2006 Pickem Champion

Well, the buckeyes won....

Post by peter dragon »

but thats about it. they played uninspired, and flat. they tried their damn-est
to let SDSU back into this game. I know Smith is still rusty, and what has
happened to Ginn? Good to see Hamby come back and it was nice to see the
crowd cheer him. I dont know what to expect out of this offence. for the last
two years its been all Nugent, and very little else. I think every one was
expecting a team that would make a run at it all. but we have no run game.
no pass game. (out side of 10yds) and the QB is still up in the air. neither
Smith or Zwick can do the job. Smith is clearly the better athlete, which helps
with no run game what-so-ever.

I wonder what the backfield would look like with Zwick under center and
Smith in the backfield?

Not to compain about Tressels run here, because he is an outstanding
buckeye... but since coming here he has established that at OSU we can play
defence with the best of them. its fast and aggressive. but he has yet to
establish any kind of offence. Is this a passing O or running? these quick
slants and backfield throws work against the SDSU's of the world but if we
try that shit against Iowa.. its going to be a long game.

all in all im happy.. we won the hangover is hopefully over..

Bring on the B-10 :!:
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

pete...yes they won...but fuck the buckeye nation throwing zwick under the bus and saying troy, this troy that...his fucking decision making is terrible and he pulls it down and runs too much...a fucking stanley jackson clone sometimes...on many plays he had WR's wide fucking open and either pulled it down or threw into triple fucking coverage...

ted was wide open on at least two pass plays that on one Smith pulled it down and on another he threw to Hamby with triple coverage on him but ginn streaking down the sideline wide fucking open...

tOSU needs to find more creative ways to get Ginn the ball but when you only run 4 or 5 formations what the fuck do you expect?

Tressel has been a godsend for the program and I love the guy...I guess I am more fed up with those in buckeye nation who can't decide what they want from week to week...fuck them...

Tress and tOSU just go out and win FUCKING games...I COULD CARE less how you do it...just FUCKING win...if every game was 2-FUCKING nothing I wouldn't care...

anyway a win is a win...if they come out flat next week...Iowa will fucking gang rape us again!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

OSU needs a QB

winning ugly only goes so far, eventually your offense has to make big plays

A good Qb and OSU is waiting for USC in RoseBowl
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

SC,
you are absoutly correct. Smith did not impress. this fucking team should be
playing for the MNC. with the Defence we had against Texas, mixed in with
a QB then yes we would be sitting pretty. I dont understand why OSU cannot
recruit a fucking QB? I mean this bunch is starting to look like the after birth
of Belisory and Scott McMullin...
:roll:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

88 wrote:OSU has a quarterback (his name is Zwick), but he didn't come from the high school with 8 Division 1-A studs as seniors on it right now. Just sayin.
no, i said a good QB
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

In Smith's defense on the play that he threw an interception into coverage and the announcers made a big deal about how Ginn was wide open, Ginn was actually covered.

He was covered when Smith threw the ball to Hamby but his defender was watching and immediately broke on the ball while Ginn kept running his route, thereby giving the impression that he was open when he wasn't.

I'm not sticking up for Smith b/c he played terribly, but Ginn was not wide open on that play. Smith needs to learn that throwing the ball as hard and as fast as you can does not make you a good quarterback.
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

i was listening to the radio broadcast...as the 1st half was just to sickening to watch.

Karsatos was commenting that he didn't understand the play calling philosophy.

everything that was being "called" was playing into the strength of SDSU...their speed and their being able to use the sidelines as a defender.

kee-rist--->SDSU had a "well below average" D-Line weight...why not Run right over the top of them?

there seem to be a LOT of plays that are designed for "moves" that are NOT north-south.

is COACH just fielding a "different" scheme...to confuse BiG 10 opponents?

[scratching head] the GOAL is: BEAT MICHIGAN and WIN BIG 10! right? [/scratching head]

(from the START of the Season) if the MNC falls into the equation....so be it?

something need to change....or the Children From the Corn are gonna kIck our asses next week.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

what the fuck does Mizzou fan know about QB's???

last I remember is Corby Jones was still being picked out of the turf from the fucking plastering he took from katzenmoyer...

