Which of these car makers is more reliable?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Which of these car makers is more reliable?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:39 pm

Chevy
14%
Dodge
7%
Ford
18%
Honda
29%
Mitsubishi
No votes
Pontiac
4%
Saturn
No votes
Toyota
29%
VW
No votes
Mazda
No votes

Total votes: 28

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

jtr wrote:my 95 Dodge Neon has only 87,600 miles on it.
Don't have to drive too far for Del Taco?
why is my neighborhood on fire
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

jtr wrote:my 95 Dodge Neon has only 87,600 miles on it. But thinking trade in will only get me $4500 or less.
try less. wayyyyy less. a 10 year old neon in real nice shape might be worth 1500, but, I doubt it. A ten year old civic or corolla wouldn't even bring that much.

this is not to say that a dealer won't offer you 4500 as part of his raping you on a new purchase. If you are gonna buy new, get your best deal first. Them ask what he will give you for it. I'll guess a grand, if he feels sorry for you.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Kid I'll give you $50 to take that piece of crap and drive it off my lot. You're scaring the customers.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Trade in value for a basic 95 Neon according to blue book is $875.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I picked Chevy. The 2004 models are very dependable. I'm assuming the 2005 models are to. Most cars these days are. Now is the time to get a 2005. The only time I would buy a car. You can find your model, then search the net for the color/extras you want. It's all listed. (For American cars anyway. Not sure about the foreign models). I got the best deal on a car last year this way. My favorite dealer didn't have the color I wanted so he got one from another dealer in 2 days. Same price.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

jtr wrote:my 95 Dodge Neon has only 87,600 miles on it. But thinking trade in will only get me $4500 or less.
Laugh of the year right there.

500 if the air works.

200 if it doesn't.

You were missing the decimal right? 45.00 would have been MUCH closer.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

rozy wrote:

500 if the air works.

200 if it doesn't.

Thats not to say the dealer won't sell it for $4500- or try to- if he takes it in trade
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Cuda wrote: Thats not to say the dealer won't sell it for $4500- or try to- if he takes it in trade
which is why people shouldn't do trade-ins in the first place, but should sell vehicles themselves on the open market?
on a short leash, apparently.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Cuda wrote:
rozy wrote:

500 if the air works.

200 if it doesn't.

Thats not to say the dealer won't sell it for $4500- or try to- if he takes it in trade
a new car dealership won't waste their time. It will go to auction where a used car dude will ask 3995, if it's real nice. He will jump all over 3k if somebody is dumb enough to offer it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.