Upon Further Review.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Upon Further Review.....

Post by WolverineSteve »

>While watching the games this weekend I decided that I am a conference homer.
> Damn I loved Illinois' comeback vs. Rutgers. Penn State looked good
>Still don't care about MSU.
>Northwestern,OSU,Minnesota,Wisconsin...victorious.
>Does Iowa's win count???

The reason I bring this up is that I want to throw my hat into the ring and root on the Buckeyes this week!!

Go Big 10. Go Bucks!! Beat Texas!!!
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

nah...

Hook 'em

Except I expect Suckeyes to win. Texas hasn't seen anything like the horseshoe.
Last edited by BlindRef on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who stay will be champions.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I might don a buckeye necklace for this one.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

blOw uS U is too slow to match up with the Speed Texas can put on the table.

Texas rolls 27 -13
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

Vito Corleone wrote:blOw uS U is too slow to match up with the Speed Texas can put on the table.

Texas rolls 27 -13
I distinctly remember another team that didnt think tOSU had the speed... what team was that? :lol:
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Miami

Sincerely,

um Vito perhaps you should take a look at the roster and or watch some games before you shove your whole foot in your ass...

let's see...

Ted Ginn Jr (really fast, and from Ohio)
Santonio Holmes (really fast - Florida)
Ashton Youbouty (really fast - Texas)
AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter - outside of FSU prolly the fastest outside LB's in the FUCKING COUNTRY...

Texas speed? Yeah ok...again against Lousiana Lafayette everyone looks fast...

100,000+ crazed Buckeye fans...8pm National Television, Biggest game so far this year...yeah recipe for a Texas sized disaster for the Horns...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Upon Further Review.....

Post by Shoalzie »

WolverineSteve wrote:Go Bucks!!
You lost me there... :?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Hard to run fast on your back.

OSU will win. And I will be happy.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Miami

Sincerely,

um Vito perhaps you should take a look at the roster and or watch some games before you shove your whole foot in your ass...

let's see...

Ted Ginn Jr (really fast, and from Ohio)
Santonio Holmes (really fast - Florida)
Ashton Youbouty (really fast - Texas)
AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter - outside of FSU prolly the fastest outside LB's in the FUCKING COUNTRY...

Texas speed? Yeah ok...again against Lousiana Lafayette everyone looks fast...

100,000+ crazed Buckeye fans...8pm National Television, Biggest game so far this year...yeah recipe for a Texas sized disaster for the Horns...
I live in Minnesota all I see here is Big Tin football, yes your team is slow, your linebackers are slow compared to just about any set of LBs in the SEC hell every linebacker Texas has runs a 4.6 or faster 40 time. Kelson who was the top Safety in his recruiting class runs a 4.4 40 as our starting SAM. Our MLB Harris who is projected to be a 2nd round NFL draft pick runs a 4.5 40. Hell 3 our 2-deep DE that are running 4.6 40's.

I do agree that Ginn probably will be the fastest guy on the field, but the next 10 fastest guys are all Longhorns, including Taylor, Charles, S Young, V Young, Huff, T Brown, Wilkerson, Pittman, and Quan Crosby.

Fact is where you can name 4 or 5 guys Texas has a whole team of fast guys. Of our 11 starting defensive players only 2 guys run slower than a 4.7 40 Rod Wright the #1 DT NFL prospect in the country and Frank Okam, who might be even better. We have one DE that runs a 4.7 and one that runs a 4.6. I've already told you about our linebackers and DBs.

Fact is Texas is bigger, stronger and faster than blOw uS U
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^

so you KNOW for a FACT all the 40 times of tOSU defensive and offensive guys...WOW ok there Mel Kiper Jr...

well let's see Texas had the #1 class in 2002 while tOSU had the #2 class I guess we recruited NO ONE WITH ANY SPEED in that class or subsequent classes...nevermind we went to FLA/TX/PA/OH to get some of the top guys in those respective states...so you are saying then the guys on our D from FLA are not fast...the guys from OH are not fast...???

so then you are discounting all the offensive speed tOSU has...ok...whatever dolt...so what does all that speed get you in previous years? 2-5 record vs OU, 1 BCS bowl game, no National Championships...it takes more than speed my friend...
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Well...I too have been reevaluating my stance.

After Tennessee's brilliant performance against UAB...my Wolverines are now number 3 in the country. If Texas losses Michigan will be number 2, which would put the season in their hands...no Auburn worries.

Plus, it would rate OSU higher, and make The Game more important.

Plus, I love seeing the Big 12 toil.

Thus...being the flip-flopper I am.

Go Bucks...

OH-IO!
Those who stay will be champions.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:100,000+ crazed Buckeye fans...8pm National Television, Biggest game so far this year...yeah recipe for a Texas sized disaster for the Horns...
I will be rooting for Texas, but this may be spot on.

All the ingredients for another Mack meltdown.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

OSU doesn't face a running QB(not in form of Vince Young) in Big10, and Tejas will exploit this like they did against Michigan. close game
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^

and I am sure Texas did not use the tOSU/Michigan film to exploit Michigan in the Rose Bowl...

Troy Smith had a pretty good game against Michigan (read I am not saying Troy Smith is anywhere close to Vince Young) but tOSU practices against a running type threat as well...

just sayin...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:^^^^

so you KNOW for a FACT all the 40 times of tOSU defensive and offensive guys...WOW ok there Mel Kiper Jr...

well let's see Texas had the #1 class in 2002 while tOSU had the #2 class I guess we recruited NO ONE WITH ANY SPEED in that class or subsequent classes...nevermind we went to FLA/TX/PA/OH to get some of the top guys in those respective states...so you are saying then the guys on our D from FLA are not fast...the guys from OH are not fast...???

so then you are discounting all the offensive speed tOSU has...ok...whatever dolt...so what does all that speed get you in previous years? 2-5 record vs OU, 1 BCS bowl game, no National Championships...it takes more than speed my friend...
So what does it take?

Senior Leadership - Texas has plenty
Star Power - Texas has that also
Balance - we shall see.
Win the war in the trentches - Texas will do that easily
Run defense - Texas has plenty
Pass defense - Texas has that as well

So boner what does it take, before you talk shit about Texas's past failures ask yourself, Why has OSU laid eggs against teams like Northwestern, Cinnci, MAC conference opponents?

You can point to one thing about Texas, OU, well last I checked OU was good enough to play for the last two MNC's. I can't say the same thing for Northwestern.

I don't need to know the 40 times all the OSU players I can watch them on TV here in Minneapolis, I also don't need to know the 40 times of the FSU or Miami defenses to see they are fast as shit.

Michigan spun down their linebackers to DE in the Rosebowl they still looked like they were standing still. Vince Young has undressed a lot of linebackers faster than OSU's, just ask Teddy Lehman, Pasha Jackson, and Lance Mitchell, who BTW were a hell of a lot better than yours.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Vito: What has Texas won recently? Nothing. Oh, my bad.

OSU 30
tacarita 17

Keep on having those number 1 recruiting classes turn into nothing.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

T REX wrote:Vito: What has Texas won recently? Nothing. Oh, my bad.
So if the Horns win on Saturday, will that count as "something?"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

T REX wrote:Vito: What has Texas won recently? Nothing. Oh, my bad.

OSU 30
tacarita 17

Keep on having those number 1 recruiting classes turn into nothing.
Damn trix you are the board bitch

How far back should I go? How about January 1 when we won the freaking Rose Bowl.

you give florida fans a bad name

BTW board bitch if it wasn't for Texas winning the Big 12 in 96 Florida would still be without a MNC.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Vito Corleone wrote: Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
^^^^

So what does it take?

