Can we change the forum name to "AFC West"?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Can we change the forum name to "AFC West"?

Post by Cicero »

Seriously. No ill will towards the the backers of the teams but at least name the forum for what it is. Every freaking thread is a Raider/KC/Bronco/Charger/Tui/Collins/LT/Ratahan/Hey KC Paul/Hey Gaydah/Raider Nation/Chiefs best team in NFL.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Cicero count yourself lucky that most of the threads on this board are from chief/bronco/raider/charger fans. Despite some obviously myopic opinons, they're not as obnoxious as Giant and Cowboy fans. Even HH and DF are mild compared to most Cowgirl fans that I know. Giant fans are even worse.

Besides,would you rather have a board full of m2's? Neither would I.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:There are other teams?
Other than the Colts? Not this year.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

da bengals..

-Chad Johnson..

:lol:
kcdave
crusader

Re: Can we change the forum name to "AFC West"?

Post by kcdave »

Cicero wrote:Seriously. No ill will towards the the backers of the teams but at least name the forum for what it is. Every freaking thread is a Raider/KC/Bronco/Charger/Tui/Collins/LT/Ratahan/Hey KC Paul/Hey Gaydah/Raider Nation/Chiefs best team in NFL.
SSdd, since 1999 on every board we have squatted. Where have you been?

Seriously. No ill will towards you, but ...... you need a new board nic. "Cicero?" Give me a fucking break.

Cicero was great at one liners, at the rare times he was not looking to promote his own political agenda. You on the other hand, have yet to post a great one liner, and the only agenda you have shown, is posting crappy threads.

From here on, just call yourself "Old Newspaper."
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

I've said it before... outside of the NFC East, I'll always make an effort to watch AFC West games. Thankfully, Donks vs. Chiefs was on in this market Sunday.

So for my $4.39, AFC West smack is a good read.

velocet
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Cicero wrote:Seriously.
THIS Forum has stayed together since 1999 because 95%+ of us actually know NFL Football; despite our TEAM alliegences.(sp)

there are enough AFC West outsiders to counteract their RAMPANT MYOPIA! :paul:

since there is more of THEM in here...it makes the battles more entertaining.

so....WHY pitch a Biiiitch?

is it too easy to go to your "team site" and get into the weekly "same" neener~neeners.

:lol: i wasted post 700 on this? :lol:
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Well said, Q.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

jiminphilly wrote:Cicero count yourself lucky that most of the threads on this board are from chief/bronco/raider/charger fans. Despite some obviously myopic opinons, they're not as obnoxious as Giant and Cowboy fans. Even HH and DF are mild compared to most Cowgirl fans that I know. Giant fans are even worse.

Besides,would you rather have a board full of m2's? Neither would I.

I must be losing my edge...

I'll try harder in the future!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Qbert wrote:
Cicero wrote:Seriously.
THIS Forum has stayed together since 1999 because 95%+ of us actually know NFL Football; despite our TEAM alliegences.(sp)

there are enough AFC West outsiders to counteract their RAMPANT MYOPIA! :paul:

since there is more of THEM in here...it makes the battles more entertaining.

so....WHY pitch a Biiiitch?

is it too easy to go to your "team site" and get into the weekly "same" neener~neeners.

:lol: i wasted post 700 on this? :lol:

I wasnt bitching. Thanks to you guys I know more about the AFC West than I will ever need to, just a thought to the Admins.

I agree that you guys probably have more passion for your pro teams than the rest of us, and that threads about the NFC South would probably get pushed down the page.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Cicero wrote:Seriously. No ill will towards the the backers of the teams but at least name the forum for what it is. Every freaking thread is a Raider/KC/Bronco/Charger/Tui/Collins/LT/Ratahan/Hey KC Paul/Hey Gaydah/Raider Nation/Chiefs best team in NFL.
A good start would be for you to post a thread regarding your team... otherwise, troll on...
Nope. Not dead.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Like anyone in here wants to talk about the fucking Bucs?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Cicero wrote:Like anyone in here wants to talk about the fucking Bucs?
Is it worth my while to keep Caddy as a keeper in my fantasy league?
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

I'm sure that T REX would be more than happy to start a retard commune with you on that subject, Jeffy.
Nope. Not dead.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Is it worth my while to keep Caddy as a keeper in my fantasy league? ~ Jim/Philly

Go ask your wife ya fucking douche.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

PLEASE do not start a Succaneer thread. You think this place is bad now, wait for the Gruden spin off. Instead, get up from your seat at the library and drive your house down to a Ray-Jay parking lot. Set up shop so your wife can make you some real money.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

jiminphilly wrote:
Is it worth my while to keep Caddy as a keeper in my fantasy league?

I would say yes. They play New England, ATL and the Saints to end the season who are all poor at Run Def and now that he is healthy, he is good for 85-110 yards a game.

I think next year he will rush to close to 1400 yards.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Aaron in Tucson wrote:Is it worth my while to keep Caddy as a keeper in my fantasy league? ~ Jim/Philly

Go ask your wife ya fucking douche.
You're a little late to the party, dicklicker.

Than again the short bus is usually filled with raider fans like yourself.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

I have the feeling that "Jim's balls in his wife's purse" smack will always be fresh, so get used to it.
Nope. Not dead.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Cicero wrote:I wasnt bitching. Thanks to you guys I know more about the AFC West than I will ever need to, just a thought to the Admins.

I agree that you guys probably have more passion for your pro teams than the rest of us, and that threads about the NFC South would probably get pushed down the page.
While your opinion is wrong, it's also a great opportunity to open the door, Cicero.

As Q put it, we're all fans of the NFL. Topics with legitimate discussion points (the dreaded take) will always draw in the opinionated posters in this forum. Topics that sink are sometimes poorly crafted (a light C&P article with no supporting opinion, for example).

Many of the rest simply sink because a great deal of us either can't or won't debate the issue and, instead, opt to deflect and spin out of the argument altogether.

That, more than anything else, is what sucks the life out of our threads, our forum and, eventually, our posters.

Case in point ... how many times have you seen this in the forum?

Poster A: Your team is going to face problems down the road due to a suspect offense/defense and a QB/RB prone to making huge mistakes.
Poster B: Why is _____ Fan running smack about shaky offenses/defenses? Go eat a ___ and stay out of this thread.

... and the beat goes on.

If you find yourself either on the other side of this equation or viewing it in a thread, simply fall back on the timeless John Bender line and feel free to pile on and hammer away over and over until the third-grade deflection ceases.

Answer the question, Claire.

Sure, it will make for some unreadable threads here and there, but it could also whip our forum into shape in pretty short order.

Post. Discuss. Defend ... it's not really that difficult a concept, is it?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

JHawkBCD wrote:I have the feeling that "Jim's balls in his wife's purse" smack will always be fresh, so get used to it.
Regurgitating smack isn't fresh and isn't really funny. Pick wytchin like Orc has done to me in the past etc.. now that's funny.

Aaron was the last man on a pile-on from a few months ago. He should have at least brought something new to the table.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

jiminphilly wrote: Pick wytchin like Orc has done to me in the past etc.. now that's funny.
I agree- that picture of Jim getting Cornholed by the bitch on the copier was pretty damned funny!
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Well said Orc.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

jiminphilly wrote:
JHawkBCD wrote:I have the feeling that "Jim's balls in his wife's purse" smack will always be fresh, so get used to it.
Regurgitating smack isn't fresh and isn't really funny.
Really? Jhawk still piles on moi for stupid shit I posted five years and 3 IBB's ago...and it's still funny.
Aaron was the last man on a pile-on from a few months ago.
No, he isn't. This forum has a looong memory. You'll still be getting grief on the copied picks fiasco for as long as your stay here lasts.

Besides that, Aaron (or Toos-as in Toostoned to us long toothed fucks) is the very last person here you want to fool with. As well, he's also one of the first you'd want to have your back should the need arise. Trust me on this one.
He should have at least brought something new to the table.
Did your wife tell you to say that?
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

I like the forum just the way it is.........

(cue Billy Joel music)

I can't remember a football season without the Red Tide or the gruden-less raiders or any of the FUN in here......
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07