Doom

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Doom

Post by Softball Bat »

Walmart set to ramp up automation
At its annual investor event, the retail giant forecast 65% of stores to be serviced
via automation by the close of fiscal 2026.

Walmart opened its two-day 2023 Investment Community event in Tampa, Fla., by unveiling plans
to pursue automation in an even bigger way.

Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart said last year it initiated efforts to automate all of its regional
distribution centers. But late Tuesday at the investor meeting, the retail giant announced that it
expects about 65% of stores to be serviced by automation by the end of fiscal 2026, with roughly 55%
of fulfillment center volume moving through automated facilities. The transition stands to improve
unit cost averages by approximately 20%, the company estimated...

https://www.winsightgrocerybusiness.com ... automation

Cliff Notes: Pesky humans are a detriment to corporate profits!

#bots
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Time to start eating the rich. Capitalism is dead.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:51 am Walmart set to ramp up automation
At its annual investor event, the retail giant forecast 65% of stores to be serviced

Walmart opened its two-day 2023 Investment Community event in Tampa, Fla., by unveiling plans

Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart said last year it initiated efforts to automate all of its regional
distribution centers. But late Tuesday at the investor meeting, the retail giant announced that it
expects about 65% of stores to be serviced by automation by the end of fiscal 2026, with roughly 55%
of fulfillment center volume moving through automated facilities. The transition stands to improve

#bots
Good - I'm sick of seeing the drooling fools with the 1K yard stare scanning my food. Win win.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Will this help with the flash mobs?
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Sven Golly wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:54 pm

#bots
Good - I'm sick of seeing the drooling fools with the 1K yard stare scanning my food. Win win.
Of course this is about you. Pretty much sums you up.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sven Golly wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:54 pm

#bots
Yeah, having the People of Walmart ringing up their own items will definitely speed things up...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Diego in Seattle wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:24 pm Yeah, having the People of Walmart ringing up their own items will definitely speed things up...
lol

Expect more RFID chips and antennas to speed things along.

Also, look for more online ordering and pickup.
Shut up, Randy!
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

What the fuck is WalMart? Compared to Elephants? 8)

The elephant is all we'd want to be--

Exultant, wise and knowing--caring for

The world as best it can--so gracefully

Its bellowing, its bold and brassy core

Speaking for all mammalian life--and you

And I somehow with tusks of memory

Of ancient floods and plodding flights to new

Arrangements, always looking out to see

And smell and hear the world, to find the course

Of driven hunger, rivers running fast,

The night arriving with a darkening force

Of roads and travel--here we are at last..

We're crossing here--It's us, yes let us pass.

But you want us in circuses--alas...
Before God was, I am
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

OTSAI
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Japan urges evacuation as North Korean missile heads near Hokkaido

Japan urged residents of Hokkaido to seek immediate shelter on Thursday after North Korea launched at least one apparent ballistic missile, the Prime Minister’s Office said.

The country’s J-Alert warning system was activated at about 7:55 a.m., about 20 minutes after the launch, with residents urged to take shelter either inside buildings or underground...

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/ ... o-shelter/

:shock:

#doom
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland’s dream of capitalism succumbing to communism is within sight.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

As is your dream of Capitalism winning and one guy owning everything. Could go either way.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

More "woe is me" bullshit from Kierland, who is a master at it.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That is literally the opposite of what I said.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Kierland wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:36 pm As is your dream of Capitalism winning and one guy owning everything. Could go either way.
Oh is that how capitalism works you twat?

So glad you are here to enlighten us all. :meds:
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So you know that’s how it works and you are still down for the misery. Twat.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

And Squirm Worm works on a collective farm? It barks like a doggie at "Capitalism" while promoting what, exactly? It never says, of course, and similarly never promotes any public figure or policy. Gee, it might be a nasty little troll.. :oops:
Before God was, I am
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Pretty much the opposite of anything you say is a good idea. Happy now?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

We need to cut Kierland some slack. I’m sure every case he takes on is handled pro bono. I’m certain he takes on no one other than clients who are struggling against ‘the system’ and have no means of paying him.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Just like I told 88nazis when he pulled this smug assholeish card.

“I do more pro bono in a month than you did last year you smug asshole.”
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Booger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:35 pm We need to cut Kierland some slack. I’m sure every case he takes on is handled pro bono. I’m certain he takes on no one other than clients who are struggling against ‘the system’ and have no means of paying him.
The idea of Kierland doing actual lawyering is hilarious. At best he's a law clerk. More likely he's the desk reference guy at the law library.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

And you suck dicks on corners. This isn’t about me.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Arcturus

COVID variant sweeping India, is now in the U.S., the CDC says—and it’s coming in hot. What it means for the future of the pandemic

Reported COVID cases are on the decline in much of the world, as is testing. But reported cases are increasing in the WHO’s Southeast Asia region, which includes India, Indonesia, Thailand, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan, and Timor-Leste, according to the international health organization’s latest epidemiological update.

In fact, they’re up nearly 500% month over month in the region, with cases in India responsible for much of the rise. Reported cases are also trending upward in the organization’s Eastern Mediterranean region—there, they’ve increased slightly more than 100% month over month.

COVID deaths are also rising in both regions, up 109% month over month in Southeast Asia and 138% in the Eastern Mediterranean, according to the report.

India’s health ministry is holding mock drills to ensure that hospitals are prepared for a groundswell of COVID cases, the BBC reported Monday, noting that some states have again made mask-wearing in public mandatory.

Levels of XBB.1.16 are also rising in the U.S., Singapore, and Australia, among other countries, according to data from GISAID, an international research database that tracks changes in COVID and the flu virus. The variant has so far been identified in 29 countries...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/arcturus ... 33833.html

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The BEAR MARKET returns next week!

A short term prediction, because they are so enjoyable.

Not financial advise, mind you, but -----> jmo.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:16 am The BEAR MARKET returns next week!
Just shopping for a little salmon for dinner.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Wow! What a witty post. Gee, I'm sure Slop Fart will huddle in wilful displeasure after that caning. :shock:

But though it be far beyond the scope of Mikey/Meat Suck to entail, the market is the weather, and the weather is the news. And yes, the topsy-turvy events about to enfold are going to be be bickering indeed. :oops:
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Meanwhile, the actual doom to Western society celebrates Easter.. :oops:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1646978004327776258
Before God was, I am
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:16 am jmo.
jerking myself off?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:35 pm
poptart wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:16 am jmo.
jerking myself off?
juggling my onions
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Same thing
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:18 pm juggling my onions
Why exactly are you expecting a bear market?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

La Palma has been acting up again.

:shock:

The video maker pointed out the... wents.

But I am not going to poke fun at his English.
I'll leave that to Mikey.

Btw, are you aware of the tsunami potential here?

Look it up.
Look out east coast of America!

#doom
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

What's going on?

U.S. Justice Department to announce arrests in a "significant national security
matter" at 1 p.m. ET. No further details

- BNO News Live

https://twitter.com/BNODesk
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:31 am And yes, the topsy-turvy events about to enfold are going to be be bickering indeed. :oops:
You should consider enfolding your head in a plastic dry-cleaning bag, and sealing around the neck with some duct tape.

That would go a long way toward unsuring that T1B remains at least somewhat readable. Your volumes of self-loving pseudo-intellectual tripe serve as nothing but scroll wheel material for the majority of the half dozen or so masochists left in this sordid clambake.

And BTW, in case you all hadn't noticed, we were in a BEAR MARKET for almost all of 2022 and arguably have not yet exited yet. So predicting a BEAR MARKET is not exactly going out on a limb, though McCarthy and his little band of no-nothing MAGATs are certainly doing their best to crash the entire economy by forcing the US to default on our already incurred debts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:32 pm You should consider enfolding your head in a plastic dry-cleaning bag, and sealing around the neck with some duct tape.
Whoa! Mikey!

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

#ChinaDoom. Surprised China hasn't tried to Khashoggi any Chinese dissidents while in the US. :bung:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/17/nyre ... t-nyc.html
F.B.I. Arrests Two on Charges Tied to Chinese Police Outpost in NYC

For years, thousands of New Yorkers and tourists have walked past an unassuming office building in Lower Manhattan. On Monday, federal prosecutors unsealed criminal charges accusing two men of helping run an unauthorized Chinese police outpost there, one of more than 100 around the globe used to intimidate and control China’s citizens abroad, and to stamp out criticism of the ruling Communist Party.

The two men were arrested on Monday and charged with conspiring to act as agents of the Chinese government, and with obstructing justice. They are said to have used the police outpost to intimidate Chinese dissidents living in the United States, on China’s behalf.

Charges were also unveiled in two related cases: one against 34 Chinese police officers accused of harassing Chinese nationals who lived in the New York area, and another against eight Chinese officials accused of directing a Zoom employee based in China to remove dissidents from the platform.

The Manhattan police outpost, court papers say, was overseen by the Fuzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau, a branch of China’s Ministry of Public Security. It is one of scores of such operations around the world that have unnerved diplomats and intelligence officials.

The case represents the first time criminal charges have been brought in connection with such a police outpost, according to the U.S. attorney’s office in Brooklyn.

The charges against the men, Lu Jianwang, 61, also known as Harry Lu, and Chen Jinping, 59, grew out of an investigation by the F.B.I. and the U.S. attorney’s office into the outpost, which conducted its operations without jurisdiction or diplomatic approval.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mikey wrote:And BTW, in case you all hadn't noticed, we were in a BEAR MARKET for almost all of 2022 and arguably have not yet exited yet. So predicting a BEAR MARKET is not exactly going out on a limb,
Well, since October 1st of 2022, the markets trend has certain been UP.
The Dow has gained 5,000 pts over a six month span.

That reverses this week, and for the next number of weeks (or months) the trend will definitely be DOWN.
Jmo.

Jumping monkeys and orangutans.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:57 pm #ChinaDoom. Surprised China hasn't tried to Khashoggi any Chinese dissidents while in the US. :bung:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/17/nyre ... t-nyc.html
F.B.I. Arrests Two on Charges Tied to Chinese Police Outpost in NYC

For years, thousands of New Yorkers and tourists have walked past an unassuming office building in Lower Manhattan. On Monday, federal prosecutors unsealed criminal charges accusing two men of helping run an unauthorized Chinese police outpost there, one of more than 100 around the globe used to intimidate and control China’s citizens abroad, and to stamp out criticism of the ruling Communist Party.

The two men were arrested on Monday and charged with conspiring to act as agents of the Chinese government, and with obstructing justice. They are said to have used the police outpost to intimidate Chinese dissidents living in the United States, on China’s behalf.

Charges were also unveiled in two related cases: one against 34 Chinese police officers accused of harassing Chinese nationals who lived in the New York area, and another against eight Chinese officials accused of directing a Zoom employee based in China to remove dissidents from the platform.

The Manhattan police outpost, court papers say, was overseen by the Fuzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau, a branch of China’s Ministry of Public Security. It is one of scores of such operations around the world that have unnerved diplomats and intelligence officials.

The case represents the first time criminal charges have been brought in connection with such a police outpost, according to the U.S. attorney’s office in Brooklyn.

The charges against the men, Lu Jianwang, 61, also known as Harry Lu, and Chen Jinping, 59, grew out of an investigation by the F.B.I. and the U.S. attorney’s office into the outpost, which conducted its operations without jurisdiction or diplomatic approval.
This is seriously fvcked up.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

That was pretty wild.

SpaceX folks seemed okay, though. Not overly disappointed.