Titans top pick Pacman..arrested

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Titans top pick Pacman..arrested

Post by ChargerMike »

:shock: anyone else had enough of these ganghstahs in pro sports...

http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle. ... cleID=2882
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Yawn.

So he got into a scuffle at a night club, and now the club's owner is trying to cash in.

Sounds like non-story, CM. Not like you haven't had your share of sports-related scuffles.

You a gangstah?
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Non story, let him get into a REAL program before he makes any news.

Regards

JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

^^^^

WTF? DUI is for kids. Try Ecstasy trafficking.

Sincerely,
Ty Law
Caught transporting Ecstasy over the US/Canada border in 2000. (it belonged to his cousin, of course... :meds: )
Nope. Not dead.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Who is this Ty Law you speak of? Is it the same dude that will replace Torchfield?
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Cueball wrote:Who is this Ty Law you speak of? Is it the same dude that will replace Torchfield?
I pray every day that KC doesn't have enough salary cap room to afford him.
Nope. Not dead.

Post by Guest »

The Titans will live to regret passing on Rolle to take Jones.

I thought this based just on physical ability alone before any of this shit came out.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Paul, I think there's a good reason for why KC settled on Ashley Ambrose, and didn't hold out for Ty Law, and why there isn't a single team in the NFL knocking down Ty Law's door to sign him.

Dude may be able to walk now, but it will be quite some time before he gets any speed back, and with as much muscular atrophy that he's no doubt going to have to deal with from immobilizing the leg as long as he has, he probably never will be as quick as he was.

I'm hoping they use whatever cap room they have left to land one more quality LB for depth before kickoff week.
Nope. Not dead.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

mvscal wrote:The problem with Law is his asking price.
No shit, Marcus Allen?

Yeah, injuries usually do that to a player's market value, don't they?

:meds:
Nope. Not dead.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

orcinus wrote:Yawn.

So he got into a scuffle at a night club, and now the club's owner is trying to cash in.

Sounds like non-story, CM. Not like you haven't had your share of sports-related scuffles.

You a gangstah?
Concur it's a yawner..howwwever, I would think the older players might have a bit of a problem with a rookie snatching blotter headlines. That honor is usually coveted by experienced wife beating, dope dealing, night clubbing veterans.

No, I'm no gangstah, but I brushed into a few up in Oakland. :shock:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

JHawkBCD wrote:Paul, I think there's a good reason for why KC settled on Ashley Ambrose, and didn't hold out for Ty Law, and why there isn't a single team in the NFL knocking down Ty Law's door to sign him.

Dude may be able to walk now, but it will be quite some time before he gets any speed back, and with as much muscular atrophy that he's no doubt going to have to deal with from immobilizing the leg as long as he has, he probably never will be as quick as he was.

I'm hoping they use whatever cap room they have left to land one more quality LB for depth before kickoff week.
Pretty sure that the Chiefs brain trust won't spend any precious cap money on potentially damaged goods.

That said, I'm with Paul on this one. If he's healthy, get Ty Law in here at all costs.
Last edited by War Wagon on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

JHawkBCD wrote:Paul, I think there's a good reason for why KC settled on Ashley Ambrose, and didn't hold out for Ty Law, and why there isn't a single team in the NFL knocking down Ty Law's door to sign him.

You nailed it Bill, and that's exactly why Paul thinks Law would be an upgrade over K.C.'s current crop of burners.

JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

ChargerMike wrote:You nailed it Bill, and that's exactly why Paul thinks Law would be an upgrade over K.C.'s current crop of burners.
I'm of the opinion that even a "healthy" Ty Law won't even be as effective as William Bartee, after the kind of injury that Law suffered. Too much of the KC area Ty Law hype is based on what he USED to be, and while I have much respect for the player he WAS, he hasn't proved he can do shit after his leg spent almost a year immobilized. I feel that Ashley Ambrose, while he's likely not going to any Pro Bowls any time soon without having a ticket, is still a better choice than Ty Law.

I'm good with KC taking a flyer on Law for the veteran minimum, but not much else. Unfortunately, his agents have him thinking he's worth ten times that.
Nope. Not dead.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:They showed him doing a workout where he did repeated cutting left and right, backpedaling as fast as he could, and abrupt stops and starts at full speed.
"Abrupt" stops, in this case, are still mentally anticipated moves that his body is prepared for in these tests. I'll be more convinced when those abrupt stops are caused by a receiver juking him, and he doesn't look like Nancy Kerrigan in the aftermath of the move. That can only start to play out in a team's training camp.

I'm still standing by picking him up at the veterans minimum, and not a dime more. If his health report is anywhere near truthful, then there should be no problem backloading the contract with incentives, as this superhuman Ty Law, that many seem to be touting, should be able to achieve those bonus levels without breaking a sweat... right?
Nope. Not dead.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

JHawkBCD wrote:^^^^

WTF? DUI is for kids. Try Ecstasy trafficking.

Sincerely,
Ty Law
Caught transporting Ecstasy over the US/Canada border in 2000. (it belonged to his cousin, of course... :meds: )
I'll drive.

Sin,
Steve McNair's mom

:twisted:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

orcinus wrote:Yawn.

You a gangstah?
This from DraftSharks.com
** Two warrants were issued early Wednesday morning for the Titans 1st-round draft pick, CB Adam "Pacman" Jones. He is wanted for assault after an incident at a Nashville nightclub at around 1:00 am after a Destiny’s Child concert. Details are fuzzy but our Titans insider told us Pacman was allegedly smoking marijuana inside the club and when the bouncer approached him, some sort of altercation ensued. Apparently the bouncer went downtown to appear before the Night Court Commissioner and claimed that Jones swung at him, ripped his gold necklace off his neck, and tore up his shirt in the process.
Yea, that sounds gangstah to me.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

They guys name is "Pacman" for fuck's sake.