Most Underrated Legend

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Most Underrated Legend

Post by Raydah James »

Since Emofaglice is a cunt, I figured i'd start a better thread.

First off, Vlad G. gets the nod as the most underrated legend of all-time.

Dude can do it all-Hit for Power, hit for average, has a fucking Cannon, and can Steal Bases and Chase down impossible fly balls that no one else would be able to touch.

The strike zone could be 10 feet by 10 feet and he'd still bat .280 with 40 bombs every year.

Lets hear it, who is your most underrated legend?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Larry Walker and Jim Edmonds (and don't get your underoos cramped up your meatpurse, RJ, Ucant'll tell you I've been a huge fan of those 2 long before they put 314 unis on)

But by no means is Vlad underrated. Everyone knows what a monster he is.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Mike Schmidt

Only when they talk about 3bs do they mention the guy. He was a fucking masher who had an incredible glove at 3b.

Ernie Banks,etc

Edmonds is not a Legend.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

agreed.

Schmidt and Brooks Robinson @ 3rd Base...wow.

Mr. CUB? very underrated!!!!

Edmonds has some more work to do to get even close to this company.

i'll step it up here...Derek Jeter is and has been "all world" for quite some time.

he was not at this year's All Star festivities.

i think that is strictly "Anti-Empire" sentiment.

when we look back 10-15 years from now...will Derek Jeter "be lauded" for his accomplishments...or will he be looked upon as merely the Main Cog in the Empire's Machine?

i'm NOT a YankeeFan...i'm beginning to believe that Jeter is way underrated.
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

WELL...since my baseball card collecion has a TON of George Brett cards in it...rather than Schmidt or Robinson....

I'll go to the "alcohol caused me to forget George card."

honest faux pas
January 1, 2010....we're having DUCK for Dinner...
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Schmidt wasn't even the best glove at third when he played.

Kenny Reitz, nigga.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Most Underrated Legend

Post by Shoalzie »

Raydah James wrote:Since Emofaglice is a cunt, I figured i'd start a better thread.

First off, Vlad G. gets the nod as the most underrated legend of all-time.

Dude can do it all-Hit for Power, hit for average, has a fucking Cannon, and can Steal Bases and Chase down impossible fly balls that no one else would be able to touch.

The strike zone could be 10 feet by 10 feet and he'd still bat .280 with 40 bombs every year.

Lets hear it, who is your most underrated legend?

Here's neither underrated or a legend...he's on pace for the Hall of Fame though. Any good baseball fan can appreciate Guerrero's skills as the one true 5-tool player in the game today. There are probably a few better hitters than him and he doesn't steal the most bases but he's probably the best combination of the 5 major skill categories. He's one of my favorite players in the league right now...as long as he's healthy, I'd never count out the Angels in the AL.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Vlad isnt a legend, neither is Edmonds or Jeter. A legend is someone who's playing days expired sometime ago but was once a dominant figure in the game. Schmidt is a great choice. 10 GGs and 8 HR titles and dude barely gets mentioned.

#1 Stan Musial - Dude is second in hits, Top 5 in numerous others. Besides, Teddy Disney, Musial might be the best hitter ever.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Lefty Grove
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Cicero wrote:#1 Stan Musial - Dude is second in hits, Top 5 in numerous others. Besides, Teddy Disney, Musial might be the best hitter ever.
Might want to knock that 80% down a notch or two.

My list of underrated:

Bob Feller
Hank Greenberg
Duke Snyder
Hank Aaron

Hank gets lost in the shuffle when talking about greatest player ever because he is mistakenly viewed as just a homerun hitter. Dude has the most RBI's ever, over 3,000 hits, lifetime average over .300 and was a solid defensive player both in RF and at second base.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Killian wrote:
Cicero wrote:#1 Stan Musial - Dude is second in hits, Top 5 in numerous others. Besides, Teddy Disney, Musial might be the best hitter ever.
Might want to knock that 80% down a notch or two.

My list of underrated:

Bob Feller
Hank Greenberg
Duke Snyder
Hank Aaron

Hank gets lost in the shuffle when talking about greatest player ever because he is mistakenly viewed as just a homerun hitter. Dude has the most RBI's ever, over 3,000 hits, lifetime average over .300 and was a solid defensive player both in RF and at second base.

80% for who???
Killian

Post by Killian »

Adelpiero wrote:80% for who???
Cicero stated that he knew more about sports than 80% of the board. I suggest he knock that down for the obvious error in his post.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Killian wrote:
Cicero stated that he knew more about sports than 80% of the board. I suggest he knock that down for the obvious error in his post.
:lol:

Did you know that Rafael Palmeiro is 3rd in Home Runs? And Nolan Ryan is 2nd in wins? Yep. Cicero told me so. Gotta be true right?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Killian wrote:
that stan musial is 1 of best ever? Wrong on that?

think before you answer, you could look very stupid with the incorrect answer!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Underrated Legend? Well that depends on if you consider this guy a legend or not, but J.R. Richard does not get nearly enough props for what he did. Dude was an absolute monster on the mound and still ranks 5th all time for strike-outs per 9 innings pitched. His stroke left him as one of the sad tales of professional sports (where the fuck was SunCoast Sooner when he was REALLY needed) and found him as a homeless man in the 90's. He's managed to pick his life back up, but some of us will never forget his dominace on the mound!

Fewest Hits Per Nine Innings, All-Time (min. 1,500 IP)
Nolan Ryan... 6.56
Pedro Martinez... 6.73
Sandy Koufax... 6.79
Sid Fernandez... 6.85
J.R. Richard... 6.88

That's some prett stellar company!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Adelpiero wrote:
Killian wrote:

Is Stan Musial second in career hits? Think before you answer, you could look very stupid.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

"Underrated legend"??

Nigga, puhhlease.

Sin,
Your English Teacher
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Killian wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:
Killian wrote: Cicero stated that he knew more about sports than 80% of the board. I suggest he knock that down for the obvious error in his post.

Is Stan Musial second in career hits? Think before you answer, you could look very stupid.
I laughed
Alkie
Swigmeister General

Post by Alkie »

IndyFrisco wrote:I was really into partaking in the art of fellatio
Dinsdale wrote:rack Al.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

My bad Killian. Dude is 4th. I should have known better about Ty being second. I dont really have the luxury of going on a fact finding mission while at the office. However, Musial is a great choice. He was just as good a hitter as Williams but he never seems to get the run he deserves. I do agree though w/ your choice of Greenberg.