The biggest game ever at The Breslin Center

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

The biggest game ever at The Breslin Center

Post by Buried_Nick »

OK, in what many here are saying may be the biggest game ever held at the Jack T. Breslin Student Events Center in East Lansing, Michigan; on the campus of one Michigan State University, the NCAA's Unanimous #1, Fighting Illini of the University of Illinois, go up against the Spartans of Michigan State University.

My epoch breakdown goes like this:

Guards - Ill.

Forwards/Swingmen - MSU

Centers - Draw

Defense- Draw to possible edge, MSU. because of crowd.

Offense - slight edge, MSU. Lots of pure shooters. (Near tops in NCAA)

Free throws - MSU. (#1 in the NCAA's)

Rebounding - Ill. Powell and Co. are a bit better as a unit. But Trannon might come huge with the Ben Wallace "FRO". And if he does. It's on, people.

Coaching - You're kidding, right?

Thus, my perdicktion is that the defensive team, with a HUGE home crowd advantage, coupled with excellent free throw ability, and maybe even more excellent coaching, will win a squeeker. Making Boston College a VERY happy group of campers, who SHOULD be #1 at the end of the weekend. They are undefeated and playing in a very tough conference, but for some reason, no one wants to give any Love. Weird. This ain't the BCS, rank the damn guys #1, would ya!?

MSU - 62
ILLINI - 58.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

You live in Flint. No one up there is talking about the game.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Go Illinois!
Those who stay will be champions.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BlindRef wrote:Go Illinois!

Ditto!

Illinois 85, Michigan State 75
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

hehe
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

It was the refs......
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mustang wrote:It was the refs......

Unless they were sinking any of those threes or running the fast break, they weren't a factor. :lol:

I don't think there's much doubt that the Illini are for real. I haven't watch them for a full game until last night...they're good, damn good.

It's Groundhog's Day and Phil saw his shadow...does that mean six more weeks of Babs? :lol:
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

Yep. The carnage left behind at the pit, Crisler, should gag a maggot. It's not going to be pretty. Weber can name his score. If you take away some of those three's, it's a LOT closer game. They shot 13 for 24 from the three! And 52% from the field!

MSU used to do that shit. We had Morris Peterson, AJ Granger and Charlie Bell. Oh, how the times, they are a changin!!! :cry:
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Shoalzie wrote:

Unless they were sinking any of those threes or running the fast break, they weren't a factor. :lol:

I don't think there's much doubt that the Illini are for real. I haven't watch them for a full game until last night...they're good, damn good.

It's Groundhog's Day and Phil saw his shadow...does that mean six more weeks of Babs? :lol:
Uh, not serious. Just had to reverse the whip on MSU who prairie dogs every time Duke plays and promptly blames the refs, win or lose.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:If you take away some of those three's, it's a LOT closer game.
If your Aunt had a dick, she'd be your uncle.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Killian wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:If you take away some of those three's, it's a LOT closer game.
If your Aunt had a dick, she'd be your uncle.

RACK :lol:

That had to be one of the dumbest things Babs has said, and that's saying something. You can spin that game as much as you want...the Illini kicked their ass from the opening tip.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mustang wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

Uh, not serious. Just had to reverse the whip on MSU who prairie dogs every time Duke plays and promptly blames the refs, win or lose.

I caught the sarcasm...

I only wish those damn refs would've came in handy on Wednesday. :wink:

Wake was too much for the Devils...made a nice run at the end though.