California will end Toejam's hold on the # 1

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

California will end Toejam's hold on the # 1

Post by M2 »

:twisted:

Cal will own the toejam's once again. Just check the face to face records over the last 5 years. :D

My boy from the same high school as me, when we were the 2nd ranked team in the state of California back in 1980, with a North Coast Section Championship and one in 81'.

In 81' as a junior, I was the starting running back in our victory over El Molino in a 7-0 victory over the state's top defense!

I had 99 yards on 21 carries in the toughest game I was ever in...

I give you from the Terra Linda Trojans....

Joe Ayoob....

The top JC player in the country last year....

Interview

Big man on campus
An interview with Cal's new quarterback, Joe Ayoob

Story by Errol Tremolada
From the March 2005 Print Edition

As a Patriot staff writer, I don’t normally get to indulge in one of my most relished interests — sports. However, when Joe Ayoob signed his letter of intent to become the next Golden Bear quarterback, I got the green light to seize the opportunity. I grew up with Joe Ayoob, and I consider him one of the nicest, most stand-up guys you could meet; he’s a pretty decent quarterback too. Here’s the a little background on the newest collegiate phenomenon to grace the corridors of UC Berkeley.

Joseph Ayoob hails from just across the bay in Marin County where he played for the Terra Linda Trojans. He continued his quarterback success at City College of San Francisco, where he was touted as the best quarterback the school had ever had, and became a top prospect for coach Jeff Tedford.

In two years at CCSF, he won the 2003 National Championship and took his team to the California State Championship the following year. Now that Ayoob has officially exchanged that hideous red jersey for a classy California Golden Bear uniform, the Patriot sat down with him to find out what Cal’s next big quarterback had to say.

Patriot: What is the best nickname you have had? Who gave it to you?
Ayoob: ‘Booya’ because it has stuck with me for so long, but I can’t remember who gave it to me.

P: Saturday, November 12, 2005, the No. 1 team in the nation is coming to Berkeley — has that thought crossed your mind yet?
A: Yeah … I can’t wait. I’m not nervous right now — the game is too far away, but I’m definitely looking forward to it.

P: Biggest game that you are anticipating?
A: Every game I play in. I’m hoping every game I get better and learn more so that next time I step on the field I’ll be more prepared.

P: More intimidating: history class at UC Berkeley or coach Tedford?
A: Coach Tedford when he’s mad, but history class is tough too.

P: Easier pass: midterm or touchdown?
A: Touchdown; doesn’t take the studying. It’s just that split-second reaction.

P: One person, other than your parents, who is responsible for you being where you are today?
A: Coach Hayes — quarterback coach at City College of San Francisco. He made me what I am now.

P: One player you can’t wait to step onto the gridiron with?
A: Marshawn Lynch … as a true freshman, he was unbelievable. From what I saw last year and what I see now in his work ethic in the weight room, he is really unbelievable.

P: One player you can’t wait to play against?
A: Matt Leinart [USC Quarterback] — because of everything he has done. The Heisman, two national champs, he hasn’t lost in two years … I want to hand him a loss.

P: Most underrated player in PAC 10?
A: The entire AZ defense ---

P: Most overrated player in the PAC 10?
A: I don’t know. I haven’t played against them yet.

P: Expectations for 2005 season?
A: Win the Pac-10, and take Cal to the Rose Bowl.

P: What was more exciting signing on the dotted line to play for the Bears or winning the 2003 National Championship?
A: They were equal. They were both exciting in their own rights…Signing for a big school was exciting…Winning the National Championship was amazing too it took awhile to set in and it’s still hard to believe it happened. It was a great experience.

P: One thing that surprised you about UC Berkeley?
A: The size of campus. Junior college was so much smaller. The way things work in general; things are bigger and better. It’s more fun.

P: A few years from now when you are no longer a Cal Bear, what will fans be saying about Joe Ayoob the quarterback?
A: I want people to think I’m a great guy who stands up for what he believes in — and that I was a hell of a QB.

P: After losing to Texas Tech, Cal finished the year at No. 9 in the nation. In the new 2005 rankings from ESPN’s Pat Forde, as of now Cal holds the No. 22 seed. One of the reasons they mentioned for the drop was because Aaron Rodgers left. How do you react to that? Is No. 22 respect or disrespect?
A: It’s not disrespect. I mean Aaron was a major reason Cal got as far as they did last year. I react to the statement basically by saying, “Aaron Rodgers is gone but they got someone just as good or better this year to lead the Bears.”

P: Better QB in ten years, Aaron Rodgers or Joe Ayoob?
A: I have to say myself … but right now … Aaron is a million miles above me. Hopefully later I can accomplish just as much as him or more.

P: Niner nation or Raider nation?
A: 49ers

P: Anything to tell the fans that are eager for football season to roll around?
A: Come to the games … check us out … it’s going to be a fun year, and we’re going to do our best to put Cal back on top.

Cal will also have the best set of wide out's in the country and the best running back in the Pac-10...Marshawn Lynch

I give you Lavelle Hawkins...

Lavelle Hawkins

and the best high school wide reciever in the country!

MVP of the high school All-American Game in
San Antonio...

