The Skins VS The Birds

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

The Skins VS The Birds

Post by BBMarley »

Going to be an interesting game- both teams coming off of embarrasing losses and fighting hard to make up ground to overtake the Giants. Not making a forecast eyt- too early in the week....

Like I said in the other thread- possibility of another Body Bag game here... :twisted:
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Careful what you wish for. Right now the only body bags needed are for McNabb and Owens.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Joe in PB wrote:Careful what you wish for. Right now the only body bags needed are for McNabb and Owens.
If Mcnabb has one more week playing the way he played yesterday- I'm saying send him to Germany for that operation and put McMahon in. he can helm the offense for a few weeks- may actually force Reid to run the ball more.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

mvscal wrote:
BBMarley wrote:may actually force Reid to run the ball more.
Just like that, huh? A snap of the fingers and you're a smashmouth juggernaut, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know how that works out for ya.
I simply stated that subbing a QB would force them to run the ball more- no one said it would or would not work you dumb fucking cunt rag...
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

i'm too pissed/embarrassed right now to make any comment on this game. WTF was that??? i am speechless.....
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

mvscal wrote:So something went wrong with your presumed triumphal procession through the NFC this year and now you're grasping at straws. I understand. You're desperate. It's all starting to slip away.

I'm sure the Eagles will be able to reinvent themselves as a power rushing team with no trouble at all. In fact, they'll probably run the table from here out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reading comprehension mean anything to you Fuck Stick? Where did anyone say that they will become a power rushing team? A simple statement was made that if they have to put McMahon in- it may make Reid run the ball more- something they need to do to help their offense.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rack this thread....

and mv-the fuck is this?

:?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

mvscal wrote:
BBMarley wrote: A simple statement was made that if they have to put McMahon in- it may make Reid run the ball more- something they need to do to help their offense.
Running the ball isn't going to do shit to help a team that is built to do absolutely nothing but pass the football.

You're done and TO's dripping vag hasn't even imploded yet. So I guess you've got that to look forward to.
Basic football- if you run the ball, it will help set up the pass. I'm not saying they will suddenly be putting up 200+ yards per game on the field-but with MCMahon under center- they will need to help open up the secondary. Gordon was signed to help run the ball- you will see them run the ball in an effort to help the passing game.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Good gravy BB. After yesterday's display of piss poor football, I'm inclined to just take the sig/av right now. :lol:

Seriously, the Skins tackling fundamentals wouldn't even work in FLAG FOOTBALL.

I'm partial to the body bag angle, both teams pissed at themselves and looking to take it out on the other.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Tom In VA wrote:Good gravy BB. After yesterday's display of piss poor football, I'm inclined to just take the sig/av right now. :lol:

I'm partial to the body bag angle, both teams pissed at themselves and looking to take it out on the other.
Tell me about it- with the way our D was covering and not tackling- my little bropther's Pop Warner team could have beaten them yesterday
Big Daddy
Elwood

Post by Big Daddy »

Tom In VA wrote:Good gravy BB. After yesterday's display of piss poor football, I'm inclined to just take the sig/av right now. :lol:

No freaking shit!

I couldn't have said it better myself. NOW, is when i hail to my sig (thanks to the late GDub), the skinned are getting no love from me this week :evil:
Originally Posted by GDub:

"The Skins might as well change their colors to pink and aqua marine, move the stadium to Dupont Circle, and change the logo to a fucking rainbow, because they're playing like a bunch of fags right now."

velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Using yesterday as any kind of indicator... the iggles should win. AT least they scored points. Tough to run smack after one's team is favored and then looks like 53 guys named Moe.

Ok, later in the week I'll run you poultry-fied knobgoblins with my invincible smack.

:mrgreen:

velocet
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

I see the Foreskins winning big, and I mean huge. They will do everything to disrupt McNabb and probably knock him out for the season. The Foreskin high power offense is simply unstoppable. There isn't a defense out there this year that can shut them down. Beware NFL, the Foreskins are coming to a town near you.

Skins 52
Eagles 6
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

I see a huge comeback for the Deadskins this week...why you ask?

because Drew Bledsoe is on a bye week and I have to start Brunell.

Rack the Deadskins!

Where's Lamar?
Big Daddy
Elwood

Post by Big Daddy »

DallasFanatic wrote:I see the Foreskins winning big, and I mean huge. They will do everything to disrupt McNabb and probably knock him out for the season. The Foreskin high power offense is simply unstoppable. There isn't a defense out there this year that can shut them down. Beware NFL, the Foreskins are coming to a town near you.

Skins 52
Eagles 6
I concur. :evil: and :pissed off:

"The Skins might as well change their colors to pink and aqua marine, move the stadium to Dupont Circle, and change the logo to a fucking rainbow, because they're playing like a bunch of fags right now."

BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

DallasFanatic wrote:. The Foreskin high power offense is simply unstoppable. There isn't a defense out there this year that can shut them down. Beware NFL, the Foreskins are coming to a town near you.

Skins 52
Eagles 6
Absolutely!

Sin,
Giants- 36
Skins- 0
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

BBMarley wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:. The Foreskin high power offense is simply unstoppable. There isn't a defense out there this year that can shut them down. Beware NFL, the Foreskins are coming to a town near you.

Skins 52
Eagles 6
Absolutely!

Sin,
Giants- 36
Skins- 0
hardy har har.

sincerely,

33-10
49-21
30+ points given up 3 of the last 4 games.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Dammit Skinfan, rise bitches!!!! RISE!!!! You are destined to be world champions and I'll be god dammed to watch you idiots parade in here as skeptical fucksticks regardng your teams success against the Seagulls. BD, get off your ass and talk some trash. Gwego, come on, wipe the sand out and bring some hard shit to Seagull fan.

You are dead in the water BB and jimbo. Mark my words that your team will be totally dominated by this powerhouse. Congrats on the victory Skinfan, this one is a lock.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

DallasFanatic wrote:Dammit Skinfan, rise bitches!!!! RISE!!!! You are destined to be world champions and I'll be god dammed to watch you idiots parade in here as skeptical fucksticks regardng your teams success against the Seagulls. BD, get off your ass and talk some trash. Gwego, come on, wipe the sand out and bring some hard shit to Seagull fan.

You are dead in the water BB and jimbo. Mark my words that your team will be totally dominated by this powerhouse. Congrats on the victory Skinfan, this one is a lock.
Since when did Cowboys fans begun sucking off Skins fans?
Solo
Elwood

Post by Solo »

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm <this is no time to indulge in sarcasm>
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I think if TO sits out than you might actually see a more balanced offense from the Eagles. McNabb has had tunnel vision this year.. much like he did a few years back.

Bottom line is if the Eagles get no pass rush against the Skins it'll be a long day again.

I think the Birds win a close one

24-21 with Akers booming a 40 yarder.
Big Daddy
Elwood

Post by Big Daddy »

BBMarley wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Dammit Skinfan, rise bitches!!!! RISE!!!! You are destined to be world champions and I'll be god dammed to watch you idiots parade in here as skeptical fucksticks regardng your teams success against the Seagulls. BD, get off your ass and talk some trash. Gwego, come on, wipe the sand out and bring some hard shit to Seagull fan.

Since when did Cowboys fans begun sucking off Skins fans?
Rack that Romey, that's some funny shit. :lol:

I'm taking mine to lose this week. The check cashers showed me nothing last week.

War taking one for the team.

Snooze Baton

Post by Snooze Baton »

jiminphilly wrote:I think.

Nigga please. Nice unbiased opinion. :roll: No TO... McNabb is hurt, they can't run, their D has been exposed and they're really banged up on that side of the ball. You better hope Samuels and Griffin can't play... maybe that will open up some rushing and passing lanes. If both see significant time it's going to be a blowout.

Skins 33
Eagles 13

Oh yeah... you know you lost your punter for the year, right? The dude they signed got released earlier in the year after averaging a mere 38 yards/kick... you really think Akers will kick? If so, I bet he shanks a couple because he's not fully healthy. Skins pwn the kicking match-up too. I really can't see where you team has an advantage. You know Arrington is almost fully healed too, right? Fuck you and your shit take. :lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Snooze Baton wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:I think.

Nigga please. Nice unbiased opinion. :roll: No TO... McNabb is hurt, they can't run, their D has been exposed and they're really banged up on that side of the ball. You better hope Samuels and Griffin can't play... maybe that will open up some rushing and passing lanes. If both see significant time it's going to be a blowout.

Skins 33
Eagles 13

Oh yeah... you know you lost your punter for the year, right? The dude they signed got released earlier in the year after averaging a mere 38 yards/kick... you really think Akers will kick? If so, I bet he shanks a couple because he's not fully healthy. Skins pwn the kicking match-up too. I really can't see where you team has an advantage. You know Arrington is almost fully healed too, right? Fuck you and your shit take. :lol:

Perhaps you missed this-
Bottom line is if the Eagles get no pass rush against the Skins it'll be a long day again.
..that's not an unbiased take?

The key to the Eagles defense has always been their ability to get a good pass rush. When they have to rely on the blitz to do that, they are in trouble. Their front four have to do a better job otherwise the Skins will have success. But I think a gut check will take place this week. The defense has a lot of veterans and I am willing to bet they'll be challenging each other to step up their games.

Much like the Ravens/Steelers regardless of the conditions of the teams, Skins and Eagles usually play a hard fought, down to the wire game. The Skins don't have the running game the Broncos so Portis may run for 100 but it'll take 30 carries for him to do it.

Akers won't be kicking off and with the signing of Cortez the Eagles only need Akers to kick field goals. Cortez was decent enough to carry the Eagles a few more weeks so the fact that Akers is back now indicates he's ok to kick field goals. Considering the Eagles special teams coverage has been excellent the past few weeks they won't ask much of this new guy in terms of directional kicking. Is it a concern? Yes but not as much as you think.

The Skins looked like shit against the Giants so don't tell me about this vaunted Skins offense when Brunell didn't even throw for 100 yards. Fact is both teams just got their asses handed to them the prior week and it'll be interesting to see which team bounces back. Under Andy Reid the Eagles typically come out strong after an ass-kicking.

When the Eagles did run the ball against the Broncos they managed to move the ball effectively. IF TO sits (and don't count him out from playing at the last minute) it'll force McNabb to spread the ball around. Last I checked, Westbrook is healty and, if anything, been underused. I think he'll have a big game.

As for your boy, Lavar, he is the most undisciplined LB in football. If you think they were sitting him because of his health, you're a bigger idiot than I thought.
Snooze Baton

Post by Snooze Baton »

jiminphilly wrote:Their front four have to do a better job otherwise the Skins will have success.
Their front 4 has been dominating in the past because they've been able to rotate 6-7fresh guys throughout the game... I think they've got 3 guys on the D line who are healthy.
jiminphilly wrote:But I think a gut check will take place this week. The defense has a lot of veterans and I am willing to bet they'll be challenging each other to step up their games.
Dude... they're hurt. You can't "step up" your game from the sidelines.
They already lost McDougle and Grasmanis for the season. Kalu is hurt, Kearse is hurt, and Rayburn is hurt.

Not to mention Shepard and Trotter are both hurting as well. Too many injuries to overcome. Teams are jumping on them early. An already weak running team becomes totally one dimensional.

One week Sig Bet on the game, Mr Unbiased?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Snooze Baton wrote: One week Sig Bet on the game, Mr Unbiased?
I don't make sig bets with trolls.
Snooze Baton

Post by Snooze Baton »

So be it... I'll spit on your face and shit in mouth on Monday, regardless.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Thats what I'm talking about Snooze. Some of that real hard core gangsta trash talkin. Nigga this and nigga that. You are an excellent addition to the Skin contingent on this board.

