five assistant coaches.

After naming Darrell Bevell their offensive coordinator Thursday, the Vikings added five more assistants to their staff – Jim Hueber as assistant offensive line coach, Jimmie Johnson as tight ends coach, Pat Morris as offensive line coach, Brian Murphy as assistant special teams coach and Darrell Wyatt as receivers coach.

Bevell will be in his seventh NFL season in 2006 after spending 2000-05 with Green Bay, the last as their quarterbacks coach. During Bevell’s tenure with the Packers he has been a part of teams that went 57-39 in regular-season action and advanced to the playoffs in four straight seasons from 2001-04. The Packers won the NFC North title in three straight seasons from 2002-04.

Green Bay ranked fourth and third in the NFL in offense in 2003 and 2004, respectively. The Packers ranked second in NFL history by throwing a TD pass in 41 straight games between 2002-04, trailing the league record of
49 set by the 1956-60 Baltimore Colts.

Bevell played his collegiate football at Wisconsin under Childress, leading the Badgers to a 10-1-1 record and the 1994 Rose Bowl championship as a sophomore.

Bevell began coaching at Westmar University before moving to Iowa State and Connecticut.

Hueber worked with the linemen at Wisconsin for the past 10 seasons and was on the Golden Gophers staff from 1984-91. Over the course of his career, Hueber has had more than 25 players earn spots on NFL rosters, including first-round picks Aaron Gibson and Chris McIntosh. Entering his 33rd season of coaching in 2006, Hueber will work closely with Bevell. Hueber helped guide the Badgers to conference crowns in 1993, ’98 and ’99. :lol:

Johnson will coach the tight ends an area he has 10 years of NFL experience in as a player. A 1989 draft choice of the Washington Redskins out of Howard University, Johnson played on the 1991 Super Bowl championship team. Johnson played from 1989-91 in Washington, 1992-93 with Detroit, 1994 in Kansas City and finished his career from 1995-98 with Philadelphia. Johnson played in 118 NFL games with 33 starts in his career. He comes to the Vikings after two seasons as offensive coordinator at Texas Southern University after serving as offensive coordinator at Shaw University in 2002 and ’03 and working at South Carolina State in 2001. Johnson has served in the NFL’s minority coaching fellowship program with Detroit, Philadelphia and Washington.

Morris worked the past nine NFL seasons tutoring offensive linemen, including 2004 and ’05 with the Detroit Lions after spending 1997-03 with the San Francisco 49ers, where he worked with the offensive line. While in San Francisco, Morris guided G Kevin Gogan (1998), G Ray Brown (2002), C Jeremy Newberry (2002-03) and G Ron Stone (2003) to the Pro Bowl. Morris began his coaching career in 1976 as a graduate assistant at USC, his alma mater. Morris played in a pair of Rose Bowl wins (1973, 1975) and coached in three more – 1977 and 1985 with USC and 1988 with Michigan State. As a player, Morris was a part of a pair of national championships with USC.

Murphy worked with the Wisconsin special teams and outside linebackers. During his tenure with the Badgers, Murphy oversaw the career punt return yardage leader in Wisconsin history in Jim Leonhard (1,347) and career kickoff return yards leader in Brandon Williams (2,349). In 2005, Williams returned a pair of punts for TDs to tie a school record and ended his career ranked second in Big Ten history for kickoff return yards. The 2005 Badgers featured P Kenny DeBauche, a first-eam All-Big Ten honoree and the single-season school record holder in punting average. Murphy has coached since 1992 with stops at Benedictine (Ill.), Wisconsin, Baylor, San Diego and Lehigh.

Wyatt has coached wide receivers since 2002 at
the University of Oklahoma. Wyatt tutored Sooners all-time leading receiver Mark Clayton, a two-time All-America and a first-round pick in 2005 by the Baltimore Ravens. He oversaw three Sooners WRs who were first-day draft picks in 2005 – Clayton, Mark Bradley (second round, Chicago) and Brandon Jones (third round, Tennessee). At Oklahoma State, Wyatt worked with Rashaun Woods, a first-round pick by San Francisco and at Wyoming tutored All-America and Biletnikoff Award winner Marcus Harris. Wyatt played collegiately as a WR at Kansas State and also excelled on the Wildcat track and field team. He has served four NFL minority coaching fellowships, working with Tampa Bay in 1996, Denver in ‘97 and ’98 and Philadelphia in 2005.
It just goes to show you how stupid Packer fans really are! Nothing like being a hypocrite! No wonder why they are the fans most mocked in professional sports for being idiots! :meds:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Fraudo,

Seems like the Minnesota staff is well-stocked with former Badger coaches. That should assure the Vikings of finishing no worse than third in the Big Ten next year.