How to rebuild in SWFLA.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

Re: How to rebuild in SWFLA.

Post by Kierland »

A) I get that you are stupid but houses get hit all the time. It’s a mathematical fallacy to say “who give a fuck” just because FM has not taken a direct hit since ‘38.

B) I get that you are stupid but dikes work in Holland because of the higher ground to the West. You are talking about encirclement which is a different animal therefor you can’t use Holland as an example.

It’s pretty scary to watch ya all’s thought process when a new threat/subject/situation arises and know that everyone of you smooth brained septic systems gets to vote.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Kierland wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:09 pm A) I get that you are stupid but houses get hit all the time. It’s a mathematical fallacy to say “who give a fuck” just because FM has not taken a direct hit since ‘38.
You might as well say, "I don't live in Florida and I don't know anything."
Shut up, Randy!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dikes work in Holland because dikes work. Man has been building them for a while now.

Build them properly and they will direct surges around the areas they are designed to protect.

Of course this does mean that areas outside the dikes will get a little additional surge. This is why we can’t simply dike the entire state.

And your contention that this sort of thing will happen regularly now has a few documented centuries to prove you wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Dude have you been to Florida? Seen FM? You don’t direct the water away from anywhere as it always going to be directed towards someone house that way. Again you are talking about encirclement and yes you would have to do the whole state. You think you are the first dumbass to think of dikes?

That state gets hit damn near every year, so yes it happens all the time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I have been to FM.

As with most of the state, it has concentrated areas of development surrounded by vast swamps errrrrrr I mean wetland.

It would be relatively easy and cheap to enclose these developed areas with dikes that are 20 ft high. Maybe 25 ft to be safe.

This would mean that areas outside the dikes would see another foot or two of surge, but so what? They are already swamp.

Take a look at a satellite map of the area. They've already dug the fukk out of the place with canals so everybody can be "water front". So, this can be done, as it has been, in many places.

It is time to accept the fact that Florida gets whacked by hurricanes every now and then. The answer is deal with it rather than think you can Carbon capture your way to a future that has no hurricanes.

And yes, we'll build plenty of your ugly but sturdy round homes. Actually, I'm kind of warming to the idea of round houses, primarily because building them from poured reinforced concrete results in something that will stand up to any hurricane, tactical nukes, big bad wolves, whatfukking ever. And unlike stick built homes, costs won't be much more than straight sides homes. Build the fukking things 2 or 3 stories and keep your expensive stuff upstairs incase the dikes don't hold up because democrats run things and don't maintain them.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Enclose=Encircling which is what a I said in the FIRST place, and no it wouldn’t be easy or it would have been done. Again have you even been to Florida?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Of course "The State" gets hit by many storms. It's a big fukking state right smack in the middle of hurricane territory. But any particular area does not get hit often.

As for dike building being hard, uhhhh, no it isn't, really. Hate to go back to the dutch example, but those fukks did it with shovels in the middle ages. Doing it today with heavy equipment is child's play. You simply push the earf up into piles, plant a little vegetation on it,so it doesn't erode and viola, you got a dike. Main roads through the area tend to already be built up a bit higher, so they don't flood with every thunderstorm. Perhaps some of these could be used. Just raise them another 10-15 ft.

Dikes on the barrier islands would not make sense. They are long and thin. You simply don't get enough acreage inside a diked area. But those places are high dollar. Those rich fukks can afford raised structures. The dikes would serve the poor huddled masses further inland in their trailers.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Every fucking year is pretty often and again, for the dummies, you can’t encircle the whole state or somebody would have.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Your reading comp is stunningly lacking for someone who claims to be an attorney.

I will say it again.

You don't need to dike the entire state. Coastal swamps are enormous in that area. Let them flood. Building tends to be in concentrated areas. Protect these with dikes. Any building outside these areas should be done with the expectation that it will flood. This includes the barrier islands where the rich fukks can afford to lift their multimillion dollar pads a story or two.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

One more time for the stupid. That’s called encircling which is what I said the first time you posted about dikes. You can’t encircle whole counties which is what you would have to do. I have driven from Jax to Miami. It’s all people. You can’t make a dike from Jax to Miami on the coast and then one all the way up the interior to encircle it. That’s fucking retarded, like you.