KICK ASS SKINS....you are the team to beat.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Both teams healthy and at full strength, I like Philly. The way they enter this weekends game, I'll take the Foreskins.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

skins playing at home. so they'll win.

that's it. forget all the defensive rankings, breakdowns, and matchups. last week, i tried that route and it didnt mean squat.

so, the only measuring stick i can gauge the skins by is how they play at home vs on the road. their only road win was that squeeker down in dallas where they were outplayed for 56 minutes and won anyway. they followed that up with 2 road games in which they racked up some nice stats and outplayed their opponents....except for those turnovers and a few big plays out of nowhere from the other team. then they ran into a determined giants team last week in NY and looked like garbage (9 dropped balls???? NINE?!?!).

so, the only consistent factor is that they struggle on the road. so far in three games this year, they have beaten the bears, seahawks and niners. they also dont turn the ball over at home- unlike their away games where they play like the balls covered in crisco. no sure what the stats are, but they probably cough it up 4 times per road game as opposed to about once per home game.

so, if they can convice tagliabue to let them play all of their remaining games at home, they will finish 13-3.

as for this weekend, skins win, eagles struggle... 24-13.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Eagles have heard enough: Owens suspended indefinitely

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Philadelphia Eagles controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens has reportedly been suspended indefinitely due to conduct deemed detrimental to the team.

Owens has also been battling a severely sprained ankle, which put his availability for this week's game in jeopardy. However, after missing Wednesday's practice, Owens was upgraded from doubtful to questionable and it appeared he would be ready to go.

According to 610 WIP in Philadelphia, though, head coach Andy Reid decided to suspend the enigmatic wideout for numerous comments he has made about the organization this week.

The radio station, however, did not report how many games Owens would miss, but it is certain that he will not play in Sunday night's key divisional contest against Washington.

Earlier in the week, Owens made comments about how the organization "lacked class" after not recognizing the fact that he caught his 100th career touchdown pass in an October 23 game against San Diego. Owens also claimed that the team's comment of allegedly forgetting about the milestone touchdown was a "blatant lie" and it insulted the receiver.

Philadelphia does not typically honor individual achievements on the scoreboard or stop the game to celebrate an accomplishment.

Then, in the same interview, Owens addressed the team's quarterback situation and stated that the Eagles would have a better record and even perhaps be undefeated if All Pro Brett Favre was under center opposed to Donovan McNabb.

However, on Friday, Owens delivered a written apology for his remarks.

"I've had the opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization, and I have learned the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens uttered. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

Owens also took back the comments about McNabb, saying that if the All Pro was not injured the team would have a better record. As of Friday afternoon, though, Owens still had not spoken with McNabb about the comment.

This marks a string of incidents with Owens this season that began back in the offseason when the Pro Bowl wideout traded barbs through the media with McNabb and spoke of a desire to renegotiate his contract.

Owens, who hired well-known agent Drew Rosenhaus in the offseason, threatened to holdout of training camp if he did not get a new deal, but the Chattanooga product ultimately reported on time and avoided a hefty fine.

The 31-year-old Owens had finished just one season into a seven-year, $49 million contract he signed upon his acquisition by Philadelphia last year, but believed that he had already outplayed that deal. The Eagles, though, do not renegotiate contracts until a deal is played out and refused to accommodate Owens.

After reporting, Owens was then thrown out of training camp by Reid after getting into an argument with the head coach, and the team suspension lasted one week.

Last year, in his first season with Philadelphia, Owens had a sensational campaign. Despite breaking his right leg in December, Owens recovered quickly and played in Super Bowl XXXIX, which the Eagles lost to New England. He caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns during the regular season, then hauled in nine passes for 122 yards in the Super Bowl.

Owens played his first eight seasons in the NFL for San Francisco, but got into a contract squabble with the 49ers, who tried to deal him to Baltimore. That trade was rescinded after Owens refused to play for the Ravens and the Eagles worked out a deal soon after.

On the season, Owens has 47 receptions for 763 yards and six touchdowns.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:Eagles have heard enough: Owens suspended indefinitely
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Horrible damn call.... That was a catch
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Hail to the Redskins!

WAR Eagles circling the drain. :lol:
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

hell, yeah. i'll take it.

hows the basement of the NFC east, eagle fan?
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:Hail to the Redskins!

WAR Eagles circling the drain. :lol:
I was disappointed that Gregg Williams didn't call more blitzes up the middle,
'cause it was effective when it was tried.
I would'nt have minded a measure of revenge for that "Body Bags" game.
(Yeah, I'll always hate the Iggles for that one. Almost as much as hating Dallas). :twisted:

RACK the 'Skins!
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)