US Open

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

US Open

Post by Softball Bat »

Big happenings!

1. Of course the best player in the world NoVax Djokovic, was *BANNED* from participating in the Open, due to ridiculous US Government policies. NoVax was similarly *BANNED* from participating in the Aussie Open. Being kept out of half of the grand slam events in a year is a travesty. Props to him for not bowing the knee to naziis. Djokovic is on the right side of history.

2. #1 seed D. Medvedev was taken out in the round of 16 by N. Kyrgios, who played a great match. It remains to be seen if Nick can keep it together to go all the way.

3. #2 seed R. Nadal was taken out in the round of 16 by F. Tiafoe. It is the biggest win of Tiafoe's career.

The three top players in the world (NoVax, Medvedev, and Nadal) are -----> OUT
R. Federer is not playing due to injury.

The quarterfinal match-ups are set!

Kyrgios vs. Khachanov - I like Kyrgios in 4 sets
Berrettini vs. Ruud - I like Berrettini in 4 sets
Sinner vs. Alcaraz - I like Alcaraz in 5 sets
Rublev vs. Tiafoe - I like Tiafoe in 5 sets, based on crowd support. He is the only remaining American.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Re: US Open

Post by Kierland »

Funny how NoVax is only likely alive due to the many vaccines he and the rest of us have taken over the years.

But that’s diff. 🙄
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

What the fuck is wrong with Squirmy? Which vaccines has Djoker taken over the years? Name them. What's that, it's got NOTHING? As usual?
Before God was, I am
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

BCG HepB-BD DTP1 DTP3 HepB3 Hib3 Pol3 PCV3 Rotac RCV1 MCV1 MCV

Any other stupid questions, nazii?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Absolute bullshit from a cistern of steaming crap. At issue is the monstrous HOAX of Covid and its felonious abettors like Fauci and the hooknosed parasites at the CDC and the WHO..

The 2022 U.S. Open is thoroughly tainted by banning Djoker--especially after all the restrictions have been lifted. It's outrageous.
Before God was, I am
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So you want to pick and choose the science you like.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Yes, absolutely. Especially when the "science" is coming from a commie lunatic asylum--like the CDC and WHO, as well as the grotesque affront that is the Biden shit show.

As for Djoker, he's been wary of vaccines all along.
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:Kyrgios vs. Khachanov - I like Kyrgios in 4 sets
Berrettini vs. Ruud - I like Berrettini in 4 sets
Wrong.
Wrong.

Kyrgios got knocked out in 5 sets.
Ruud spanked Berrettini in straight sets.

I am pleased to see Kyrgios lose.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:46 am Yes, absolutely. Especially when the "science" is coming from a commie lunatic asylum--like the CDC and WHO, as well as the grotesque affront that is the Biden shit show.

As for Djoker, he's been wary of vaccines all along.
Then he is stupider than even you.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:I am pleased to see Kyrgios lose.

:lol:

Somebody needs a diaper change!
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

McEnroe went at it with a bit more class.

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:Sinner vs. Alcaraz - I like Alcaraz in 5 sets
Rublev vs. Tiafoe - I like Tiafoe in 5 sets, based on crowd support. He is the only remaining American.
Alcaraz and Tiafoe do indeed advance to the semifinals.

Sinner gagged away a match point in set 4, and let a break lead evaporate in both sets 4 and 5.
Alcaraz hung tough and won this physical war in 5 sets.
The match finished at almost 3:00 AM.
lol

Alcaraz is just 19 years old, so I suppose he will be able to bounce back and be ready for the semis, but that remains to be seen.

Tiafoe is the story of the tournament.
NOBODY had him reaching the semifinals.
He is a huge underdog story.

Frances is the first Yank to reach the men's semis of the US Open since 2006.
American (men) tennis has been embarrassingly bad since Agassi retired.

Tiafoe will have tremendous crowd support in the upcoming match vs. Alcaraz, which should be a good one!
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Indeed, Tiafoe's backhand is a mighty weapon--immediately taking control of a point if not an outright winner. What's kept him back so long?
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I think his overall stroke production is suspect.
But he is physically strong and is quick around the court.
A good athlete.

Khachanov vs. Ruud - I'll take Ruud in 4 sets
Alcaraz vs. Tiafoe - Alcaraz in 5 sets
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:Khachanov vs. Ruud - I'll take Ruud in 4 sets
Ruud does win it in 4 sets.
He advances to his 2nd grand slam final this year.

Waiting now for the main event -- Tiafoe vs. Alcaraz.

:popcorn:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hey Dan Vogel, do pros get their rackets restrung after every match? I ask because I walked into the merchandise shop at the City Open and was surprised to see like 5+ people all stringing rackets. Couldn't be for guests.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Yes.

I'm pretty sure the players take a handful of freshly strung racquets to the court for each match.

When a racquet gets used, the strings loosen up, and even more-so the way these guys rocket the ball around.

They would definitely not use the same racquet (with the same strings) for 2 matches in a row.

In fact, I think they will often change racquets in the middle of a match because the strings have become too loose for their liking.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:18 am Yes.

I'm pretty sure the players take a handful of freshly strung racquets to the court for each match.

When a racquet gets used, the strings loosen up, and even more-so the way these guys rocket the ball around.

They would definitely not use the same racquet (with the same strings) for 2 matches in a row.

In fact, I think they will often change racquets in the middle of a match because the strings have become too loose for their liking.
What's going on with Tiafoe? He has really melted here. He's fighting for dear life now.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Tiafoe is not serving well enough to win this match.
He is fortunate just to be alive in a 5th set.

When they get into baseline rallies, Alcaraz is the more solid player.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:Alcaraz vs. Tiafoe - Alcaraz in 5 sets
And that's how it went.

Carlitos Alcaraz will square off against Casper (not a ghost) Ruud in the final.

The fascinating situation is that whoever wins the match will rise to #1 in the world, despite the fact that neither of them have ever won a major title.

It seems we are witnessing a "changing of the guard."

Federer (age 40) is pretty much out of the picture.
Nadal (aging) was clearly struggling a lot in this Open.
Djokovic (best in the world) will apparently not be eligible for the next major (Aussie Open in January), so he is slipping in the rankings, and won't play another major until May of 2023 (French Open).

If Alcaraz wins he will be the 2nd youngest to win the US Open.
Pistol Pete Sampras won it at age 19 and 1 month.
Carlitos is 19 years and 4 months old.

Alcaraz and Ruud have played twice, with Alcaraz winning both times in straight sets.
One match was on hard courts and one was on clay.
They have never played a five set match against each other.

I will think about this match-up and make my prediction -----> later.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I did not stay up to watch the end of the match last night, but it was pretty god and g0d damn entertaining. Rack tennis.

Today, I will be slapping balls around on the court, dreaming that I am Tiafoe.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:I will think about this match-up and make my prediction -----> later.
It's hard for me to picture the scenario where Ruud wins this match.
I suppose it can happen if Carlos truly runs out of gas, seeing as he has played three physical 5-setters in a row.

Casper Ruud lacks an overwhelming weapon (serve or forehand) to make Alcaraz feel uncomfortable, and to win "easy" points.
Ruud will have to grind away, point-after-point, and the problem for him is that he and Carlitos play a very similar style -- and Carlitos does it just a bit better.

That means Alcaraz could possibly win this thing in straight sets, imo.

But I will give Ruud a set and *OFFICIALLY* predict that Alcaraz will win it in 4 sets.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:But I will give Ruud a set and *OFFICIALLY* predict that Alcaraz will win it in 4 sets.
That's how it went down.

Ruud played tough, but didn't quite have enough game to get it done.

Props to Carlos Alcaraz!

Best court coverage in the game.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Good call though Ruud had several chances in the third. Identical games--as well as Tiafoe.
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

It's unreal what Ruud had to do to win a point.

Alcaraz' court coverage is insane.

Jerry Seinfeld in the crowd at 0:35. :)
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Yep, serious shades of Sampras, but better. He was simply stronger and hitting harder than Ruud. It's cool that normal six-footers can still rule.
Before God was, I am
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:08 amR. Federer
Retiring after a legendary career.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

A case can be made that Federer is the GOAT.

Early Federer had the best footwork of any player I have seen.
He had the best forehand of any player I have seen, and that is saying a lot, because there have been a lot players with great forehands.

Federer won 8 times on the biggest stage in tennis, Wimbledon, including 5 in a row.
He also won 5 straight U.S. Opens.
He won the career slam (winning U.S. Open, French, Aussie Open, and Wimbledon).
He holds the record (by far) for most consecutive weeks at #1 in the world (237).
He is 2nd (to J. Connors) in most career titles (102).

Roger had the total package.
He was as well rounded as one can be -- serve, volleys, overhead, mid-court game, baseline, return of serve, court coverage.

Legend.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:20 pm A case can be made that Federer is the GOAT.

Early Federer had the best footwork of any player I have seen.
He had the best forehand of any player I have seen, and that is saying a lot, because there have been a lot players with great forehands.

Federer won 8 times on the biggest stage in tennis, Wimbledon, including 5 in a row.
He also won 5 straight U.S. Opens.
He won the career slam (winning U.S. Open, French, Aussie Open, and Wimbledon).
He holds the record (by far) for most consecutive weeks at #1 in the world (237).
He is 2nd (to J. Connors) in most career titles (102).

Roger had the total package.
He was as well rounded as one can be -- serve, volleys, overhead, mid-court game, baseline, return of serve, court coverage.

Legend.
How do you define "great footwork?" Is it like how Kierland defines a not guilty verdict as innocent?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I neglected to note that Roger won 20 grand slam titles, and was part of arguably the greatest Wimbledon final ever (2008 loss to Nadal).

The first point of this 2004 US Open final where Roger crushed L. Hewitt, shows his incredible forehead.
It looks like a normal rally is starting and the Roger just ratchets it up so effortlessly to crush a winner off the forehand side.

This is how he did it.
Things look normal and then *BANG*... he rifles a winner off the forehand.
Scary great.

The reason I found his footwork to be so great is because at every moment his opponent is going to make contact with the ball, Roger has made a little "hop step" and has his belly button faced directly toward his opponent.
He is in perfect balance and is ready to react well to his opponent's shot.
And this is part of the reason why his forehand is so great. He is always early to the ball and is in great position to take his swipe at it.

You can also notice that his is taking a lot of small step so that he gets his body is great position to be on balance when he is going to strike the ball.
Most players have lazy, heavy feet -- and as such, they are not in good balance when they are going to hit the ball.
So of course, the racquet face goes off target and errors occur.

R. Federer was a wizard.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:56 am I neglected to note that Roger won 20 grand slam titles, and was part of arguably the greatest Wimbledon final ever (2008 loss to Nadal).

The first point of this 2004 US Open final where Roger crushed L. Hewitt, shows his incredible forehead.
It looks like a normal rally is starting and the Roger just ratchets it up so effortlessly to crush a winner off the forehand side.

This is how he did it.
Things look normal and then *BANG*... he rifles a winner off the forehand.
Scary great.

The reason I found his footwork to be so great is because at every moment his opponent is going to make contact with the ball, Roger has made a little "hop step" and has his belly button faced directly toward his opponent.
He is in perfect balance and is ready to react well to his opponent's shot.
And this is part of the reason why his forehand is so great. He is always early to the ball and is in great position to take his swipe at it.

You can also notice that his is taking a lot of small step so that he gets his body is great position to be on balance when he is going to strike the ball.
Most players have lazy, heavy feet -- and as such, they are not in good balance when they are going to hit the ball.
So of course, the racquet face goes off target and errors occur.

R. Federer was a wizard.
Thanks for explaining! I watched some of the video. He made it look easy. Effortless backhand.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

And he's the last of the one hand backhander? There hasn't been a top ten single hander for a long time. Lendl? :?:
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

It has been 20 years since someone (other than Federer) with a one handed backhand won a major.
Albert Costa (one handed backhand) won the French Open in 2002.

Gustavo Kuerten is the last player (other than Federer) with a one handed backhand to be #1 in the world.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Kuerten, that's right. Gotta love those Brazilian Germans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZQA_j1 ... M&index=24

Federer is half German and half Afrikaner--which is that Dutch definition of toughness..

(the ultimate walk up music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_rQPPzH2w
Before God was, I am
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 am And he's the last of the one hand backhander? There hasn't been a top ten single hander for a long time. Lendl? :?:
His countryman Wawrinka has arguably one of the smoothest one-handers of this century, also a top five player (not anymore, soon to follow Roger to retirement).

Tsitsipas and Thiem(wtf?) maybe best remaining.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I'm glad you came into this thread and brought up Wawrinka.

Because I forgot about him and was wrong about this...
poptart wrote:It has been 20 years since someone (other than Federer) with a one handed backhand won a major.
Albert Costa (one handed backhand) won the French Open in 2002.
Stan (one handed backhand) won 3 majors.
Aussie - 2014
French - 2015
US Open - 2016
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

That's right, I forgot Warinka, who somehow won a major amid the Big Three. And Tsitsipas too. Well good, damn it.
Before God was, I am
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

And whilst we’re going far back enough to talk about Guga Kuerten (awesome clay courter with a one-hander), we mustn’t forget about Thomas Muster, the “King of Clay” in the mid nineties who reached #1 in 1996. Although I believe his forehand was one of the best strokes to emulate.

His comeback was one of the great stories at that time, I remember him hitting forehands on a tennis court while sitting in a chair with his full leg propped up in a cast. Classic schtuff.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Muster was an animal.
Peter Duncan
Fuckin' Noob

Post by Peter Duncan »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:16 am Backhand
Technique used in wanking to give a fresh feel to the dick. Similar to making your Jack arm numb first by laying on it, or using the non-usual wank hand (making love to a stranger).

It's all about making it fresh.
Wankin' like a boss . . .