Thoughts on the game....

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Thoughts on the game....

Post by Raydah James »

Our defense is playing a hell of lot better than last year-Even though we had a few breakdowns, I like what I see so far. In fact, the D kept us in the game for the better part of 3 quarters.

Moss is insane-watching the guy catch balls in the silver and black will be fun for many, many years.

Our Offense isnt as good as advertised-yet.

The most disturbing thing is simply this:

Kerry Collins is a scared, sopping cunt.

He was my "X" factor before the season began as the make or break component of this team-and he isnt doing anything to shake Raiderfans' worries about the QB position.

He has no fucking heart whatsoever, and isnt a leader in any way, shape, or form in a position that calls for that the most. His slumping shoulders and body language say it all-he's fucking scared.

Maybe its because im used to seeing one of the toughest and grittiest QB's in Gannon taking the snaps.....

Anyhow, if our offense (Including the knuckleheaded fucks on the O-line) can somehow pull its head out of its ass, we'll be in deece shape.

Overall, I liked the direction I see Norv trying to take us. We'll just have to see if the players step up and play to thier ability-they have no excuses for losing this season......none.

Thank god football is back.....RACKIT! :D
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

here's a thought

you have a joke of a coach, how funny is it watching pineapplehead making great coaching decissions

Nice adjustments by the Pats

Your team ran out of gas

Your secondary is swiss cheese

Now your down on the Deer in the headlights Collins? Shit I thought he had a better game than Paton Manning had against the Pats last year..
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

They may be better- but still far from good. Brady was 24/38 for 306 yards and 2 TD's. Your secondary needs to tighten up- there were alot of blown coverages...

And I couldn't agree more on your thoughts on Collins. He hasn't been the same since he got off the sauce. Get him drinking again- and he'll be great for ya!
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

BBMarley wrote:And I couldn't agree more on your thoughts on Collins. He hasn't been the same since he got off the sauce. Get him drinking again- and he'll be great for ya!
Yeah or until he calls his team mates the N word.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

RJ,

Collins is what he is. If he gets some protection, he's an accurate passer with a sweet long ball. He's not an emotional leader, and he can't fucking move. If you lay a glove on him, he'll fumble into the air. I doubt he'll lead your team to greatness, but then again Moss seemed a little out of it tonight as well.

Tough assignment going in to Foxboro for the opener.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Red
Elwood

Re: Thoughts on the game....

Post by Red »

Raydah James wrote:Our defense is playing a hell of lot better than last year-Even though we had a few breakdowns, I like what I see so far.
BWAHAHAHAHA. Raiduhfan taking a page from cheffan's book. "We only gave up three hundred yards passing and two rushing touchdowns. Yup, defense looks good so far."
Raydah James wrote:Moss is insane-watching the guy catch balls in the silver and black will be fun for many, many years.
You're joking, right? You'll be lucky to get three years out of him before he's demanding a trade. You think Randy is going to let Randy languish in chokeland?

Kerry Collins is the biggest douchebag in the NFL. The way he locks in on him, if opponents can hold Moss to fewer than two touchdowns, the 'duhs don't have a prayer.

On the bright side, Jordan looked pretty damned good.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Thoughts......

Oakland lost a tough roadie to a real good team.

Defense?
Looks improved over last year.

Offense?
Inconsistent.
4-13 on 3rd down.
A receiver needs to emerge as a consistent POSSESSION guy......a drive-sustainer.
Collins?
Hit the bottle.

Special teams?
Not.
Jano still thinks it's pre-season.
Somebody slap dough boy in the head.
Good kick returning, mediocre-at-best kick coverage.

Opponent?
NE is tops, what can you say....?

There's a full moon on Sept 18.
KC will be properly beaten down.

Death to all who oppose us.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

PSUFAN wrote:

Tough assignment going in to Foxboro for ________________.
FTFY
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:Thoughts......

Defense?

Offense?
Inconsistent.
4-13 on 3rd down.
A receiver needs to emerge as a consistent POSSESSION guy......a drive-sustainer.
Collins?
Hit the bottle.

Special teams?
Not.

Opponent?

There's a full moon on Sept 18.
KC will be properly beaten down.

Death to all who oppose us.
[marq=left] RAAAACK[/marq]
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

and Death to you too, Hell I hope the Raider Plane crashes into your apartment
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

It was a decent game.
Collins is average at best. I expect him to improve throughout the season and lead the Faidahs back to Foxborough for another playoff disaster.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Frank Football wrote:Which lame ass Raider fan will be first in here tomorrow morning making excuses about why their team got their asses handed to them? My $ is on poopfart.
poptart wrote:Thoughts......

Defense?

Offense?
Inconsistent.
4-13 on 3rd down.
Collins?
Hit the bottle.

Special teams?
Not.

Opponent?
Kaley's a prophet.
Nope. Not dead.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

I have to say I was very excited about seeing Moss. Now that he is on another time I've realized a few things that I might have let slip when he was on the Vikings. On the 2-point conversion he just let the DB go for breaking up the pass and concentrated on not getting the ball. he clearly could have gotten to the ball with a minimal amount of effort. He still has a problem when going across the middle. It seems it's listen for footsteps first, then catch the ball.

I really feel bad for him being on a team that is going nowhere. But he dug his own grave. He could have been a positive on the Vikings if he just did his job and shut up. Sure he'll make the Hall-of-Fame but without a championship it's going to haunt him. The Oakland environment is not the place I'd want to have a Randy Moss in. At least in Minnesota he had supportive people that were willing to at least care for him. In Oakland they are going to skin him alive if he pulls the same old shit, sending him into a downward spiral.

As for the Patriots, they once again look like they are going to be the team to beat. Their defense stepped up after being taking to task in the first quarter and a half. Brady is a World-Class player as well as person. This is infectious on his teammates and as long as he stays healthy the Pats are going to be tough to beat.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Thoughts.... The fucking elephant in the corner of the room...

130+ in penalty yards for the opener. Norv ain't the disciplinarian that's gonna get that shit worked out. Look for a Raider league high this year in penalties that will directly lose them more games this season.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Derrick Burgess looked really good last night when he made those 2 tackles. If he keeps it up he'll surpass his total of 24 last year.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:Defense?
How could they not look better?
get out, get out while there's still time
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Thoughts

Lamont Jordan is a good back, but he had better get used to playing more than every 5th offensive series like he did as a Jet. He looked a little fat, tired at points, and pulled himself out of the game in the second half. Picking up a dumbbell wouldn’t hurt either.

The team is leaderless. Gone are the days of Rich Gannon & Rod Woodson. Kerry Collins and Randy Moss don’t fit the bill.

Norv Turner continues to show his inability to manage the game from the sidelines. It is inexcusable to have a delay of game penalty on a critical 4th down at the end of the game. Lack of discipline was a problem in Washington for Turner and appears to be in Oakland. . More importantly Norv just isn’t a leader, and is why he’ll never be a good HC. Great OC , poor HC. In the NFL teams without leaders go down the drain in tight games.

I never understood why the RaiDuh's don't use Crocket more? Or how Wheatly beat him out?

The RaiDuh run defense looked a lot better than I thought it would.

Maybe that is because Sapp is fatter than I have ever seen him.

Am I the only one who thinks the Patriots miss Charlie Weiss? A few times during the game I thought Marty Schottenheimer was calling the plays. 3rd down and 5 and you run Faulk up the middle? There's still some fine tuning to do there.

The Pats coverage teams look like a weakness
Last edited by Joe in PB on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

poptart wrote: Collins?
Hit the bottle.
:lol: Rack it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
BBMarley wrote: He hasn't been the same since he got off the sauce.
Actually, he hasn't been the same since Bill Romanowski broke his face.

Kerry Collins is a great QB....if you have the best pass protection in the NFL. If you don't, you're just fucked.

He throws a tremendous deep ball. He has a very tight spiral with good zip. Unfortunately he can't throw a short pass without airmailing it. He reminds me of Randall Cunningham that way.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good post, Joe.

Jordan is a physical beast, and he's got lots of skills. He's a damn good receiver out of the backfield. But yes, starting and playing 4 qtrs is a different animal than coming in every-so-often for a few plays.

Your point about 'leaders" is valid.

The first place folks look for leadership are coach and qb.

Norv and Kerry.

Can't say that dou inspires tremendous confidence, but we'll see how it plays out over the course of the season.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Thoughts…
Pretty much the same old Raiders, way too many flags and teams are going to score a lot of points against their defense. With Lamont and Moss they might be a win or two better than last year.
Run if you have to but keep up!
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Let's put things into perspective here.

Collins' ability to throw the deep routes is simply the result of arm strength and mechanics. He's able to get the ball downfield ... quickly. There's nothing tremendous about it, and the fact that above-average receivers can adjust patterns and either run under the ball or jump over defenders to reel it in has its limits.

Collins' woes in the NFL have more to deal with his decision-making and accuracy as a passer and, with New England keying on the deep routes, those difficulties were exposed. While I championed his signing as a good fit for the Raiders for the short and possibly long term view, he's doing an exceptional job at making me regret that stance .

At any rate, Jordan is the key here.

Unless the running game is able to force a defense to adjust its scheme with additional personnel, you're going to see more of the same this year and Collins will be pressed to make an inordinate amount of plays in critical third-and-long situations. He'll make plays, and some will be spectacular for sure; however, with a 50% passer known for throwing more interceptions than touchdowns over an 11-year career (not to mention the fumbles), you'll always be playing Russian Roulette when he drops back in those situations ... only you'll have three live rounds in the chamber instead of one.

I agree with Joe concerning Jordan's conditioning, too, and while you certainly can't get a good read on a season out of just one game, watching him suck air on the sidelines throughout the second half doesn't exactly bode well for a Norv Turner "workhorse" back.

Lots of homework for the Primer and Soot.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:
The first place folks look for leadership are coach and qb.

Norv and Kerry.

Can't say that dou inspires tremendous confidence, but we'll see how it plays out over the course of the season.
I laughed while reading that....... :lol:

IMO, The hardest thing for Raiderfan to deal with at this point is the QB situation. Going from Gannon to Collins has been a brutal adjustment.......it eerily reminds me and many others of going from Hostetler (Who was a warrior and leader) to Jeff George (Kerry Collins 2 much?) while having joe bugel and mike white as head coaches after Art Shell.

Whats that old saying-Those who dont remember the past are doomed to repeat it........

Seems like its fitting Al to a tee.

We'll see how this season plays out-but like I said, there are NO excuses for this team to falter. None. The talent is there.

Nice breakdowns by joe and orc as well.

Jordans conditioning is suspect-but he'll get it together in the coming weeks-once again, its the most critical position (QB) that worries Raiderfan to no end.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Thoughts on the game?

1. The Raiders secondary blows.

2. Corey Dillon looked slow and not overly explosive

3. Kerry Collins blows.

4. Norv Turner looks like the general store keeper from The Waltons.

5. The Pats D can be run on by a team that is disciplined and committed to the run.

6. The Pats offense consisted of waiting for the Raiders to grab a face mask and occasionaly burning members of the worst secondary in the NFL.

7. Neither team has a kicking team worth a damn. Was it me, or was there a flag on EVERY kick return in the game?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Corey Dillon looked slow and not overly explosive

My thought on Dillion too.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:Thoughts on the game?

1. The Raiders secondary blows.

2. Corey Dillon looked slow and not overly explosive

3. Kerry Collins blows.

4. Norv Turner looks like the general store keeper from The Waltons.

5. The Pats D can be run on by a team that is disciplined and committed to the run.

6. The Pats offense consisted of waiting for the Raiders to grab a face mask and occasionaly burning members of the worst secondary in the NFL.

7. Neither team has a kicking team worth a damn. Was it me, or was there a flag on EVERY kick return in the game?

Keep telling yourself that. It was the season opener ya know? A little rust is expected. See ya on the 25th....... :twisted:
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Randy Moss will give many teams fits this year!!

The Patriots play better in the second half than any team I have ever seen. Belichek knows how to respond quickly and efficiently.

The game was decent. The Patriots will contend again this year!

Oakland looks like they are a playoff team... but not much more at this point...
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Jack wrote:Randy Moss will give many teams fits this year!!

The Patriots play better in the second half than any team I have ever seen. Belichek knows how to respond quickly and efficiently.

The game was decent. The Patriots will contend again this year!

Oakland looks like they are a playoff team... but not much more at this point...

WHAAAAAA???? :?
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:"Jack" was referring to the A's, Pops.
My bad :lol:

BTW..I do answer to Pop's quite often.
Last edited by ChargerMike on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

New England has made a LOT of teams look disoriented.

How'd MVP Manning look last year in the AFC Title Game.....?

How 'bout the lickin' the Eagles took...?

Feel free to write Oakland off after one road loss to the world champions.

I'm not buying into that.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

The Dolphins figured out how to beat 'em.
Nope. Not dead.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

I don't think this was New England enforcing their will on an opponent, so much as it was Oakland squandering opportunity after opportunity, pops.

Neely might be right in that it's just rust on the part of the Pats, but I saw a team that was ripe for a loss last night for a majority of the game.

However it was accomplished ... a win is still a win, and Belichick continues to get the job done on defense with a wide array of personnel.

That said, not every team is going to self-destruct so easily as Oakland did last night time and time again. As a result, I think we're going to learn a lot more about Brady this season and, if last night offered any indication, some perceptions could be changing.

While the Patriots could struggle to get back to the big game, this could be the season that kicks in the HOF doors for Brady.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Belichick outcoached Turner, IMO.

Oakland was very much in the game at the half.

The Pats adjusted some at half, Oakland did not.......or not enough, although Oakland did get more pressure on Brady in the 2nd half.

Penalties hurt Oakland a lot, but they didn't really "beat" themself as much as some some seem to think.

The Raiders just had one turnover for the game.

The trouble was, NE had none.

New England was the efficient team that we're used to seeing.

I credit them more for the win than I do discredit Oakland.

Prolly a measure of homerism in my view, yep.

So how do y'all think your team would have done in Oakland's place last night...?

Chiefs at Pats on opening day....what see you...?

Blots...?

Let's hear it.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Oakland could have made the game a great deal closer and put legit pressure on the Patriots offense when it mattered most.

They folded.

From Collins' abysmal third quarter where he completed only two passes (on five different drives) and had a third intercepted, to the drive-killing penalties and botched plays (Moss drops an easy first down), Oakland played themselves out of the game in the third quarter.

Despite all that, New England almost let them back in.

Almost.

Nice effort to deflect the spotlight from your team, though.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:Blots...?

Let's hear it.
Talk to me October 3....and, no, I'm not really looking forward to it either.

Belichick is going to clown Shithead.
Not to mention Marty has a history of following good seasons with bad seasons. Oh and there is that part where San Diego only beat one team with a winning record last season. Much like the Chiefs playing a soft schedule in 2003 and going 13-3. Then following it up with a tougher schedule and a 7-9 record. I see a similiar outcome for the Bolts. 8-8 or9-7 at best.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

poptart wrote:Belichick outcoached Turner, IMO.

Oakland was very much in the game at the half.

The Pats adjusted some at half, Oakland did not.......or not enough, although Oakland did get more pressure on Brady in the 2nd half.

Penalties hurt Oakland a lot, but they didn't really "beat" themself as much as some some seem to think.

The Raiders just had one turnover for the game.

The trouble was, NE had none.

New England was the efficient team that we're used to seeing.

I credit them more for the win than I do discredit Oakland.

Prolly a measure of homerism in my view, yep.

So how do y'all think your team would have done in Oakland's place last night...?

Chiefs at Pats on opening day....what see you...?

Blots...?

Let's hear it.

Bolt's? good question...

Since the Pat's had little if any running game, and the Bolt's stuff the run far better than the Duh's, I can see Brady having a field day against the Bolt's suspect secondary.

Howwwwever....I can see the Bolt's controling the ball with a balanced attack running and passing, giving Brady a little more time on the pine.

Outcome.....Pat's 24 Bolt's 21

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Didnt see this addessed,but. Our LBs were gettin picked on like the fat kid at recess. They killed us underneath. Whoever posted that Derrick Gibson sucs is dead on. He has done nada for us since we drafted him.

Also Kerry Collins does now he has other targets namelt Porter,Anderson(VERY misused last night despite the TDS) and Curry. Moss is triple covered Collins throws to him anyways. Also the playcalling got predictable. They knew when we were running,passing etc. No surprises.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Whoever posted that Derrick Gibson sucs is dead on. He has done nada for us since we drafted him.
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:In all seriousness RaydahFan, your boy Derrick Gibson SUCKS. Holy fuck, how does that guy still collect a NFL check?? He can't cover my 5yr. old son, much less an AVERAGE TE. And don't you fuckers DARE deny what I'm saying either....I've seen you bitch and moan about the fucking guy for YEARS.
You rang??? :lol:

He looked lost out there. Another bad pick. Todd Heap was available at 28th,granted we needed saftey help but he had question marks all over him.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:
Corey Dillon looked slow and not overly explosive
My thought on Dillion too.
He was a little slow out of the gate, but 93 all purpose yards and two TDs isn't too shabby a performance especially in an offense that is so evenly distributed.
2.7 yards a carry is hardly impressive. Only when the Raiders had been so beaten down by Brady that they were dropping 8 and 9 back in the zone did Dillon get off. In the end he put upo good fantasy numbers. But from a football perspective he looked slow and not overly explosive. Face it, he's on the wrong side of 30 for football. If this is the Corey Dillon we can expect to see this year, expect some reduced numbers. Remember, not all teams employ speed bumps for CBs.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Joe in PB wrote: My thought on Dillion too.
He was a little slow out of the gate, but 93 all purpose yards and two TDs isn't too shabby a performance especially in an offense that is so evenly distributed.
2.7 yards a carry is hardly impressive. Only when the Raiders had been so beaten down by Brady that they were dropping 8 and 9 back in the zone did Dillon get off. In the end he put upo good fantasy numbers. But from a football perspective he looked slow and not overly explosive. Face it, he's on the wrong side of 30 for football. If this is the Corey Dillon we can expect to see this year, expect some reduced numbers. Remember, not all teams employ speed bumps for CBs.
Corey Dillon is in the best physical shape of his career. Thats what the coach said earlier this summer. Obviously the run was getting stuffed so therefore they went to the air. Do what works. If you want to think Dillon is done then be my guest. Over 1600 yards last year tells me your an idiot though.

See ya on the 25th.....