Weekend Roll Call 9-16-23

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 9-16-23

Post by kcdave »

Brand new Jesse James Dupree cut co-written w/ Brian Johnson.
AC/DC lovers should enjoy.
Also, check out the lyrics. The script matches that of 35 different
bands. See how many you recognize.

I guess the fucking asshole that raised my dander last week issued
some lame ass apology. For that, I will give my own very half ass
hat tip. Nothing more, nothing less.
As far as the betting topic goes, had I wagered at my own convenience
using the correct odds at the time of betting, I would have gone 2-1.
For this week, I really like Mia -3 at NE. Cincy -2 against Bal is intriguing,
as is GB +2 at ATL. We can't bet in Mo. yet. In order to bet, I would have
to make the 30 minute drive to Kansas, which are not in the plans this
weekend. Not sure about next weekend yet, but I know for sure we will
be there in 2 weeks. If I see something I like, I will likely wager a nickel or two.

Continuing w/ the football theme, I plan to catch most of todays game
between K-State and MIZZOU amidst a full day of grill biz.
Later tonight, I will completely avoid watching 1 minute of CO vs CO State.
I am literally puking at all the Coach Primate talk. STFU already.

Here is an interesting pic I stumbled upon this week on the interwebs-

Those 2 fondled about as many cocks as Kierland.

Y'all got any thoughts on this UAW strike? Their demands seem outrageous.
$50 per hour, 32 hour work week w/ 40 hours of pay. The return of their
pension program, blah, blah blah. On the other hand, the makers are
receiving record profits. The loser in all of this will obviously be consumers.
Prices for new vehicles are already completely obscene. Just when the
used vehicle prices were starting to lower a little.
Most of the rational UAW folks I have talked to, or read some of their spews on FB
think the demands are crazy. But there are plenty that have already gotten
those numbers in their thick skulls and will think is thing less is a loss.
Most of them are the same ones that get fucked up every shift on the line. :smoke1:

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Weekend Roll Call 9-16-23

Post by Wolfman »

IN---NCAA football even Neon Deion will be on my TV. Hope to hear some tunes tonight from the Chan Man. Hope everyone's weekend goes well.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

dave wrote:As far as the betting topic goes, had I wagered at my own convenience
using the correct odds at the time of betting, I would have gone 2-1.
Allegedly.

Happy weekend!

:smile:
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:50 am I guess the fucking asshole that raised my dander last week issued
some lame ass apology. For that, I will give my own very half ass
hat tip. Nothing more, nothing less.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are a pussy.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

kcpedo: homosmack rules! so does 10th grade! i love being 14yo!
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Jsc810 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:55 pm
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:50 am Y'all got any thoughts on this UAW strike?
Seems like if the execs have been getting raises, the workers should as well.

At the mechanic getting an oil change.
Be sure to pay extra so you're not a hypocrite. If you think auto workers need to be paid more, then pay more.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Be the change you want to see in the world. Sitting in your million dollar mansion while telling someone else what to do with their payroll is the most Leftist shit ever.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:25 pm
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:50 am Y'all got any thoughts on this UAW strike?

Be sure to pay extra so you're not a hypocrite. If you think auto workers need to be paid more, then pay more.
You have no idea what a hypocrite is do you?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:11 pm Be the change you want to see in the world. Sitting in your million dollar mansion while telling someone else what to do with their payroll is the most Leftist shit ever.
Have you ever even played monopoly?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Why we live where we live.

It's September. The kids are all back in school. The tourists have pretty much gone home. It's still 80 degrees out and sunny, and the ocean water is pretty warm. We can drive 20 minutes to an uncrowded beach...

...or hang out in the back yard .

But seriously, it hasn't been the best of weeks here. My "little" brother (he was three years younger but about three or four inches taller than me) died suddenly while mountain biking with his friends near his house in Tahoe City. Just keeled over and was gone. He was 65 years old in June but has always kept in really good shape. He was a all league swimmer and water polo player in school and kept up his fitness more than just about anybody I know. He had a heart condition and an aortic aneurysm, same thing that killed my dad at 56 years, and he was planning on getting the required surgery this winter. Unfortunately he didn't make it, and we're pretty sure that's what killed him as well. We were supposed to get together next weekend in Palo Alto. Unfortunately that won't be happening. :evil:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What a pantload of crap. I've seen this sort of argument before on many different issues and it never ceases to amaze me that it keeps getting pulled out. It's either a sign of intentional disingenuousness or a complete lack of critical thinking, not addressing the issue in any way shape or form.

The CEO gets paid based on company profits. The larger the profits, the bigger his raise and/or his bonus. This gives him a strong incentive to keep pay as low as possible because it directly effects profitability. The workforce wants to make more money and feels that they deserve a raise to keep up with inflation and that would be consistent with increasing company profits. They have no control over their wages, or the CEO's compensation. Their only leverage is to negotiate, or go on strike, which they are absolutely entitled to do. It's a matter of who feels the pain first and most. If and when this starts to affect profitability, you can be sure the CEO will cave.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "if you think auto workers need to be paid more, than pay more." Dumbass.

Why do you hate capitalism?
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Damn, Mikey. Sorry to hear about your losses. Just sucks.

Take care
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roach wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:11 pm Damn, man. Sorry to hear.

