Vick said today he would play w/ Owens.

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Vick said today he would play w/ Owens.

Post by Cicero »

Of course he would. Owens could make any avg QB a Pro Bowl passer. See Jeff Garcia. I hope it doesnt happen cause if Vick's numbers improved in the passing do to him throwing it long to TO, than my cable company better come out w/ a Vick Channel b/c he would be all anybody in the media would want to talk about.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

1st and Goal for the Falcons and Vick has a running lane to the end zone and a wide open to crossing the back of the end zone. What would he do?

He'd piss off TO and run for the TD of course.

Whether Vick wants to play with TO is irrelevant. Whether Vick could actually play with a receiver like TO is another story.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Re: Vick said today he would play w/ Owens.

Post by BBMarley »

Cicero wrote:Of course he would. Owens could make any avg QB a Pro Bowl passer. See Jeff Garcia. I hope it doesnt happen cause if Vick's numbers improved in the passing do to him throwing it long to TO, than my cable company better come out w/ a Vick Channel b/c he would be all anybody in the media would want to talk about.
He also said TO would need to understand it was Vick's team (not gonna happen) and that he would need to be able to play with Vick's style of play- IE run first, run second, throw a pass evrey once in a while (Not gonna happen). TO could not handle the coverage breaking down and Vick running. Only getting 5-6 catches a game for 60-70 yards and NO td's would not bode well for TO. Besides- Mora is a big guy about locker room chemistry and he would never bring the cancer into that.

Besdies- TO is selling his house in Atlanta.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
But who, specifically, will risk blowing up their team to sign this asshole?
Floundering franchises (Houston and Tennessee come to mind), floundering coaches (s'up Norv), or the idiot that thinks he can do what no other coach has been able to do before (Shannahan has a big enough ego).

Personally, I think he'll end up in Minnesota where they really have nothing to lose.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

mvscal wrote:
But who, specifically, will risk blowing up their team to sign this asshole?
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I can't see Houston bringing TO in. No way! They'll sink the ship before they do that.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Headhunter wrote:I can't see Houston bringing TO in. No way! They'll sink the ship before they do that.
I'd like to believe that all NFL franchises have enough integrity to say "FUCK OFF" to him HH (except of course the duh's), but he'll eventually find a home......

the real trick will be finding a franchise that has the cap room and would be willing to put up with his tomfoolery (s'up Uncle Fester :lol: ).........that's why I think Minnesota would be the most likely candidate........
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland is a knee-jerk take as to where Owens might land, but I don't think he fits the profile of a Davis sort of pick-up.

Davis has picked up many whack-jobs, that is well documented.

The thing is, he's seldom picked up a guy that is not capable of being a TEAM guy......at least to a workable extent.

Owens appears to be incapable of being that, and as such, I'd be surprised to hear that Davis has legit interest in him.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Houston has already come out today and said they don't want TO.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

With TO's age and baggage he'll be getting nothing but 1 year contracts based mostly on incentives.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Does the NFL allow 1 game contracts? That's as big a gamble as anyone should take on this waste of flesh.

I bet NO ONE picks up T.O. unless he cuts ties with Drew Rosenpenis.

ftfy...Q
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:Owens appears to be incapable of being that, and as such, I'd be surprised to hear that Davis has legit interest in him.
To say nothing of the considerable chunk of cap space the team already has devoted to receivers.
yep
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

How's the Bolts cap situation look?

Can you imagine Owens and Gates catching balls from Brees/Rivers, with LT runnin the rock?

There's rumors that the Bolts will look to part ways with Brees at season's end (huge mistake it would be, I think...but they are worried about their Rivers investment just sitting on the bench). If that does happen, then maybe TO doesn't like SD (he's said he only wants to play with QBs capable of winning).

I agree with most in that no team should take a chance on the cancer, but if he did have to play somewhere, and someone would be willing to take him, SD would look pretty awesome with him in the lineup.

Then again, the Bolts have that whole David Boston thing hangin over their heads.
m2 wrote:I'm use to it. Why?

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

It wont work... I'm a Warriors fan.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Roofer wrote:......he's said he only wants to play with QBs capable of winning.

I love it when recently suspended overinflated ego starts qualifying who they will and won't play for........you got to give up it to the guy......funny shit :lol:
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

mvscal wrote:Bolts are in excellent shape capwise. They could afford him in theory. In practice...DON'T TALK TO ME ALRIGHT?!? KNOCK IT OFF!!!
:lol: :lol:

Peter King called his shot , and said he could wind up in Dallas next season .

Jerrah loves those marquee types too . And will shell out the cashish for 'em .
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Being a Steelers fan means knowing your team wouldn't touch TO's ass with a fucking bargepole.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

drummer wrote:Jerrah loves those marquee types too . And will shell out the cashish for 'em .
TO and Tuna would be a combustable match...
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Not only will teams take a chance on this guy, there will be a line of them.

My prediction (which is probably as good as the next guys): Denver.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Shoalzie wrote:
drummer wrote:Jerrah loves those marquee types too . And will shell out the cashish for 'em .