DeSean Jackson

Cal maybe ranked 15th at the start of the season,, but the toejam's will not end up #1 at the end...

and you can thank CAL now, if you will

You're welcome,

The Bay Area

the truth
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

a JC transfer, an LSU drop out and a kid affraid to compete for playing time is going to help a team that couldnt beat Texas Tech in a bowl game, even with a first round pick at QB, beat the back to back National Champs?
2 years ago Cal played the game of their lives vs a wet behind the ears SC team that was trying to find themselves. Cal needed triple OT and some missed SC kicks to win at home by 3.
This year the Trojans will be much more experianced, much deeper at every position and oh yeah Pete carroll has NEVER lost a game in November while he has been at SC.
Cal is playing for second place in the Pac, hopefully for them this year they dont lose to whatever scrub team they play in the "you almost made it" bowl
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

SoCalTrjn wrote:a JC transfer, an LSU drop out and a kid affraid to compete for playing time is going to help a team that couldnt beat Texas Tech in a bowl game, even with a first round pick at QB, beat the back to back National Champs?
2 years ago Cal played the game of their lives vs a wet behind the ears SC team that was trying to find themselves. Cal needed triple OT and some missed SC kicks to win at home by 3.
This year the Trojans will be much more experianced, much deeper at every position and oh yeah Pete carroll has NEVER lost a game in November while he has been at SC.
Cal is playing for second place in the Pac, hopefully for them this year they dont lose to whatever scrub team they play in the "you almost made it" bowl

Twisted Evil

Cal will own the toejam's once again. Just check the face to face records over the last 5 years. Very Happy

m2 is the truth
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

m2 wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:a JC transfer, an LSU drop out and a kid affraid to compete for playing time is going to help a team that couldnt beat Texas Tech in a bowl game, even with a first round pick at QB, beat the back to back National Champs?

Twisted Evil

Cal will own the toejam's once again. Just check the face to face records over the last 5 years. Very Happy

m2 is the truth
Head-to-head over the last 5 years? The Trojans are 3-2.
When has Kal ever owned SC? USC's overall record against Kal indicates otherwise.

Spin the truth any way you want to. You do anyway. :roll:

P.S. Hey, how's Pete Carroll settling in as the 49'ers new head coach?? :roll: X1,000
FIGHT ON!
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

MTard,

You know college football like you know attractive women.

'Nuff said.

Out.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Cal aint gonna win shit w/ that mvscal QB.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

a JC transfer, an LSU drop out and a kid affraid to compete for playing time
Why is it that everytime SC loses a kid to another school you assholes (greg and jim excluded) say that doesn't want to compete for playing time? I'm sure at LBP he was competing. I'm sure at Cal he'll compete. give a little credit to other people because believe it or not there are some fine athlets out there that want to compete. Just because they don't sign with SC doesn't mean that they're not competitors. Now go fuck yourself.

SC will roll cal by the way.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Its cal.

They had there one good year for this decade.

You better just quit posting now because we all know you will come november anyway.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Laxplayer wrote:
a JC transfer, an LSU drop out and a kid affraid to compete for playing time
Why is it that everytime SC loses a kid to another school you assholes (greg and jim excluded) say that doesn't want to compete for playing time? I'm sure at LBP he was competing. I'm sure at Cal he'll compete. give a little credit to other people because believe it or not there are some fine athlets out there that want to compete. Just because they don't sign with SC doesn't mean that they're not competitors. Now go fuck yourself.

SC will roll cal by the way.
probably because in the case of Desean Jackson and Marlon Lucky this last year and Cameron Colvin the year before the player themself said that the reason they didnt choose USC was because of the amount of depth USC had those positions and their want to go somewhere that they could play right away.

Jackson not only didnt want to competewith the kids USC already had at WR but also didnt want to compete with Patrick Turner who commited to USC at the Army All Star game
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

YOu God Damn condom fans are so full of yourself. Don't tell me that Cameron Colvin didn't want to compete. The kid played for arguably the best hs football program in the country. He competed every freaking day. Wanting to play right away does not mean that kid doesn't want to compete. Looking at a school that has a lot of depth tells a kid that there may be better situations for them to meet their goals. Since you don't know any of these kids personally maybe it would be a good idea to stop generalizing about their character. They're all playing football at the highest level besides the NFL so they're competing. It may suit your egotistical needs but they're competing. Get off you fukking high horse.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Hi lax.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:Hi lax.
:lol:

It's great to see him getting worked up like this. The Trojans haven't even started camp yet.

Good times. :D
FIGHT ON!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Believe the Heupel wrote:SoCalTrjn wrote:
a JC transfer, an LSU drop out and a kid affraid to compete for playing time is going to help a team that couldnt beat Texas Tech in a bowl game, even with a first round pick at QB, beat the back to back National Champs?

That's a pretty good blast, so far as I see.

Cal fan sounds a lot like OSU fan.
please clarify the OSU??? I think you are one of the knowledgeable ones who refers to the real OSU as tOSU...if not tOSU carry on then...

wow lax already in mid season form...all we need now is a Jimmah blast on how tOSU is overrated and the pot will really be stirred... :D
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

buckeye_in_sc wrote:all we need now is a Jimmah blast on how tOSU is overrated and the pot will really be stirred... :D
They're not? :?

:lol:
Laxplayer

Post by Laxplayer »

Hi guys...just getting warmed up......
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Re: California will end Toejam's hold on the # 1

Post by JayDuck »

m2 wrote::twisted:

Cal will own the toejam's once again. Just check the face to face records over the last 5 years. :D

I give you from the Terra Linda Trojans....

Joe Ayoob....

The top JC player in the country last year....

http://mb14.scout.com/fcalinsiderfrm8.s ... 0310.topic
Ayoob really struggled today, and if I had to guess today, I'd say Longshore would be the starter.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:MTard,

You know college football like you know attractive women.

'Nuff said.

Out.

Hey. M2's women wouldn't be sooo bad if they didn't try to get rid of yeast infections "the old fashioned way".......
E UNUM PLURIBUS