Senior Leadership - Texas has plenty
Star Power - Texas has that also
Balance - we shall see.
Win the war in the trentches - Texas will do that easily
Run defense - Texas has plenty
Pass defense - Texas has that as well

So boner what does it take, before you talk shit about Texas's past failures ask yourself, Why has OSU laid eggs against teams like Northwestern, Cinnci, MAC conference opponents?

You can point to one thing about Texas, OU, well last I checked OU was good enough to play for the last two MNC's. I can't say the same thing for Northwestern.

I don't need to know the 40 times all the OSU players I can watch them on TV here in Minneapolis, I also don't need to know the 40 times of the FSU or Miami defenses to see they are fast as shit.

Michigan spun down their linebackers to DE in the Rosebowl they still looked like they were standing still. Vince Young has undressed a lot of linebackers faster than OSU's, just ask Teddy Lehman, Pasha Jackson, and Lance Mitchell, who BTW were a hell of a lot better than yours.
hmmm....let's pick apart Vito's post...

Senior Leadership - I guess AJ Hawk, Anthony Schlegal, Bobby Carpenter, Nick Mangold, Rob Sims, and Nate Salley are shit for seniors...need I remind you all of the above were part of the #2 recruiting class except Schelgal...so I guess tOSU's seniors are shit then by your comparison

Winning the war in the trenches - Texas will do that easily? What the fuck are you basing this on? The 3 pts LL scored on you?

Let's see the last time I checked tOSU beat the ever loving shit out of Michigan.

Hmmm....tOSU lost to NW, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue last year...ok you got me on NW...but Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue all played very good if not great football last year...Iowa was probably playing as well as anyone at the end of the year...

laid an egg against a MAC opponent? A win is a win...how did that Kansas game work out for you last year? I seem to recall needing a Vince Young TD pass with virtually no time left to win that game...again a win is a win...but Kansas blows monkey cock...In fact NW beats Kansas 8 out of 10 times...so know of what you are talking about before spewing shit about stubbing your toe or laying an egg...What about Arkansas last year...scraped by a middle of the road SEC team, oh yeah struggled in your rivalry game?

So Texas has had their fair share of close calls...and you want to run MAC conference smack...at least most of the MAC teams tOSU has played in recent years...Marshall, Miami of Ohio, have beaten some damn good football teams...in fact didn't Marshall embarass KSU two years ago...granted it is not Louisiana Lafayette or North Texas, Rice (sorry lefty), New Mexico State...but well I guess you got me there...

you make it out like AJ Hawk, Carpenter, Youbouty, Salley, Whitner, etc run with cement shoes...so you can just tell by the screen that tOSU is slow...what the fuck is that? are you really this dumb or do you just do this to endure constant bitch slapping and ridicule?

Teddy Lehman, Lance Mitchell, Pasha Jackson better than AJ Hawk? I would say they all are about pretty equal...I would think OU fan if they have seen Hawk/Carpenter, etc play would think they are pretty close talent wise to the aforementioned OU guys...again have you seen the tOSU linebackers play?

and again what happened the last time the fast as shit Miami defense played a SLOW TEAM from the midwest...oh yeah they GOT FUCKING BEAT!

well carry on then...I guess we can add you to the board bitch race???
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Board bitch is thrown out everytime someone doesn't agree with someone else. Its pretty much passe. Time for something new.

vito: Have you any Big 12 titles lately? MNCs? OU? NO? Oh, again....my bad.

And what does me being a Florida fan have to do with Texas not winning dick for years?????

Oh, nothing? Carry on....

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

T REX wrote:Oh, nothing? Carry on....
How about responding to my question?
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
hmmm....let's pick apart Vito's post...

Senior Leadership - I guess AJ Hawk, Anthony Schlegal, Bobby Carpenter, Nick Mangold, Rob Sims, and Nate Salley are shit for seniors...need I remind you all of the above were part of the #2 recruiting class except Schelgal...so I guess tOSU's seniors are shit then by your comparison

Winning the war in the trenches - Texas will do that easily? What the fuck are you basing this on? The 3 pts LL scored on you?

Let's see the last time I checked tOSU beat the ever loving shit out of Michigan.

Hmmm....tOSU lost to NW, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue last year...ok you got me on NW...but Wisconsin, Iowa, and Purdue all played very good if not great football last year...Iowa was probably playing as well as anyone at the end of the year...

laid an egg against a MAC opponent? A win is a win...how did that Kansas game work out for you last year? I seem to recall needing a Vince Young TD pass with virtually no time left to win that game...again a win is a win...but Kansas blows monkey cock...In fact NW beats Kansas 8 out of 10 times...so know of what you are talking about before spewing shit about stubbing your toe or laying an egg...What about Arkansas last year...scraped by a middle of the road SEC team, oh yeah struggled in your rivalry game?

So Texas has had their fair share of close calls...and you want to run MAC conference smack...at least most of the MAC teams tOSU has played in recent years...Marshall, Miami of Ohio, have beaten some damn good football teams...in fact didn't Marshall embarass KSU two years ago...granted it is not Louisiana Lafayette or North Texas, Rice (sorry lefty), New Mexico State...but well I guess you got me there...

you make it out like AJ Hawk, Carpenter, Youbouty, Salley, Whitner, etc run with cement shoes...so you can just tell by the screen that tOSU is slow...what the fuck is that? are you really this dumb or do you just do this to endure constant bitch slapping and ridicule?

Teddy Lehman, Lance Mitchell, Pasha Jackson better than AJ Hawk? I would say they all are about pretty equal...I would think OU fan if they have seen Hawk/Carpenter, etc play would think they are pretty close talent wise to the aforementioned OU guys...again have you seen the tOSU linebackers play?

and again what happened the last time the fast as shit Miami defense played a SLOW TEAM from the midwest...oh yeah they GOT FUCKING BEAT!

well carry on then...I guess we can add you to the board bitch race???
HOw about a little reading comprehension before trying to pick apart my post. You are one one who said that it takes more than speed to win.

I simply pointed out that Texas is bringing a hell of a lot more than just speed. I did not question if blOw uS U had those qualities I just pointed out what Texas has. I know you have senior leadership, star power and such, but so does Texas!

Now how do I know Texas will own the LOS?

Texas Oline vs blOw uS U Dline - Texas has 3 All Big 12 Olinemen in OTs Jr Justin Blalock, Sr Jon Scott, and Sr G Will Allen, Texas also has a center in Senderlin and Sr Guard Studdard who are not far behind. These guys have been together for 3 years now you will not find a better Oline in the country. Blalock and Scott are both likely 1st round NFL draft picks. Studdard is a monster run blocker who has a mean streak in him.

The Buckeye Dline is made up of 4 guys who could not get the job done against Miami Oh. Mike Kudla might be a player but he ain't going to do much against the Texas line if all he can manage against Miami Oh is 1 solo tackle and 4 assisted. Quinn Pitcock had 2 solo and 2 assisted. Neither were able to generate a pass rush or get consistant penetration into the backfield. Marcus Green looked extremely medicore in his first game, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he is a 3 year starter, but he is still nothing compared to what Texas has on the Oline. I would mention the 4th starter but he didn't do Jack, fact is I have no idea how much Jay Richardson even played since he was such a non factor.

Fact is I expect the buckeyes to spin down Carpenter or Hawk to DE to get more speed on the field, but it won't help because I also fully expect Texas to push the OSU front seven around all night long.

The Texas Dline vs the blOw uS U Oline

Texas is 2 deep across the Dline and not only will each play but there will be little drop off. Rod Wright is considered the top DT in the country and will likely be one of the top 20 NFL draft picks. He is both an AA and All conf. Next to Wright is Frank Okam he is a clone of Shaun Rogers of the Detroit Lions but with more upside. He is so good that he has supplanted All Big 12 DT Larry Dibbles as a starter. Behind the starters Texas has Larry Dibbles who is rated by NFL scouts as a 2nd round pick and Thomas Marshall a guy who would start for 90 other teams in D1A football. At DE Texas has Tim Crowder he is as athletic as any DE in the country at 6'4 260 he clocked a 4.6 40 last spring. He is only a Soph but is a real impact player. The other DE is Brian Robison a guy who is not fast, runs a 4.7 40, but he does have a 42 in verticle and is the reigning big 12 Shotputt champion and a world class discuss thrower. Behind them are two total badasses in Brian Orakpo and Aaron Lewis. Orakpo is going to be special, real special he would be starting for blOw uS U.

Now the Buckeye Oline
Last year they allowed 23 sacks, but they did improve so I will give credit. But fact is your best Olinemen Mangold hurt his knee and though he was able to play and finish the game he is not 100% the rest of your oline might be able to block Miami Oh but they aren't going to touch Texas. I fully expect the buckeye qb to be Smith because he is the only one that has the ability to get out of the pocket. I see your oline and it just reminds me of Oklahoma's which means you could have Adrian Peterson in the backfield and still would not have a running game against Texas.

Beyond all this I will tell you why Texas is going to control the LOS. The #1 reason is the Texas Dline has to practice against the Texas Oline and vice versa. Each one is making the other better, so much so, that they will look at blOw uS U as a night off compared to practice.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

T REX wrote:Board bitch is thrown out everytime someone doesn't agree with someone else. Its pretty much passe. Time for something new.

And what does me being a Florida fan have to do with Texas not winning dick for years?????

Riddle me this tard what the hell has florida won lately? Talk shit about Texas when you pussies do something of note.

BTW incase you didn't want to accept it but the Zook years really did happen.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

[gag reflex]Hook 'Em Horns![/gag reflex]
"Keys, woman!"
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

vito do you know the cock and or bra sizes of all these defensive guys from texas?

so who gives a fuck that they are two deep on the DL? How is Texas going to respond to defending Ginn, Holmes, Gonzalez, etc? They gonna double Ginn and leave Holmes with single coverage? Go ahead ask Marlin Jackson and the Michigan secondary how that worked out when they doubled Ginn and let Gonzo and Holmes run free...How is Texas going to combat Troy Smith, should he play?

So you saw tOSU play one game with the DL not doing much in terms of tackles or what not...but they did their FUCKING job in the scheme...the clogged the running lanes and did not break contain...meanwhile the pressure came from the LB's and Secondary, oh and the LB's played a whale of a game...so you are basing this all on one game?

the tOSU Oline has to protect against one of the best FUCKING DEFENSES in the country as well...Sims/Mangold played a lot their freshman years (2002 NC Year), and the other guys are experienced and physical...

just because some dude on your DLine has a 42 inch vertical and blah, blah, can bench 100 pounds, blah, blah...domination does not that EQUAL...

again while you spew out personal stats, hair color, favorite movies, etc to shore up your argument...WHAT DOES all that get or have gotten Texas? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY NOTHING...ok so you won a Rose Bowl 38-37...great...and you know for a fact tOSU is going to spin their LB's down to get more speed on the field...did Tress send you the gameplan already? My guess is Tress and staff are not gonna take any hints from LLoyd...

remember Vito all the talent in the world won't win games...see John Cooper, Mack Brown, LLoyd Carr...it is how you motivate, coach, and prepare that talent...outside of the Rose Bowl last year Texas has not shown me the propensity to win the BIG GAME regularly (notice I said regularly this time)...until they prove that otherwise Texas will NOT WIN on Saturday...

again tOSU 31
Texas 17
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

How is Texas going to respond to defending Ginn, Holmes, Gonzalez, etc?
By putting your quarterback on his ass before he can get them the ball. That is one part, the second is that Texas is about 7 deep in the defensive backfield. Your offense is nothing new, it is a watered down version of Texas Techs and OU's offense. We shut down both of theirs as well. Texas has 3 corners that can lock up virtually any receiver. Huff IMO is as good as Quintin Jammer was for us. He doesn't get the pub because we are so loaded this year. Texas will also do it by shutting down your running game and keeping you in 3rd and long all day, we will take away your 3 step drops forcing you to have to throw verticle and then we will load up with 6 DBs and blitz you from all angles. Your porous Oline can't keep out our Dline and thus you will be punting all day.
So you saw tOSU play one game with the DL not doing much in terms of tackles or what not...but they did their FUCKING job in the scheme...the clogged the running lanes and did not break contain...meanwhile the pressure came from the LB's and Secondary, oh and the LB's played a whale of a game...so you are basing this all on one game?
No, I saw the Michigan game, the Alamo Bowl, and Miami OH. Forgive me if I didn't come away overly impressed with any of those wins since Texas scored a combined 94 points against two of those opponents.

And you are right all the talent in the world won't win games, But Texas has more than Talent they have great coaches too. Mack in 7 seasons has never won less than 9 games. True we have been upset from time to time, Arkansas, NCSU, Stanford, and Tech, but he has won a ton of big games, beat Nebraska twice when they were a power, beat LSU and Michigan in bowl games. What I have never seen Mack do is lose to a team like Northwestern or U Cinnci, or a Mac level opponent. I have seen OSU lose to that level of competition.

Texas 24
blOw uS U 13
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Ok and tOSU scored 68 points against Okie State and Michigan...while holding them to 28...what did Texas give up to Michigan? 37 and okie state? 45?

so you are not impressed that tOSU held those same two opponents you played to 44 less points than Texas? mmm...kay...

so your corners are sooooo fucking good that they can just totally shutdown every type of offense? Then why no National championships? Why haven't you blown everyone out...

Yeah tOSU struggled with Cinci (DID NOT LOSE) nor have they lost to a MAC school ask KSU, Maryland, Bama, etc how tough some of those MAC schools are (Marshall, Northern Illinois)...ok...Texas struggled with kansas last year...and Mizzou...did that get lost on you? We got waxed by Iowa and lost in OT to NW and beat flat out by Wisc...yeah ok...again...you act as if Texas just fucking rolled everyone and they didn't...

ok texas is soooo vastly superior I am going to get on the phone and call Tress and tell him to fuck it, pack it in and just send out the reserves...

yeah whatever...
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Vito Corleone wrote:Mack in 7 seasons has never won less than 9 games. True, with the exception of the Rose Bowl last season he's never won a big one but a win is a win, right?.
fixed
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Vito Corleone wrote:
T REX wrote:Board bitch is thrown out everytime someone doesn't agree with someone else. Its pretty much passe. Time for something new.

Riddle me this tard what the hell has florida won lately? Talk shit about Texas when you pussies do something of note.

BTW incase you didn't want to accept it but the Zook years really did happen.
How about 7 SEC titles in the last 14 years? Zook is gone. I don't think Meyer took this job to come in second in the SEC. We'll see.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Wow 7 titles in 14 years is impressive, but considering the majority of those 14 years were basically the decade of the 90's which happened to be the Golden Years of Florida football I'm not that impressed. The 90's was basically the 2nd worst decade for Texas football and at the same time they still won 4 Conference titles and had a heisman winner.

Now what has Florida done in the last 4 years? That is the most relivant since todays seniors were freshmen 4 years ago?
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Vito Corleone wrote:Wow 7 titles in 14 years is impressive, but considering the majority of those 14 years were basically the decade of the 90's which happened to be the Golden Years of Florida football I'm not that impressed. The 90's was basically the 2nd worst decade for Texas football and at the same time they still won 4 Conference titles and had a heisman winner.

Now what has Florida done in the last 4 years? That is the most relivant since todays seniors were freshmen 4 years ago?
We last won the SEC in 2000. When was your last conference title?

Last conference title: 1996
Last national title: 1970

Oh........uh.......my bad. You're not impressed with UF? Then you must really not be impressed with your own team. Damn.

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

88 wrote:I used to just passively enjoy watching the annual Tejas meltdown. Now I'm starting to get the same feeling about the Whorns that I get about the Whoreverines.

Yes, on paper, Texas looks like a worthy opponent for Ohio State. I'll grant you that. They might be a superior team on paper.

But games aren't played on paper. They are played on grass, in stadiums filled to capacity with fire-water drinking savages. And much fire-water will flow on Saturday. And the savages will be restless.

I've been to every night game ever played at Ohio Stadium. It is surreal. The sun descends and the night cools quickly. Eerie shadows are cast on the crowd from the auxillary lighting surrounding the stadium. It is definitely on, fuckers, and everyone knows it.

The game seems bigger. More important. The hitting is ferocious. The cheers thunderous. Each touchdown more magnificent than the one before. Complete madness. The Buckeyes will feed off the energy. It will inspire them to do things they did not know they could do. And it will cause the Longwhorns to drop the ball, and miss catches, and do things they never thought they'd do. Its called Buckeye kharma, bitch. And its wrapped in a giant scarlet and gray linebacker released from hell.

Texas fan has never experienced the vortex of hate that will grip them, and hurl them into the depths of hell like they will feel on Saturday night. This ain't no BigXII pajama party, Nancy. This is the BigTen. And this one is going to be especially nasty, up close and personal.

But we're a civilized. I personally promise to leave a $20 on your mother's pillow when I'm finished. But you are probably going to want to get those curtains replaced, if you know what I mean.
88 is en fuego!

RACK him again!
FIGHT ON!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

RACK 88!!!
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:Mack in 7 seasons has never won less than 9 games. True, with the exception of the Rose Bowl last season he's never won a big one but a win is a win, right?.
fixed
So what are you saying Jimmy, beating Nebraska when they are a top 3 team in their house to end a 90+ game home winning streak is not winning a big game. Beating Nebraska when they are ranked #1 is not winning a big game? You sound like Trev Alberts and Mark May. Like I mentioned in the Trev Alberts fired thread, he and the rest of the game day crew used to spout this shit all day and the rest of you lemmings ate it up.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

T REX wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:Wow 7 titles in 14 years is impressive, but considering the majority of those 14 years were basically the decade of the 90's which happened to be the Golden Years of Florida football I'm not that impressed. The 90's was basically the 2nd worst decade for Texas football and at the same time they still won 4 Conference titles and had a heisman winner.

We last won the SEC in 2000. When was your last conference title?

Last conference title: 1996
Last national title: 1970

Oh........uh.......my bad. You're not impressed with UF? Then you must really not be impressed with your own team. Damn.
Hey dumbfuck since you can't count I asked what have you done in the last 4 years not 5. now answer that question bitch.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

88 wrote:I used to just passively enjoy watching the annual Tejas meltdown. Now I'm starting to get the same feeling about the Whorns that I get about the Whoreverines.

Yes, on paper, Texas looks like a worthy opponent for Ohio State. I'll grant you that. They might be a superior team on paper.

But games aren't played on paper. They are played on grass, in stadiums filled to capacity with fire-water drinking savages. And much fire-water will flow on Saturday. And the savages will be restless.

I've been to every night game ever played at Ohio Stadium. It is surreal. The sun descends and the night cools quickly. Eerie shadows are cast on the crowd from the auxillary lighting surrounding the stadium. It is definitely on, fuckers, and everyone knows it.

The game seems bigger. More important. The hitting is ferocious. The cheers thunderous. Each touchdown more magnificent than the one before. Complete madness. The Buckeyes will feed off the energy. It will inspire them to do things they did not know they could do. And it will cause the Longwhorns to drop the ball, and miss catches, and do things they never thought they'd do. Its called Buckeye kharma, bitch. And its wrapped in a giant scarlet and gray linebacker released from hell.

Texas fan has never experienced the vortex of hate that will grip them, and hurl them into the depths of hell like they will feel on Saturday night. This ain't no BigXII pajama party, Nancy. This is the BigTen. And this one is going to be especially nasty, up close and personal.

But we're a civilized. I personally promise to leave a $20 on your mother's pillow when I'm finished. But you are probably going to want to get those curtains replaced, if you know what I mean.
Wow, that is the most poetic bullshit I have ever read. You must write for Harlequin.

Fact is every other year we face a tougher crowd than what we will see in Austin down in Pyle Field. You can triple the crowd in the stands and none of them are going to make a lick of difference on the field. As much as you wish it to be your slow ass linebackers aren't going to become the Simonals linebackers just because the game is played at night. As Herbie said on Austin Radio the blOw uS U crowd is reactionary they get loud when something good happens and quite when something bad happens. I fully expect to hear crickets churping by the 4th quarter when Texas is getting their backups a little playing time because we have put the game out of reach.

Your shit is old, I keep hearing the same dribble over and over. Our linebackers, our stadium, how you going to stop the ginngerbread man. You fuckers have yet to tell me how you plan on blocking our Dline or how your linebackers are going to display all this speed while on their backs. How the hell is ginn supposed to touch the football when your QB will be spending the day running for his life?

The beating blOw uS U is going to take Saturday is going to be legendary I will save my song for then

OUT
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^

88's post totally lost on Vito...

Vito I think now we have gravitated to more of the fun side of the trash talking...so put away your media guide and your stop watch (which I am sure you use to time the tOSU players while watching them on tv) to tell me they are slow

oh and by the way dumbshit...most pundits and astute college football fans had tOSU's and FSU's linebackers rated 1A and 1B...at least according to the numerous articles and fishwraps I was able to read...not just what http://www.thehornsaregreat.com

and let's have some fun now...ok?

RACK THE EVER LOVING FUCK OUT OF 88...

I am sending MUCHO FUCKING KHARMA to C-Bus Bro and to all my Buckeye Bretheren...all we need now is Brave Fan to show up...

88 one day my man we will have a troll stop for a game and the first 12 beers are on me...i almost spit my coffee all over my monitor this morning reading that post...

you sure you want to leave $20? i mean isn't that more than most Texans make in a month?
Last edited by buckeye_in_sc on Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Vito Corleone wrote: Elwood

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:55 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimmy Medalions wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:
Mack in 7 seasons has never won less than 9 games. True, with the exception of the Rose Bowl last season he's never won a big one but a win is a win, right?.

fixed

So what are you saying Jimmy, beating Nebraska when they are a top 3 team in their house to end a 90+ game home winning streak is not winning a big game. Beating Nebraska when they are ranked #1 is not winning a big game? You sound like Trev Alberts and Mark May. Like I mentioned in the Trev Alberts fired thread, he and the rest of the game day crew used to spout this shit all day and the rest of you lemmings ate it up.

I thought we weren't allowed to go back that far? at least that's the shit you tried to pull on me when i questioned Texas not winning a conference championship recently or National championship...

anyway carry on...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When someone uses an absolute statement like Jimmy did I think it is ok to refute it.

BTW last night Espn said that Texas under Mack is 0-10 against top ten teams,

I looked it up and Texas is actually 3-10 vs top ten teams that were top 10 when they faced them and 3-12 against teams that ended the season top 10.

Like I said these assholes spout off shit like this and the rest of the sports lemmings eat it up.

BTW I have yet to take any of this serious, this is just a fun way to pass the time til game day.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

just checking on ya...

i just didn't know if that Texas media guide was attached to your hands, ass, or whatever...

in all actuallity this will be a clash of epoch proportions (yeah I know thanks captain obvious)...

I am curious as to what Corso is going to do...he has picked tOSU everytime gameday has been in Columbus and they have won...I do believe Gameday is in C-Bus...they finally let them back on campus...

just waiting for another epoch post from 88...archive that shit though...

Brave...where are you?