Seeing the light on a heavy issue

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I was never a fan of Nolan becoming the Niners next head coach, but felt he would bring plenty as the D coordinator. The issues I had goes back to when his dad was the head coach and was a nightmare.

Here's a well written article that talks about the situation in part.

All I care about is what happens on the field. Frankly, if Nolan is a failure, every Niner fan will rise up and personally boot that whole stinking regime out of the Bay Area. Here's hoping the Niners show some improvement on the field. I'm not really discouraged that Smith didn't win the job right away. I don't think he'd have been safe behind that patchwork O-line, and I didn't want him to lose confidence at a crucial stage in his career. If he can take this season slowly, he and his 41 wunderlic score should be able to learn everything and be ready to compete for the job again next season.

Frankly, I'd be happy with this season if the Niners somehow could go 6-10. I'd consider that a success. Perhaps Nolan still has a few things to learn about how to talk to the media. I'm not as concerned with his image in the media before his team has ever played a regular season game. I'm much more concerned with how the team plays on the field. Will they win? We'll see.

That being said, I still think they can win the NFC West if all falls into place.

m2
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

m2

with all that has happened to the 49'ers O-Line...its good for the 49'ers FUTURE that Rattay is going to be the QB...errr....sacrificial lamb.

Kurt Warner will probably be the 49'ers Starter Next Year....and that could be a good thing as well!

i'm not "picking at you"....just sayin' that Warner might wilt in the Desert Heat this year....and could easily become available.

Alex Smith doesn't need to be Brow-beaten so soon. not this year, or next---->unless the O-Line is vastly improved.

hopefully, Nolan realizes that....and won't succumb to the Pressure to make Alex EARN his $$$$$$ NOW.

see Tim Couch, Cade McKLown...etc.

patience is a virtue...(is that possible in today's NFL?)
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Kurt Warner will probably be the 49'ers Starter Next Year....and that could be a good thing as well!

i'm not "picking at you"....just sayin' that Warner might wilt in the Desert Heat this year....and could easily become available.

Based on what?

Of course, if it turned out he was too much of a pussy to handle the heat, then he would be a good fit for the niners.

But that's not going to happen.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Nolan is a solid guy. He did a great job here as receivers coach and then defensive coordinator. He's a class guy who was well liked and respected. That doesn't necessarily make him a good head coach, but he deserves a fair shake until the end of the season. A fat lineman dying is a tragedy, but I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

At least let Nolan get to week 8 before you call for his head.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Who stole m2's password? Purdy solid up until
That being said, I still think they can win the NFC West if all falls into place.
It's the Seahags division to lose
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

It's the Seahags division to lose.

No.

ImageImage
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Diogenes wrote:
It's the Seahags division to lose.

No.

Yes.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Diogenes wrote:Kurt Warner will probably be the 49'ers Starter Next Year....and that could be a good thing as well!

Based on what?

Of course, if it turned out he was too much of a pussy to handle the heat, then he would be a good fit for the niners.

it COULD....and you acknowledged it. :o

yes, its the Seabags division to lose.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

What that article fails to point out is that no team wanted to trade for #1 . And with Rattay's penchant for injury , no real solid vet QB's available ( I would have liked McMahon to sign ) , picking a QB at #1 was really the only real option . If they could have traded down and got more picks , they may have been able to trade for QB .

The fastest way for the Niners to recover from the disaster of Donahue and Erickson is to build thier defense first , and get a solid running game going . Nolan's staff on paper is impressive ( with Singletary as asst. HC ) , and he really needs more than one year to turn around the ship that was sinking due to apathy from the FO . The Niners are in Nolan's blood . His father was fairly successful in the early 70's , brining 3 division titles . The O-line is still shaky , and Smith is only 21 years old . If you expect a 21 year old rookie to lead you to the playoffs , then you are high . The team isn't near ready for even a vet QB to lead them there .
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Qbert wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Kurt Warner will probably be the 49'ers Starter Next Year....and that could be a good thing as well!

Based on what?

it COULD....and you acknowledged it. :o

yes, its the Seabags division to lose.
And the Cards COULD win it all this year.

But that's not going to happen either.

They will win the west though.

ImageImage