Raiders blacked out

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jidar
Crack Whore

Raiders blacked out

Post by jidar »

Sorry assed Raiders fans. "Raider nation" isn't too populated these days from what I can tell.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ENKJM1.DTL

"No sellout yet: As of midday Wednesday, a Raiders spokesman said "several thousand" tickets remained on sale for Sunday's game. The team is trying to push the unsold seats, said to be mostly lower-level, through marketing campaigns in print, television and radio."

:roll:
Can't even sell out their home opener against a divsion rival which also happens to be one of the greatest rivalries in sports. That's pathetic.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Raiders blacked out

Post by BSmack »

jidar wrote:Sorry assed Raiders fans. "Raider nation" isn't too populated these days from what I can tell.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ENKJM1.DTL

"No sellout yet: As of midday Wednesday, a Raiders spokesman said "several thousand" tickets remained on sale for Sunday's game. The team is trying to push the unsold seats, said to be mostly lower-level, through marketing campaigns in print, television and radio."

:roll:
Can't even sell out their home opener against a divsion rival which also happens to be one of the greatest rivalries in sports. That's pathetic.
I guess that's why KC-Oakland is not a great rivalry. Ever see empty seats for a Pittsburgh-Cleveland game?
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

$91 for field level? Good job overpricing your product.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cross Traffic wrote: $91 for field level? Good job overpricing your product.
Nah, that $91 price tag is for the tourists.

Just pay your $47 (still overpriced IMHO) and sit anywhere you want....plenty of room on all levels....
get out, get out while there's still time
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

What the fuck does Al (or anybody else for that matter) expect?

Oakland is a blue collar town that cant afford to throw down that kind of jack for a game.

In L.A. the people could afford it, and through the early years they were selling the shithole colliseum out.

That all changed when the 90's came and Al decided to field the shittiest teams in our franchises history. The raider faithful (Like my father who had season tix every year and took me) who were willing to support the team in the worst decade ever seen still numbered in the 40-45,000 range every week.

problem is, the Colliseum seats 70,000.

What Al should've done is kept his dumb ass in L.A-he never gave the location a chance after the Rams left......it doesnt take a marketing genius to see that he would've benefited greatly had he not had a fucking screw loose.

Oh well, <insert spilled milk reference here>

I'll give Al props for trying to feild a competitive team year in and year out while maintaining the lowest profit margin of any NFL owner. Problem is, he caused that for himself by moving the team back and forth and alienating many old skoolers and fans in the process.

and Jidar-log in under your real nic and prepare for a fucking beating you moist, sloppy vagina.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Cross Traffic wrote:Image

After their weekly trip that includes forking over bail money, filling up their Camaro with gas, buying cartons of cigarettes, and restocking their malt liquor supply, Faiduh fan doesn't have that kind of cayash left over.
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Cross Traffic wrote:Image

Used to be a great baseball park before Mt . Davis .
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Raydah James wrote:What the fuck does Al (or anybody else for that matter) expect?

Oakland is a blue collar town that cant afford to throw down that kind of jack for a game.

In L.A. the people could afford it, and through the early years they were selling the shithole colliseum out.

That all changed when the 90's came and Al decided to field the shittiest teams in our franchises history. The raider faithful (Like my father who had season tix every year and took me) who were willing to support the team in the worst decade ever seen still numbered in the 40-45,000 range every week.

problem is, the Colliseum seats 70,000.

What Al should've done is kept his dumb ass in L.A-he never gave the location a chance after the Rams left......it doesnt take a marketing genius to see that he would've benefited greatly had he not had a fucking screw loose.

Oh well, <insert spilled milk reference here>

I'll give Al props for trying to feild a competitive team year in and year out while maintaining the lowest profit margin of any NFL owner. Problem is, he caused that for himself by moving the team back and forth and alienating many old skoolers and fans in the process.

and Jidar-log in under your real nic and prepare for a fucking beating you moist, sloppy vagina.
Having the Niners in the same area doesn't help either , although the Niners did sell out thier home opener , even after a 2-14 season . York finally had to spend some cash and mount a new PR campaign to try to avoid more fan exodus .

The Niner fan base is Bay Area wide . Raider fan base is statewide . But what really kills Raider ticket sales is the fans themselves . They tend to drive away the casual fan , or opposing fans . I bet 40% of the Black Hole actually know who Daryl Lamonica is . The rest show up to drink and fight . I once went to a playoff game between the Raiders and the Pats at the L.A. coloseum a long time ago . I swore never to go to a Raider game after that . And I wasn't wearing any team colors either .
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Ended up smelling like a pot greenhouse when I went to see the Raiders/Bengals playoff game in 1991.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Raydah James wrote: and Jidar-log in under your real nic and prepare for a fucking beating you moist, sloppy vagina.
That is his real nick, you fucking semen depository.
Nope. Not dead.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Raydah James wrote:What the fuck does Al (or anybody else for that matter) expect?
Stop being such a pussy, RJ. Philly is no less, probably more of a blue collar town then Oakland is and they have no problem selling out their games and the prices are not cheap. Single game seats are sold out in 5-10 minutes after they are put on sale and the number of people on the waiting list for season tickets is astronomical.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

You'd think we couldn't afford it either, but we don't have much problem.....

Sincerely
Green Bay
get out, get out while there's still time
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Felix wrote:
You'd think we couldn't afford it either, but we don't have much problem.....

Sincerely
Green Bay

Or New England......Blue collar as they come.....

