Pro Football Weekly rates the AFC West:

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Pro Football Weekly rates the AFC West:

Post by Raydah James »

RACK-these fucking guys have consistently broken things down correctly for each team and been nearly spot on over the years (They've called the last 3 super bowl participants correctly in preseason-although they had the eagles winning last year)

Its the reason I subscribe to them-well, that and they make ESPN look like fucking knuckleheads year in and year out.

From Pro Football Weekly:

The AFC West

We figure that Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis secretly has been coveting Randy Moss ever since Moss burst onto the NFL scene in 1998 with a chip on his shoulder the size of an elephant turd.

Moss was miffed that he'd been overlooked by a bunch of other teams on draft day, and he was out to prove the rest of the league wrong for not drafting him.

Prove it he did.

But that's been one of Randy's biggest flaws in his seven years in the NFL. Unable to find constant motivation from within to be the best he can be week-in and week-out, Moss relies too heavily on external sources to get him fired up.

In Minnesota, then, he often got complacent. In his first year with the Raiders, he'll be as motivated as he was in 1998 to prove folks wrong. The Vikings, in Randy's mind, dissed him -- and he now wants to show them that they messed up by trading him away.

It'll translate into a monster year statistically for Moss, and for quarterback Kerry Collins. And for running back LaMont Jordan, once the safeties begin pitching tents near the goal line.

The defense in Oakland is good, not great. But it doesn't have to be great. The Vikings rode a ready Randy and a mediocre defense to a 15-1 mark in 1998.

We're not suggesting that the Raiders are going to win 15 games this year, but they'll be closer to 15 victories than their five of a year ago. Much closer.

Close enough to win the division.

Nipping at the Raiders' heels will be the Denver Broncos, who have been treading water ever since John Elway rode off into the sunset with his second consecutive Lombardi seven years ago. Elway delivered for coach Mike Shanahan, in essence, a lifetime contract and license to draft and sign as many turds and underachievers as he can find.

Dale Carter? Sure. Daryl Gardener? Why not? Every freaking washed-up malcontent from the Cleveland Browns' defensive line? Sign 'em up.

The Maurice Clarett debacle, in most cities, would have been enough to get everyone connected with the situation fired. But this is Coach Teflon we're talkin' 'bout. He can do no wrong in owner Pat Bowlen's eyes, and as long as Shanny pastes together 8-to-10 wins on a consistent basis, everything will be fine.

The names and the positions are largely irrelevant to us. Shanahan, to his credit, has devised an overall system that can generate those 8-to-10 wins regarding of who's running with the ball, throwing it, catching it, and/or cut blocking for the guys who have it.

When they get to the playoffs, they'll get blown out. And then they can start all over again.

Starting over is likely something that the San Diego Chargers would like to do, as in the 2004 draft. Selecting quarterback Eli Manning and trading him to the Giants for Philip Rivers and a flock of draft picks was a great move -- with the exception of the acquisition of the quarterback whom they don't really need. After Drew Brees finally woke up and fulfilled his potential last season (thanks in large part to Rivers' lengthy delay in signing a contract), the surprise AFC West champs were left with a tough choice.

They could let Brees walk away and give the gig to Rivers, or they could restrict Brees' movement, possibly in the hopes of trading him. They chose the latter. But the problem was that, once the Chargers slapped the franchise tag on Brees, no trade offers came in. Not one. So they paid Brees a huge one-year salary and they paid River a huge signing bonus and option bonus and they enter 2005 no surer than they were a year ago as to who the quarterback of the future will be.

After studying the team's schedule in 2004 and 2005, we think the Chargers will take more than a few games on the chin this year. Not because their talent level is worse, but because they'll be playing better teams this time around.

And because they won't take anyone by surprise this year, which is an important dynamic in the new parity-driven NFL.

Dynamic is a word that no longer describes the Kansas City Chiefs. The receiving corps looks pedestrian at best. Priest Holmes is getting old. Trent Green is old. And the dude had surgery last week to repair a tear in a leg artery. For Trent, the spirit may be willing, but the flesh is coming off the bone.

On defense, the Chiefs are still, well, the Chiefs. Patrick Surtain gives them something they haven't had since . . . since . . . hell, he gives them something they've never had. But not even Surtain can cover a guy forever, and with the Chiefs' underachieving pass rush, it'll often feel like an eternity of chasing for Surtain and the rest of the secondary.

At linebacker, coach Dick Vermeil has a full-blown man-crush on rookie Derrick Johnson. We're skeptical, frankly, that the guy is as good as advertised, primarily since the same folks who have a tomahawk in their pockets for Johnson also signed brittle linebacker Kendrell Bell to a free-agent contract.

Every year, most teams think/hope/pray that they'll be good. But in every NFL season there are a few teams that stink it up. This year, we see the Chiefs getting off to an 0-4 start and never recovering.

It's not quite the way coach Vermeil wanted to exit the profession. But exit he shall when this one is said and done.

Predicted finish:

1. Raiders (13-3 and a Super Bowl appearance);

2. Broncos (9-7 and a wild-card playoff loss);

3. Chargers (7-9);

4. Chiefs (4-12)
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

I had to laugh myself

13-3 a bit myopic, don't ya think, just a little
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: Pro Football Weekly rates the AFC West:

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Superbowl appearance?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FUCK!

my bad.

:oops:

heres the link-fuck man, I've got too many football favorite links.

Pro Football talk

Pro football talk on this particular click......Once again, I apologize for the miswording above. Anyhow, these cats are flat out the best source of information and have been spot on for many years. If it isnt on your favorites, it should be-these guys have the inside track to all the NFL teams-from scouts to office personnel and so forth.

RACK them for thier fucking prediction you gameless pussies......
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Raydah James wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Superbowl appearance?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FUCK!

my bad.

:oops:

heres the link-fuck man, I've got too many football favorite links.

Pro Football talk

Pro football talk on this particular click......Once again, I apologize for the miswording above. Anyhow, these cats are flat out the best source of information and have been spot on for many years. If it isnt on your favorites, it should be-these guys have the inside track to all the NFL teams-from scouts to office personnel and so forth.

RACK them for thier fucking prediction you gameless pussies......
I'll agree with you on the excellence of that site, James. They usually have the inside scoop long before espn and cnnsi do.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Pro Football Talk wrote:It'll translate into a monster year statistically for Moss, and for quarterback Kerry Collins. And for running back LaMont Jordan, once the safeties begin pitching tents near the goal line.
Opposition pitching tents....?

Yessss, and it counts.

RACK Kansas Shittay at 4-12. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the read, James.

Enjoy the game.

Hope the Patsies at least make it interesting tonight.

oooooooooot.......
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Hey RJ......

if you Wanna put your money where your mouth is

I know just the place
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote: if you Wanna put your money where your mouth is[/url]
I know just the place
Me too-

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Scott wrote:Hey RJ......

I know just the place
Go fuck yourself, pussy-you had your chance and punked out like a fucking fairy. Unlike your wife's understanding of your utter faggotry and tendency to stinkknot stab various other men, There are no second chances with me.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

mvscal wrote:Before launching into my 2005 Kickoff Issue predictions, I decided to look back at my fearless forecasts in PFW’s ’04 Kickoff Issue, just to see how foolish some of my picks turned out to be.

Clearly, I had a few doozies that now make me cringe more than a little. To wit:

Tampa Bay, second in the NFC South: “Bucs bounce back into contention with team more in feisty head coach’s image.” Actual result: Jon Gruden’s Bucs finished dead last in the division with a disappointing 5-11 record.
Atlanta, fourth in the NFC South: “I just have a feeling rookie head coach will struggle initially.” Actual result: Jim Mora’s Falcons won the division with an 11-5 record and fell one game short of a Super Bowl bid after getting grounded by the Eagles in the NFC championship game.
And then there’s the ultimate clinker …

San Diego, fourth in the AFC West: “Cry me a Rivers. Only the Cardinals in the NFC look worse.” Actual result: First-round QB Philip Rivers — obtained in a trade with the Giants after Eli Manning made it crystal clear that he had no desire to play in San Diego — never saw the light of day as QB Drew Brees, of all people, guided the Chargers to an improbable 12-4 record and an AFC West division title. quote="Raydah James"]1. Raiders (13-3 and a Super Bowl appearance);

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Co ... sh2009.htm

I'm really going to be taking Arkush's advice seriously.

Not really.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Wasn't Pro Football Talk.com the site that predicted the Chargers would trade Rivers for SF's 1st rd pick?

The site is anything but reliable, no where near as credible as PFW.

The best part is we'll all see how good a prediction it is tonight. While one game doesn't a season make, certainly being able to hang with the world champs would give Raiduh fan reason for optimism.

If not then chalk up another shitty take for Raiduh Jane.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Joe in PB wrote:Wasn't Pro Football Talk.com the site that predicted the Chargers would trade Rivers for SF's 1st rd pick?
Nope, it was drew brees-and the date of that article was April 1.

Fucking moron.
The site is anything but reliable, no where near as credible as PFW.
Thanks for immediately disqualifying yourself from any relevant football talk from here on out.

That site has been nothing but NAILZ and on target for many years now-those guys have incredible inside information that makes it to print twice as quick as any other site.

Fucking hippie loser burnout faggot.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The site makes up "hot headlines" like Quacksaw.

Of course he's another of your favorites......

Just make sure you have your ass in here tomorrow bitch.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

If Trent Green stays healthy all season, no way in hell they go 4-12. If he goes down early then it's quite possible. Our backup Qb's blow.

Priest Holmes may be old but Larry Johnson isn't.

The Chiefs haven't had great WR's since Vermiel has been here. That hasn't stopped them from scoring around 30ppg the last 3 seasons.

Dudes whole arguement falls to shit if Green stays healthy imo.

Then his prediction becomes another turd in the enormous shit pile that is "NFL Predictions".
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Raydah James wrote:

I know just the place
Go fuck yourself, pussy-you had your chance and punked out like a fucking fairy. Unlike your wife's understanding of your utter faggotry and tendency to stinkknot stab various other men, There are no second chances with me.
What the hell are you blabbering about?

I've offered you this same bet already before camp started (And another bet when you shot off some inane drivel about Randy scoring 20 TDs :lol: ) and I've yet to see you nut up on anything.

So here we have you, once again, posting that your Raiduh's are gonna win the West and I offer a wager on a seeminly even easier task:

Having a better record than the Chiefs.

Now Your cohort, Tart, manned up and has decided to back his words with $$$ - The question again is will you?

Put up or Shut RJ

BTW - Thanks again for the $20 I took off you last year on this same proposition :wink:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Heres where you fag out, bitch....
Raydah James wrote:Cmon Scott, you sissy fuck-the original bet or shut your RJ nutsack warmer
KC Dripping Vag wrote:As for the season record bet?

I'll get back with you after training camp.

Raydah James wrote:Go fuck yourself, pussy-you had your chance and punked out like a fucking fairy. Unlike your wife's understanding of your utter faggotry and tendency to stinkknot stab various other men, There are no second chances with me.
RACK
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Raydah James wrote:

I know just the place
He's already on the hook for $50 with me.
Nope. Not dead.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Bwahahaha thanks for finding that link RJ.

This is classic RJ......
Randy Fucking MOSS! There isnt a motherfucking TEAM in the AFC whose defense will be able to stop him.....im calling 28 TD's for the season after facing the shit DB's on the chefs, bolts, donks....hell, ANYONE on the schedule.
As usual for RJ - all bark no bite when called on the bet.

As for waiting till camp was over, well that's just common sense (something you've never had an abundence of)

So Back to the Point at Hand.......

Your calling the Raiders to Win the West,
I'm calling they finish behind the Chiefs.

This is the day before the season starts, so there is no excuse not to back up your foolish prediction.

You'll make an even bigger Ass of yourself if you don't nut up and toss some $$$ on the table.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

KC Scott wrote:Bwahahaha thanks for finding that link RJ.

This is classic RJ......
Randy Fucking MOSS! There isnt a motherfucking TEAM in the AFC whose defense will be able to stop him.....im calling 28 TD's for the season after facing the shit DB's on the chefs, bolts, donks....hell, ANYONE on the schedule.
As usual for RJ - all bark no bite when called on the bet.

As for waiting till camp was over, well that's just common sense (something you've never had an abundence of)

So Back to the Point at Hand.......

Your calling the Raiders to Win the West,
I'm calling they finish behind the Chiefs.

This is the day before the season starts, so there is no excuse not to back up your foolish prediction.

You'll make an even bigger Ass of yourself if you don't nut up and toss some $$$ on the table.
:roll:

This new censored Scott fucking sucks.......what the fuck happened to you?

I used to have a blast talking shit with you on the old board-im guessing age or the 'invisible fence' collar your wife threw on you has something to do with this.....

In any case, you had your chance and punked out back then. Too Bad, bro.

Enjoy the assbeating the Raiders will be laying down on the Pats tonight.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

RaiduhJane is nothing but a waste of bandwidth Scott.

Oh and a FUCKIN' PUSSY......

No matter she'll be gone by week 6 along with the RaiDuh's hopes for a playoff spot..
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Joe -

He sacked up and bet last year and paid when he lost.

Based on that he's good in my book.

His homo smack is hilarious, sometimes.
Though after a while, there's only so many ways to say it.