I hope Bruschi's out for the year... props Belichick.

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

UCant Unretires Again

I hope Bruschi's out for the year... props Belichick.

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

You lost DE Seymour for a stretch earlier in the year when he was injured while playing fullback, now LB Bruschi gets carted off the field after he was injured covering a punt... against the Jets... in a meaningless game.

When is this idiot going to learn??

Oh btw -- LB Mike Vrabel is second on the team in touchdowns.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Re: I hope Bruschi's out for the year... props Belichick.

Post by Mississippi Neck »

UCant Unretires Again wrote:You lost DE Seymour for a stretch earlier in the year when he was injured while playing fullback, now LB Bruschi gets carted off the field after he was injured covering a punt... against the Jets... in a meaningless game.

Oh btw -- LB Mike Vrabel is second on the team in touchdowns.
Bellichick's an idiot? How asinine..

He's always sprinkling his special teams with starters to get better results.
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
UCant Unretires Again

Re: I hope Bruschi's out for the year... props Belichick.

Mississippi Neck wrote:He's always sprinkling his special teams with starters to get better results.
Wouldn't you like to have the use of this guy for punt coverage during the playoffs... or better yet, calling the plays and leading the defense from the middle LB spot?

What the fuck is he doing out there on suicide squad duty during a meaningless game against the Jets??

Yes -- Belichick is an idiot. Dungy rested most of his starters this week and he also has the luxury of a bye week. You don't risk losing key players at this juncture of the season... especially on punt coverage against the Jets... especially when your team is already cursed this year with the freak injury thing.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

I, for one, don't question a whole lot about a coach who's won 3 SB's.

And as for Dungy, wasn't Manning, Edgerrin, etc., in for a while against Seattle this past weekend? Why would Dungy play them at all??? And as a preemptive strike, of course, Dungy wasnt there, but he was calling the shots.

Call Belichik an idiot. The line is short of people who call him an idiot. You're quite unique. Revel in it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Learn what exactly?

My guess, the coach, who, last time I checked, has a history of Super Bowl wins , realizes Bruschi hasn't played much and needs him to stay in game shape after missing the first 7 games of the season.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I hope Bruschi's ok. It's called FOOTBALL. There's no whining in football, ucantshouldretireagain.
UCant Unretires Again

jiminphilly wrote:Learn what exactly?

He lost Seymour earlier in the year while dude was playing fullback. He's putting high profile players in high risk situations. And they're getting hurt. Why spit in the face of fate when your team is obviously cursed with the injury bug this year??

Their defense is just starting to gell after all of the injuries and you put Bruschi in on punt coverage against the Jets??
UCant Unretires Again

Mississippi Neck wrote:And as for Dungy, wasn't Manning, Edgerrin, etc., in for a while against Seattle this past weekend?
I don't recall seeing Manning or The Edge on punt coverage this past weekend though, do you?
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

UCant Unretires Again wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:And as for Dungy, wasn't Manning, Edgerrin, etc., in for a while against Seattle this past weekend?
I don't recall seeing Manning or The Edge on punt coverage this past weekend though, do you?

No, but I do recall the Miracle in the Meadowlands. Do you?

Buwahhhhhhh.

Dude, you're so far out of your league. Nap time.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

UCant Unretires Again wrote:[Why spit in the face of fate when your team is obviously cursed with the injury bug this year??
Second reference to the "curse" for this year, do you really believe in such curses? Was Miami cursed when the Jets came back on them in the Meadowlands on Monday Night Football? :lol:
UCant Unretires Again

New England Injuries
Player Pos Injury Status

T. Bruschi LB Leg day-to-day
A. Samuel CB Lung day-to-day
R. Gay CB Ankle I-R
D. Koppen C Arm out for season
D. Starks CB Shoulder I-R
G. Scott S Knee I-R
C. Scott CB Shoulder I-R
M. Light T Ankle I-R
R. Harrison S Knee I-R
T. Poole CB Ankle I-R
R. Claridge LB Shoulder I-R

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team with more players out for the year. Cursed? Debatable. A season chalk full of "normal" injuries coupled with Johnson's retirement, Bruschi's stroke, Seymour's freak injury while playing FB. I dunno. Curse may be too strong of a word. How 'bout you can't afford to lose another starter for the year as you're gearing up for for another title run. With Bruschi... I wouldn't bet against them going to the Super Bowl and stomping whatever NFC team makes it. Without him?? A first round loss to the Jags or Steelers.

Belichick is an idiot for putting him out there on punt coverage.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

Yeah, I was pissed too when I saw that. Doesn't matter where he was on the field though. He could have rolled an ankle on a gatorade bottle on the sidelines. Belichick coaches his guys to be "FOOTBALL PLAYERS."

His team, folks. He can insert them where he wants.

..insert them where he wants.
Run with it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

UCant Unretires Again wrote:New England Injuries
Player Pos Injury Status

T. Bruschi LB Leg day-to-day
A. Samuel CB Lung day-to-day
R. Gay CB Ankle I-R
D. Koppen C Arm out for season
D. Starks CB Shoulder I-R
G. Scott S Knee I-R
C. Scott CB Shoulder I-R
M. Light T Ankle I-R
R. Harrison S Knee I-R
T. Poole CB Ankle I-R
R. Claridge LB Shoulder I-R

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team with more players out for the year. Cursed? Debatable. A season chalk full of "normal" injuries coupled with Johnson's retirement, Bruschi's stroke, Seymour's freak injury while playing FB. I dunno.
S. Wells C Knee day-to-day
W. Whitticker G Concussion day-to-day
D. Martin TE Head day-to-day
R. Ferguson WR Knee day-to-day
M. Hawkins CB Knee day-to-day
B. Sander P Knee day-to-day
R. Manning LB Shoulder day-to-day
R. Thomas LB Quadricep day-to-day
M. Flanagan C Hernia day-to-day
S. Gado RB Knee out for season
B. Poppinga LB Knee out for season
B. Franks TE Neck I-R
J. Thornburg DE Shoulder I-R
R. Lee RB Ribs I-R
J. Horton CB Shoulder I-R
W. Williams RB Hamstring out for season
A. Green RB Thigh out for season
N. Davenport RB Ankle out for season
E. Little S Hamstring I-R
T. Murphy WR Neck I-R
J. Walker WR Knee out for season

And the correct term is "chock-full", Spelling Bitch.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Mississippi Neck wrote:
And as for Dungy, wasn't Manning, Edgerrin, etc., in for a while against Seattle this past weekend? Why would Dungy play them at all??? And as a preemptive strike, of course, Dungy wasnt there, but he was calling the shots.
They were in for 2 drives each
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
UCant Unretires Again

Goober McTuber wrote:And the correct term is "chock-full", Spelling Bitch.
Bully for you, then.

And yet... you fumbled the meaning of hard-pressed. Since when did barely able become synonymous with... unable?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:And the correct term is "chock-full", Spelling Bitch.
Bully for you, then.

And yet... you fumbled the meaning of hard-pressed. Since when did barely able become synonymous with... unable?
Horseshit. I knew Green Bay had more season-ending injuries than that without even looking it up. There’s a team in your own division with more season-ending injuries than New England.

It seems you’re hard-pressed to sack up for your own fuckups. Or should that be unable.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

UCant Unretires Again

How many teams in total are there? Two out of thirty two still qualifies as hard-pressed in my book.

Additionally... what the fuck does this:
Goober McTuber wrote:There’s a team in your own division.
mean?

You think I like the Patriots????

:lol:

You think I like any team?

:lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

UCant Unretires Again wrote:How many teams in total are there? Two out of thirty two still qualifies as hard-pressed in my book.
How many teams in total have had more than 9 season-ending injuries? Five of them, you fucking moron. :lol:

Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

BBMarley wrote:
Mississippi Neck wrote:
They were in for 2 drives each
Yea, hence the term "for a while".
UCant Unretires Again

Goober McTuber wrote:
UCant Unretires Again wrote:How many teams in total are there? Two out of thirty two still qualifies as hard-pressed in my book.
How many teams in total have had more than 9 season-ending injuries? Five of them, you fucking moron. :lol:
5 out of 32... wow. Who are they? What is your source? Link??? WOW! WOW!! That's a lot. And if Bruschi IS out for the year... how many is it now? How many total games were missed by these players? How many were Pro-Bowlers? How many were scrubs? I would appreciate this data being on my desk by EOD, today. Double-spaced with color charts and shit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:
5 out of 32... wow. Who are they? What is your source? Link??? WOW! WOW!! That's a lot. And if Bruschi IS out for the year... how many is it now? How many total games were missed by these players? How many were Pro-Bowlers? How many were scrubs? I would appreciate this data being on my desk by EOD, today. Double-spaced with color charts and shit.
Keep spinning and sputtering, Ucunt, it’s oh so entertaining. You suggested that one would be hard-pressed to find another team with as many season-ending injuries as New England. Turns out not to be the case.

Here’s your link:

http://covers.msnbc.com/data/injuries.html

Do your own fucking research. Preferably before you open up your dicksucker.

UCant Unretires Again

Goober McTuber wrote:Do your own fucking research.
Says the jackass who believes that not only do I have a favorite team... that team is New England.

Contrary to what your boyfriend tells you... five... is not a lot. :lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

UCant Sucks Again wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Do your own fucking research.
Says the jackass who believes that not only do I have a favorite team... that team is New England.

Contrary to what your boyfriend tells you... five... is not a lot. :lol:
Researching injuries by team might be minimally interesting. Researching your posting history would not.

When you suggest that one would be hard-pressed to find one team with more than 9 season-ending injuries and I can find five, five is a lot. Is this starting to sink in yet? :lol:

Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

UCant Unretires Again wrote: Contrary to what your boyfriend tells you... five... is not a lot. :lol:
Geez, how old are you? :P
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mississippi Neck wrote: Geez, how old are you? :P
He's

this many
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Bruschi has played on special teams for as long as I can remember. Nothing out of the ordinary. Also the Pats remaining games are not meaningless. They do have a chance to move up to the 3 seed should they win next week and Cincy loses at KC. Common sense would say that they would be better off with the 4 seed. Playing Jacksonville instead of Pittsburgh at home in the opening round is I guess an easier game. Personally I want Pittsburgh because I just love ending their season every year.......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

So much for the meaningless game argument..commence spinning UCant
UCant Unretires Again

Mississippi Neck wrote:So much for the meaningless game argument..commence spinning UCant

They don't get a bye week no matter what. They'll still have to win at Denver and at Indy no matter what... their first round opponent will be at home no matter what.

If they pass Cinci into the 3 seed... their "reward"??? The Steelers... assuming they squeak by Detroit.

I'd rather face an unproven team in Jacksonville with a QB who's returning from a broken foot and hasn't played in 7 weeks.

You're right. It's not meaningless. They could only face stiffer competition by moving from a 4 to a 3 seed.
UCant Unretires Again

Just wondering why Belichick not only sparingly played his starters this week... but didn't put any of his star players on kick returns either. Can anyone explain this to me? He could easily have gotten the 3 seed if he wanted it. Why not play his starters with Cinci being blown out at KC?

Could it be.... that it was a meaningless game to him... that he learned his lesson with Bruschi the week before? That he knew he'd get a tougher opponent in Pittsburgh if he won?

Anyone who debated me in this thread can now suck my dick...