"For service, speak English"

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Bobby42
Natural Man

"For service, speak English"

Post by Bobby42 »

Rack the local businessman for refusing to bow down to reverse-assimilation. Right? However, the OCRC ruled otherwise.

A possible remedy: businesses operating within a specific cultural region and providing a service to the public must at least be accommodating to those ethnic groups living within said region. Not the perfect solution, but business is business. Either you're there to make money or you're gonna close up.
Bar’s ‘Speak English’ sign illegal, panel says
Saturday, October 08, 2005

(AP)The Ohio Civil Rights Commission has ruled that a sign in the window of a southwestern Ohio tavern declaring, "For service, speak English," is discriminatory.

The panel said Thursday that the Pleasure Inn on Rt. 42 in Mason, northeast of Cincinnati, violated Ohio civil-rights law.

Commission spokeswoman Christia Alou White said the tavern could be ordered to remove the sign, to pay for advertisements about nondiscrimination, and its staff could be ordered to undergo diversity training or cultural-sensitivity training.

The business has 10 days to ask the commission to reconsider. The tavern owner’s lawyer declined to comment.

Ohio law says it is unlawful for any proprietor of a place of public accommodation to deny the full enjoyment of the accommodations based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or ancestry.

The commission said the English-only rule serves no purpose other than to discriminate against non-Englishspeaking individuals.

Housing Opportunities Made Equal, an agency that handles fair-housing issues for eight counties, including Warren, where the tavern is located, filed a complaint in July after callers complained.

"I really think it’s an affront to Hispanic families in the area, and I’m glad that the commission agreed that it’s illegal discrimination," said Elizabeth Brown, the group’s executive director.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Bullshit. Look, I'm all for people from other countries coming over here to take out our trash, dig our ditches, and coach our youth soccer teams and all, but honestly... if they're not willing to learn the language, then they need to be prepared to face and deal with the barriers that their ignorance erected.

Also, what's to stop them from walking their check and pulling a Sosa, acting like they don't speak or understand English all of a sudden... Is it discrimination if you take a bat to their legs for walking their tab or is it "good business?"

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

I wonder if they'd go for signs with a picture of Samuel Jackson as Jules and the words:

"ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER. DO YOU SPEAK IT?"

:twisted:

:lol:
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I'm sure a place like the "Pleasure Inn" in Southwest Ohio is all about the PC.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Actually no- its not discrimatory.

Inability to speak language is not a protected class. National Origin is- and if he put up a sign that said "For service, Be from America"- that would be.

This liberal clap-trap bullshit is getting ridiculous. Why do I need to choose between languages on my local ATM? I understand if I live in Texas and you have alot of people coming over the line to visit- but I live in Delaware. If you want to live here- learn to speak the fucking language!!!!!

Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

THEY TOOK ERRRRR JOOOOOOOOOOBS!!!

Speak American !!!

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:This liberal clap-trap bullshit is getting ridiculous.
Liberal???

Who the fuck do you think is hiring and facilitating the movement of illegals into this country? Who do you think benefits from their continued status of economic and cultural limbo?
The Ohio Civil Rights Commission has ruled that a sign in the window of a southwestern Ohio tavern declaring, "For service, speak English," is discriminatory.
Here's a clue for ya. Ohio ain't no blue state. So take your "liberal clap trap" and your Sean Hannity phrase of the day book and shove it up your ass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I came from a largely Italian/American
neighborhood (Syracuse's North Side) and
many of my friend's parents spoke Italian in
their homes--- but they all spoke English in
public !!
My Dad and Grandmother would speak in German
only if they didn't want us to know what they were
saying---- that was annoying enough to me !
I asked my Dad to teach me and he said no--
that we were Americans and that was that !!
Spanish speaking families should follow suit soon !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:This liberal clap-trap bullshit is getting ridiculous.
Liberal???
BSmack wrote:Who the fuck do you think is hiring and facilitating the movement of illegals into this country? Who do you think benefits from their continued status of economic and cultural limbo?
Very true- but they don't give two shits if they can't speak English and function. The ACLU and groups like that are the ones that feel we need to accomodate people who move to our country and have no desire to assimilate to our society. If you have no desire to learn out language and funtcion in our society- get the fuck out.
BSmack wrote:The Ohio Civil Rights Commission has ruled that a sign in the window of a southwestern Ohio tavern declaring, "For service, speak English," is discriminatory

Here's a clue for ya. Ohio ain't no blue state. So take your "liberal clap trap" and your Sean Hannity phrase of the day book and shove it up your ass.
One- I can't fucking stand Hannity... Just becasue I can't stand the pussification of our nation- doesn't mean I'm a republican moron.

Two- Ohio may be a red state- but you don't think this is a liberal issue? See above- the ACLU and groups like that are repsonsible for this. As I stated- The Fair Pracitces act protects certain groups- While National Origin is protected- what langauge you speak isn't. No ones civil rights have been vioalted- if they don't want to learn the language of the counrty they live in- we shouldn't have to cater to them.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:One- I can't fucking stand Hannity... Just becasue I can't stand the pussification of our nation- doesn't mean I'm a republican moron.

Two- Ohio may be a red state- but you don't think this is a liberal issue? See above- the ACLU and groups like that are repsonsible for this. As I stated- The Fair Pracitces act protects certain groups- While National Origin is protected- what langauge you speak isn't. No ones civil rights have been vioalted- if they don't want to learn the language of the counrty they live in- we shouldn't have to cater to them.
I'm not sure how the Ohio law is written and I doubt you are either. As for the ACLU, they also have defended the rights of Nazis and Klansmen to publicly demonstrate. Does this make them racist? The ACLU is a more Libertarian in nature than anything. I cannot deny that there are groups within the Democratic party that are working for a more inclusive society. Is that a bad thing? Would it be horrible if your children had to learn Spanish and were more marketable in the world job market?

If I were that bar I would take down the sign and replace it with an INS shield.

Because it is illegals we're worried about. Right?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:One- I can't fucking stand Hannity... Just becasue I can't stand the pussification of our nation- doesn't mean I'm a republican moron.

I'm not sure how the Ohio law is written and I doubt you are either. As for the ACLU, they also have defended the rights of Nazis and Klansmen to publicly demonstrate. Does this make them racist? The ACLU is a more Libertarian in nature than anything. I cannot deny that there are groups within the Democratic party that are working for a more inclusive society. Is that a bad thing? Would it be horrible if your children had to learn Spanish and were more marketable in the world job market?

If I were that bar I would take down the sign and replace it with an INS shield.

Because it is illegals we're worried about. Right?
The National Fair practices acts prohibits discrimation on Protected classes. Inability speak a language is not a portected class- nuff said.

Are those same groups requiring the people who move hear to learn the language?

As far as my children- no- it would not be horrible to learn Spanish, Japanese, etc... as a second laguage. But you can be sure as shit that if we move to Spain or Italy or Turkey- she will learn the language native to the country she is living in.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:The National Fair practices acts prohibits discrimation on Protected classes. Inability speak a language is not a portected class- nuff said.
Still having trouble with the difference between Federal and State law?

You do realize that state laws can, and have, added more protected classes?
When are you going to?
As far as my children- no- it would not be horrible to learn Spanish, Japanese, etc... as a second laguage. But you can be sure as shit that if we move to Spain or Italy or Turkey- she will learn the language native to the country she is living in.
That is a wise idea. I'm sure had there been English language programs in place in Mexico, that most illegals would have taken advantage of them.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

There’s a two-fold situation here. Business owners who wake up one day and find themselves stuck in the middle of unfamiliar cliental will soon come to know they will need to adjust in order to sustain their businesses. Or, they can move away and set up shop elsewhere. Summarily, as an example: you won’t see too many country/western patrons going to a C&W establishment in a black or Latino neighborhood.

Reverse-assimilation is here and there’s nothing you can do about it. Twenty years ago at work I attended a Cultural Diversity group session. The term was pretty new back then in central-Ohio, but was already a buzz-term in So Cal. When the instructor suggested it would be beneficial for our children to learn a second language many of the replies where typically:“That’s bullshit. If you want to live in this country then you better speak English.”