Yeah, I can see him and Keyshawn holding hands on the sideline. :meds:
Last edited by Cicero on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

How about the Seahawks?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Cicero wrote:How about the Seahawks?
Holmgren and Reid are boyz. Won't happen.
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

:lol:

Actually, taking on T.O. sounds like something Cleveland would be stupid enough to do.
What the hell do they have to lose anyhow?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I know one place he most definently will not end up at. No way Belichick would even give it a second......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

I agree with Peter King ,hes the perfect fit in Dallas. Because Bill Parcells would whip that fucker into shape in no time. T.O in Dallas gives him the spotlight he craves and with Parcells he'll keep his trap closed. Want proof? Whats Keyshawn said lately? Fuckers been a model citizen ever since joining the Cowboys. I can see Jerry Jones jumping on this.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

mvscal wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:Not only will teams take a chance on this guy, there will be a line of them.
I'll betcha there won't.

I'll say that he has to take a well below market value deal or will sit out next season entirely.
I agree he'll get below market, but there are plenty of teams that would take a chance on a blue-light special T.O.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Cicero wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

Yeah, I can see him and Keyshawn holding hands on the sideline. :meds:
Jerrah does pander to his stars . Hell , the Cowboys of the 90's weren't no saints . There were some shady dudes on that roster ( Tuinei died of a Heroin/Extacy OD after he left the team ) , and Irvin maybe wasn't a " me" player , but a distraction nonetheless . Not to mention the flamboyant Deion Sanders .
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

The Assassin wrote:I agree with Peter King ,hes the perfect fit in Dallas. Because Bill Parcells would whip that fucker into shape in no time. T.O in Dallas gives him the spotlight he craves and with Parcells he'll keep his trap closed. Want proof? Whats Keyshawn said lately? Fuckers been a model citizen ever since joining the Cowboys. I can see Jerry Jones jumping on this.
I just wonder if the fans would forget the " Dallas Star " incident enough to forgive him if he did sign on with the 'Boys .
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Fuck all ya all.

TO is never going to step on Texas stadium as a member of THE Dallas Cowboys. I'll make that fucker (Jerrah) eat a bullet if he even thinks of attempting to sign this headcase.

:evil:

Rant over.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

Sorry, but as a Cowboys fan, I'd take Me-O in a second..Winning is the first order of business in this league.

Fatcells can handle that headcase, he couldn't handle Antonio Bryant, but I doubt Me-Oh will chuck a sweaty jersey in his face.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

jackass007 wrote:
Fatcells can handle that...
Funny that you mention it. I was thinking and saying the same thing to a guy at work this week.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

He'll end up in Green Bay, take it to the bank.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The Assassin wrote: Bill Parcells would whip that fucker into shape in no time.
If they bring in TO and expect him to change and becoming a model citizen that would be mistake #1.

TO and Keyshaun are not in the same class. They may talk a lot but TO's got some underlying problems that a good back alley beating would solve.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

DMike316 wrote: Actually, taking on T.O. sounds like something Cleveland would be stupid enough to do.
What the hell do they have to lose anyhow?
CLIFF NOTES version: EAD!

.....ummmmm....no thanx. last i checked.... T.O. wasn't an offensive tackle.

plus, a young team with marginal talent....that's starting to gel; doesn't really need a narsocistic ego-maniac WR that won't see the ball more than 4 times a game in the near future.

c'mon.... y.s.b. !
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Im not a browns fan, but there is no fucking way Romeo Crennel brings in TO, he trying to build team chemistry just like the rest of the new coaches. if Butch was still the coach, then i could see it. Hell the only reason Weed Green is still on this team is because he has turned him self around off the field wise and become a model citizen. and is the reason Cbrown, et al. have new addresses.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

DallasFanatic wrote:Fuck all ya all.

TO is never going to step on Texas stadium as a member of THE Dallas Cowboys. I'll make that fucker (Jerrah) eat a bullet if he even thinks of attempting to sign this headcase.

:evil:

Rant over.
What he said.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Cowboy fan, believe me, you could stomach T.O. in your team's gear IF he was there to be a good soldier.

Raider fan has been down this path MANY times.

Romo, Lyle Alzado, and many others come quickly to mind.

HATED the fuckers, but as soon as they came over to the dark side I loved what they brought to the table.

You hate T.O. and that is understandable, but again, if he was there to fit in, keep his yap shut, and play like a mutha, you'd start likin' (if not lovin') him in short order.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:Cowboy fan, believe me, you could stomach T.O. in your team's gear IF he was there to be a good soldier.

Raider fan has been down this path MANY times.

Romo, Lyle Alzado, and many others come quickly to mind.

HATED the fuckers, but as soon as they came over to the dark side I loved what they brought to the table.

You hate T.O. and that is understandable, but again, if he was there to fit in, keep his yap shut, and play like a mutha, you'd start likin' (if not lovin') him in short order.
RACK.

Paging George fucking Teague.....Parcells is on the white courtesy phone :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Raydah James on Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

If Davis could sign Larry Brown , he could sign TO .
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oh, I'm not saying he will change his ways.

I have serious doubts about it.

I'm just saying IF he did, it'll all be good for Cowboy fan.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Doesn't ATL's coach know TO's act?

Besides, I think Baltimore is eager for a 2nd chance. Bwahahahahahahaha.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.