Rental review: Door in the Floor

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Rental review: Door in the Floor

Post by Bizzarofelice »

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Remember the really difficult parts of World According to Garp? Not John Lithgow in a dress, but the times when TS was dealing with his wife giving head to students? Well if you thought those difficult moments drawn out for 2 hours would make a good flick, then Door in the Floor is for you.

Kim Basinger and Jeff Bridges are the parents of three kids, two of which are dead. Jeff is struggling through and Kim hasn't been able to love since the deaths. In hopes of kicking up some dust in her deserted crotch, she starts fucking her husband's young assistant. I guess I shouldn't say "fucking." She is more "working out grief while grinding her pussy on the guy."

I liked the movie. Thought each of the characters and the difficult decisions they had to make were respected. Lots of gray Hamptons with the occassional bit of color for contrast. Lots of the exposed knee warmers that Mimi Rogers calls her breasts. The editing might be the only drawback... well beyond the fact that its 2 hours of depressing.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

jeff bridges tends to be in some pretty cool roles. arlington road was a great flick and obviously big lebowski. sometimes i get him and kurt russell mixed up. dont know why, especially since russell is in some horrible movies. if you ever feel like watching a disturbing, baaad movie, theres one hbo has been showing lately called breakdown. the premise is interesting, but the movies second half sucked.

the movie safemen is still one of the funniest movies ive seen that nobodies heard of. please somebody tell me theyve seen it.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
C-Squared
Idiot

Post by C-Squared »

Agree on Bace's review of the movie, overall it was okay, with some good scenes. Like when his drawing of Mrs. Vaughn's vagina hits the windshield of a car Bridges and two ladies (mother and daughter) are riding in as they ask him what kind of drawings he does.
Pride lasts a helluva lot longer than pain.