Today, successful people in business are able to bridge the language gaps in society. The real winners are those who can speak the Asian languages as there’s a huge trade interest between our countries. If your child can speak a different language other than English, then you did a good thing.

Locally, if you’re a business owner it’s simply a question of survival and personal prosperity. The mom and pop generation-owned corner stores are long gone. They’re not coming back. We deserted those venues and the other establishments that were once a part of our communities. Shit, we fled to the suburbs and created shopping malls. The immigrants have claimed the things we have left behind. Rack them their chance for the American Dream.

Now you can go on and curse the darkness of your short-sightedness, or you could look at this as an opportunity. You can compete or isolate yourself. And, if you choose the latter…before long; where can you go?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:The National Fair practices acts prohibits discrimation on Protected classes. Inability speak a language is not a portected class- nuff said.
Still having trouble with the difference between Federal and State law?

You do realize that state laws can, and have, added more protected classes?
When are you going to?
That is a wise idea. I'm sure had there been English language programs in place in Mexico, that most illegals would have taken advantage of them.
True- but if you learn to read- the article states specifcally it is being addressed under the "National Origin" heading- which is BS.

As far as the illegals learning English- fine- they couldn't learn it before they jumped the border- but learn it now. there are tons of adult education classes that teach english as a second language. The problem is- they don't want to. They live in their own communities where everyone speaks their language, and point at things in stores when they go outside of it...

Oh yeah- and spelling smack- real fresh... :roll:
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Bobby42 wrote:There’s a two-fold situation here. Business owners who wake up one day and find themselves stuck in the middle of unfamiliar cliental will soon come to know they will need to adjust in order to sustain their businesses. Or, they can move away and set up shop elsewhere. Summarily, as an example: you won’t see too many country/western patrons going to a C&W establishment in a black or Latino neighborhood.

Reverse-assimilation is here and there’s nothing you can do about it. Twenty years ago at work I attended a Cultural Diversity group session. The term was pretty new back then in central-Ohio, but was already a buzz-term in So Cal. When the instructor suggested it would be beneficial for our children to learn a second language many of the replies where typically:“That’s bullshit. If you want to live in this country then you better speak English.”

Today, successful people in business are able to bridge the language gaps in society. The real winners are those who can speak the Asian languages as there’s a huge trade interest between our countries. If your child can speak a different language other than English, then you did a good thing.

Locally, if you’re a business owner it’s simply a question of survival and personal prosperity. The mom and pop generation-owned corner stores are long gone. They’re not coming back. We deserted those venues and the other establishments that were once a part of our communities. Shit, we fled to the suburbs and created shopping malls. The immigrants have claimed the things we have left behind. Rack them their chance for the American Dream.

Now you can go on and curse the darkness of your short-sightedness, or you could look at this as an opportunity. You can compete or isolate yourself. And, if you choose the latter…before long; where can you go?
Bobby- I agree whole heartedly with what you're saying. As a business man- I would accomdate almost anyone because the money is most important. My problem is the refusal of people who move here to learn the language and function in our everyday society.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:True- but if you learn to read- the article states specifcally it is being addressed under the "National Origin" heading- which is BS.
It is not BS if when the OCRC went to investigate the sign, the owner of the bar said it was put there with the intent to discourage people of a certain ethnic background from patronizing his business.
As far as the illegals learning English- fine- they couldn't learn it before they jumped the border- but learn it now. there are tons of adult education classes that teach english as a second language. The problem is- they don't want to. They live in their own communities where everyone speaks their language, and point at things in stores when they go outside of it...
There are tons of adult education programs that illegals are not exactly well informed about. See this example.

http://www.local6.com/news/5035317/detail.html

This guy is going to be deported because he went through the trouble of faking his ID to enroll in an American school.

Of course he would have been eligible for county adult education courses. Had he only known, he probably would still be in the country illegally.
Oh yeah- and spelling smack- real fresh... :roll:
It is when you're calling out others for not knowing the language.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:True- but if you learn to read- the article states specifcally it is being addressed under the "National Origin" heading- which is BS.
It is not BS if when the OCRC went to investigate the sign, the owner of the bar said it was put there with the intent to discourage people of a certain ethnic background from patronizing his business.
Where does it say that? It seems to me that the OCRC made that statement- but nowhere does it say the person said this. They assumed that was the intent of the sign and ruled on it. Under the LAW- they were wrong- this can definitley be appealed.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:Where does it say that? It seems to me that the OCRC made that statement- but nowhere does it say the person said this. They assumed that was the intent of the sign and ruled on it. Under the LAW- they were wrong- this can definitley be appealed.
It is called COMMON SENSE. You want to prove me wrong? Get the full text of the decision and the reasoning behind it. Until then, you’re just pissing up a rope about their motives and rationale.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:I'm not sure how the Ohio law is written and I doubt you are either. As for the ACLU, they also have defended the rights of Nazis and Klansmen to publicly demonstrate. Does this make them racist? The ACLU is a more Libertarian in nature than anything. I cannot deny that there are groups within the Democratic party that are working for a more inclusive society. Is that a bad thing? Would it be horrible if your children had to learn Spanish and were more marketable in the world job market?
Are you insinuating that the Nazis and Klan are conservative? The national SOCIALISTS were anything but. As for the klan, they are just racist losers. I am sure there are plenty on both sides of the isle.

The more you try to paint conservatives as klansmen or nazis, the worse you KYOA.

And yes, the ACLU is an extremely liberal organization. When was the last time they stood up for 2nd amendment or anti-abortion rights? Try never.

This is nothing more than PC run amok. If it was a hospital or the post office or maybe a grocery store, I'd be a little more understanding about somebody's issue with the sign. But, it is a fukking bar. You do not have the constitutional right to go in there and order a cerveza. The bar owner does not have the obligation to learn espanol or to see that his employees do. Given that, why put him at the risk of having Julio walk out without paying because he wasn't happy with his service cause nobody could figure out what the fukk he ordered.

And yes, it would be horrible if my children HAD to learn spanish. I tell my daughter ever fukkin' day that she is a maroon for taking frech 2 and latin rather than espanol, her freshman year. But, since when did they ever listen?
Last edited by smackaholic on Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote: That is a wise idea. I'm sure had there been English language programs in place in Mexico, that most illegals would have taken advantage of them.
There were. There are now more english classes for foriegners here than you can count. They just need to go find them. But they won't cause assholes like the ACLU see to it that there is no need to.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:Where does it say that? It seems to me that the OCRC made that statement- but nowhere does it say the person said this. They assumed that was the intent of the sign and ruled on it. Under the LAW- they were wrong- this can definitley be appealed.
It is called COMMON SENSE. You want to prove me wrong? Get the full text of the decision and the reasoning behind it. Until then, you’re just pissing up a rope about their motives and rationale.
Actually- you're thinking is backwards. When the article clearly states that the commison said the only reason for the sign is that is serves no purpose other than to discriminate against non-Englishspeaking individuals- It means they passed judgement on that fact- not from the fact that the shopowner said "I don't want them to serve them damn mexicans...". So- based one the aritcle & the argument you are making- YOU get the dialogue and prove me wrong. Until then- point stands as this- they passed judgement saying that not serving people who don't speak English is a violation of the FPA based on natioanl origin... but all that signs shows is an unwillingness to serve anyone who doesn't English. Doesn't PROVE he has a thing against forgieners. It could just mean he has no tolerance for people who refuse to learn the language. He appeals- he wins...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

It means either, he is tired of fer'ners who WONT learn english or he does not speak another language and does not want the hassle of trying to serve someone he may not be able to communicate with.

Neither of these are against the law.
Raoul Duke
Martyr

Post by Raoul Duke »

BBMarley wrote:The ACLU and groups like that are the ones that feel we need to accomodate people who move to our country and have no desire to assimilate to our society.
Heres my question. Why is the American Civil Liberties Union not backing an American, but instead backing someone who is not an American?
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Because civil rights are not awarded after a period of 'long service' in a country, like some gold watch or something.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

UPDATE:

Satire or subterfuge.
Bar owner insists he’ll keep ‘Speak English’ sign
Sunday, October 09, 2005

MASON, Ohio (AP) — A tavern owner vows that he won’t take down a window sign that declares, "For Service, Speak English."

The Ohio Civil Rights Commission ruled Thursday that the sign at the Pleasure Inn violates state discrimination laws and creates an affront to Hispanics.

But tavern owner Tom Ullum said the sign is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

"We get Mexicans in here all the time, and I don’t discriminate," said Ullum, who has owned the tavern for 21 years.

The commission said the English-only rule serves only to discriminate against non-Englishspeaking individuals.

Ullum could be ordered to pay for ads about nondiscrimination, and his staff could be ordered to undergo diversity or cultural-sensitivity training.

Ullum is reviewing the issue with his attorney and has nine days to ask the commission to reconsider. If he does, the commission will hold a hearing on Oct. 27 at Cincinnati City Hall.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Bobby42 wrote:UPDATE:

Satire or subterfuge.
Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Ohio Civil Rights Commission ruled Thursday that the sign at the Pleasure Inn violates state discrimination laws and creates an affront to Hispanics.

"We get Mexicans in here all the time, and I don’t discriminate," said Ullum, who has owned the tavern for 21 years.
I guess this blows B-Smacked's theory of him telling the OCRC that he hates those greasy wetback mexicans and that's why he put the sign up... :roll: Shit head... and in the effort to be PC- La Cabeza de la mierda.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:

Satire or subterfuge.
Sunday, October 09, 2005

I guess this blows B-Smacked's theory of him telling the OCRC that he hates those greasy wetback mexicans and that's why he put the sign up... :roll: Shit head... and in the effort to be PC- La Cabeza de la mierda.
I'm sure you never heard of spin?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:

Satire or subterfuge.
Oh- of course.. it HAS to be spin... its not possible that the guy actually just thinks the sign is funny, but doesn't refuse anyone service? My wife is Cuban- and I bought her a "Cigars rolled here" sign as a joke- but of course that's not possible. It has to have some deeper meaning like I am prejudice against all Cubans and only want them if the can roll cigars for me, right? The OCRC is WAY off base with this...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:
BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote: I guess this blows B-Smacked's theory of him telling the OCRC that he hates those greasy wetback mexicans and that's why he put the sign up... :roll: Shit head... and in the effort to be PC- La Cabeza de la mierda.
Oh- of course.. it HAS to be spin... its not possible that the guy actually just thinks the sign is funny, but doesn't refuse anyone service? My wife is Cuban- and I bought her a "Cigars rolled here" sign as a joke- but of course that's not possible. It has to have some deeper meaning like I am prejudice against all Cubans and only want them if the can roll cigars for me, right? The OCRC is WAY off base with this...
Yea, all those Republican political appointees are just trying to destroy this guy's business for no reason.

:roll:
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
BSmack wrote: I'm sure you never heard of spin?
Yea, all those Republican political appointees are just trying to destroy this guy's business for no reason.

Its not political jackass (asno del gato)... its a result of our overly P/C society. Some things are just as they appear...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:Its not political jackass (asno del gato)...
Ass and a cat?

How about you leave your sex life out of this?
its a result of our overly P/C society. Some things are just as they appear...
Never read much history eh?

sin

Irish Need Not Apply
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:Its not political jackass (asno del gato)...
Ass and a cat?

How about you leave your sex life out of this?
its a result of our overly P/C society. Some things are just as they appear...
Never read much history eh?

sin

Irish Need Not Apply
Yeah- and we used to have slavery in this country as well... This is not the same thing. He didn't refuse to serve the mexicans because they are mexicans. If he had a sign that said "No mexcians welcome" and refused to serve them- I would completely agree with the OCRC. But that is NOT what happened- there is no proof the guy ever refused service, he has a varied client base and put up a sign as a joke. Just because a couple people get offended- the OCRC says the guy is going to have to pay for Anti-deformation adds and pay for sensitivity training for his employees? The sign dosen't mean shit and to pass this judgement on that alone is ridiculous. Once again- its a result of the overly PC society...
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
BSmack wrote: I'm sure you never heard of spin?

Clinton hold overs
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

upstart wrote:
Clinton hold overs
Actaully- I googled the OCRC- most were appointed by the current govenor (who is republican), 2 were from the prior govenor... Here's the info-

[web]http://crc.ohio.gov/commission_members.htm[/web]
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:
upstart wrote:
Clinton hold overs
Actaully- I googled the OCRC- most were appointed by the current govenor (who is republican), 2 were from the prior govenor... Here's the info-
Who is also a Republican.

Which was my original point all along. This is hardly a liberal conspiracy. Now I'm not sure about the Republicans you've met, but the ones I know aren't exactly anti-business in any sense of the word. They would rather blow a hippy before shutting down a business. So for a bunch of Republicans to be giving this business a slap on the wrist... well that tells me something else was afoot here
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
upstart wrote:
Clinton hold overs
Who is also a Republican.

Which was my original point all along. This is hardly a liberal conspiracy. Now I'm not sure about the Republicans you've met, but the ones I know aren't exactly anti-business in any sense of the word. They would rather blow a hippy before shutting down a business. So for a bunch of Republicans to be giving this business a slap on the wrist... well that tells me something else was afoot here
Again- THIS IS NOT POLITICAL & NOT A CONSPIRACY! Learn to read fuck wad.... Our society as a whole has become too P/C. That's my point... The guy has not broken any laws and the OCRC went over board on this.. When I said liberal- I didn't mean it politcally- I meant the watered down, feel good people that exist in this country. They can be Democrat or republican, man or woman..
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:Again- THIS IS NOT POLITICAL & NOT A CONSPIRACY! Learn to read fuck wad.... Our society as a whole has become too P/C. That's my point... The guy has not broken any laws and the OCRC went over board on this.. When I said liberal- I didn't mean it politcally- I meant the watered down, feel good people that exist in this country. They can be Democrat or republican, man or woman..
What's wrong with feeling good?

That's right, you're a Philadelphia sports fan. Never mind.

Anyway, even though you call this a ticky tack foul, he did break a law. Or at least that is the determination that the OCRC made. I personaly think you might want to wait until some more facts come out. I guarantee there is more to the picture than what the media is letting you see.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

BSmack wrote:
BBMarley wrote:Again- THIS IS NOT POLITICAL & NOT A CONSPIRACY! Learn to read fuck wad.... Our society as a whole has become too P/C. That's my point... The guy has not broken any laws and the OCRC went over board on this.. When I said liberal- I didn't mean it politcally- I meant the watered down, feel good people that exist in this country. They can be Democrat or republican, man or woman..
What's wrong with feeling good?

That's right, you're a Philadelphia sports fan. Never mind.

Anyway, even though you call this a ticky tack foul, he did break a law. Or at least that is the determination that the OCRC made. I personaly think you might want to wait until some more facts come out. I guarantee there is more to the picture than what the media is letting you see.
Its not ticky tacky.... A sign that says "For service: speak English" is not enough to say you're denying anything to anyone based on National Origin. As Bobby said- it is very bad buisness, but not illegal. By LAW- if you are not under a protected class- you cannot claim a civil rights violation. That is clear cut- they stretched to slide this into that heading- but it is not.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

fuck 'em
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BBMarley wrote:Its not ticky tacky.... A sign that says "For service: speak English" is not enough to say you're denying anything to anyone based on National Origin.
If it is done as a response to immigrants from a particular country, yes it is.
As Bobby said- it is very bad buisness, but not illegal. By LAW- if you are not under a protected class- you cannot claim a civil rights violation. That is clear cut- they stretched to slide this into that heading- but it is not.
Last I checked, we are ALL a protected class. Read a Constitution someday.