MY FF draft today

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

MY FF draft today

Post by BBMarley »

12 team league- scoring is pretty basic with some minor differences and bonuses- but the 1 point for 10 yards receiving/rushing and 1 point for 25 yards passing and 6 for TD stands. We strart QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF

I am pretty damn happy with my team

QB- Jake Plummer
QB- Steve McNair

RB- Edgerin James
RB- Julius Jones
RB- Kevan Barlow (Counting on him bouncing back some this year- but if not- screw it- hes a backup)

WR- Marvin Harrison
WR- Steve Smith
WR- Eddie Kennison
WR- Derrick Mason
WR- Terry Glenn
WR- Bobby Engram

TE- Alge Crumpler
TE- Eric Johnson

K- Mike Vanderjagt

Def- Philadelphia
Def- Miami

How does it look like I did?
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

I'm guessing here, but did you have the 8th pick?
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: MY FF draft today

Post by War Wagon »

BBMarley wrote:
You got hosed.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

War Wagon wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
You got hosed.
How do you figure?
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

KUTTER wrote:I'm guessing here, but did you have the 8th pick?
Exactly
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BBMarley wrote:
How do you figure?
For a 12 team league, you screwed up at both QB and RB.

Nice pick's the rest of the way, but you won't be able to overcome those deficiencies.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

First observations:

Not much depth at RB in a draft heavy in RB depth.
Edge and Julius are a good starting pair, but your screwed if either gets hurt. I had Barlow rated # 39 on my list of RB's.
(I owned him last year)

QB - If you grabbed Plaummer in round 6 (my guess) you got exceptional value - 4,000 yds. 28 TDs (one rushing) - No reason to believe he won't be close to that again this year. McNair is a wasted pick without Volek as a handcuff.

WR - I like Steve Smith - A Lot. I don't like Marvin as much - I'd have grabbed Joe Horn, TO or Tory Holt ahead of him. Kennison should give you close to 1,000 yds and 6 TDs - Not bad for a # 3

TE - if it's not Gates or Gonzo they are all pretty close.

K & Def - I'll just grab whoever is hot and play match ups

---------

Bottom line - in a 12 team league, without RB depth, your not gonna go far without depth. The Bye weeks for Edge and JJ are gonna hurt you.

Overall Grade - B-
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

War Wagon wrote:
BBMarley wrote:
How do you figure?
For a 12 team league, you screwed up at both QB and RB.

Nice pick's the rest of the way, but you won't be able to overcome those deficiencies.
Screwed up at RB? Edge is a top 5 back and Jones is a solid RB playing behind a highly improved line in an offense that loves to run the ball. Don't be surprised if he tops 1500 yards... (And I hate complementing a cowboy)
Barlow is a risk- but he is a reserve and has a chance to bounce back to his form of two years ago. If he doesn't- I can hit the waiver wire for some early up and comers before a buy week.

QB is always a late round selection for me. Manning, Culpepper and Mcnabb all went in the first two rounds. Plummer threw for 4000+ yards and 27 TD's last year.. if he cuts down on the INT's a little- I think he is a solid #1- plus he is good for a few rushing yards here and there. McNair is a back-up.. but I think he may be able to turn it around this year. Witrh the tandem of Henry/Brown keeping defenses honest, and a new O Coordinator who will be letting him air out the ball- Air Mcnair may be making a reappearence this year.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

KC Scott wrote:First observations:

Not much depth at RB in a draft heavy in RB depth.
Edge and Julius are a good starting pair, but your screwed if either gets hurt. I had Barlow rated # 39 on my list of RB's.
(I owned him last year)

QB - If you grabbed Plaummer in round 6 (my guess) you got exceptional value - 4,000 yds. 28 TDs (one rushing) - No reason to believe he won't be close to that again this year. McNair is a wasted pick without Volek as a handcuff.

WR - I like Steve Smith - A Lot. I don't like Marvin as much - I'd have grabbed Joe Horn, TO or Tory Holt ahead of him. Kennison should give you close to 1,000 yds and 6 TDs - Not bad for a # 3

TE - if it's not Gates or Gonzo they are all pretty close.

K & Def - I'll just grab whoever is hot and play match ups

---------

Bottom line - in a 12 team league, without RB depth, your not gonna go far without depth. The Bye weeks for Edge and JJ are gonna hurt you.

Overall Grade - B-
I normally draft at least one other RB (like to have 2 backups) but the way my draft played out this year... most of the guys undrafted stayed undrafted. I'm going to hit the waiver wire tonight and may pick up another insurance back- or try to deal of Eric Johnson to a team hurting for a TE- can pick up a decent back up for his value...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BBMarley wrote:

Screwed up at RB? Edge is a top 5 back...

:lol:

Good luck.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

BBMarley wrote:12 team league- scoring is pretty basic with some minor differences and bonuses- but the 1 point for 10 yards receiving/rushing and 1 point for 25 yards passing and 6 for TD stands. We strart QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF

I am pretty damn happy with my team

QB- Jake Plummer
QB- Steve McNair

RB- Edgerin James
RB- Julius Jones
RB- Kevan Barlow (Counting on him bouncing back some this year- but if not- screw it- hes a backup)

WR- Marvin Harrison
WR- Steve Smith
WR- Eddie Kennison
WR- Derrick Mason
WR- Terry Glenn
WR- Bobby Engram

TE- Alge Crumpler
TE- Eric Johnson

K- Mike Vanderjagt

Def- Philadelphia
Def- Miami

I'd see if you could move Smith or Harrison for an upgrade at RB. You like Jones playing the Eagles Run D 2 times this year? I wouldn't.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

He plays for Parcells. That means he will carry the ball 25 times per game. If that means he gets 3.0 ypc twice a year against the Eagles, so be it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KUTTER wrote:He plays for Parcells. That means he will carry the ball 25 times per game. If that means he gets 3.0 ypc twice a year against the Eagles, so be it.
and that'll amount to what in fantasy points?
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

7 in most leagues, add a TD and its 13. Plus you are assuming that the Eagles run D is enough to scare Parcells. Jones will get his, regardless of opponent. I remember Corey Dillon, Eddie George, and Fred Taylor having big years even though all 3 of them had to face the Ravens D twice a year. You don't shit-can a RB because he may have a few tough days.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Here's my latest draft. It's a 12 team serpentine draft. No keepers. Each team drafts the following:

2 QB
2 TE
2 K
2 DEF
5 RB
5 WR

It's a yardage and TD league. All TDs are 6 points. 1 point for every 25 yards rushing/recieving and 1 point every 50 yards passing. The rounds are in parenthisis. Oh, and QBs and Kickers are drafted as a team position. So there are no handcuffs for QBs.

QB- Marc Bulger (5)
QB- Ben Roethlisberger (15)

TE- Tony Gonzalez (3)
TE- Jeremay Stevens (16)

DEF- Steelers (10)
DEF- Washington (17)

K- Jason Hanson (14)
K- Paul Edinger (18)

RB- Clinton Portis (1)
RB- Kevin Jones (2)
RB- Cadillac Williams (4)
RB- J.J. Arrington (6)
RB- Willie Parker (8)

WR- Issac Bruce (7)
WR- Rod Smith (8)
WR- Amani Toomer (11)
WR- Sammie Parker (12)
WR- Kevin Curtis (13)

Have at it.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

QB- Marc Bulger (5) I like this pick
QB- Ben Roethlisberger (15) I hate this one, a homer pick for sure

TE- Tony Gonzalez (3) Good, but too early
TE- Jeremay Stevens (16) Whatever

DEF- Steelers (10) Both good D's
DEF- Washington (17)

K- Jason Hanson (14) Nah
K- Paul Edinger (18) I like this one

RB- Clinton Portis (1) What other RBs were left in the 2nd?
RB- Kevin Jones (2)
RB- Cadillac Williams (4) You have a touchdown problem at RB
RB- J.J. Arrington (6)
RB- Willie Parker (8) Another useless homer pick

WR- Issac Bruce (7) Uh, you REALLY have a problem at WR
WR- Rod Smith (8)
WR- Amani Toomer (11)
WR- Sammie Parker (12)
WR- Kevin Curtis (13)

I'd really like to see what RBs were left when you took Portis and Jones. Also, your WRs are atrocious. I can't see you scoring much.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Just had my second FF draft today. Another 8-team, serpentine draft.

Passing - 1 point per 20
Rush/rec - 1 point per 10
All TDs = 6 points

QB Bulger (5)
QB Plummer (13)

RB Tomlinson (1)
RB Portis (4)
RB Anderson,M (7)
RB Arrington (8)
RB Taylor,F (9)
RB Williams,C (14)
RB Foster (15)

WR Holt (2)
WR Moss,R (3)
WR Jackson,D (6)
WR Colbert (16)

TE Smith,LJ (11)

K Wilkins (10)

DEF DEN (12)

I had the 3rd overall pick, and the first two went Manning-McNabb. Unbelieveable.

Then I went Holt-Moss with the 14th and 19th. I got Portis and Bulger with the 30th and 35th. I ended up with my #1 RB, #1 and #4 WR, and #3 QB.

My league starts 3 WRs every week, and every time I decided to take a fourth WR I got undercut. Mike Clayton and Ashley Lelie went in the 7th right before me, Drew Bennett and Isaac Bruce went right before me in the 8th. At that point the pickings got very slim, as I needed a WR who didn't have a bye during weeks 5 (Moss), 8 (Jackson), or 9 (Holt). Instead of giving in, I just kept piling up RBs in rounds 7,8,9,14, and 15. I took Colbert in the last round on upside potential alone. He'll hopefully only crack my lineup on three weeks anyway.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

KUTTER wrote:QB- Marc Bulger (5) I like this pick
QB- Ben Roethlisberger (15) I hate this one, a homer pick for sure
Unless he starts throwing bombs, Big Ben will be playing one week for me. I didn't see anything better in the 15th round.
TE- Tony Gonzalez (3) Good, but too early
TE- Jeremay Stevens (16) Whatever
Gonzo and Gates both went in the 3rd round. If you look through mock drafts, you'll see that Gonzo and Gates both have ADPs in the mid 3rd round.
DEF- Steelers (10) Both good D's
DEF- Washington (17)

K- Jason Hanson (14) Nah
K- Paul Edinger (18) I like this one
Two dome kickers. That's what I was looking for.
RB- Clinton Portis (1) What other RBs were left in the 2nd?
RB- Kevin Jones (2)
RB- Cadillac Williams (4) You have a touchdown problem at RB
RB- J.J. Arrington (6)
RB- Willie Parker (8) Another useless homer pick

WR- Issac Bruce (7) Uh, you REALLY have a problem at WR
WR- Rod Smith (8)
WR- Amani Toomer (11)
WR- Sammie Parker (12)
WR- Kevin Curtis (13)

I'd really like to see what RBs were left when you took Portis and Jones. Also, your WRs are atrocious. I can't see you scoring much.
I'm not thrilled with my WR situation. But there was a run on top WR talent very early in this draft. By the time I had my 2nd pick, Moss, Owens, Holt, Harrison and Chad Johnson had already been taken. The RBs that had already been taken in the 2nd were Tomlinson, Alexander, McAllister, Holmes, James, Dillon, Domanick Davis and Jamal Lewis. When it came around to me, I was looking at Rudi Johnson, Kevin Jones and Julius Jones as the best players on the board. IMO, Kevin Jones was the best of the group. In fact, I had him pegged as the 6th best player on the board. IMO, Jones and Portis are both 1500 yard 15 TD guys.

The good news is that my league looks at the RBs and WRs as a group. You have to start 6 of the 10 WRs and RBs. My likely first week lineup will be:

Portis, Jones, Arrington, Bruce, Parker, Toomer

Oh well, I guess that's why the play the games.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

KUTTER wrote:I had the 3rd overall pick, and the first two went Manning-McNabb. Unbelieveable.

Then I went Holt-Moss with the 14th and 19th. I got Portis and Bulger with the 30th and 35th. I ended up with my #1 RB, #1 and #4 WR, and #3 QB.
How you got Portis in the 4th round escapes me. Did you drug your competitors?
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

No one I know sees Portis scoring 15 TDs in the next TWO seasons combined. He scraped 7 together last year with a run friendly coach. 15? No way.

As for Jones scoring that many, I don't see it happening. First, he plays for Detroit. Second, Mariucci has a hard time leaving stud running backs alone. Jones will be battling Pinner for catches and goal-line carries. Plus, Harrington fucking sucks. That offense will keep Jones in the 6-8 TD range, and about 1200 yards. People are going nuts over his last 8 games from last year, and they forget about the first 8.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

I would have taken Rudi Johnson before Kevin Jones. He plays in a better offense, has a better QB, doesn't get pulled at the goal line, and he's a horse. I think you missed out on that one.

Wait a minute, where was McGahee? Was he taken before or after Portis and K. Jones?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

McGahee was taken right after I took Portis. If you think Jones has issues with a shitty offense, McGahee has those same issues and more as J.P. Losman is taking over the QB position. Jones had injury issues at the start of last year. But, he played through them and got his feet under himself and finished like a ton of bricks. Furthermore, the defenses in the NFC North suck. And the Lions play the Packers, Bengals and Saints during my playoffs. I like those matchups.

As for Portis, he still has a run friendly coach and the players around him have improved from last year. What I saw of Portis against the Steelers first string defense was enough to convince me he's going to be a top flight RB this year. He was ripping holes in the #1 run defense.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Fair enough, but I would have taken McGahee and Johnson instead of Portis and Jones. We'll see who was right.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KUTTER wrote:7 in most leagues, add a TD and its 13. Plus you are assuming that the Eagles run D is enough to scare Parcells. Jones will get his, regardless of opponent. I remember Corey Dillon, Eddie George, and Fred Taylor having big years even though all 3 of them had to face the Ravens D twice a year. You don't shit-can a RB because he may have a few tough days.

Much like you can't shit can a RB because he has a shitty qb... but when you line up the pros and cons of a RB, schedule should be an important factor.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

jiminphilly wrote:
KUTTER wrote:7 in most leagues, add a TD and its 13. Plus you are assuming that the Eagles run D is enough to scare Parcells. Jones will get his, regardless of opponent. I remember Corey Dillon, Eddie George, and Fred Taylor having big years even though all 3 of them had to face the Ravens D twice a year. You don't shit-can a RB because he may have a few tough days.

Much like you can't shit can a RB because he has a shitty qb... but when you line up the pros and cons of a RB, schedule should be an important factor.
Agreed. I am not as high on J. Jones as most people, but for reasons other than Dallas' schedule. I think scheduling, for the elite backs, has very little to do with their ranking. Elite backs perform against all levels of competition -- that's why they are elite.

I think Jones COULD be the next Curtis Martin, but he needs to play in 16 games first. He may be on the brittle side.