Herbstreet ignorance

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Herbstreet ignorance

Post by M2 »

Check out this quote and tell me if you can see the glaring bias and inability to demonstrate logic.

Quote:I don't remember the Pac-10 being invited into the discussion about who has the best conference in college football right now. If the argument is who has the best offensive firepower -- THEN, the Pac-10 would be in the mix. But, until more teams realize that you win championship on the other side of the ball, the Pac is not allowed in. This argument is striclty for the Big Ten, the SEC and the ACC.

Could it be possible that pac 10 defensive stats are skewed because the conference has the most sophisticated, well executed offenses in the country? Even with that fact, Cal, ASU and USC still produced top defensive stats last year. Someone with a more statistical nature please compile some stats for me...

Oh, and LSU didn't do shyte against ASU's defense, they scored 2 TDs on blocked kicks.

I'll do it...

As Clunky points out, the Pac-10's offensive prowess would tend to cause its defensive stats to suffer. Similarly, Big-10's lack of offense would favorably affect their defensive stats.

From 2004 stats, I looked at Top 25 in offense & defense
by conference. Point system same as college polls, ie Number 1 team gets 25 points, number 2 gets 24 and so on. Adjusted for number of teams in conference. Gave equal weight for offense & defense, even though Herbie said defense, and only defense, wins championships.

Results (Total conference ranking points divided by number of teams in conference):

Offense Defense Total
P10 4 4.6 8.6
B12 5.2 2.9 8.1
SEC 1.4 5.7 7.1
B10 0.6 5 5.6
ACC 0.3 5.2 5.5
BE 3.5 2 5.5
Non-BCS 3.2 0.6 3.8

Herbie is correct about Pac-10 offe]se being among the best.
But to say Pac-10 out of the leaque of defensive leaders is BS. Pac-10 is right there with SEC, ACC & Big-10. Overall, Pac-10 was the best.

(USC was #7 in offense, #2 in defense. Cal was #6 in offense and #4 in defense. That's what it takes to be Number 1 overall.

the truth
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

this guy is worse than Shaz.. No offense shaz.. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Herbstreet ignorance

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

If you have to go that far to defend and prove yourself, you probably aren't the best.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

PAC 10 guys being PAC 10 homers.

There is nothing wrong with what he said because he is 100% correct.

Outside of USC none of the defenses in the PAC are worth a damn. You can spin it all you want but the fact is they all suck.

All I heard last year is how KAL should be in the Rose bowl and every argument revolved around what they did offensively and the fact they almost beat USC.

So they go to the Holiday bowl and get the shit kicked out of them by Taco Tech.

There is a reason that Taco Tech got their asses handed to them by Texas and that is because they faced a good defense.

At this point I expect PAC 10 fan to bring up what USC did to blOwu, yada yada yada

Guess what the sooners had a shitty pass defense and were getting lit up all year by any them that could actually throw the ball.

Right now I would put the SEC #1 followed by the Big 10, PAC 10 (only because of USC) then the ACC and Big 12. Without USC you might suck more than the Big 12
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Wow, I am surprised and impressed, Vito did a fine job with those rankings.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Vito wrote:........... none of the defenses in the PAC are worth a damn. You can spin it all you want but the fact is they all suck.
Then my Spartans wouls fit right in.

USC would run up a six spot on us! :lol:

But BOY what fun to see arguably the best two QB's in the nation battle it out! :wink: