Patriots vs. Steelers - In Game

The best of the best
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
Jeff 2K5 wrote:
Hapday wrote:The last comment Shanon Sharpe made in the pre-game show was that New England didn't have the best defence in this game.

Wrong
I think he was referring to the fact that statistically the Steelers had the #1 D in the league this season. However when it matters most on the field, the Pats have had the best D and certainly in the playoffs the Pats D has been the best of all the playoff teams.

BSmack wrote:BTW: Nobody ever said that Brady wasn't one of the better QBs in the NFL. The debate was wether or not Brady is a better QB than Manning. I'm not entirely sure that Brady is a better QB than McNabb, and I know damn well that Farve would dominate if given that team to play with.
Oh you mean the same Favre who's thrown 25+ INT's every year of his career and who has an INT rate of 2 per quarter in the playoffs the last few years? :roll: :?

Why did the Steelers lose yesterday? Turnovers. Favre turns the ball over, Brady doesn't. Brady is about to win a 3rd ring with no-name WR's, Favre has 1 ring only because of Desmond Howard. Nuff said.

Brady doesn't turn the ball over, oh by the way that's how teams win games in the playoffs. When Favre hasn't had great WR's, his stats have sucked in recent years. Crucial playoff games the last few years, Favre throws INT's left and right.

As for the Brady vs Manning debate, Manning has 15 pro bowl caliber weapons on offense, Brady has a bunch of no-name WR's. I'll take Brady and his 2 about to be 3 rings over Manning's none.
Where do I even start with this tard?

Oh wait, you're the jackass who compared Cowher's gameplan to Shottenhiemer. That means your opinion doesn't count.
It got the same result didn't it? Oh wait, the Chargers game was close so scratch that. He is a jackass for suggesting that.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:And?

That's what they do. They force you to make mistakes and then they make you pay for it.
Those INTs were hardly forced errors. The first two INTs Roethlisberger had recievers wide open on the SAME SIDE of the field as his INTs, but did not check down to them. For Christ sakes, the open men were on the same line of sight as the guys he was thowing to who were covered. In other words, those were about as unforced as you could get. The final INT was... well who the hell knows that the throw was? All I do know is that Roethlisberger had a mad wide open and flat out missed him.
Enough with the bullshit excuses already. The Steelers just got whipped by the better team. The Steeler defense played it's worst game of the year in their most important game of the year. EOS
It's hardly excusing the game away to say that the Steelers and Pats defenses were equal. That game was lost by an offense that suffered from a rookie QB and a lack of creativity.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:Where do I even start with this tard?

Oh wait, you're the jackass who compared Cowher's gameplan to Shottenhiemer. That means your opinion doesn't count.
It got the same result didn't it? Oh wait, the Chargers game was close so scratch that. He is a jackass for suggesting that.
It got the same result as 50% of the coaches this year. And that about where the fucking similarities end.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
It's hardly excusing the game away to say that the Steelers and Pats defenses were equal. That game was lost by an offense that suffered from a rookie QB and a lack of creativity.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Easily the funniest post of the day.

You can keep trying to argue the point but you look like a bigger idiot every time. The game wasn't even close thanks the Patriots defence AND offense.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can keep trying to argue the point but you look like a bigger idiot every time. The game wasn't even close thanks the Patriots defence AND offense.
I'm sorry, but if you think a D that gives up 27 points is having a great game, then you need your fucking head checked.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

BSmack wrote: It's hardly excusing the game away to say that the Steelers and Pats defenses were equal. That game was lost by an offense that suffered from a rookie QB and a lack of creativity.

I agree that in large part the game was lost due to a rookie QB's inexperience. His early pick and Bettis's fumble put Pitt in a hole early.

And the Steelers & Pats defenses were equal...equally poor on several occasions.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bettis' fumble didn't mean much. It was on fourth down and he wasn't making it either. Turnover on downs or turnover by fumble, giving N.E. the ball on their own 40-45.

The Ints were the result of great defense by N.E. d-backs and the first one was karma for the Immaculate Reception.

Ben's inexperience was the key factor, IMHO. It had an impact on the Defense, and the playcalling.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Mississippi Neck wrote:
And the Steelers & Pats defenses were equal...equally poor on several occasions.

Don't mistake prevent defense points as being 'equally poor defense'. New England stopped Bettis on a 4th and 1, and held the Steelers to a field goal after a first-and-goal at the two. It was quite obvious which team had the better defense yesterday and the final score highlights that point quite well.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, but if you think a D that gives up 27 points is having a great game, then you need your fucking head checked.
How about a D that gives up 41 points? Is that "a great game"?

Oh yeah, that's right....blame the rookie.
And let's subtract the rookie's turnovers from the point total. If you come up with 41, then you must be a Florida vote counter.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Can't stay away from politics can you B ?

Maybe Cowher should have had the Wisconsin Democrats play a visit to N.E.'s team bus before the game. :lol: :lol:

Link for Reference:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/ ... index.html
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote: I'm sorry, but if you think a D that gives up 27 points is having a great game, then you need your fucking head checked.
How about a D that gives up 41 points? Is that "a great game"?

Oh yeah, that's right....blame the rookie.
And let's subtract the rookie's turnovers from the point total. If you come up with 41, then you must be a Florida vote counter.
So every single INT and fumble was returned for a TD? Here I thought Harrison had the only one. That's funny because I thought that Pittsburgh's dominant defense had an opportunity to force the Patriots to a three-and-out after those other turnovers......
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Can't stay away from politics can you B ?

Maybe Cowher should have had the Wisconsin Democrats play a visit to N.E.'s team bus before the game. :lol: :lol:

Link for Reference:

I would have been alright with an NYPD style plungering of Tom Brady.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:

Link for Reference:

You mean like the one you are getting in this thread?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well the turnover on downs/Bettis fumble = a Field Goal for 3 points.

One interception was returned for a TD

And I think there was a another INT N.E. offense converted into 7.

Somewhere on this board somebody already broke that down. 17 POINTS as a direct result of turnovers.

10 by the Offense

7 a direct score by D.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:So every single INT and fumble was returned for a TD? Here I thought Harrison had the only one. That's funny because I thought that Pittsburgh's dominant defense had an opportunity to force the Patriots to a three-and-out after those other turnovers......
Let's see....

We'll start with 41 points.

Now let's subtract the 7 points for the TD return off the INT. That brings us down to 34

Now let's subtract the 3 points for the FG the resulted from the first INT (a big ol 18 yard drive). Now we're down to 31

And then there were the 7 points scored on the drive after Roethlisberger's last INT. That's a total of 17 points that were cashed in off stupid and totaly preventable trunovers. Meanwhile, the Steelers D recieved no such favors.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Link for Reference:

You mean like the one you are getting in this thread?

Bitch, you've managed to turn your team's victory into your own personal humiliation thanks to your idiocy. If I were you, I'd go back to counting the years until the Leafs play again.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

mvscal wrote:
JHawkBCD wrote:his average yards per attempt came out to 9.9 on a 67% completion rate (14 for 21).
Those are both excellent numbers, BTW. You have just KYOA.
If you're playing for Marty Schottenheimer, perhaps.

Of course, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, retard.

Read the whole fucking statement that you Cut n' Pauled that quote from.

Take away the two "bombs" that HerpDay is crowing about, and you have a 5.3 yard per attempt average. Not quite tearing it up a la Peyton Manning, I'd say.

It all goes back to what I said to start, and what Bsmack has maintained - New England's defense capitalized on Roethlisberger's idiot mistakes, but otherwise didn't do a whole lot. Roethlisberger, on his remaining attempts that didn't get picked, equalled or slightly bettered Brady's numbers (not including the interceptions, 14 for 21, 226 yards, 10.8 yards per attempt). The interceptions were the product of dumb ass Roethlisberger decisions and not the product of any genius scheme that Crennel was scripting.

Once the numbers are looked at with an objective eye, it's easy to see that New England's defense ain't quite as solid as PatFan would like to believe.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:So every single INT and fumble was returned for a TD? Here I thought Harrison had the only one. That's funny because I thought that Pittsburgh's dominant defense had an opportunity to force the Patriots to a three-and-out after those other turnovers......
Let's see....

Now let's subtract the 7 points for the TD return off the INT. That brings us down to 34

Now let's subtract the 3 points for the FG the resulted from the first INT (a big ol 18 yard drive). Now we're down to 31

And then there were the 7 points scored on the drive after Roethlisberger's last INT. That's a total of 17 points that were cashed in off stupid and totaly preventable trunovers. Meanwhile, the Steelers D recieved no such favors.
You just completely kicked your own ass with that post but you are waaaaaaaayyy to stupid to realize it.

I am starting to believe you like the feeling of of all the wooden splinters up your ass, that this plungering is causing you.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Let's see....

You just completely kicked your own ass with that post but you are waaaaaaaayyy to stupid to realize it.
Then why don't you be so kind as to point it out fuckwad?

Or can't you?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

OK, so don't the seven points Harrison ran back, the Steelers defense STILL gave up 34 POINTS!!

You can point fingers and blame Big Ben all you want, but the fact is even after the fumble and INTs the Steelers defense wasn't good enough to force the Patriots to many three-and-outs or turnovers of any kind the whole game.

You clearly pointed that out in your post.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:OK, so don't the seven points Harrison ran back, the Steelers defense STILL gave up 34 POINTS!!

You can point fingers and blame Big Ben all you want, but the fact is even after the fumble and INTs the Steelers defense wasn't good enough to force the Patriots to many three-and-outs or turnovers of any kind the whole game.

You clearly pointed that out in your post.
My point was that the Pats D played at the same level as the Steelers. I think we've established that fact. Now please go back to the Greatest Coach Ever thread and continue to amuse me with your arguments for Chuck Knox as a coach on par with Shula, Lombardi, Brown and Walsh.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
My point was that the Pats D played at the same level as the Steelers. .
The scoreboard, like everyone in this thread, proves you are completely wrong.

BSmack wrote: Now please go back to the Greatest Coach Ever thread and continue to amuse me with your arguments for Chuck Knox as a coach on par with Shula, Lombardi, Brown and Walsh.
:oops: :oops:

I was thinking Chuck Noll, and for some reason Chuck Knox got typed in my post. I am sure that was the first and last time Chuck Knox will get mistaken for Chuck Noll.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Hapday wrote: The scoreboard, like everyone in this thread, proves you are completely wrong.
Typical TOT retard... the more he claims scoreboard, the less he really has it.

Rack Bsmack for melting this retard.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

JHawkBCD wrote:
Hapday wrote: The scoreboard, like everyone in this thread, proves you are completely wrong.

You just know the little putz from Ottawa thought he was going to get over today. I can just picture him writing his first little "I bet BSmack won't even show his face" post laughing with his pants around his ankles, naked Eskimo chicks porn on the screen and a fucking Tim Horton's glazed around his 3 inch chubby only to see that laughter turn into bewilderment as he struggled to understand how, after backing the winning team, he repeatedly had to yank his size 6 petite shoe out of his overactive piehole.

I guess some people never learn. :wink:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

JHawkBCD wrote:

How sore are your arms from swinging on Bsmacks nutsack for two days?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:How sore are your arms from swinging on Bsmacks nutsack for two days?
You only wish you knew how funny that was. Seriously Hap, reading you is like watching an Ed Wood film. It wasn't meant to be funny, but you just have to crack up.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:How sore are your arms from swinging on Bsmacks nutsack for two days?
You only wish you knew how funny that was.
So it is one of your trolls. Nice.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Damn! You busted me!

Please don't tell the mods.

Pretty please?

:oops:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

This game went to overtime? The referee should use discretion here and end this thing.

Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

Cue,

It's over. This is more like when a chicken's head is cut off..they still run around the pen for a minute.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Hapday wrote:
BSmack wrote:
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!

pwnd.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:My point was that the Pats D played at the same level as the Steelers. I think we've established that fact.
Guess again, slappy. You haven't established shit. A quick look at the scoreboard ought to correct that.

Your defense gave up four touchdowns and two field goals. Your defense did not score a touchdown.

The Steelers did not play on the same level as the Patriots in any facet of the game. They got the shit kicked out them by a clearly superior team.

The fact that you can't seem to own up to that painfully obvious fact reveals you as a complete pussy.
So you want to join the idiot kicker err Canadian in this bitchslapping?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:I don't see any bitchslapping going on here at all. All I see is a pussy trying to make some bullshit excuses for his team's meltdown on the field.
That must be why you have the reputation as a humorless, smackless, takeless douchebag. Props to you I guess. :roll:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

mvscal wrote:I don't see any bitchslapping going on here at all. All I see is a pussy trying to make some bullshit excuses for his team's meltdown on the field.
RACK!! :lol: :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
[wimper]RACK!! [/wimper]
FTFY

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:My point was that the Pats D played at the same level as the Steelers. I think we've established that fact.
Guess again, slappy. You haven't established shit. A quick look at the scoreboard ought to correct that.

Your defense gave up four touchdowns and two field goals. Your defense did not score a touchdown.

The Steelers did not play on the same level as the Patriots in any facet of the game. They got the shit kicked out them by a clearly superior team.

The fact that you can't seem to own up to that painfully obvious fact reveals you as a complete pussy.
So you want to join the idiot kicker err Canadian in this bitchslapping?

Bitchslapping aside they are both right. Even after Ben turns the ball over it is up to your defense to stop them from scoring. At least hold them to a field goal. Instead Brady uses your "Pro Bowl" safety like a bitch and drops a 60 yard bomb on them. That is truely great defense right there!! To say that Pitts defense was on par with the Pats is ridiculous. Even if you want to go with that stupid scoring system your counting on then it was 34-27. Your D giving up more.....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:Bitchslapping aside they are both right. Even after Ben turns the ball over it is up to your defense to stop them from scoring. At least hold them to a field goal. Instead Brady uses your "Pro Bowl" safety like a bitch and drops a 60 yard bomb on them. That is truely great defense right there!! To say that Pitts defense was on par with the Pats is ridiculous. Even if you want to go with that stupid scoring system your counting on then it was 34-27. Your D giving up more.....
The argument was about wether or not the Pats D was "better" than the Steelers D. I'd have to say that after two games this year, the jury is still out on that verdict. Prop the Pats O or diss the Steelers O all you want. What I saw on the field was two defenses of equal talent. Let them play against the same offense and you would get the same results.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

BSmack wrote: The argument was about wether or not the Pats D was "better" than the Steelers D. I'd have to say that after two games this year, the jury is still out on that verdict. Prop the Pats O or diss the Steelers O all you want. What I saw on the field was two defenses of equal talent. Let them play against the same offense and you would get the same results.
That's why you are wrong.

Where you could have been right was to say that man for man they have about equal talent, but New England plays a better defensive system. You could have argued that but didn't, and that's why you continue to look like an idiot.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:That's why you are wrong.

Where you could have been right was to say that man for man they have about equal talent, but New England plays a better defensive system. You could have argued that but didn't, and that's why you continue to look like an idiot.
Whatever you say Hap Knox. If playing a "better" system means lining up opposite a rookie QB who gift wraps 3 turnovers, then you got me there.

Over a 16 game season, against a broad cross section of NFL opponents, the Steelers allowed 15.7 points per game and the Pats allowed 16.2. If that doesn't shut you up, maybe I could interest you in a Clue By 4?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
Hapday wrote:That's why you are wrong.

Whatever you say Hap Knox. If playing a "better" system means lining up opposite a rookie QB who gift wraps 3 turnovers, then you got me there.

Over a 16 game season, against a broad cross section of NFL opponents, the Steelers allowed 15.7 points per game and the Pats allowed 16.2. If that doesn't shut you up, maybe I could interest you in a Clue By 4?

Brady gift wrapped a couple for you on Oct. 31st. You Squeeler fans sure put alot of stock in that game. Seems to me like the Pats D was just as good that day.....ya know......without the turnovers and all. Turnovers don't count..... :roll: