Moderator: Dinsdale

PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

I'm a skier and I hate people like you!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

They had to delay the tournament yesterday because of fog.

Just sayin'
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

fog here in the vc too, about 200 miles north
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'm about 20 miles up the coast from Torrey Pines, and about 12 miles inland. There's not a cloud in the sky here. That fog pretty much stays within a few hundred yards of the ocean.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Todd,

This thread is a Birdie!

A Man named 3Putt will forever be in your gratitude as you have now increased
the Golf Fourm thread count by 20%
Pablo
Provocateur

Post by Pablo »

Long John Daly shoots back-to-back 59's on the weekend to defend his title.
Boom goes the dynamite.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Here's what i wrote on Smackbat about the Buick.
BTW: I watched most of all four rounds. When Tiger gets on some normal putting surfaces, WATCH OUT. The only reason Tiger didn't run away with this event was because he was driven to near distraction by the horrible greens at Kapalua. Next time he's out will be the Buick at Torrey Pines. Tiger practicaly grew up on those greens. The way he's hitting the ball I wouldn't be surprised at a 5-6 shot win.
http://thesmackbat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8469
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

did i read correctly that tiger came back from 8 strokes back to take the lead with lehman? that is final second or third round scores? should make for an interesting monday if they cant finish tonight.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:Here's what i wrote on Smackbat about the Buick.
BTW: I watched most of all four rounds. When Tiger gets on some normal putting surfaces, WATCH OUT. The only reason Tiger didn't run away with this event was because he was driven to near distraction by the horrible greens at Kapalua. Next time he's out will be the Buick at Torrey Pines. Tiger practicaly grew up on those greens. The way he's hitting the ball I wouldn't be surprised at a 5-6 shot win.
Damn dude, I'm impressed--although calling for a win by Tiger isn't really that far of a stretch. I think had the weather held up, your 5-6 shot call would have been about right.

Looks like he may be close to "there" (wherever that is--different planet I think).
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
BSmack wrote:Here's what i wrote on Smackbat about the Buick.
Damn dude, I'm impressed--although calling for a win by Tiger isn't really that far of a stretch. I think had the weather held up, your 5-6 shot call would have been about right.

Looks like he may be close to "there" (wherever that is--different planet I think).
It would have been a stretch in mid 04. But it really wasn't for me after seeing him in action at the Kapalua. Tiger was so dominant from tee to green at Kapalua it was just ridiculous.

Did you happen to notice how many low trajectory shots Tiger has been sticking 10 feet or so from the pin? Distance control, trajectory control and putting are the keys to majors. He’s well on his way to being ready for Augusta, Pinehurst, St. Andrews and Baltusrol.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
Did you happen to notice how many low trajectory shots Tiger has been sticking 10 feet or so from the pin? Distance control, trajectory control and putting are the keys to majors. He’s well on his way to being ready for Augusta, Pinehurst, St. Andrews and Baltusrol.
For the last year he's said over and over again "the swing is almost there". For the last year, he's been losing a lot of his drives right unless he tries to kill it which inevitably results in a hook to the left. There are as many opinions of what was wrong as there are golfers, myself included.

Of course he was spinning out of the shot, losing it 1/2 through the downswing.:lol: :lol:

He's said he wanted to change some things about his swing and was bound and determined to do it. Why he would want to change anything about that swing is way beyond me, but like I say different universe......

Looks like he may have found his comfort level with the changes he's made and his showing at Kapalua and the win at the Buick were awsome displays of his skill level and shot making capabilities.

Assuming everything is good at home Image he looks poised to show the world just how much talent he possesses and just how good he really is.
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Todd's truimphant return?

I won't say anything in the other forums, if you don't.

Hehehe.

There's 3 Buicks-btw.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one