Holy crap but LSU lucked out...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Holy crap but LSU lucked out...

Post by Van »

Five missed field goals, including one that would've been the game winner and another that ended the game in O.T...

Auburn's kicker might be the only football player in the entire SEC who couldn't get laid tonight. That dude needs to Donnie Moore right now and save his future fuck up kids the ignominy.

Btw, that bail out by Bowe on LSU's final fourth quarter drive? Was that the most blatant example of Alligator Arms we've seen in CF this season??

I wasn't really rooting for either team much as I was flipping back and forth between the Auburn/LSU game and the last two innings of the World Series game but once I saw Bowe puss out like that I immediately began rooting for Auburn...

Gotta feel for Auburn's pain tonight. I just fucking hate kickers. No way those Auburn linemen and that RB who called his shot with the 200 yard rushing game should see all their efforts wasted by some clown who washed out in soccer.

Swear to god, I'd be all in favor of the complete elimination of field goals and extra points in football. No way those kickers should have so much bearing on the game's outcome when they're not even real football players...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

USC's kicker was lights out today. :roll:

Would love to see the kicker position eliminated from the game.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I can't feel sorry for linemen who kept getting false starts called on them.

The kicker didn't fall down chasing Skyler Greene on the punt return, and the kickers didn't drop any passes.

Kenny Irons had been considered in fall practice as a starter but wasn't blocking well so they moved him to 3rd string. Go figure.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Re: Holy crap but LSU lucked out...

Post by Degenerate »

Van wrote: Swear to god, I'd be all in favor of the complete elimination of field goals and extra points in football. No way those kickers should have so much bearing on the game's outcome when they're not even real football players...
Offenses that can't punch it in the end zone have more of a bearing on the outcome than kickers do.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

True, which is why it shouldn't come down to kickers.

It should come down to the guys carrying the heavy loads, the every down players.

An offensive lineman is called on to do his job every offensive play of the game. When he does his job he simply moves on to the next play, and on every play he's matched against an opponent who's physically attempting to beat him, one on one. (Or even two on one...)

Kickers? They hit one chippie field goal and they're the hero!!??

That's bullshit. Even more bullshit is the fact that their failure on the one play in which they're called in to do their job can negate all the hard work put in by all the real players on both sides of the ball.

Just take place kicking out of the game. It all feels too much like luck when the outcome comes down to a kicker. The whole stadium just sits there and prays either for or against wide right and this notion goes against the grain of everything else that happens during the game.

Football is a team game. One squad against another. Offense, defense and special teams, eleven on eleven.

It should never come down to one guy on an island.

Just my two cents.

socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Don't the French have a wing in the Louvre dedicated to Garo Yepremium?
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Doesn't matter.

As long as the snapper and holder do their jobs (which is the case 99% of the time) the rest of the guys on the field are almost always pure window dressing. At that point it comes down to whether or not the kicker does his job and nothing anybody can do will prevent that kicker from either shanking it or drilling it.

Dunno 'bout you but rather than sit there and hope the ball either flies straight and true or veers off to one side (with your team having no ability to effect either possibility) I'd much rather see the offenses and defenses have to settle it themselves.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:Doesn't matter.

As long as the snapper and holder do their jobs (which is the case 99% of the time) the rest of the guys on the field are almost always pure window dressing. At that point it comes down to whether or not the kicker does his job and nothing anybody can do will prevent that kicker from either shanking it or drilling it.
Wrong.

Sin
The Hapless Chargers
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

This thread is about a kicker and has made it past the first post. What the fuck is wrong with this forum? Unless it's Adam Vinitieri or David Akers, nobody cares.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.