No power for you

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

No power for you

Post by Left Seater »

Sometimes you almost have to feel bad for the citizens of California. Then you remember they bring this on themselves.

Power is being cut off to maybe 2 million residents to prevent fires. PG&E is basically saying our shit is in such bad shape we have to shut it down so we don’t burn you out.

Of course this isn’t sitting well with many, including a State Senator who claimed “this isn’t some third world country.”
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Re: No power for you

Post by Ban Kierfag »

I lived in California when we had a Republican Gov....
Last edited by Ban Kierfag on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:38 pm Sometimes you almost have to feel bad for the citizens of California. Then you remember they bring this on themselves.

Power is being cut off to maybe 2 million residents to prevent fires. PG&E is basically saying our shit is in such bad shape we have to shut it down so we don’t burn you out.

Of course this isn’t sitting well with many, including a State Senator who claimed “this isn’t some third world country.”
PG&E is a public company with shareholders they pay instead of fixing their shit. Why didn’t you blame this, at least partially, on Capitalism you fat greedy broken fuck?
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Kierland wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:12 pm

PG&E is a public company with shareholders they pay instead of fixing their shit. Why didn’t you blame this, at least partially, on Capitalism you fat greedy broken fuck?

Capitalists keep on the power on to make $$$$$$

Crazy libtards turn the power off.

All these people without power will be voting REPUBLICAN in 2020.

Make california RED AGAIN!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Then why isn’t it on?
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Kierland wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:43 pm Then why isn’t it on?
CRAZY LIBTARDS!
WACKO ENVIRONMENTALISTS!

If you think Cali people are going to vote for $5/gallon gas and no electricity then you are a fukkking moron!

Trump > Reagan
Reagan won California twice!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Capitalists turned it off.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Because we LOVE America!
and they HATE America!
Last edited by Ban Kierfag on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

The 80's are never coming back, Stan. Go be sad somewhere else.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Now the governor is weighing in.

“I’m outraged because it didn’t have to happen,” Governor Gavin Newsom told reporters at a news conference in San Diego. “They’re in bankruptcy due to their terrible management going back decades. They’ve created these conditions, it was unnecessary.”
This doesn’t seem to be in Mikey’s hood so he should be spared. But he has the magic shade tree that we helped purchase so he should be fine regardless.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I thought this thread was going to be about re-banning Pikkkle
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 pm I thought this thread was going to be about re-banning Pikkkle
Pickle = TRUTH
SM = Lies
Ban Kierfag
Elwood

Post by Ban Kierfag »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 pm The 80's are never coming back, Stan. Go be sad somewhere else.
it's not about time
it's about truth

Why do you hate TRUTH?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:06 pm Public utilities are among the most regulated industries in the country, particularly those owned in the private sector. I do not know California law. But if it is like most other things, I suspect there are even more regulations on public utilities in California. If PG&E was a total shit of a company (and it probably is), then why didn't state regulators take it apart and get another public utility in their to provide decent service years ago?

California appears to be in a pickle (pun intended). On one hand they want to hammer the public utilities for creating fires. But on the other hand, they demand that the public utilities provide services despite that risk. I can only think of one way out of the situation, and that is for the California governor to get a pair of these shoes:

He could click them together three times and move all of the people of California to Kansas.
The answer to your first question is that they are bought and paid for by the capitalist pigs that run the utility and turned off the power.
What the Governor needs is balls. Break up the utility and let municipalities run their own services. It’s 2019. Everyone should have solar and wind and local ownership of utilities.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

88 is on to something. Just don't let them come to Florida. We just made #1 on US News and World Report's best places in the US to retire.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Did one of your loony right wing tard sites tell you that?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

I had private power with PGE west of Portland for about 20 years.Power went out every fucking day for some lame ass reason. Had to have battery alarm clocks. Infrastructure was complete shit. About 10 years ago the local public utility, City of Forest Grove, decided to extend their service down out road, installed new poles and lines and we were good to go. No cost to us at all. The power went out twice in 10 years for less than 10 minutes.

My bills dropped over 40%. 4 of us on the road had the City power, the rest of the road had the shit private power. The infrastructure is way beyond the private shit.

Now I am back with a private utility Pacific Power here in Central Oregon. Cocksuckers charged me $ 10,500 to put a pole and transformer on our property and run 330 feet over over head lines. I expect to be back with the high electrical prices when it is finally hooked up.

As for the California situation, I know a few people there and it is basically a SHTF scenario. IN Lake County, hey have been without power for 14 hours now with no predicted restoration time. ATM's don't work, all the millennials don't have cash, schools are closed, critical services have had to bring industrial generators to supply power to hospitals. Police and fire have to use generators to fuel vehicles and dispatch services.

I am not a huge fan of government operated services, but my experience with public utilities is that they do a pretty good job at less cost. Pacific Power and Electric basically has those areas by the balls. They don't want to be held liable anymore for the fires, so they basically deny services to their customers to cover their ass.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Utilities are one of the few things that government ought to do.

It's not that government is better at it. It is that free markets can't work with utilities. It would be impossible to have a dozen different companies running a line into your house.

What we have are for profit corporations that are controlled by utility commissions which of course is a recipe for corruption. Connecticut has decided to pretend to have a market system with different "providers".

Of course, they provide jack shit. All the power comes from Eversource. There are different companies which buy the power from them, then sell it to the consumer. These fukks call me about every other day.

I did switch to once with promises of lower rates, which I got....for a while. You know how that movie ends.

There is one city in Connecticut, Wallingford, that actually owns its own power generation system. They have the lowest rates in the state and everyone I have ever spoke to that lives there, loves them. Maybe town/county owned might be the way to go. It limits the size, which increases accountability.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I'm not really sure how it works here in Florida. I have FPL (Florida Power & Light) and my yearly utility bills are lowers than they were back in CNY where I had one company for electric and another for natural gas. I'm all electric here and even summer running AC, pool filter and all my monthly bill is under $200.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

No shutoffs around here. I'm still working on getting my battery set up for backup power. This will probably happen next year.

Right now it's set up for load shifting. This is saving me a couple of hundred $$ a month on the arbitrage, but it's a whole different thing setting it up for backup. You need a transfer switch so that the PV array isn't energizing the grid when power gets shut off. This protects utility line workers from getting fried when working on a supposedly non-energized circuit. You also need a subpanel with all the critical loads you want to power with your battery, generator, or whatever when you're in backup mode. You generally don't want to connect to the entire house - just some lights, refrigerator, etc. - unless you can afford a huge generator to power your AC, pool pump, and other stuff too.

Best thing to do here when the power goes out is get some meat out of the freezer to grill, sit outside and look at the stars while all the lights are out.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:52 am sit outside and look at the stars while all the lights are out.
I can walk outside here in Central Oregon at 3,000 foot elevation with no other lights around in the area, and stare at the Milky Way and the best star show you could imagine. It is amazing. Fire up the propane fireplace, put on a good coat and a good Irish coffee helps against the 26 degree temps.
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Brings back memories of our trip to Bryce Canyon. It is about 8000 feet. Amazing show at night. One night, a local astronomy club had all their telescopes set up in the visitor center parking lot. I remember looking up at what appeared to be a plane. One of the astronomy geeks says "nope. planes flash. it's a satellite."

I need to get back out there soon.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Some old dude, reliant on O2, croaked yesterday when the power was shut down.

Nice third world grid you got out there Cali.

Too bad all your power dollars are going to "green" stuff rather than upkeep of what used to be the world's best power distribution system.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Too bad so many ignorant people fall hook, line and sinker for PG&E’s little power play tantrum.

Basically, “if you’re going to hold us and our shareholders responsible for our massive fuckups we’ll just turn your fucking power off.”
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

BTW, last time they deregulated the public ( investor owned) utilities here we ended up with Enron. No thanks.

The eventual answer here, I think, is going to be CCA (Community Choice Aggregation).
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I’m practically off grid as it is. All their little tantrum did was put me closer to electric independence.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 am I can walk outside here in Central Oregon at 3,000 foot elevation with no other lights around in the area, and stare at the Milky Way and the best star show you could imagine. It is amazing. Fire up the propane fireplace, put on a good coat and a good Irish coffee helps against the 26 degree temps.
What about the meths
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 pm
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 am I can walk outside here in Central Oregon at 3,000 foot elevation with no other lights around in the area, and stare at the Milky Way and the best star show you could imagine. It is amazing. Fire up the propane fireplace, put on a good coat and a good Irish coffee helps against the 26 degree temps.
What about the meths
Makes the stars shine even brighter.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

For longer. Even ones that really aren’t there.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

schmick wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 am
Mikey wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:52 am sit outside and look at the stars while all the lights are out.
I can walk outside here in Central Oregon at 3,000 foot elevation with no other lights around in the area, and stare at the Milky Way and the best star show you could imagine. It is amazing. Fire up the propane fireplace, put on a good coat and a good Irish coffee helps against the 26 degree temps.

Nothing helps in 26 degrees.

I can not stand to wear long pants, how the fuck am I going to deal with a coat?
You won't because you are a pussy.
Derron
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Derron wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 am a good Irish coffee helps against the 26 degree temps.

Ahhh, a lover of yet another invention created in San Francisco and abused by the masses.

Remember, without the San Francisco Bay Area... you wouldn't be posting on this message board or enjoying Irish coffee.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 am

Nothing helps in 26 degrees.

I can not stand to wear long pants, how the fuck am I going to deal with a coat?
Maybe you could try some leggings under your skirt.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

How much did they have to pay two hotties to sit next to an obviously total gaylord?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So, all this grid disfunction is due to mean shareholders?

Weren't they mean over the last 100 years when they built the greatest, most reliable grid in the world?

You and I grew up in a world where stable power wasn't even thought about. It was just assumed that it was always there and would be, forevah.

What has changed?

As far as I can see, the profit motive has always been there. What has changed, is that the grid is now supplied by thousands, if not millions of small erratic generators. How the fukk they can get it to function at all is a miracle.

Maybe they will get it ironed out eventually, but it will involve a metric shit ton of very expensive batteries.

But, it'll be green, so I guess it's all good. :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:29 pm
But, it'll be green, so I guess it's all good. :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:
So Oregons liberal pussy eating, or dick sucking governor (depends on who is available at the time) in all her failed attempts to make Oregons economy "green" and her recent failed carbon tax took a private jet from Salem to Sunriver, a distance of about 120 nautical miles or maybe 140 by car. Hell did not even get above 10,000 feet in a 20 minute or less flight. Hypocritical liberal honk.

Don't do as I do , do as I say you should.

https://www.deschutesrepublicans.org/po ... 4z5YnFDgDc

Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I am sure her very busy schedule demands she get from one appointment to the next as quickly as possible. Of course, for a 140 mile trip that will still likely be a car, unless your point of origin and final destination happen to both be airports.

I'll bet Leonardo DiCaprio, that green warrior with the 300 ft yacht is a big fan.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

California is at the mercy of foreign born interests who wish to bring Mexican misery and Chinese callousness to our shores. It is what it is.