How the AFC West will play out

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Yea, that Okaland team just appears to be fading ha? Bwahahahahahahaha.

They'll be peaking by the end of November.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Nothing to see here......yet another KC homer claiming superiority over everyone.

*sigh*

Paul: IF, huge IF, you beat the Donks, Pats, Chargers, and Gals all at home(or away), you will be a Super Bowl favorite.

Unfortunately, your 29th ranked defense will get in the way. You still think that all that offense means anything? It doesn't especially in the playoffs when teams become more defensive oriented and conservative. When you get a defense, let the rest of teh league know. Thanks.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC's looking at a verrah difficult schedule, Paul.

In light of how your team 'looks' I just can't see them going 7-2 from here on out.

Denver will slip off a bit in the 2nd half of the season, but whether another team can make a run at them remains to be seen.

I think SD is the most likely candidate to make that run.

Oakland is the 'wildcard' in the race.
The next 2 weeks will make or break their season.
They may or may not climb back into it.
I think they'll upset Dungver (who will be coming off their bye) next Sunday, but this KC game scares me.

Btw, Raiduh Derrick Burgess won AFC defensive player of the month for October.
Lovin' that shit.

On another note, I'm slightly concerned about what Tony G. might do to the Raiduhs this Sunday, seeing as how it appears that with Wood and DGib out they have no real good match-up for him.

Yikes.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Kansas City
9-7

Denver
11-5

San Diego
10-6

Oakland
7-9
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

orcinus wrote:Kansas City
9-7
Fuck that noise.

KC WILL WIN EVERY GAME FROM HERE ON OUT AND FINISH 13-3...

...unless they proceed to lose one, and then...

...KC WILL WIN EVERY GAME FROM THERE ON OUT AND FINISH 12-4.

Like Truman said, word problems suck, but you see where this is going, don't you?

No?

Dayum...you buys them books, you sends them to school, and this is the fucking thanks you get.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

orcinus wrote:Kansas City
9-7

Denver
11-5

San Diego
10-6

Oakland
7-9
JHawk - $50
Jamika - ($50)
Nope. Not dead.
Snooze Baton

Post by Snooze Baton »

I'll take the Bills on 11-13 against KC all day long. KC has a long history of laying an egg on the road the week after beating up on Oakland.

You heard it here first, shitheads...
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I think the Broncos end up AFC West Champs this year. The main reason is they have the best defense. I didn't think those brownies would amount to much....I was wrong, or at least I appear to be now. :wink:

The Chargers Oline is manned by backups & misfits, and is holding the team back by limiting LT's effectiveness (except as a passer eh Chief fan). Increasing the amount of time the defense is on the field. Making games like tomorrows Jets game a lot closer than would be otherwise with NY's 100 yr old 3rd string QB.

The Chiefs are aging and fading before our very eyes. I see Willie Roaf tweaked his hammy again and is questionable this week. Priest is dinged, but the offense just hasn't been firing on all cylinders this year. Meanwhile the defense still doesn't look playoff caliber.

Raiduhs - A defense that gives up too many big plays + Poor leadership by the HC and players = last pla.....a rebuilding year. :D
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Frank Football
I'm Frank About Football

Re: How the AFC West will play out

Post by Frank Football »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:The Chiefs will RUN THE TABLE at home the rest of the season. And on the road they will do NO WORSE than 2-2. I can see them losing at Dallas and NY, but NOT at H-town or Buffalo. 11-5 should lock up the West:

11/06/05 Oakland Raiders- W
11/13/05 at Buffalo Bills- L
11/20/05 at Houston Texans- W
11/27/05 New England Patriots- L
12/04/05 Denver Broncos- W
12/11/05 at Dallas Cowboys- L
12/17/05 at New York Giants- L
12/24/05 San Diego Chargers- L
01/01/06 Cincinnati Bengals- W
FIXED, FATTY.

8-8 is the best they can hope for, maybe 9-7 if I'm wrong on one of these. At best that is a road wildcard game and first round exit but I'm calling no playoffs for KC this year.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

At worst, Denver could go 2-3 on the road and 2-1 at home, finishing 10-6 and still win the division.

Sandy Eggo will go 3-1 on the road, and 2-2 at home and finish 2nd at 9-7 and win the Wildcard.

Oakland will go 2-3 on the road and 3-1 at home and finish 8-8. The chants of "Wait 'til next year" will begin on January 1, 2006.

Last, and certainly least, the chefs will manage 2-2 on the road but the once dreaded Narrowhead will be the site of a 2-3 record, ending the season at 7-9.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Joe in PB wrote:I didn't think those brownies would amount to much....
Me neither :oops:
get out, get out while there's still time
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Denver wins the division hands down.

12-4.

Suck Diego ends at 9-7 or 8-8, KC and Oakland at 7-9 if they're lucky and none goes near a wild card.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Fuck are you babbling about, fat boy?

Didn't see the game, or the replay, but if as solid a Raider Hater as Shannon Sharpe says the refs buttfucked the Raiders in the mouth & gave the game to the Chefs, I'll take his word for it.

If the Chefs overreact to a lucky call the same way you do, they may not win another game this season.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Chargers finish 10-6
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Not an impossible outcome, imo

I can see the Donks stumbling in Oakland this week too, btw
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cuda wrote:Not an impossible outcome, imo

I can see the Donks stumbling in Oakland this week too, btw
Not. A. Chance.

Broncos-35
Raiders-10

Season over-and RACK the Broncos for it in advance.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I am skeptical, James.

Broncos coming off a bye week, playing in Oakland. Jake hasn't done anything fucked up on or off the field in weeks.

Huge potential there for the Raiders to get right back in the division race.
Snooze Baton

Post by Snooze Baton »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:Respect and recognize, BITCHES. :wink:
Snooze Baton wrote:I'll take the Bills on 11-13 against KC all day long. KC has a long history of laying an egg on the road the week after beating up on Oakland.

You heard it here first, shitheads...
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Cuda wrote:I am skeptical, James.

Broncos coming off a bye week, playing in Oakland. Jake hasn't done anything fucked up on or off the field in weeks.

Huge potential there for the Raiders to get right back in the division race.

Nope. As long as norv is our coach, Raye is our Offensive coordinator, and Ryan is our D-Coodinator, we will find a fucking way to lose.

Once again,

Faders-10
Broncos-35
Snooze Baton

Post by Snooze Baton »

Raydah James wrote:Nope. As long as norv is our coach...

Yatzee!

Dude should be the offensive coordinator for Wannstedt at the University of Pittsburgh... that way... the two biggest stiffs to ever disgrace an NFL sideline can be limited to just fucking one institution over.

:lol:
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Cuda wrote:Fuck are you babbling about, fat boy?

Didn't see the game, or the replay, but if as solid a Raider Hater as Shannon Sharpe says the refs buttfucked the Raiders in the mouth & gave the game to the Chefs, I'll take his word for it.

If the Chefs overreact to a lucky call the same way you do, they may not win another game this season.
The refs didn't give shit to the Chiefs. The Raiders gave the game to the Chiefs. After the call there was only 27 seconds left and the Chiefs were on the 50. The Raiders very well could have stopped the Chiefs from scoring even a field goal. Let's say they didn't call the tripping penalty. How do you know the Chiefs still don't score. You fucking don't know. The Raiders defense was on their heels and got fucking beat. End of story. Bitter much? :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Washington has basically sucked since Joe Gibbs retired, having non-winning seasons in 9 of the 12 years since he retired.

The only 'skin coach to put up 3 winning seasons in the shithole of DC in the post-Gibbs era...?

That'd be Norv Turner.

Petibon, Shottenheimer and Spurrier couldn't find a way to put a winner on the field in DC, but Norv could.

Norv inherited a DISASTER from R. Petibon.
Then, his team showed gradual improvement over a few-year span.
He managed this improvement with the great Gus Frerotte as his qb, btw.
Then, he sort of hit the wall a year after winning the NFC East in '99.

There are some similarities in the DC case and the Oakland case.
Norv inherited a disaster from B. Callahan.
Norv improved slightly from 4-12 in Callahan's finale to 5-11 in his first year.
This year Oakland is definitely an improved team from last year, and will, I believe, finish 7-9, 8-8, something like that.
What we see now is not what we ultimately WANT to see, but there IS improvement.

kcdave gave a solid, but obscure, take when Norv was hired.
Paraphrasing, he said basically that Norv was keeping the seat warm, bringing the team along, 'rebuilding' (although Al hates to use that term), and when Norv has done his work and taken the cart as far as HE can, Al will bring in the 'real' coach that will knock the door down.

None of us know the future, but I tend to agree that that is how this thing will ultimately play out.

I HATE to see Oakland losing games like the one yesterday. It kills me, but I want to look at the big picture.
The big picture shows me that Oakland is at the mid-point of a 'rebuilding' process that began after they melted down in the season after their Super Bowl appearance.

It still takes some time in this league to BUILD a Super Bowl contending team. It takes continuity.

This isn't going to be the Raider's year, but I see improvement, and I see a lot of pieces in place for the future.

Norv's keepin' the seat warm, IMO, and he's not doing all bad.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Congrats on yesterdays win Chef fan.

But there's little doubt this years team isn't as good as the one the Chef's fielded two years ago when they won the division, then were one & done in the playoffs.........
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Joe in PB wrote: But there's little doubt this years team isn't as good as the one the Chef's fielded two years ago when they won the division, then were one & done in the playoffs.........
I disagree

On Offense, it is the same personnel, albeit 2 years older. The addition of Larry Johnson to the backfield is a plus.

On defense, the Chiefs are now in the top 10 in stopping the rush. Granted, the pass defense sucks, but it is still improvement over the 2003 team.

My Take on how the AFC plays out:

Chiefs finish 11-5 - Wild Card

11/13/05 at Buffalo Bills- W
11/27/05 New England Patriots- W
12/04/05 Denver Broncos- L
12/11/05 at Dallas Cowboys- W
12/24/05 San Diego Chargers- W

Denver Finishes 12-4 and wins the Division (Painful to say)

Sun Nov.13 at Oakland- W
Sun Nov.20 vs. NEW YORK JETS- W
Thu Nov.24 at Dallas- W
Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City- W
Sun Dec.11 vs. BALTIMORE- W
Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo- L
Sat Dec.24 vs. OAKLAND W
Sat Dec.31 at San Diego- L

Chargers finish 10-6

Sunday, 11/20 1:15 PM Buffalo Bills- W
Sunday, 11/27 10:00 AM @ Washington Redskins- W
Sunday, 12/4 5:30 PM Oakland Raiders- W
Sunday, 12/11 1:15 PM Miami Dolphins- W
Sunday, 12/18 10:00 AM @ Indianapolis Colts- L
Saturday, 12/24 10:00 AM @ Kansas City Chiefs- L
Saturday, 12/31 1:30 PM Denver Broncos- W

Raiders Finish 8-8

Sunday, November 13 vs. Broncos- L
Sunday, November 20 @ Redskins- L
Sunday, November 27 vs. Dolphins- W
Sunday, December 4 @ Chargers- L
Sunday, December 11 @ Jets- W
Sunday, December 18 vs. Browns- W
Saturday, December 24 @ Broncos- L
Saturday, December 31 vs. Giants- L

I believe the second wild card will go to Cinn

Cinn finishes 11-5

Sun. 20 COLTS L
Sun. 27 RAVENS W
Sun. 4 @ Steelers L
Sun. 11 BROWNS W
Sun. 18 @ Lions W
Sat. 24 BILLS 1:00 W
Sun. 1 @ Chiefs L

The rest of the AFC Playoff Participants

AFC EAST - Patriots- Divison Champs
AFC Central - Steelers - Division Champs
AFC South - Colts - Division Champs
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:Raiders Finish 8-8

Sunday, November 13 vs. Broncos- L
Sunday, November 20 @ Redskins- L
Sunday, November 27 vs. Dolphins- W
Sunday, December 4 @ Chargers- L
Sunday, December 11 @ Jets- W
Sunday, December 18 vs. Browns- W
Saturday, December 24 @ Broncos- L
Saturday, December 31 vs. Giants- L
Math's not your thang, eh...?

Adds up to 6-10.

Hmmmm...........

8-8 sounds better.

Then again, drafting slightly higher has it's upside.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

LOL - just trying to be kind after the beatdown

6-10 it is
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

So both KC and Denver are going to Texas Stadium and getting victories?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Yeah, apparently our "combine" guys don't run the 40 fast enough to beat KC and Denver.

Ready to concede Parcells knew what he was doing on draft day yet, Scott? Or do we have to wait a few more weeks?
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

KC Scott wrote:
Joe in PB wrote: But there's little doubt this years team isn't as good as the one the Chef's fielded two years ago when they won the division, then were one & done in the playoffs.........
I disagree

On Offense, it is the same personnel, albeit 2 years older. The addition of Larry Johnson to the backfield is a plus.

On defense, the Chiefs are now in the top 10 in stopping the rush. Granted, the pass defense sucks, but it is still improvement over the 2003 team.

Hmmm....lets take a look at some numbers.

KC 2005 Defense

8th Vs the run - 95 yards a gm
4 rush TD's allowed - projected 16 gms = 8 TDs
31st Vs the pass - 261 yards per gm
16 pass TD's allowed - projected 16 gms = 32 TDs
14 sacks - projected 16 gms = 28
Total Defense 28th - 355 ypg
Scored against - 22nd - 23 pts per gm

KC 2003 Defense

30th Vs the run - 147 yards per gm
18 rush TD's allowed
13th Vs the pass - 210 yards per gm
19 Pass TD's allowed
36 sacks
Total Defense 29th - 369 yards per gm
Scored against - 19th - 21 pts a gm

Based on those stats Scott, sure the run defense is much better but now the Chef pass D is atrocious. The bottom line is the Chefs still can't stop anybody when it counts.

KC 2005 Offense

7th total offense - 357 ypg
Rush TD's 12 - projected 16 gms - 24
Pass TD's 7 - projected 16 gms - 14
Completions - 62%
Sacks given up - 17 - project 16 gms - 34
8th Scoring offense - 24.6 points per gm

KC 2003 Offense

2nd total offense - 369 ypg
Rush TD's - 32
Pass TD's - 24
Completions - 63%
Sacks given up - 21
1st Scoring offense - 30 pts a gm

The biggest difference I see between 2003 and 2005 is the Chef's are now scoring close to a TD less per game. IMO, had that game yesterday been in 2003, the Chefs would have won going away. Their 2005 Oline is not nearly as dominate on the ground or in pass protection as it was in 2003. So this season they're not blowing anybody out, well outside the Jets that is. That means every game will be a close one and putting a W next to teams on the schedule like Cincinnati, Dallas, San Diego and even on the road in Buffalo is nothing short of pre-mature, or in your case Scott...myopic. :D
Last edited by Joe in PB on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Nixhex wrote:
Cuda wrote:Fuck are you babbling about, fat boy?

The refs didn't give shit to the Chiefs. The Raiders gave the game to the Chiefs. After the call there was only 27 seconds left and the Chiefs were on the 50. The Raiders very well could have stopped the Chiefs from scoring even a field goal. Let's say they didn't call the tripping penalty. How do you know the Chiefs still don't score. You fucking don't know. The Raiders defense was on their heels and got fucking beat. End of story. Bitter much? :lol:
Your argument is with Shannon Sharpe, not me.

You also have a beef with your reading teacher, since there must be something about
Cuda wrote:Didn't see the game, or the replay
that excapes your comprehension.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Oh, the IRONY: Paula using the word "take"

Bwahahahahaha
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Kaley wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:The Chiefs will RUN THE TABLE at home the rest of the season. And on the road they will do NO WORSE than 2-2. I can see them losing at Dallas and NY, but NOT at H-town or Buffalo. 11-5 should lock up the West:

11/06/05 Oakland Raiders- W
11/13/05 at Buffalo Bills- L
11/27/05 New England Patriots- L
12/04/05 Denver Broncos- L
12/11/05 at Dallas Cowboys- L
12/24/05 San Diego Chargers- L
FIXED, FATTY.

7-9 is the best they can hope for, maybe 8-8 if I'm wrong on one of these. At best that is just a rung ahead of the Raiduh's, crie's of Dickie Weep's firing, and another year of early golf.

FIXED
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Joe in PB wrote:
The biggest difference I see between 2003 and 2005 is the Chef's are now scoring close to a TD less per game. IMO, had that game yesterday been in 2003, the Chefs would have won going away. Their 2005 Oline is not nearly as dominate on the ground or in pass protection as it was in 2003. So this season they're not blowing anybody out, well outside the Jets that is. That means every game will be a close one and putting a W next to teams on the schedule like Cincinnati, Dallas, San Diego and even on the road in Buffalo is nothing short of pre-mature, or in your case Scott...myopic. :D

And if you go back and look at 2003 and 2004 it wasn't until mideseason the offense started firing on all cylinders. I'll agree the O Line isn't as dominating as years past, but they are still good enough to get job done.

As for the Defense, the ability to stop the run is always job 1. You also need to consider the Chiefs played the first 4 games without Warfield, so that stat will improve.

I'll grant you the Chargers and Bengals games at Arrowhead could end up being losses, seeing as both teams have multiple weapons through the air. I'll give those to KC though based on homefield advantage

The Bills and the Cowboys? Bwa.
That's where shutting down the run pays off. If you've got to count on Bledsoe or Holcomb to win the game for you, I'll take those odds any day.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

KC Scott wrote:
That's where shutting down the run pays off. If you've got to count on Bledsoe or Holcomb to win the game for you, I'll take those odds any day.
Psssstt Scotty. The Cowboys can pass the ball this year and its not like the Queef secondary is anything to worry about. The Boys are doing just fine against the run themselves and with your throwing targets, or lack thereof, I see the Boys having little trouble stopping the Queef offense. I'll continue this conversation in another month when the shit talking counts, but you can already pencil me in for sig/av.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dallas is a better team than KC, IMO.

The way it looks right now, that 12/11 game in Dallas is a probable loss for KC.

Just chiming in.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

DallasFanatic wrote:
KC Scott wrote:
Psssstt Scotty. The Cowboys can pass the ball this year and its not like the Queef secondary is anything to worry about. The Boys are doing just fine against the run themselves and with your throwing targets, or lack thereof, I see the Boys having little trouble stopping the Queef offense. I'll continue this conversation in another month when the shit talking counts, but you can already pencil me in for sig/av.

Yeah, I'd sure hate to rely on the 7th ranked passing game to win a football game. Relying on the 19th would make me oh so much more comfortable. Take the top three off the list of Passer ratings (the top three have a combined 14 completions) And Bledsoe ranks forth. Just behind Manning, and just ahead of Brady.

Total offense, Cowboys are 6th. Cheifs are 7th.

You wanna go on the other side of the ball? Nyah. Let's wait a month for that.

Can the Cowboy hatred. It's blinding you to the facts.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.