Sold out I think for the past 10 years if not 12.....
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Yeah, theres one big difference between some of the other blue collar teams and the Raiders:
I'll give Al props for trying to feild a competitive team year in and year out while maintaining the lowest profit margin of any NFL owner. Problem is, he caused that for himself by moving the team back and forth and alienating many old skoolers and fans in the process

Like I said-Fucking Al should've just stood in L.A. and raked in the cash from being the only NFL game in the second largest market in the U.S.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

drummer wrote:But what really kills Raider ticket sales is the fans themselves . They tend to drive away the casual fan , or opposing fans . I bet 40% of the Black Hole actually know who Daryl Lamonica is . The rest show up to drink and fight.
EXACTLY!

Spare me this bullshit about blue collar town. There are plenty of fucking people in the region that can afford those prices, and much higher. However, the people with that money do not want too surround themselves with the filth, dirtbags, criminals, and over-grown trick-or-treaters. Does that make them bad fans, or pussies, for not wanting to subject themselves to that situation? No, its called being smart, and those smarts are why they have the money that they have. Unlike the people that really attend the games, who collect their $$$ from welfare checks, dope dealing, prostitution, or whatever crimes they choose.

Face the facts for what they are T1B raiduh fans. Its not exactly a friggin sewing circle. Before you try and dispute this, ask yourselves a few questions. Would you go with your wife? Would you take your kids? Would you take your Mother? Would you take your Grandmother, in her wheelchair this weekend, knowing she would be wearing the red blouse she got for her birthday?

Most fans, in most towns, can answer all of those by saying yes. raiduh fan would answer NO to all of those ....... as long as you have a brain in your head.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

kcdave wrote:raiduh fan ... brain
That'd be a big neg, but since when has that ever bothered Raiduh Fan?

No offense to pop's avatard. I like both her brains.

Btw, B, it's a great rivalry.

Sincerely,

Raiduh Fan in his own hole outside of the black(edout) market.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

That is a great point about Raider fans keeping away less "devoted" fans. However, if they didn't play in the biggest shit hole on earth, they might entice a few more fans.

I know they are a low cap city but between the A's and the Raiders they should be able to afford something better than that concrete piece of crap.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Cross Traffic wrote:Ended up smelling like a pot greenhouse when I went to see the Raiders/Bengals playoff game in 1991.
Yo Bro, I was at that game too.

Coincidence? I think not. 8)

WAR BO
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Raiders blacked out

Post by BSmack »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
BSmack wrote:I guess that's why KC-Oakland is not a great rivalry. Ever see empty seats for a Pittsburgh-Cleveland game?
Can't exactly call Pittsburgh-Cleveland a "rivalry"....see, in a rivalry BOTH teams have to actually get over on each other on a regular basis. The next time the Shitstains get over on the Squealers will be the 1st time.
Sad to say, the series is closer than you think.
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

Games sold out, eat shit!
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

So, which station ponied up the cash for the remaining 10,000 seats in order to keep their advertisers happy?
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

orcinus wrote:So, which station ponied up the cash for the remaining 10,000 seats in order to keep their advertisers happy?
That I don't know :wink:
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Raider Loco wrote:Games sold out, eat shit!
AWESOME....even MORE RaydahFans will get to see their team get rolled in person. :lol:
No they won't Paul. I'm not saying the Raiders will win, but those seats purchased by radio/TV will remain empty. In fact, you'll probably only see a half to three quarter filled stadium. It is sad to see a proud franchise like the Raiders constantly come up short when it comes to fan attendance.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

I'll be in Vegas watching ALL the games. :wink:

First time I'll be trolling for the Raiduhs EVAH... :oops:
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

DallasFanatic wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
Raider Loco wrote:Games sold out, eat shit!
AWESOME....even MORE RaydahFans will get to see their team get rolled in person. :lol:
No they won't Paul. I'm not saying the Raiders will win, but those seats purchased by radio/TV will remain empty. In fact, you'll probably only see a half to three quarter filled stadium. It is sad to see a proud franchise like the Raiders constantly come up short when it comes to fan attendance.
Not true at all. It's usually full come game day just not in time for the out dated 72 hr rule.

The OFMA controls the ticket sales not the Raiders. The OFMA is a seperate entity run by the county of Alameda. Thas was all part of the negotiations when the Raiders returned in 95.
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

Cross Traffic wrote:Ended up smelling like a pot greenhouse when I went to see the Raiders/Bengals playoff game in 1991.
If I'm not mistaken that was Bo Jackson's last NFL game.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Raider Loco wrote: Not true at all. It's usually full come game day just not in time for the out dated 72 hr rule.
Only because the TV stations pass the tickets on to the OFMA, who in turn, pass them on to the county soup kitchens... so make sure all you Faiduh fans wander on down and get yourselves a Faiduh ticket with your sloppy joe.

^^^^ was actually stocking up for Faiduh kickoff.
Nope. Not dead.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Raider Loco wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote: AWESOME....even MORE RaydahFans will get to see their team get rolled in person. :lol:
Not true at all. It's usually full come game day just not in time for the out dated 72 hr rule.

The OFMA controls the ticket sales not the Raiders. The OFMA is a seperate entity run by the county of Alameda. Thas was all part of the negotiations when the Raiders returned in 95.[/quote]

Exactly. Thank god this agreement ends after this season. They have raped the fans with these fucking surcharges and not onlt that giving you the shittiest seats possible. did you now if you sit at the top of mt Davis you get a great view of San Francisco,the Bay,and the Oakland airport ?
The only thing you dont get a good view of is the playing field. Its like watching ants play.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro