Hey Tomas!!! Dirk Pitt.......

Post by Loganfan »

You read Trojan Odyssey yet?

You non-Clive Cussler-reading fucks can save the Trojan jokes. :P
mothster
at moderators discretion

Re: Hey Tomas!!! Dirk Pitt.......

Post by mothster »

Loganfan wrote:You read Trojan Odyssey yet?

You non-Clive Cussler-reading fucks can save the Trojan jokes. :P
it's about his unknown kid and daughter i think
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Actually, it's the first book with them really in it. He found out about them at the end of the previous book......Dirk and Summer, his kids from Summer Moran, from the Pacific Vortex book.

I know T keeps up, and just wanted to hear his spin on which direction Cussler goes next.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Loganfan wrote:Actually, it's the first book with them really in it. He found out about them at the end of the previous book......Dirk and Summer, his kids from Summer Moran, from the Pacific Vortex book.

I know T keeps up, and just wanted to hear his spin on which direction Cussler goes next.
i am tomas :o
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

mothster wrote:
Loganfan wrote:Actually, it's the first book with them really in it. He found out about them at the end of the previous book......Dirk and Summer, his kids from Summer Moran, from the Pacific Vortex book.

i am tomas :o
:?
Then you should have read it already. :x

damnpeoplechangingtheirfreakingnicsallatime........
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Is Dirk Pitt back?

Clive is the only fictional author Ican honestly admit that I read on regular basis for years. After he replaced Dirk I kind of lost interest. I hadn't heard he brought him back. I might have to pick up the book and give it a read if thats the case.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Is Dirk Pitt back?

Clive is the only fictional author Ican honestly admit that I read on regular basis for years. After he replaced Dirk I kind of lost interest. I hadn't heard he brought him back. I might have to pick up the book and give it a read if thats the case.
Dirk never left.......after her did the first Austin book (Blue Gold, I think), he did more Pitt, then more Austin.......if you stopped after he first put Kurt Austin out, you've missed 2 or 3 Pitt books, and need to get caught up.

Cussler's been putting out both the Kurt Austin books AND the Pitt books, running 2 different NUMA special departments concurrently.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Loganfan wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Is Dirk Pitt back?

Dirk never left.......after her did the first Austin book (Blue Gold, I think), he did more Pitt, then more Austin.......if you stopped after he first put Kurt Austin out, you've missed 2 or 3 Pitt books, and need to get caught up.

Cussler's been putting out both the Kurt Austin books AND the Pitt books, running 2 different NUMA special departments concurrently.
I'll have to hit up BAM or B&N this weekend in that case. I thought he had axed Dirk in favor of the Kurt Austin charicter.
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Post by Filthy McNastie »

I've read a few of those...one was where they found The Monitor or Merimac over in the desert of some middle eastern country...the other dealt with a river that ran underground through...Arizona or New Mexico I think...pretty decent reads.

L8.
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

I started TO last night. Just read the opening recap of the Trojan War before crashing. Good one, Loges?
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

My favorite is still "Treasure." Great read. Too bad the PC pundits would kill any chance of it being turned into a movie with their whining about racism. Call it a hunch, but I'm guessing they'll have a problem with a movie about a flood of mexicans invading the US. :D

I've read all Pitt books up to "Dragon." I need to get caught up.

Nice to see "Sahara" coming to the big screen. I think technology in film has advanced to the point where we're going to see a lot of Cussler movies that previously couldn't be done...or done well, anyway.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Biggie wrote:I started TO last night. Just read the opening recap of the Trojan War before crashing. Good one, Loges?
I was highly entertained. I love his mixes of history and fiction. Lemme know when you get to the blockbuster ending.........

Sahara and Inca Gold for Filthies 2.

They're making Sahara?? I hope they do a good job. Any links? Who's gonna play Pitt?
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

Found it.
Matthew McConaughey as Dirk Pitt.
http://www.clivecusslerforum.com

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Matthew.

I love that man.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

They're already showing trailers for it in the theater. Steve Zahn is Giordino. He and McConaughey were pretty funny together. Should be a good flick.
tomas8
Mr. Laid Back

Post by tomas8 »

yes, i've read it.

i read his latest BLACK WIND a few weeks ago.
it's "ok" his son dirk cussler co-wrote it along with clive, it's an ok read, not enough dirk and al for my liking, but life goes on.

check out LOST CITY (Austin novel)
and SACRED STONE (OREGON Files)
they are both worth reading.

ps
check out books by james rollins and jack du brul, these guys both write kick ass pitt like books.

WAR James Sandecker 8)

pps
check out the works of brad thor too.
Last edited by tomas8 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorry about that whammy!
tomas8
Mr. Laid Back

Post by tomas8 »

i re-read p. vortex a few months ago and there is no way in hell that dirk had time to bed summer!
how the hell did he get her pregnant?

:lol:
sorry about that whammy!