Jeff Byers out for the whole season

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Jeff Byers out for the whole season

Post by Killian »

Carroll made that announcement recently. Also, Rocky Hinds and Eric Wright have been denied their release to UNLV.

This is a pretty big blow for the Oline, is it not?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

He was out most of last year too. Having Justice back will certainly help. I think they have more D-line problems than O-line.

Hey, K, what about that trade proposal I sent you?
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Byers was recruited as a center but played guard the second half of last year when he couldnt beat out Kalil. Justice will be back at tackle and will compete with Latui and Baker for the tackle positions. Matua will hold down one guard spot, the other will be up for grabs
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

It's the East Coast Conspiracy - showing up early this year.

--Plaschke
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Laxplayer wrote:He was out most of last year too. Having Justice back will certainly help. I think they have more D-line problems than O-line.

Hey, K, what about that trade proposal I sent you?
He played for over half the season at guard. But you are right, dline is where they lost some players.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold on to him for about a week or two.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Byers is a Colorado kid, no?

why is Carroll denying releases to those kids? that's kind of tacky insn't it?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian

Post by Killian »

King Crimson wrote:Byers is a Colorado kid, no?

why is Carroll denying releases to those kids? that's kind of tacky insn't it?
Yes, he's the kid from Colorado.

The rumor is that Carroll believes Hinds and Wright contacted UNLV before getting their release, which is an NCAA violation. They can appeal, but it sounds like this is more about making sure they (USC and the players) don't get into trouble than it is about fucking over the kids.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

What new graduation requirements? Are they gonna make Miami players learn to read now?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Grad-rate stats-or-no if a kid wants to leave let him, unless you know some other school has been meddling of course. Then you gotta protect your house. When you have lots of blue-chippers(like a USC gets) you are going to have some ending up disappointed and wanting to leave. Plus if you make kids stay you open yourself up for major negative-recruiting attacks. IMO the grad-rates should be about what percent of kids who stay at your school for four or more years graduate, case closed, if they didn't stay they shouldn't count.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Killian

Post by Killian »

Believe the Heupel wrote:If it were up to me, I'd write the rule like this:

1. Players who transfer to another school are excluded.
2. Players who flunk out of school are excluded-I don't really figure there's much point in punishing schools for holding players to regular academic standards...
3. Players who transfer IN from JuCo will count with the class that entered three years before them (thus giving the JuCo three years to graduate.)
4. Players who are dismissed from the team for disciplinary matters are excluded-again, why punish a school for upholding a code of conduct?
Agree with 1 and 3, disagree with 2 and 4. W/r/t 2, you have to really fuck up to flunk out if you are a football player, at any school. If you flunk out, you didn't meet your end of the deal and the school should be held accountable. As for number 4, I could go either way with this one but I'm of the opinion that you (the coach) got a pretty good idea what type of guy you are recruiting and you are taking the risk by recruiting him.
Killian

Post by Killian »

I agree. If you say, "we kicked Johnny out of school because he raped a girl and he had a drug problem" the university in question is taking the right course of action and should not be punished. If this happened every year, the you might have to look into it.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Killian wrote:The rumor is that Carroll believes Hinds and Wright contacted UNLV before getting their release, which is an NCAA violation. They can appeal, but it sounds like this is more about making sure they (USC and the players) don't get into trouble than it is about fucking over the kids.
Medalions reporting...just in from vacation.

The Hinds and Wright denial has nothing to do with Pete Carroll. It's our vindictive/ass athletic director Mike Garrett who has a very ugly past with numerous universities, including UNLV.

Sucks much that Keith is out for the seaon, this is not the kind of news I wanted to get when I got back. :x
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .