I'm officially embarassed to be an OU fan right now.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

DiT
Eternal Scobode

I'm officially embarassed to be an OU fan right now.

Post by DiT »

getting destroyed by USC I can handle.
yeah, it was painful but tolerable.
looking inept,anemic, scared and confused against TCU,TU and UCLA I cannot.
Bomar is absolutely lost.
the gamespeed is overwhelming him to the point where he's frantic and acting a fucking fool.
I swear to God I'm going to flip the fuck out if he touches the ball again this year.
they've got more problems besides him but he's given away more points then he's been responsible for scoring.
why the fuck Bob is tolerating these mistakes I have no idea.
prolly because he's a fucking gawdamn fucking idiot.
I'd like to give that guy a Red Devil enema right about now the fucking prick :x
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Feel for ya DiT, but it feels so good to see UCLA win a big game! Bomar still has UCLA stamped into his chest. :)
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Sleep on it Dave. We're simply a what-you-see-is-what-you-get team right now. Anytime you lose ten players to the draft, including most of your offense, it's going to take some time to reload the gun clip.

We're a young team, and young team's make mistakes. And, apparently, fumble the ball ... a lot. Contrary to popular belief, Bomar needs these types of games to grow, as does the rest of our team.

Receivers blowing routes, blockers missing assignments, Peterson alone against the world ... it all adds up to a frustrating season. OU fan has been poisoned by success, and perhaps we all simply need to step back, take a deep breath, and realize the forest for its trees.

Props to UCLA for the win, and props to K-State should they be able to hand us yet another loss this season.

In what's going to be a learning season for our team, anyway, I'll take the losses ... AS LONG as we learn from them, and improve after each.

Just PLEEEEEEEASE let Sooner Magic make a lone appearance in a few weeks and take a big ol' dump in Bevo's mouth.

That's all I ask.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The Sooners are going to win some games this year....UCLA looked bad enough for zero tolerance gloating...I'll take the win and chill for a week and visit the Huskies.....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Waz
Elwood

Post by Waz »

The Seer wrote:The Sooners are going to win some games this year....UCLA looked bad enough for zero tolerance gloating...I'll take the win and chill for a week and visit the Huskies.....
Good game seer. and any other bruin fans on here.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

On the bright side, you are going to fuck Nebraska up really bad (this is coming from an NU fan)
From the moment we leave the forest, Dan, it's all a givin' up and adjustin'.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Waz wrote:
The Seer wrote:The Sooners are going to win some games this year....UCLA looked bad enough for zero tolerance gloating...I'll take the win and chill for a week and visit the Huskies.....
Good game seer. and any other bruin fans on here.
Ditto.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

orcinus wrote: Just PLEEEEEEEASE let Sooner Magic make a lone appearance in a few weeks and take a big ol' dump in Bevo's mouth.

That's all I ask.
AMEN
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Tough loss for OU. Bomar looks lost and AD looks frustrated. Someone not named Long needs to call the plays.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Cicero wrote:Tough loss for OU. Bomar looks lost and AD looks frustrated. Someone not named Long needs to call the plays.
how bout White?

props to the Bruins on an asswhoopin...

i predict that every team from here on out (like the 3 already) will pass the little out routes..the little over the middle routes and the passes to the half back to the long side of the field.....and why not? it's ALWAYS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

it'll be a long season...but we've been there before....

gotta go thru the bitter to enjoy the sweet....and it'll be sweet once more.

on a side note....how about those fucking aggies running up the fucking score on poor ol SMU??? dispicable. :roll:
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Just looked at the box score, here is the 3rd quarter scoring:

Aggies TD Reggie McNeal passed to Jason Carter to the left for 68 yard gain (Todd Pegram made PAT) 8 - 38

Aggies TD Reggie McNeal passed to Chad Schroeder to the right for 32 yard gain (Todd Pegram made PAT) 8 - 45

Aggies TD Reggie McNeal passed to Jason Carter to the right for 47 yard gain (Todd Pegram made PAT) 8-52

Ok when you are up by 37 points, how about running the ball and the clock out?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

see previoud post today for guidanced unitl tomarrow.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Cross Traffic wrote:Just looked at the box score, here is the 3rd quarter scoring:

Aggies TD Reggie McNeal passed to Jason Carter to the left for 68 yard gain (Todd Pegram made PAT) 8 - 38

Aggies TD Reggie McNeal passed to Chad Schroeder to the right for 32 yard gain (Todd Pegram made PAT) 8 - 45

Aggies TD Reggie McNeal passed to Jason Carter to the right for 47 yard gain (Todd Pegram made PAT) 8-52

Ok when you are up by 37 points, how about running the ball and the clock out?
Ok, how much of the game did you WATCH or LISTEN TO? Oh, none? Shut the fuck up then.

Both of those passes to Carter were no more than 7 yards. What the fuck is he supposed to do after catching the ball 5-7 yards down the field? Fall down? Fuck that.

When we lost 77-0 to OU, I was the first one on here saying Stoops in no way ran the score up. They could have scored 150 that day if they wanted to. Of course, I only know that because I watched the fucking game. I can't stand Lupica asses like you who make a judgement reading a box score.

And by the way, A&M ran the ball down SMU;s throat in the 4th, had the ball on the 1/2 yard line and took a knee to end the game. Know what the fuck you're talking about before spewing shit out your piehole without anything to back it up.

Oh, and I was definitely right about OU/UCLA. Hopefully OU doen't have it all figured out in November when we face them. I expect the A&M/t.u. game to be for the Big XII South Championship.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Believe the Heupel wrote:And another thing:

I will always be proud to be an OU fan. Whether we go 1-11 or win a national title, sooner born and sooner bred.
fuckin Rack.

can't wait to go to work monday and hear about how the sky is falling in oklahoma :roll:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:And another thing:

I will always be proud to be an OU fan. Whether we go 1-11 or win a national title, sooner born and sooner bred.
RAXK!!!

I'm there for 11 lkoses right there with ya!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Relax Aggie, I wasn't trying to jump to making judgements, all I saw was MD's post and replied to it too quickly. No hard feelings. :)
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah, fuck Moby too.

Hey Moby, if you think A&M was running up the score today, then OU ran it up in the 77-0 game.

Like I said to CT, know what you're talking about before spouting off on it, mkay?
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Quickly;

Here's a post most of you would never think you'd see;

OU will be back.

They got too much going for them. They need to regroup and finish strong. They have a fine coach, and will surprise a lot of you, who are jumping off that wagon.

At lest they PLAY somebody in OOC games. Most of you fucks teams play creampuff city.

OU will be back.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Oh, and taco tech is up 73-14 with 14:00 to go in the 4th. Of course, I am not watching the game or listening to it so I can't tell if they are running it up or not.

And until the opposing team throws in the towel and refuses to try to score or tackle, game on.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

no doubt OU will get better throughout the year as the "new" team chemistry begins to form and players begin to gel with one another.
it's just SO tough to watch the missed blocks,the missed reads,the dropped passes,the fumbles,penalties,special team blunders,missed tackles and so on.
we really got spoiled on how good a team Stoops and his staff can put together and we're used to seeing guys perform at the highest level so when I see the left tackle looking like his feet are nailed to the turf as the DE makes Bomar piss all over himself before he fumbles it's hard to watch.
it's not all Bomars fault but he's just not ready to play at this level yet.
he doesn't have Clayton to count on getting open while Jamaal Brown gives him the time to deliver.
this offense is par with Blakes last season.
it's miserable,it's inept and it's sputtering right from the first snap and damnit I'm embarassed that's the best we have.
there is no pride in getting whipped by TCU and UCLA.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

IndyFrisco wrote:Yeah, fuck Moby too.

Hey Moby, if you think A&M was running up the score today, then OU ran it up in the 77-0 game.

Like I said to CT, know what you're talking about before spouting off on it, mkay?
:lol:

dude..MO and I were watching McNeal throw the ball as far as he could down the field in the 3rd quarter before we changed it...we kinda laughed about it..then watched another game...

stop that "if you think this than THAT happened" it'd be different if you guys didnt score a SINGLE point int he 4th quarter....

i thnk i remember us taking knees with 9 min. left in the 4th quarter :lol:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

IndyFrisco wrote:Oh, and taco tech is up 73-14 with 14:00 to go in the 4th. Of course, I am not watching the game or listening to it so I can't tell if they are running it up or not.

And until the opposing team throws in the towel and refuses to try to score or tackle, game on.
just saw the score myself... :lol:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Moby Dick wrote:i thnk i remember us taking knees with 9 min. left in the 4th quarter :lol:
That was more embarrasing to me than if you guys just kept running it into the end zone.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Cry a fucking river OU fan.

I will say, I hate seeing anyone in the Midwest lose to fucking tree huggers, but come on.

Do you have to win EVERY fucking game, EVERY fucking year?

Hows about y'all find a few Husker fans, and form a group hug. :roll:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

props Seer and UCLA fans. congrats. i only had BB Sr. and Merv on the internet (got to see the Pitt-Bugeater shootout here in Denver--hoooo!) but at least OU seemed viable at times on O and drove the ball and moved the chains. Early turnovers were too much to overcome.

big ups to Olson, kid had a great game.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

kcdave wrote:Cry a fucking river OU fan.

I will say, I hate seeing anyone in the Midwest lose to fucking tree huggers, but come on.

Do you have to win EVERY fucking game, EVERY fucking year?

Hows about y'all find a few Husker fans, and form a group hug. :roll:
Leave us outta this...we know how to suffer...k?
And with our offensive juggernaut, there's plenty more sufferin' headin' our way. :x
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Props to UCLA, Seer and their other fans here.

Despite the loss of a bunch of starters, it's hard to believe this is a Stoops-coached team.

The coach's radio show this week should be interesting, to say the least.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Despite the loss of a bunch of starters, it's hard to believe this is a Stoops-coached team.

exactly
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

Forgive me for coming in and reminding y'all, but the Stoops coached team had a problem last week...and they didn't take care of it very well.

You all know I bleed orange. I'm an O-State alum and faculty member, but I'm not in the crowd of hating Sooners "just because". I appreciate a good team, and this OU team is way better than what they showed today.

I think the Adrian Peterson flap dragged them down. Anyone who makes the team at OU has gotten there because they are exceptional, in every single position. Then they have a guy who breaks the rules, misses practice because of suspension (how many guys would love that?)..and then goes in after 3 plays? That made a point with every single person on that team that goes to class and practices their ass off every day and misses nothing. How does that affect the whole team?

You got your answer. It was a sloppy game and played without the snap and discipline of the usual Stoops effort.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Moby Dick wrote:
Cicero wrote:Tough loss for OU. Bomar looks lost and AD looks frustrated. Someone not named Long needs to call the plays.
how bout White?
Doesn't OU turn the ball over enough without Jakeson White near the program
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Ang wrote:Forgive me for coming in and reminding y'all, but the Stoops coached team had a problem last week...and they didn't take care of it very well.

You all know I bleed orange. I'm an O-State alum and faculty member, but I'm not in the crowd of hating Sooners "just because". I appreciate a good team, and this OU team is way better than what they showed today.

I think the Adrian Peterson flap dragged them down. Anyone who makes the team at OU has gotten there because they are exceptional, in every single position. Then they have a guy who breaks the rules, misses practice because of suspension (how many guys would love that?)..and then goes in after 3 plays? That made a point with every single person on that team that goes to class and practices their ass off every day and misses nothing. How does that affect the whole team?

You got your answer. It was a sloppy game and played without the snap and discipline of the usual Stoops effort.

Yeah, you nailed it. The whole team got together and decided that to protest Peterson's entrance into the game after 3 plays they would lay down and give less than 100%.....

:roll:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Let me save you some time OU fan. Just cross out Bomar and write in Rix. Where you see Long, cross that out and write in Jeff Bowden.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bomar will be better than Rix--if he stays healthy. no comment on Long.--who, according to rumor, wasn't calling that many plays today.

and: OU and UCLA were dead even in total yards--despite the blowout fellatio that's part of the national media.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Bomar's problems are easily fixable, the guy has started 2 games, gotta give him a break. People talked shit like this about Simms and by the time he was a Senior he fixed most of his problems. Bomar will too, I expect him to be a very solid QB in the coming years.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Aggie Gal
Certified Thinker™

Post by Aggie Gal »

Simms had a great OL; Bomar doesn't.
Simms had great receivers; Bomar doesn't.

No one-to-one correlation here.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Believe the Heupel wrote:True, Gal, but with the number of freshmen on the field the last couple of games, it's likely that in a year or so Bomar WILL have a good OL and receiver corps to throw to.

Seriously, other than the fumbled snaps (which probably has something to do with a backup center and not getting reps in practice) I thought that Bomar looked pretty damn good yesterday with a lot of upside.

Bomar is a tough kid. Got up right away after some hellatious hits....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Aggie Gal
Certified Thinker™

Post by Aggie Gal »

Bomar will improve, no doubt. However, he doesn't have the situation to improve in that Simms did.

OU will get better, but so will most of the teams in the Big 12 South. These are Stoops' players, and he had top recruiting classes. Unlike Texas, OU hasn't replaced superstars with more superstars -- or, hasn't developed them as quickly or as well.

As the year unfolds, we'll have a better idea if this is a slow-starting year, a rebuilding year, or the busrting-of-a-bubble year.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

it's not so much that Bomar isn't producing but it's what he's costing his team in the way of turnovers leading to scores and field position.
it's great I guess that OU had the same number of yards as UCLA but what matters is points and Bomar gave them the difference.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

GrizBearStare wrote:On the bright side, you are going to fuck Nebraska up really bad (this is coming from an NU fan)
Our D is solid, their O-line can't block, and the game is in Lincoln. We should be able to compete. But OU actually had an offense this week and will probably be pretty decent after several more games. Other than Cory scampering I'm not sure if we'll ever have a real O this year. But the only way we take this one is if OU doesn't take care of the ball. Turnovers = Turnaround.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Aggie Gal wrote:Bomar will improve, no doubt. However, he doesn't have the situation to improve in that Simms did.

OU will get better, but so will most of the teams in the Big 12 South. These are Stoops' players, and he had top recruiting classes. Unlike Texas, OU hasn't replaced superstars with more superstars -- or, hasn't developed them as quickly or as well.

As the year unfolds, we'll have a better idea if this is a slow-starting year, a rebuilding year, or the busrting-of-a-bubble year.

bad comparison. to insist that Texas "develops" players quickly or well is a bit contrary to fact.....how much did Simms or Roy Williams improve at UT? Did Texas' previous classes of "superstars" ever beat a top 10 team?