Shawn - perhaps that was the case...but in retrospect even Smith said from the Texas game they had WR's open down field but did not get them the ball...Smith pulls it down to early...the OL is playing very good right now and protection wise they were very good yesterday...i just dont see how with Holmes, Ginn, Gonzo, and FUCKING ROY HALL stepping up, plus Lyons, Dukes, and Robiskie you can't fucking get the ball vertical...either JT is so afraid of a pick or he has no confidence in his QB's getting the ball vertical??? The best QB is not even playing BEKEOM or however you spell his fucking name...

again we get in the red zone and fuck it up...if Schnittker scores on the one play it is a totally different ball game...but at the same time...TS and the WR's need to get on the same page...maybe it will be different next week with another week of working with the ones...he has only had two practice weeks so far...

they need to run the fucking ball more...is you are going to spread with Holmes, Ginn, and Gonzo, someone is double covering one of them...thus defenses will not be able to stuff 8 in the box consistently...

Mizzou do us a favor and beat Texas????
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:what the fuck does Mizzou fan know about QB's???

I know what avg QB's look like(as MU has had many for years), and can spot them from miles away.

Tejas will lose October 1st

I love how Tejas and their fans are overlooking mizzou, they forgit about last year, when Vince young got the hook and chance mock was horrible. Took a herculean effort from Benson to win a close game(oh yeah, helps when pinkel calls almost 50 [ass plays, and the running game is working)

There is no Benson, and unless the big rb they have gets going, the upset is there. MU watches and practices against a very good running QB every practice. And as bad as Gary Stinkel is, i think he'll actually throws a dart and gets the gameplan correct.(which would be a first)

Losing to New Mexico is typical Stinkel. They had a rb who had come off of knee surgery and a WR who could be a 1st round selection, so Stinkel left Baskett man to man, and prepared to stop the rb
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think Baskett is still running open at Faurot!

PS how is Katz doing these days? I believe Corby is partner in a law firm in KC .Bode Corby
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

tOSU loses a close game to Texas and had two options: be let down and lose the next one...or get inspired and kick the shit out of their next opponent.

tOSU chose option 3...be let down and win in spite of themselves. This game will wake them up.

I bet they get up for Iowa and win going away.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Adelpier...Rack Corby...

Katz who the FUCK KNOWS...got a bad deal with the neck injury

can't argue with Bode Corby...

Meds - actually option 4...they were flat, won in spite of themselves, and still managed to make it look like SDSU had a chance when the score was 17-6...if not for SDSU running one of the worst fucking play calls on their own 1 yard line...who knows...

although allowing a team 3 first downs and 13 yards rushing is nice...

tOSU 31
Cryowa 10
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

just beat Iowa

as nice as it was to see Notre Dame lose, the thought of Babs tarding the forum, soured the moment.

if Iowa beats OSU oh christ, it will be a Jonsense melt down!

Please beat Iowa
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

I'm sure Pete's nieghbors are glad OSU won yesterday :lol:
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

yes they were :lol:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Just got back to Arizona after a week's vacation.

Was at the SDSU game yesterday. Not very inspiring. Team still feeling the sting from the Texas game methinks. It's a long fucking season, anything can happen, get over it. A Tressel-coached team should've known and learned this fact no later than Wednesday.

I think it's easy to think the other guy is always the easy fix. I remember being in the stadium for a game vs. SDSU when Bellisari was still around. The crowd was screaming for Tressel to stick in McMullen, and finally he did. Up to then, no fan had seen the kid take a snap. Dude fucking throws an interception on the first drive and everyone shuts up.

I think Tressel made the right call. Pick a guy and stick with him. Smith played like shit yesterday but trying to come up with temporary solutions by fucking around with QBs is the wrong way to go.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Adelpiero wrote:OSU needs a QB

winning ugly only goes so far, eventually your offense has to make big plays

A good Qb and OSU is waiting for USC in RoseBowl
Ha, reference 2002 and the sputtering offense that won the NC.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."