Take care
Thanks Roach. He seriously was my best friend. This will take a while to come to terms with.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Damn, bro. Sorry to hear about your family. I work hard to stay healthy but you never know when your ticket will get punched. Sounds like he got every minute he could squeeze out of his ticker. I hope there is some solace in that.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Mikey wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:10 pm

What a pantload of crap. I've seen this sort of argument before on many different issues and it never ceases to amaze me that it keeps getting pulled out. It's either a sign of intentional disingenuousness or a complete lack of critical thinking, not addressing the issue in any way shape or form.
It's not crap. It's what good people do.

During COVID when restaurants first reopened my wife and I would tip everyone in the restaurant $50. We did this several times per week for most of a year because these people needed it. I didn't post angry Tweets about how Village Inn and Pizza Hut should raise their employee's wages and go to bed feeling good about myself because I made a difference on the internet. I made a difference locally. That's one difference between the Right and Left. The Right says, "Let's take care of each other." The Left says, "Someone else needs to take care of them."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:31 pm

During COVID when restaurants first reopened my wife and I would tip everyone in the restaurant $50. We did this several times per week for most of a year because these people needed it. I didn't post angry Tweets about how Village Inn and Pizza Hut should raise their employee's wages and go to bed feeling good about myself because I made a difference on the internet. I made a difference locally. That's one difference between the Right and Left. The Right says, "Let's take care of each other." The Left says, "Someone else needs to take care of them."
Yeah, it's a load of crap. Waitstaff depends on tips for a living. Last I heard, autoworkers generally are not tipped.

I may be strange, but it seems to me that serving tables and building automobiles are very different jobs. Some people might say "apples and oranges." How do you tip an autoworker?

I'm glad you feel good about yourself for being so generous. Does it hurt your shoulder at all when you pat yourself on the back?
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Damn, sorry for your loss, Mikey. I hope you have many memories to cherish (I'm sure you do). I hope you can find some solace and comfort in those memories.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Not much going on for me today. Penn State game earlier this afternoon, then mowed the lawn. Jalapeno poppers and a taco or two for me this eve... then more CFB. Have a great one, everyone.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:19 pm Damn, bro. Sorry to hear about your family. I work hard to stay healthy but you never know when your ticket will get punched. Sounds like he got every minute he could squeeze out of his ticker. I hope there is some solace in that.
At least he was doing what he liked to do. It seems like he kept putting off the surgery because the recovery would have interfered with either skiing or mountain biking at some point.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:16 pm Sorry for your brother, hang in there Mikey.

And go get yourself checked out
I get either echocardiograms or chest CTs every year because my father, my older sister, and now my bother (presumably) all died from TAD (thoracic aortic dissection). They're looking for an enlarged aortic root. I don't apparently have the same underlying condition but there's a strong family trait. Sometimes I feel like I'm living on borrowed time.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:31 pm

There is another difference, how they feel workers should be treated. You want to put them in a place where they NEED your $50. You kleptocrats are all a like.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:56 pm
Jsc810 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:16 pm Sorry for your brother, hang in there Mikey.

And go get yourself checked out
I get either echocardiograms or chest CTs every year because my father, my older sister, and now my bother (presumably) all died from TAD (thoracic aortic dissection).
Dibs on Mikey's record player.

Seriously, Mikey...my sincere condolences. I bet he felt the same way about you.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:50 am As far as the betting topic goes, had I wagered at my own convenience using the correct odds at the time of betting, I would have gone 2-1.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Biggie wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:46 pm
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:50 am As far as the betting topic goes, had I wagered at my own convenience using the correct odds at the time of betting, I would have gone 2-1.
:lol:
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:56 pm
But seriously, it hasn't been the best of weeks here. My "little" brother (he was three years younger but about three or four inches taller than me) died suddenly while mountain biking with his friends near his house in Tahoe City. Just keeled over and was gone. He was 65 years old in June but has always kept in really good shape. He was a all league swimmer and water polo player in school and kept up his fitness more than just about anybody I know. He had a heart condition and an aortic aneurysm, same thing that killed my dad at 56 years, and he was planning on getting the required surgery this winter. Unfortunately he didn't make it, and we're pretty sure that's what killed him as well. We were supposed to get together next weekend in Palo Alto. Unfortunately that won't be happening. :evil:
Mikey, I’m so sorry. That’s awful. Hang in there.

Spent my afternoon and evening completely drenched watching my Crimson Tide look like hammered shit barely getting by USF at Raymond James. Continued horrible QB play, terrible tackling, and worst of all the most inept offensive line play I’ve ever witnessed. My son and grandkids headed for the concourse when the rain got heavy, but I hung in there ‘til they cleared the field because of lightning. Don’t recall ever being so wet. My wallet and its contents are shot and my phone was acting erratic as hell. But I stayed with the Tide. The young lady (25-30 yrs old) in the tight, short black dress 2 rows down from me may have influenced my decision to stand in the downpour.

It appeared to be about 80-20 Bama fans to Bull fans. I met some really great people. Girl next to me from Michigan raving about her years in Tuscaloosa. 2 guys at a restaurant afterwards said they were from New Jersey and Connecticut and that their 4 years at UA were the best years of their lives. It’s a great school and a fun place. Fans travel well for sure. But it was embarrassing getting pushed around by USF. The Tide is in big trouble this year.