RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

U2 Tour Info:

Post by Buried_Nick »

[font=Tahoma][Not really a music forum thread, so....]

http://www.u2.com/tourinfo/

The company has rigged it so you can get online this tue. for an internet presale through ticketmaster. You need to be a U2.com member, then you get a special coded e-mail. Then you use that code to log on thie Tue. morn at 10:00 to buy up to two tickets per, at your site. They said that, "U2 has secured "SOME" of the best seats "AVAILABLE" for this pre-sale."

What that says is, you'll be sitting mostly in the middle sections to the rear sections. I'd never trust this crap to be in the front areas of an arena. Why would they allow that shit? I'll just wait til the general sales, and go camp out at my Ticketmaster a few miles down the road.

This should be a HUGE event, peeps. Their new Disc is f-ing awsome.[/font]
Trollfessor
Mary Ann tried harder, Ginger was better

Post by Trollfessor »

Moved to music forum in 5...4...3...

:roll:
Toddowen wrote:I'll be worth 56 points in '07. 66, if you can predict the cause for my death.
I Drink Alot
Fuckin' Noob

Post by I Drink Alot »

They will probably charge $150 bucks a ticket. Fuckers
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

First and foremost.

RACK THE FUCK OUT OF MSUFAN. Good looking out and thanks so much for the heads up.

My wife has been bugging me for YEARS about getting to a U2 concert. Last time they came around, I forgot and well I've caught a lot of shit for it.

Anyway. So Saturday we shell out $40 for the u2 fan club.

Today, I login, and nothing @10:00 when the shit was supposed to start.

Do some work shit, come back, "Bad Gateway" errors.

Finally I get in.

Try to get some good seats. No go.

Leave everything at "best available". I'm in.

There's three pages with TIME LIMITS, I have to fill out.

Got shitty seats, but we're in.

Thanks again MSUFAN.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Be prepared for lots of liberal rants from Bono and company. When I went to see them in 92, it ended up pretty much being a rally for the Donkeys.
Donovan
Big In Japan

Post by Donovan »

Donkeys? Did you go see them in Tijuana?
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Donkeys=Democrats symbol :)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A U2 concert sounds like fun!

Sincerely,
the 80s

All kidding aside...they're past their prime. They are making total fools of themselves yet but they aren't as cool as they were back in the Joshua Tree days.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Thank you, music snob...

Are you one of those guys that likes music than no one else has heard of? I've got better music taste than most guys my age. Atleast I'm not into that New Age crap or Soft Rock or whatever else they play in elevators.

:lol:

8)
patsy stone
sweetie dahling

Post by patsy stone »

I read in the most current Rolling Stone that most of the tour was going to be cancelled due to a "family illness". True? Not? Do I really care? Nope. Just sayin' I guess...
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I'm not sure the time it took between the interview or press release about the family illness and the publishing of the most current Rolling Stone, but I'd reckon it didn't happen in the past several days. They sold tickets to Philly show, I'm assuming that one isn't one they're cancelling.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

The tour was supposed to start first week of March in Miami, but for unknown reasons, it was postponed and now starts in SD.

You can't find a soon to be closing auction on ebay for tix for anything less than $300 or $400 bucks.

Funny story (unless your my exwife). Back during the Zoo TV tour, as a b-day gift for me, she bought 2 tix for us to go see them at Anaheim Stadium. But, she thought she would be the "good friend" and decided to let one of her good girlfriends go with me instead. Why I have no clue, but that's how she wanted it. Not only did she eventually accuse me of sleeping with her friend that night, but she ultimately (and still to this day) regrets doing what she did.

Hence the tag "ex" before wife.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Tom In VA wrote:Thank you, music snob...

Are you one of those guys that likes music than no one else has heard of? I've got better music taste than most guys my age. Atleast I'm not into that New Age crap or Soft Rock or whatever else they play in elevators.

:lol:

8)

I'm going to assume that was for me...you rat bastard! :lol:

I still like U2 but not enough to see them live now.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i thnk the "edge" has a child who is ill. possibly fatal. i could give a less than seeing U2.....but i think it's untoward to bash them for it.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Eddie Adams
Elwood

Post by Eddie Adams »

I thought the link said U2 will continue to offer all floor tickets as general addmission. $49.00 was the price that was quoted. Is this true?
I also heard on the radio that decent RESERVED seats were at around $165.00 american - face value. Anyone?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Yes.

When I finally got into the site I tried the 160 tickets. There were none left. Then I tried the next level, don't recall but a good guess would be @90-80.

No love at all there either.

Finally I said "Best Available" in the drop down and figured I should take what I could get. Landed the 49 dollar tickets.
Eddie Adams
Elwood

Post by Eddie Adams »

Good. I can handle getting there 2 hours early, and standing for a while, if it gets us withing 20 feet or so. $100 beans per couple. That's fair. Can't wait til this August or Sept.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I saw U2 in 1987. I think I paid 25 dollars for my ticket. You guys suck. :wink:
MotoGoalie
Elwood

Post by MotoGoalie »

BSmack wrote:I saw U2 in 1987. I think I paid 25 dollars for my ticket. You guys suck. :wink:
I paid 80 bones to see them at Pepsi center in Denver in April. Hope they don't cancel.
mvscal wrote: Of course. The 'I was just trolling' card. The monotonously predictable last gasp of a plungered gimp as he swirls down the drain.
Sorry Spanky, you're on my hook.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

BSmack wrote:I saw U2 in 1987. I think I paid 25 dollars for my ticket. You guys suck. :wink:
word---------la coliseum
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Eddie Adams
Elwood

Post by Eddie Adams »

Over the decades, I've kept ALL of my major event ticket stubs. Yer gonna shit when I tell you, we sat in Front row, for the '87 Joshua Tour. Seat #89 of 100, in each row - we paid $16.50 for each seat. :shock:

Damn, those were the days. What are face value front row for THIS tour, I wonder?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Was never a big U2 guy, although I'd never say they suck. A little too poserish for me - An Irish band that tries to sound American. But I guess I can't get on them too much for that, as most have/do. The Cranberries are an exception, they sound truly Celtic, but were nothing truly special. Without the vocals of Delores O'Riordan they'd be very ordinary at best.

Not that any of you care or anything.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I love the Cranberries as well.

As for U2 being an Irish band trying to sound American ? I disagree. The Beatles, and English band, tried harder to sound American than U2 has. U2 has just been heavily influenced by many American musicians, specifically African American musicians. It's not uncommon. In terms of "soul", the only Euros, I've ever really heard that could match the soulfulness of blues, R&B, and "soul music" have come from Ireland.

I might be biased, :) , but Van Morrison comes to mind, U2, (I'm forgetting that band, but they came out in the late 80's early 90's had a movie or something as well).

Jim Morrison, Irish roots,

WAR Erin Go Bro :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'd say the Beatles sound much more limey than U2 sounds Irish.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

William Cutting wrote:I'd say the Beatles sound much more limey than U2 sounds Irish.
Vocally, I'd agree.

The neat thing about music is a bunch of dudes grow up listening to music, then when they play together it all comes out different and makes new music.

I've listened to the Chieftains, Clancy Bros, Music of O'Carolan, tons of traditional celtic sounds and I can honestly say I can't put my finger on U2's Celtic influence, but I can feel it. I can't tell you that the 2nd measure of "One" is based on a melody from 14th Century O'Carolan's "Birhn Bin Begahn" or anything. But I can feel it. By the same token, I cannot say the same for their blues and R&B influences.

Musicians have influences, or so I'm led to believe. That's the INPUT. The OUTPUT, varies. Some can sound "just like", some a cheap imitation, and others can create a new sound. U2, is one of these bands.

The Beatles, while their accent can be easily heard in their songs, the earlier songs musically resembled the standard Rock n Roll sound of the earl 60's.