OU and Michigan fans, get your cock garages in here

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

OU and Michigan fans, get your cock garages in here

Post by RadioFan »

Don't know about you fellas, but I've already been talking with my dad (who lives in OKC) about getting together and having more than a few beers and a cookout for this game, which is quite simply, monsterous. The only big decision that needs to be made is where the festivities will take place, in Tulsa or OKC, but I digress.

A couple of weeks ago, my bro-in-law and two of their friends were up here for a concert and a group of about 8 of us went out to dinner before the show and we got to talking about college football ... how we can't wait, etc., and I brought up this game. All of us are pretty much hard-core OU fans, but some of us much more myopic than others. The couple that are friends with my sis and bro-in-law and him were EMPHATIC that they wanted to see Texas lose. I refrained from asking them a bunch of hypotheticals about what if tOSU goes undefeated and beats OU in the national championship, because the myopia is way too deep. Besides, when I reminded them that "the streak" isn't going to go on forever, they were already annoyed enough. :lol:

At any rate, of the OU and Michigan fans who post here, I was curious about a couple of things ...

1. Who will you be cheering for?

2. How will this game affect Texas and tOSU, depending on if they win or lose it, with respect to their main rivals? I mean, if they lose, does it piss them off and make them more dangerous? Or if they win, does it give them that much more confidence?

I'm also curious as to what, if any plans you might have for the game. Let's face it, if you're a college football fan, it really doesn't get any better than this, this early in the season.

Fourteen days.

Btw, no offense 88 and the rest of tOSU fans here, but I want to see Texas go in there and beat your guys like a dead dog. I like seeing both OU and Texas undefeated and ranked in the top 5 when they play each other, especially this year. :wink:

RadioFan
UTSA 2 years
OU grad
and objective observer ... errrr, schizophrenic.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

you're supposed to ROOT for your Conference 1st....

that's the ONLY reason i'd ever cheer for Fichigan to beat Homer Dame.

BiG11 vs. Big 12 period.

RF--->you're gonna be S-A-D...though.

always PICK the WINNER!
:lol:

O-H-I-O
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw rooting for your fellow conference foes. I can give two craps about how the rest of the Big Ten does. Fans get such a boner over how good everyone in their conference is because it supposedly gives their team more cred. Teams don't have control over how good or bad their opposition is so if the Big Ten was full of also-rans, so be it. Just beat the teams on your schedule and the rest will sort itself out. I'd prefer to see Ohio State winless than undefeated. Sure the game in November is great theatre when both teams fighting for the Big Ten title but I'd just assume have the conference title wrapped up by then. I'm not necessarily going to root for Texas either. It's going to be a great game but I guess I would hope Texas wins but it doesn't affect the conference standings either way. I can't ever find myself rooting for OSU. If the result of the game meant whether I lived or died and the only way I survive is if Ohio State wins, I'd still say hook 'em horns! I'm not bothered by Texas beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl last year because it was a meaningless game. I look at OSU-Texas as two teams that are national title contenders and the team that loses drops down a notch.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I can't say I always represent for the con but for this game I'll be rooting for Texass since 10vs12 bragging rights are at stake. Go horns!

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shoalzie wrote:If the result of the game meant whether I lived or died and the only way I survive is if Ohio State wins, I'd still say hook 'em horns!
I'd look into some other hobbies if I were you. Or get a girlfriend. Or get some help.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Hook em!
Those who stay will be champions.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Fuck 'em both.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Hmmmm

i'd like to show my Wolverine Football loving wife this Thread.

i'm surprised by my BiG 10 Brethren taking this road....

well, not really.

All 4 one and none for All.

faaaackabunchaU

RACK Danimal's Quagmeier bobble head AV and the breasts that follow.....

Morning of NOVEMBER 19th 2005

THE Ohio State University 10-0
the University of Michigan 10-0

you boyz sporting the Corn and Blue don't want that? you want a team having a Loss (or2) on the record POSSIBLY coming in and Ruining your Season?...or have it as a Battle ROYALE?

check yerselves

fvck'em Horns
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Fuck 'em both.
Yeah, but let's face it, you're still gonna watch, and after the Scooby Snack of week 1, millions of "indifferent" fans are going to be tuning into this game like a dog on a pork chop. I just hope it lives up to its billing and isn't a blowout, either way. Hell, I don't even think Munsberger calling it could bring it down.

OK, maybe I won't go that far.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

fuck if assburger is calling it I will make sure my sound is turned off...

[sarcasm]thanks for the kharma michigan fan[sarcasm]

anyway I'll be tuning into Michigan/ND earlier that day...
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Well,

I think most Michigan fans have mixed feelings. If Ohio State was playing another big program that Michigan hadn't lost to at the end of the season then I would be on board with the suckeyes. But if you guys out and beat Texas, then it just makes us feel shittier about that loss.

If Texas beats OSU in the horse shoe, it just shows that Texas is a damn good team that we almost beat.
Those who stay will be champions.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I'll watch but I personally don't give a shit who wins.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Shoalzie wrote: I'm not bothered by Texas beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl last year because it was a meaningless game.
Well if this doesn't say a lot about Shoalzie, I don't know what does. You think it was a meaningless game? I don't think you would say that if you won. Essentially it was a monumental failure by your coaching staff. You got beat by a running QB in the last game of the regular season (the most yards in one game by a single player in the series) and your staff failed to prepare for a very similar QB. Way to go Carr, err should I say Coop?
BlindRef wrote:Well,

I think most Michigan fans have mixed feelings. If Ohio State was playing another big program that Michigan hadn't lost to at the end of the season then I would be on board with the suckeyes. But if you guys out and beat Texas, then it just makes us feel shittier about that loss.

If Texas beats OSU in the horse shoe, it just shows that Texas is a damn good team that we almost beat.
And while I always root for the Big 10, I see your point here. Even though it is a different year and therefore a different team, you do make a good argument.
Last edited by Sky on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sky wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: I'm not bothered by Texas beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl last year because it was a meaningless game.
Well if this doesn't say a lot about Shoalzie, I don't know what does. You think it was a meaningless game? I don't think you would say that if you won. Essentially it was a monumental failure by your coaching staff. You got beat by a running back in the last game of the regular season (the most yards in one game by a single player in the series) and your staff failed to prepare for a very similar QB. Way to go Carr, err should I say Coop?

I don't like the fact that they lost but I didn't get nearly as upset when they looked like garbage against the Buckeyes. The Rose Bowl was a meaningless game...you can't convince me otherwise. The only meaningful bowl game was the Orange Bowl, the rest of them were glorified exhibition games. In case you can't tell, I hate bowl games and the BCS. If that Texas loss meant being eliminated from a tournament, I would've been on the verge of death. It didn't mean anything and I quickly got over the loss.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

But its the ROSE BOWL....not the Outback/Capitol One/Alamo Bowl. Even if you don't like the BCS, the Rose Bowl has more history and tradition tied to it thank any other bowl (for the Big10/Pac10 at least).

And trust me, I am not trying to rub it in, I was pulling for Michigan and was upset when they lost. Regardless, we are getting off topic.

I don't care who you root for in the Texas game, Big 10 suppor it always nice but I really just hope we are both undefeated come November.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

What Blindref said!!!

I'm normally a pro-conference guy. If I wasted my voice rooting for the Buckeyes and was happy for their win, some scarlet douchebag would run smack about "we beat Texas and you couldn't". Therefore I'll root for a cancellation of the game where neither team gets the nod. I always want "The Game" to be for the roses, and this game won't effect that.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Steve/Ref/Michigan fan

Hey there are not many times throughout the year I would even consider throwing Kharma the Wolves way, but usually in the bowls and against ND (Sorry Killian)...

perhaps there would be some bad apples who would pimp the Bucks for beating texas, but damn if you wouldn't blame OSU fan for being estatic and or happy...i mean Michigan fan would do the same thing...and I am sure whenever Texas beats OU we will see threads started the likes we have never seen before...while I think there are enough good Buckeye posters on this board that we wouldn't get to uppity now would we?

I for one am taking the approach (as I have done every year) is you win one big or small...big deal it is one game in a long season...fact is if tOSU beats Texas tOSU has SDSU next...one at a time...

now the only two teams I would come in rubbing it in would be Florida and MSU...not that you would blame me for that now would you?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Gotta go with Ohio State here. I will always root against Texas. Always.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

any day scU-M football or hockey loses is a great day for me.