Bmore 1
Phi 9

Yet more damning evidence.

It's a completely different style.

Dana, your client is Guilty
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

First off orc, I'm guessing you posted that before reading Scott's even further damning evidence. However:
orcinus wrote:With only sixteen games, this isn't a so-called "virtual statistical impossibility," Wags. Not even close.
Yes, it is. 16 games with 16 different possible outcomes x 16 different confidence points...not to mention the same exact keystrokes.
You take the point spreads and throw in an upset or two, and the possibility is not that far off for two sets of picks to come up dead even.
Vhat? Point spreads and upsets? That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.
In the end, Jim is the only one who knows the truth here; however, I'll give him the benefit of doubt based on one fact alone.

Why you?
Hell if I know. Why not me?
Simply put, it doesn't compute.
When you toss out everything that is possible, whatever is left, however improbable, is your answer.

And why doesn't it compute. You know jim to be beyond reproach, do you? Or is it just the fact that he copied my picks that has you so flummoxed?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

I've seen this before, Orc was the victim of a Pics game Fraud and now he has the Helsinki Syndrome.

That is to say, he identifies with the perpetrator of this horrific offense
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

orcinus wrote:Lots of folks had different posting styles in week one, mostly due to the fact Dave and that other guy had yet to pull out the format-laced jack boots.

Thrown out ....
Your honor, you're obfuscating the facts.

Why must you be so obtuse?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

War Wagon wrote:
Why must you be so obtuse?
He's not

Dana has lost a lot of weight since he started running again

:wink:
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

I got even with Paul when I copied his picks in the draft contest.

I did pretty well, too.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JHawkBCD wrote:
Pure comedy gold, Whitey.
Pure idiocy, JDork.

Whenever I corner you, you pull out the tired smack from years ago trying to cover up the issue at hand.

Stay an idiot, JDork.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

War Wagon wrote:He has wronged the integrity of the confidence pick 'em game, though, and I'm calling him on it.

Some people actually put some thought into making their picks.

That is the single funniest thing I've ever read. "The integrity of the confidence pick 'em game". Pure fucking genius.

Word to the wise, Wags. There is exactly ZERO integrity to the confidence game, or any other picks game for that matter, when the thread is not locked until hours after kickoff. Additionally, we all post our picks in the thread, which is clearly viewable to all. If you post your picks early enough for others to study and, *GASP*, copy, then that's too bad for you. If Jim copied your picks, then boo fucking hoo. Post them at 12:59 PM on Sundays from now on.

Either way, you lose by continuing this. Those that care don't post, except for you and Jim. Those that don't care will continue to have fun watching you implode.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KUTTER wrote:
Word to the wise, Wags. There is exactly ZERO integrity to the confidence game, or any other picks game for that matter, when the thread is not locked until hours after kickoff.
Word to the wise? Ok. If someone edits their picks after kickoff, there will be a little timestamp at the bottom showing that. The integrity doesn't come from the logistics of the game, it comes from the character of the player, and we police ourselves.

That said, the thread should be locked 5 minutes before kickoff.
Additionally, we all post our picks in the thread, which is clearly viewable to all. If you post your picks early enough for others to study and, *GASP*, copy, then that's too bad for you. If Jim copied your picks, then boo fucking hoo.
Nope, it's too bad for him, because usually my picks suck. It doesn't matter that he copied my picks. It matters that he copied, period. If someone doesn't have the time, is too lazy or too stupid too make their own picks, then don't play.

I mean, what the fuck kind of satisfaction does someone get from participating in a contest like this and copying someone elses picks?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

KUTTER wrote: Additionally, we all post our picks in the thread, which is clearly viewable to all. If you post your picks early enough for others to study and, *GASP*, copy, then that's too bad for you. If Jim copied your picks, then boo fucking hoo. Post them at 12:59 PM on Sundays from now on.
So what your saying is that if Jim saw someone rob a bank, then he robbed the bank it would be OK?

Damn, what a fine example of law enforcement you are
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Totally uncool, Kutter.

You are teh suxxors.

Did we decide whether or not ths is a bannable offense, Scott?

This could make for a swell deathmatch topic.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Funniest part was when you busted on someone else and accused them of doing the same thing, Paul.

Good times.

Lest you lose any sleep over it, though, I made sure to disqualify myself prior to pulling said shenanigans.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

You're much more than Switzerland, Paul. Give yourself some credit.

Turkey, perhaps.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

A Man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Is this what we've deteriorated to?

Color me astonished.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

KC Scott wrote:So what your saying is that if Jim saw someone rob a bank, then he robbed the bank it would be OK?

Damn, what a fine example of law enforcement you are

I don't accept with your premise, which equates C&P'ing someone's "picks" to robbing a bank. I equate it to copying Wags' ATM code as he stands behind him at the ATM.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I want a full confession and a recanting of previous testimony. Only then will the case be closed.

The judge may not have set the sentence (I hear he's soft on crime), but the jury has damn sure spoken.

In short, I want my :bode: to be mine and all mine.

This week has been like a perfect alignment of the stars, and I'll be DAMNED if I share it with an interloper.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

KUTTER wrote:
I don't accept with your premise, which equates C&P'ing someone's "picks" to robbing a bank. I equate it to copying Wags' ATM code as he stands behind him at the ATM.

Oh, I get it, robbing a bank is wrong, but white collar crime is OK?

That has racial overtones.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

I didn't say stealing his card, just using the same code on a different card.

And I still think a darkie stole Wags' picks and sold them to Jim.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Sorry, Wags.

You've yet to accomplish anything in this thread save for some reckless finger-pointing. The burden of proof is on you in this case ... not Jim.

Bring something with teeth or STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

orcinus wrote: Bring something with teeth or STFU.

l to r: Wags, Scott, 'tart
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Don't start swinging on my nutsack.

I Stand for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

I'm also Bullish on Gold and have recently switched to Chivas Regal from VO
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

orcinus wrote: You've yet to accomplish anything in this thread save for some reckless finger-pointing. The burden of proof is on you in this case ... not Jim.
How about the burden of common sense and logic? Do I also need to prove that water is wet?

It's one thing if you have have a hidden agenda, but don't bother telling me that you have a hidden agenda.

What? Is Jim like your second cousin on your Mom's side?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Seeing that Im the judge here ....... I have reviewed the evidence presented, and here is my ruling.

Jim probably did a cut and paste job. However, since it was Wags (never won anything) picks, the fact that Wags was tied for 3rd, and that this is only the 2nd week of the season ....... I find Jim guilty of petty theft. (Property valuled at less than 5 cents.)

Jim, you are hereby sentenced to one day of board banishment, (pick the day of your own choosing, you know, some day when you would not be posting anyways, AND ...... continued ridicule from the board from now until the end of time.

Feel free to appeal, but unless you present some real evidence, I will not consider it for review.

Wags - you will receive compensatory damages that amount to ....... Eternal SCOREBOARD on Jim, and the satisfaction of knowing that someone valued your NFL knowledge enough to try and emulate you.

Case closed.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

No. You're trying to assemble frog DNA in a desperate attempt to libel Jim into something other than a mere victim of coincidence.

Unless you have something more than your alcohol-induced opinion, again ... STFU.

If I thought he was guilty in any way, shape or form, we be lynching him tonight as opposed to questioning your intellect.

His wife's word is good with me, though, so it once again falls to you.

Do something other than point fingers or give it a rest.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

orcinus wrote:...in a desperate attempt to libel Jim into something other than a mere victim of coincidence.
Your funny.

The lynching has already occured, btw.

Some sherrif you turned out to be.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

How exactly has Jim been lynched ... because your empty Bud Light box says so?

You want to call him a cheat and, yet, you can't bring anything more to the table than coincidence and heresay.

In effect ... the neener-neener offensive.

Apologies to Dave, but this has nothing to do with the outcome of some little game. Your jurisdiction begins and ends with the picks forum.

That said, we still need to hear more from Jim on this matter. While I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt initially, his silence has been deafening.

Come hither and clear your name, jiminphilly person. Lest ye be judged by Ether Wagon the sauced.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

orcinus wrote:In effect ... the neener-neener offensive.
:lol:

The odds of 2 folks having the same exact picks in the confidence game are on par with those of winning the lotto.

I'd say the odds are better that jim is lying to us.

Moral of the story?

Post last next time, Wagon.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm beginning to think you're the one on the sauce, orc.

If you're so dense as to not be able to correctly ascertain the validity of the evidence right in front of your own eyes, it must be some good sauce.

Not like it matters though, right?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

This is fucking great, funniest thread in a long time!!! There is no doubt in my mind the picks were “Ctrl Enter” but the humor it has created is much greater than the offense committed!!! Poptart put it best “Astronomical odds” If this is not coincidental, we are all part of something that could only happen once in a lifetime!!! Either way I say we make a plea to the Governor for a stay of execution.
Run if you have to but keep up!
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RadioFan wrote:Fuck no, I've got the over on this debate reaching at least page 3 with confidence pick of 15 in the FT1B thread pool.
page 3 has been reached...you win a reach around in the ADMINS Forum!

:lol:

i'll read on further now....
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Qbert wrote:you win a reach around in the ADMINS Forum!
NOT DOWN!

Try Headhunter. After getting worked by the Skins, he could probably use a friend tonight.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

orcinus wrote:
That said, we still need to hear more from Jim on this matter. While I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt initially, his silence has been deafening.
He's innocent. He's just needed a little drive.

orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Rack trev.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

BWA!!!!!
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

The keystrokes being identical and the change of format don't look good for Jim, but I'll add this.

I was in a confidence pool for caysh the prior 2 years, and there were 5 times total those 2 years where people had the exact same picks. So the odds are FAR from astronomical.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

I also find it shady that all prosecuting parties and the judge are all a bunch of Kansas City faggots..

I call foul! You need a neutral 3rd party for the judge. :D
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

War Wagon wrote:Whenever I corner you, you pull out the tired smack from years ago trying to cover up the issue at hand.
You couldn't corner a one legged dog in a closet, you fucking dork.

Shit, I leave the house, come home, and you're still milking this thread for sympathy.

Rack Jim for cheating, because it produced from you one of the most hilarious meltdowns I've seen on this board since IRIE spied sausage.
Nope. Not dead.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Shine wrote:I was in a confidence pool for caysh the prior 2 years, and there were 5 times total those 2 years where people had the exact same picks.
Maybe both players are guilty of not making their picks on their own…
I’ve got my people working on the possibility that there is a web site out there that gives people in confidence pools their expert picks.
Run if you have to but keep up!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

orcinus wrote:
Qbert wrote:you win a reach around in the ADMINS Forum!
NOT DOWN!

Try Headhunter. After getting worked by the Skins, he could probably use a friend tonight.

HEY, fuck you.

BTW, the happy ending did help me get to sleep!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

psst: I'm looking to CTRL-Cuda some picks. I heard this was a good place to look. Help a brotha out.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.